Today: Amazon Gold Box Video Game Deals - Brink $19.99 DotD

• Please log in to reply
663 replies to this topic

#631 DesertLeo

DesertLeo

DontReadThis.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:42 AM

It can be whatever year you want it to be on the World Wide Web, where you can hide behind a smokescreen and tell someone to "Shut the Fuck Up", right? :applause:

Posted Image

#632 juanawoman

juanawoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:45 AM

Don't I know it. ;) I can't believe how amazing it is in getting new releases (books, movies, and games--though only for 360, Wii, and PS2), including Record of Agarest War ZERO, Dungeon Siege III, and Child of Eden (the system is more picky with M-rated titles, only stocking those that receive "stellar reviews"). Thanks to this library, I was able to try out Child of Eden, and based on my experiences, I'd definitely buy a copy for myself at $15-$20.

This library even listens to your suggestions for purchasing materials. For instance, I suggested that they buy Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 (:360) since I noticed it wasn't in the catalog, and I received an email later saying that not only were they were going to purchase it, they would place a hold on it in my name for me to pick up when it arrived at my local branch! :bouncy:

Oh yeah, you can also place holds on some not-yet-released games, too: I currently have Driver: San Francisco and El Shaddai on hold.

Back on topic, I'm STILL on the waitlist, and it doesn't look like that'll be changing anytime soon. Congrats to those who got in on this deal. :applause:

Wow, you're library rocks. I see all these other libraries that get games, but mine hasn't. I can say they have a great movie selection, but the good stuff is always checked out(so you have to put it on hold).

Cool avatar by the way. ;)

#633 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:46 AM

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-

#634 JohnnyBeeGoode

JohnnyBeeGoode

I think Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag (PS4) is fantastic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:50 AM

Lol, dont you just hate that Internet tough guy additude

I had never heard of the "Internet Tough Guy" (it is VERY self explanatory), however, I did a google search and this is some text from the first page I was sent to:

Common usage
The abbreviation ITG is used to point out the silliness and obvious posturing of someone trying too hard to seem powerful.

"kerrect my grammer much more yelping dogs and i kerrect ur life and make it ded. „

—Qaopan, instilling fear throughout Forumfall.

Sample Dialogue of an ITG
"[15:58] XXXX: with my testicles dangerling too
[16:02] XXXX: What I ment is I'll stomp your bullsh*t and sooner or later other people take offense and join yourside and I'll stomp them too.
[16:02] XXXX: Good luck banning me Im proxy expert
[16:02] XXXX: and I can wipe my index.dat no problem..

Example Sentences
I'd like to see you say that to my face, ITG.

That said, the "Internet Tough Guy" could've been "the weakest link" back in 1997, when he was telling people to "Shut the Fuck up!", just like it's 2011.
Posted Image

#635 the_ENEMY_

the_ENEMY_

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:53 AM

did they let people order 100 copies of EDF? i checked the sale 2 minutes after it started and they were sold out. Thats ridiculous. I sent an email telling them they are just feeding flippers but I bet they don't even care.
Posted Image

#636 JohnnyBeeGoode

JohnnyBeeGoode

I think Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag (PS4) is fantastic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:56 AM

did they let people order 100 copies of EDF? i checked the sale 2 minutes after it started and they were sold out. Thats ridiculous. I sent an email telling them they are just feeding flippers but I bet they don't even care.

Man, I don't know but that one went QUICK! I remember the Tomb Raider Trilogy went QUICK a few months back but this takes the cake.....
Posted Image

#637 Darknuke

Darknuke

Guncraft: Voxel-FPS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:58 AM

holy crap that was an AMAZING deal on EDF... I already own the game but SHIT I can't believe that kind of price drop so soon after release.

SteamWidget.PNG

#638 Muthafodder

Muthafodder

Posted 27 July 2011 - 04:00 AM

I'd never heard of EDF, saw it earlier as the last deal and thought it was a DS or Wii game.

Decided to watch a video of it after it sold out so fast...I want this game now :(

#639 SmileyMcSmiles

SmileyMcSmiles

Coulrophobia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 04:14 AM

Brink for PS3 now has Free Standard Shipping.

I held off because I didn't want anything else to reach $25...now this is making it a bit harder to stay away from.

Anyone here play the game? Is it really as bad as some say it is? I'm not looking for perfection or anything, just something fun and enjoyable.

#640 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 04:17 AM

Brink for PS3 now has Free Standard Shipping.

I held off because I didn't want anything else to reach $25...now this is making it a bit harder to stay away from.

Anyone here play the game? Is it really as bad as some say it is? I'm not looking for perfection or anything, just something fun and enjoyable.

I honestly did not like it at all. It was very bland to me
Currently playing
:ps4: strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

690739.png

#641 ChosenOne1

ChosenOne1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 04:22 AM

Picked up Brink and Dead Space 2 CE.

#642 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 04:31 AM

I just got Brink today, and yeah, it's almost worth $20 if the free dlc is packed with content and trophies.

The game is just really quick, I started it up last night and I'm already done with the resistance team. I still need to do the challenges and security team, but it's the same maps. and, like mindjack and other recent games, the online/offline is the same game but with bots taking place of real players. It seems like it would be fun with a bunch of friends maybe. Im gonna play with my grrl for a few days and flip them for 20 even, maybe even keep a copy, but 20 is almost what it's worth, lil less, but for new can't complain.

i got my 1st copy through gohastings for 20ish.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#643 hectorlaparka

hectorlaparka

Posted 27 July 2011 - 04:38 AM

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU I missed the EDF deal.

#644 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 04:46 AM

Now EDF PS3 ships in 1 to 3 weeks while 360 version is in stock.

Seems like amazon sold more copies of 360 than PS3.

Anyway, I'm glad that I was patiently waiting at my computer for the deal to go live.
"Woah! This pain feels so good! So good!" — Albedo / Xenosaga

#645 TraBuch

TraBuch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 04:48 AM

Now EDF PS3 ships in 1 to 3 weeks while 360 version is in stock.

Seems like amazon sold more copies of 360 than PS3.

Anyway, I'm glad that I was patiently waiting at my computer for the deal to go live.

Eh? Wouldn't that mean they sold more copies of the PS3 version?

#646 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 04:53 AM

LOL @ feednig flippers. Where exactly does EDF trade for anything?
amazon was giving 18.50 away earlier, but that's a loss, plus they lowered it.
peace n quit blaming flippers for losing out on deals. i missed this too, i blame myself tho for not being on here the moment it started, oh well, $20 price point edf soon enough, its not like we dont have huge backlogs ;)

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#647 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 04:53 AM

Is this a meme or something? I don't get what's the big deal about EDF.

Same here. Looked quite repetitive to me...

#648 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 27 July 2011 - 05:01 AM

some good deals for once, too bad I missed them all. seriously considering Brink for $20 though

#649 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 05:07 AM

Eh? Wouldn't that mean they sold more copies of the PS3 version?

The bestsellers list has the 360 version at #4xx and PS3 version at #7xx. So I assumed they sold more copies of the 360 version (or allocated more 360 copies for the lightning deal).
"Woah! This pain feels so good! So good!" — Albedo / Xenosaga

#650 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 05:09 AM

The bestsellers list has the 360 version at #4xx and PS3 version at #7xx. So I assumed they sold more copies of the 360 version.

I would have picked it up for the ps3 but considering I already have the first one on the 360 I just went ahead and added this one for the same console.

#651 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 05:51 AM

One of the local libraries a few towns over from me has video games you can rent, but you have to live in the town (we're in the same county) to rent it. The other libraries usually can ship over movies to your local library, but they refuse to ship over games... probably because of taxes and all that fun shit.

Also, you guys are really hyping this game, and it's somewhat contagious.

Love the Regular Show + VG Cats avatars, by the way.

Could you have imagined EDF on the B1G1 40% off list? I don't know if half of the people who got their copies would have.

EDF 2017 used is for sale on GS.com for $20, EDF:IA used is not.

Official Hammerwatch Dispenser - $2 PayPal each

Well aren't the pandas going extinct?

You wouldn't be if you stopped being lazy and aggressively copulated.

Never have truer words been spoken.

#652 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 27 July 2011 - 06:07 AM

Maaaan, I totally forgot to check in at 7 PM cause we got slammed at work. Pretty bummed I missed EDF, but I'm sure it'll be at that price again sooner or later.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#653 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 27 July 2011 - 06:11 AM

I had never heard of the "Internet Tough Guy" (it is VERY self explanatory), however, I did a google search and this is some text from the first page I was sent to:

Common usage
The abbreviation ITG is used to point out the silliness and obvious posturing of someone trying too hard to seem powerful.

"kerrect my grammer much more yelping dogs and i kerrect ur life and make it ded. „

—Qaopan, instilling fear throughout Forumfall.

Sample Dialogue of an ITG
"[15:58] XXXX: with my testicles dangerling too
[16:02] XXXX: What I ment is I'll stomp your bullsh*t and sooner or later other people take offense and join yourside and I'll stomp them too.
[16:02] XXXX: Good luck banning me Im proxy expert
[16:02] XXXX: and I can wipe my index.dat no problem..

Example Sentences
I'd like to see you say that to my face, ITG.

That said, the "Internet Tough Guy" could've been "the weakest link" back in 1997, when he was telling people to "Shut the Fuck up!", just like it's 2011.

Wow.

Was it another slap in the face?

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#654 MechaGojira

MechaGojira

Custom User Title?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 06:24 AM

Maaaan, I totally forgot to check in at 7 PM cause we got slammed at work. Pretty bummed I missed EDF, but I'm sure it'll be at that price again sooner or later.

That actually happened to me too! I got on my work break at 7:20 and everything was already sold out. I'm sure it'll be that price too, but I'm not sure if I want to wait... D';
Posted Image

#655 bcks007

bcks007

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 27 July 2011 - 06:39 AM

I was trying to get ghost warrior, and I added it to my cart but then I saw it had the b1g40% off on the main product page, so I was testing that out trying to see how to get it to work. during that time I removed it from my cart to properly test all the regular variables of the deal. And then when I went to add it to my cart again, having decided you didn't need to add the game from the page of all the games, and adding from the deals page would still work for that 40% off, it no longer let me add the game to my cart. and now I'm sad. and that is my great tale of woe and mishaps in amazon deal getting.

now I'm just interested in EDF. 20 would be an awesome price. probably with be $30 is my guess.

Ha, that makes me feel better now, I did the same thing a few months ago. Don't remember what game, but I was screwed, after I figured out what I did, i called up amazon to speak to a live person, couldn't for the life of me, get them to understand what I meant, and what happened. Nothing came from my call. :cry:

At least I got Mass Effect 2 for $30(This wasn't the price when I crashed this morning) and Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon for $20 today, plus Brink for $20. Not a bad day.8-)

#656 ravens52bears54

ravens52bears54

Thin Blue Line

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 06:58 AM

I seriously underestimated the interest in a $20bit EDF. I checked at 10:09pm EDT and all were claimed. Boo.

#657 Scorpius

Scorpius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 07:03 AM

Sorry, I was misremembering. I grew up playing Jazz Jackrabbit and Duke Nukem and for some reason thought they were both developed by Apogee. Wikipedia set me straight on that.

Oh, yea, didn't even take developer into consideration, just looked at the fact it was a creature and he had speed, lol

Jazz Jackrabbit hint is most likely a game created by Epic Games (CliffyB) , so i would say bulletstorm is a really good bet.

Good guess!

#658 clickpow

clickpow

Zeus himself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 01:29 PM

EDF $29.99 for 360 now http://www.amazon.co...4840_pe_vfe_dt1
:cold:

#659 samuelcole

samuelcole

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 12:07 AM

I just got my copy of Brink from this sale, and it still has it's sticker on it saying 'do not sell until 5/10/11'. I'm guessing they pressed way more discs then they sold, kinda sad.

#660 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 12:12 AM

I just got my copy of Brink from this sale, and it still has it's sticker on it saying 'do not sell until 5/10/11'. I'm guessing they pressed way more discs then they sold, kinda sad.

Brink is the kind of game you play on the PC. I don't know if there was and wish there would have been some kind of MP Beta. I remember the game getting so much hype before release and it nuked.