• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#61 Organ Donor

Organ Donor

Watch his Bull Charge!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2011 - 03:43 PM

Will wait for a sub $20 price.

Same here. I played the demo and thought it was decent, but with all the other games on the horizon there is no way I'm going to spend any more than $20 for this one. If it wasn't for the bad timing on the release of this I'd probably pick it up at this price.

#62 aspower

aspower

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2011 - 06:10 PM

Played demo...must resist. I fully enjoyed the single player demo, although those red barricades need to go. The cars felt a little too same, but otherwise, pretty good arcade-style controls (better than GTA). This is definitely a driving game right up my alley with all the movie inspired missions, but I don't see this game doing well. If I can just wait a couple of months, I'm sure it'll be near $20 soon enough. Of course, the lack of decent pre-order bonuses, and the cool CE only available in Europe, makes this a wait and see game anyways.

#63 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2011 - 07:34 PM

Haven't played the demo yet but everyone else's impressions make it sound promising. Submitted a pricematch to Amazon.

#64 bsmiff

bsmiff

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2011 - 10:26 PM

I ended up pre-ordering from Best Buy. They've got a good 40% bonus trade-in deal going, plus a $10 off coupon for Driver: SF. Trading in :360: NFS:HP and Portal 2 covered it, maybe some credit left over.

#65 boogie4114

boogie4114

Enthusiastic Gamer!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2011 - 10:33 PM

Should've did the 50% promo with Madden. Buy Madden then exchange it when Driver comes out and use the $10 coupon when you exchange it and 10% off coupon.

#66 bsmiff

bsmiff

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2011 - 11:21 PM

Should've did the 50% promo with Madden. Buy Madden then exchange it when Driver comes out and use the $10 coupon when you exchange it and 10% off coupon.

Eh, I'm not really into pulling stuff like that. Being honest provided a good enough deal for me.

#67 nflsonic

nflsonic

Your Title is Not Enough

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2011 - 01:39 AM

The multiplayer demo was extremely fun, nearly enough for me to preorder this or pick up on day 1. Unfortunately, the backlog will not permit and this going-back-to-college-thing seems to be in the way too.

Needless to say, I'll be picking up this title eventually.

milesbanner.jpg

Currently Playing:
:ps4: BF4, inFamous: SS   :ps3:: The Last of Us |  :pc:: Starcraft 2 | :3ds:: Pokemon Y | :vita:: Tearaway |  :wiiu:: Zelda: WWHD 

#68 beard_of_zeus

beard_of_zeus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2011 - 05:56 AM

Looks like this is still at this price, and still qualifies for the "Buy 1, Get 1 50% off" from this week's ad. I think I'm going to finally give in and buy this game, especially after having fun with the demos, and reading the flattering reviews.
Posted Image

#69 vermadas

vermadas

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2011 - 05:07 PM

Just an FYI for anyone thinking about picking this up in store. It does ring up at $59.99, but since the price on the website does not say "Online Only" they let me PM the website. My cashier did have to get a manager to confirm they could do the website PM, so slight YMMV.

#70 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2011 - 05:33 PM

Very tempting offer, but with a decent backlog and a ton of AAA titles coming I'm gonna pass.

#71 kjdsider

kjdsider

Posted 08 September 2011 - 07:26 PM

anyone getting a delay in their preorder shipping? first time ordering a pre order on their site and i'm not liking the delay.

the email even stated they dont know when it'll ship even though the website says it's in stock. and if they cant ship in 1 month, they'll just cancel my order...

#72 MIX_MASTER_ICE

MIX_MASTER_ICE

The Night Stalker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 01:40 AM

Dropped by TRU tonight to get my kids (and me) Mario Strikers and Punch Out with the buy one get one 50% off deal. Asked about price matching the Driver SF online price of 44.99 and they said alright, so I picked it up. Game is pretty darn cool.

1.pngdefault.png IMAG0005.jpg