Today: Amazon Gold Box Video Game Deals - Brink $19.99 DotD

• Please log in to reply
663 replies to this topic

#571 Lucian

Lucian

Officer Friendly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:25 AM

I was like 260+ on the 360 wait list, but was also on the ps3 wAit list and was offered ps3 version. Says it won't ship for 1-3 weeks but who cares?
Posted Image

#572 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:26 AM

I just got a copy after being on the waitlist for a while.

So I guess only 4 other people got this deal according to some of you guys.

do you have the little wait window? Im missing it but it says im in the wait list. Im curious how it allerted you that you got your copy

#573 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

it tells me waitlist is full. So they only had 5 copies of this game for sale at the gold box price? WTF, amazon...

Of course they didn't have just 5 copies. They had probably hundreds of copies. It was just such a great deal that everyone pounced. People just angry and uninformed so they like to say some crap like "they only had 5 copies!!! :bomb:!!"

do you have the little wait window? Im missing it but it says im in the wait list. Im curious how it allerted you that you got your copy

my gold box changed to Add to Cart. that's how i knew I was off the waitlist.

#574 letallis

letallis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

The only game I would've bought sold out instantly. Fuck you 40 minute League of Legends games. :(. Oh well, this will make my wallet more prepared for the upcoming slew of AAA titles coming up this fall.

#575 thejnc

thejnc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:27 AM

Does a message pop up if on the wait list and a copy becomes available?

#576 stageman12

stageman12

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:28 AM

Said 57% claimed for 360, clicked "add to cart" and was #42 on the waitlist... Just checked out with a copy. :)

#577 Camwi

Camwi

Can I be a sasquatch too?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:31 AM

Is this a meme or something? I don't get what's the big deal about EDF.

I would tell you to buy Earth Defense Force 2017 and see for yourself, but I see now that the game is going for crazy high prices on the Amazon Marketplace.

The game is a fucking blast.

#578 Dragonsbane

Dragonsbane

Dr. StrangeCAG

• CAGiversary!

Is this a meme or something? I don't get what's the big deal about EDF.

You sir have not lived, it is like playing through a b movie from the 60s, giant bugs, robots, Lizards (godzilla) ufos Its all there. My anger grows for people that never played the first one that bought this one........
Dr. Strange CAG- Or how I learned to stop worrying and love cheap stuff.

Posted Image
Christianity: The belief that a Jewish cosmic zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat fruit from a magical tree.

#579 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

nice bro, that gives us all hope...

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#580 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Of course they didn't have just 5 copies. They had probably hundreds of copies. It was just such a great deal that everyone pounced. People just angry and uninformed so they like to say some crap like "they only had 5 copies!!! :bomb:!!"

and some people dont recognize sarcasm. Were sure they had more than 5 copies, were exaggerating. Honestly i would be surprised if they had more than a hundred or so of these with how fast they went though

my gold box changed to Add to Cart. that's how i knew I was off the waitlist.

hmm guess i'll have to stick around and check in on it from time to time. How late did you join the waitlist? for me it was 4 minutes after it went live. My main concern is that i have no popup window or anything. Just says im on the wait list

#581 Justin42

Justin42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Does a message pop up if on the wait list and a copy becomes available?

Yep. But you have to keep the browser on Amazon's site and it comes up pretty unobtrusively-- no sound or anything, so make sure to keep an eye on the tab/window with Amazon in it.

You only get like 2-3 minutes to add it to cart from waitlist before you're kicked off and they go to the next person.

I wish they had a "you're out of luck, you don't need to keep staring at us" alert but I'm sure they don't specifically so you keep mindlessly browsing around looking for deals.

#582 TeamUnderdog

TeamUnderdog

It's Not a Deal! It's a Steal!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:33 AM

Missed out on EDF. Darn.

card.png
453976.png

#583 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

I would tell you to buy Earth Defense Force 2017 and see for yourself, but I see now that the game is going for crazy high prices on the Amazon Marketplace.

The game is a fucking blast.

lets be honest to those singing the praises of the original.. it was.. OK. The only reason it was amusing was its b-movie appeal. Unfortunatly the game was also b-quality, with pretty poor graphics, menu's, ect. I actually only played a few levels then got kinda boared. I heard this version is a lot better though. Hppefully it has a better fleshed out story

#584 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Edf 2017 was going for 6.99 b1g1 at blockbuster and no one wanted them.

#585 thejnc

thejnc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:34 AM

Got a copy. Just went back to amazon page and I had less than 90 seconds to put in my cart. But it does say I will have it on Thurs Juky 28th. Got the 360 version since the PS3 waitlist was full. Good deal.

#586 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:34 AM

Edf 2017 was going for 6.99 b1g1 at blockbuster and no one wanted them.

Lol, thats when i got my copy about a year ago.

The game might not be the best game ever. But with a good buddy, it's a hell of a fun time.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#587 Justin42

Justin42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:35 AM

Got a copy. Just went back to amazon page and I had less than 90 seconds to put in my cart. But it does say I will have it on Thurs Juky 28th. Got the 360 version since the PS3 waitlist was full. Good deal.

What # were you on the waitlist?

I got in on the 360 waitlist around 134 when it took me about 1 minute to realize the PS3 and 360 waitlists were separate. (and I went for PS3 first :/ ). Still not giving up entirely, though...

#588 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:36 AM

Yep. But you have to keep the browser on Amazon's site and it comes up pretty unobtrusively-- no sound or anything, so make sure to keep an eye on the tab/window with Amazon in it.

You only get like 2-3 minutes to add it to cart from waitlist before you're kicked off and they go to the next person.

I wish they had a "you're out of luck, you don't need to keep staring at us" alert but I'm sure they don't specifically so you keep mindlessly browsing around looking for deals.

hmm does it at least tell you if you missed your wait list call? Ive been checking the page every few minutes. but there was probably a 6-7 minute stretch there where i didn't. Would be lame if it passed then =P It still just shows me in the wait list.

#589 thejnc

thejnc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:38 AM

What # were you on the waitlist?

I got in on the 360 waitlist around 134 when it took me about 1 minute to realize the PS3 and 360 waitlists were separate. (and I went for PS3 first :/ ). Still not giving up entirely, though...

Sorry dude, I honestly have no idea which # I was. The PS3 list was full though when I tried to get on the waitlist. I went for PS3 1st, then tried 360 and got on the list. But did not catch which #.

#590 Justin42

Justin42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:38 AM

yeah, you'll have a popup with "Sorry, your chance has expired" (as a leftover from the "hurry up and add to cart" popup).

At least this is how it worked the last time I was on a waitlist (and missed the popup :( ) about 3-4 months ago.

#591 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:41 AM

I just looked up this edf insect armageddon game and honestly, it just looks like a 3'rd person shooter version of dynasty warriors mixed with lost planet skins.the visuals look bland and uninspired. As for the gameplay, it seems ok. I do hope that my fellow cheapies who missed out on this good deal for edf get a good deal on it soon.
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#592 Camwi

Camwi

Can I be a sasquatch too?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:42 AM

lets be honest to those singing the praises of the original.. it was.. OK. The only reason it was amusing was its b-movie appeal. Unfortunatly the game was also b-quality, with pretty poor graphics, menu's, ect. I actually only played a few levels then got kinda boared. I heard this version is a lot better though. Hppefully it has a better fleshed out story

That's too bad that you didn't care for the game. I loved it.

#593 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:42 AM

yeah, you'll have a popup with "Sorry, your chance has expired" (as a leftover from the "hurry up and add to cart" popup).

At least this is how it worked the last time I was on a waitlist (and missed the popup :( ) about 3-4 months ago.

thanks. No popup or anything for me. I even have everything disabled on firefox for amazon. I guess i'll keep waiting. I do notice it says 'SOLD OUT' on the description. I wonder if that means everything was claimed and bought? Its kinda annoying because im starving. I want to go get some food but im waiting on this ;P

#594 BloodiedWraith

BloodiedWraith

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:44 AM

Finally just got onto the PS3 waitlist after all this time... #100. Who knows, maybe I'll get a copy.

#595 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

yeah why sold out and not all discounts claimed?

and i was #100 ps3 10 minutes ago, hopefully more people on the end of that list means its moving fast?
(lol, im probly 98 now, fail)

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#596 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

I was shocked to see EDF sold out mere minutes after the deal started (I believe I checked 3 minutes in), and I got on the waitlist, but after thinking about it, I think I can wait for this to drop to $19.99 (again) or lower (:lol:). So I'll just let my turn pass if it comes around. I hope some of you are able to get a copy!

One reason I can wait is that I currently have EDF:IA checked out from a local library (I just started it tonight and it really is as fun as I've heard); if I really enjoy it, maybe I'll buy it later.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly 2: Band of Thieves

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/4]: :vita: Velocity 2X (4.5/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#597 jwunorton09

jwunorton09

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:45 AM

This game is an absolute blast! If EDF: IA was $30 it would have gone in minutes as well.

#598 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

That's too bad that you didn't care for the game. I loved it.

its not that i didn't care for it, its just not as awesome as everyone seems to make it out to be. The B-movie feel is cool, but the problem is the B-game quality that goes with it. Maybe i'll pick it up and try it again or something, but i just never got super into it. It was an average game IMO

#599 Dragonsbane

Dragonsbane

Dr. StrangeCAG

• CAGiversary!

I was shocked to see EDF sold out mere minutes after the deal started (I believe I checked 3 minutes in), and I got on the waitlist, but after thinking about it, I think I can wait for this to drop to $19.99 (again) or lower (:lol:). So I'll just let my turn pass if it comes around. I hope some of you are able to get a copy!

One reason I can wait is that I currently have EDF:IA checked out from a local library (I just started it tonight and it really is as fun as I've heard); if I really enjoy it, maybe I'll buy it later.

You may have the most awesome library ever.....
Dr. Strange CAG- Or how I learned to stop worrying and love cheap stuff.

Posted Image
Christianity: The belief that a Jewish cosmic zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat fruit from a magical tree.

#600 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:47 AM

You may have the most awesome library ever.....

yaa...... wtf? Librarys have games now?