A few pics from my trip to Africa - mostly for my lowball bidders

willynateDgreat

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Hey CAG'ers - I just returned from Africa after an amazing 2.5 weeks, and have some CAG'ers to partially thank for making this trip possible. I had a lowball sale right before I left to help raise some extra funds for my trip. Not surprisingly, the bidders came through awesomely and I'm really appreciative for the support.

I went with an organization called Every Child Ministries which works with abused/neglected women and children in Ghana. I spent time training teachers and ministers on how to use puppets in classroom and churches. I also was able to do some great sight seeing in this beautiful country.

So here are a few pics from the trip:

Me and Leo the Lion

Cool art work everywhere!

Working with the kiddos - I was able to perform for over 1,000 children

National Geographic shot

Sightseeing at a former slave castle - sadly chilling

Cute African kid shot

Again, thanks to all the guys who bought stuff in my lowball and even gave extra for it as well.

Was that slave castle the Cape Coast Castle, per chance? I just finished reading a biography on Black Bart (Pirate Bartholomew Roberts) and they spoke briefly about it. I'd love to go there and shoot some footage of it.

good to know the phat lewts i scored went to a good cause. thanks for the pics, puts a reality to the event. kudos to you sir!

I'm disappointed I missed the sale. You might miss the games in your collection, if at all, but seems like a small price to pay to have plenty of stories to tell in the future. Great thread.

[quote name='dustdingo']Was that slave castle the Cape Coast Castle, per chance? I just finished reading a biography on Black Bart (Pirate Bartholomew Roberts) and they spoke briefly about it. I'd love to go there and shoot some footage of it.[/QUOTE]

Actually, yea, it was Cape Coast Castle - fascinating place, if also rather depressing.

[quote name='DQT']I'm disappointed I missed the sale. You might miss the games in your collection, if at all, but seems like a small price to pay to have plenty of stories to tell in the future. Great thread.[/QUOTE]

Good perspective - losing a few games/systems was a small price to pay for all the incredible experiences that I had and stories I'll be able to share for a lifetime.

[quote name='willynateDgreat']Good perspective - losing a few games/systems was a small price to pay for all the incredible experiences that I had and stories I'll be able to share for a lifetime.[/QUOTE]

Personally, as much as I enjoy my game collection, it's not something I'd ever talk about or bring up at dinner parties. Just sayin. ;)

Sorry for being the slacker and just now getting around to checking out these pictures but those are great! Amazing story, willynateDgreat

So here's a shameless late bump so more can see the good CAG can do :D

SI

bread's done
Back