Mortal Kombat Kollector's Edition (360) $59.99 @ Amazon

Damn its getting harder and harder to resist buying this at $60. I was really hoping for it to eventually drop to $40 but I really want to play this.

hmmm so tempted, trade in value for the reg vers is 31.05, so it would only be 29 for the extras.....not so sure if its worth it though.

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']Does anyone know if this includes the season pass?[/QUOTE]

Season pass is only available on Xbox 360 Marketplace and only covers the DLC characters I believe. This comes with the costume code for Ermac and Kitana (her costume code is in every new copy of the game), though you can just grab them and more in the costume pack DLC. The main reason to get this is really only for the bookends and the art book.

[quote name='Wompdevil']Season pass is only available on Xbox 360 Marketplace and only covers the DLC characters I believe. This comes with the costume code for Ermac and Kitana (her costume code is in every new copy of the game), though you can just grab them and more in the costume pack DLC. The main reason to get this is really only for the bookends and the art book.[/QUOTE]

Ahh, I see. Thanks for the explaination!

I hope the PS3 version goes on sale... and it probably will while I'm no where near a computer and then sell out before I see it.

[quote name='CAG Muroso']anyone know how much each bookend weigh? i need it to use it for my game cases. and i need it to be heavy.[/QUOTE]

I have these and I would say each end weighs about a little over a pound or so.

[quote name='Wompdevil']Season pass is only available on Xbox 360 Marketplace and only covers the DLC characters I believe. This comes with the costume code for Ermac and Kitana (her costume code is in every new copy of the game), though you can just grab them and more in the costume pack DLC. The main reason to get this is really only for the bookends and the art book.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure Kitana vouchers only came in TRU preorders. The KE only comes with the Ermac and avatar DLC codes.

Just ordered this from Best Buy a minute ago. I was tempted to get it from Amazon but I had a $50 digital coupon to burn and a GC with like 7 bucks on it :p
But at $60 with FS you guys should bite. The whole pack looks awesome and I doubt it'll get more than $5-$10 cheaper, if at all.
Cost me $7 more after tax and shipping at BB though.

Bah. I want but don't need. Plus I have a feeling there's going to be an Ultimate edition with all the DLC at some point in the near future.

Easily the best fighting game in a long time. My brother has the tournament edition but its high time I get my own copy and I think im going to go with this edition. I actually dont like Scorpion at all but will admit these would look great around a game or book collection. Almost willing to bite for $60.

Wish this was a little less. My son would love the bookends (he collects this kinds of things and loves the 2 characters on them) but the game is a little too much for my 9 year old. We love MK vs DC though.

If someone wants to sell bookends hit me up as I would be interested for the right price.

Still a nice deal for the kit though.

Greg

After seeing how disappointing the LBP2 CE bookends were, I wish I saved that money to get this instead. I hope I can get wait a little longer.

Thanks for posting this. I have a 360 but also really want the PS3 version. I contacted amazon to see if they'd honor this price for the PS3 version. Will post the results. Lets cross our fingers!

ur better off speaking directly to a cs rep either via phone or chat. it may take a few tries but its better than being shot down once via email. after 3 tries today i was able to get amazon cs to switch my 59.99 batman arkham city ce from 360 to ps3, for the same price instead of the listed 99.99 msrp. good luck!

[quote name='DamnationZeRO']Thanks for posting this. I have a 360 but also really want the PS3 version. I contacted amazon to see if they'd honor this price for the PS3 version. Will post the results. Lets cross our fingers![/QUOTE]

[quote name='DamnationZeRO']Thanks for posting this. I have a 360 but also really want the PS3 version. I contacted amazon to see if they'd honor this price for the PS3 version. Will post the results. Lets cross our fingers![/QUOTE]

You want to see if they will sell you the PS3 version that is not on sale for the price on the 360 version that is on sale?

Alright to all of those who want the PS3 version. I sent my message to amazon and they got back to me in like 10 minutes. The person who emailed me said they "don't usually do this but will break the policy for me" (probably BS). Anyway, I was told to place my order at the 85$ price and they provided me with a link to put my order # in afterwards to have the price adjusted. I just received another email and it's been confirmed the price will be billed at 59.99$ when the item ships. Pretty awesome!!

[quote name='Barkwhip']You want to see if they will sell you the PS3 version that is not on sale for the price on the 360 version that is on sale?[/QUOTE]

Yes and it worked :) Never hurts to ask dude. It's not like we're talking about me asking if someone will sell me a BMW for the price of a KIA.

[quote name='S0DA POPINSKI']I bought it. Seeing how I quit smoking for one month today, a little present for myself[/QUOTE]

Congratulations

[quote name='doubledown']Is this the version with Freddy Kreuger is coming as DLC?[/QUOTE]

No, the only DLC bonuses that came with this version was a Klassic Kostume that can be had with the rest in the pack for $5 on XBLM. As for Krueger (which apparently isn't a joke by Netherrealm Studios), he's available on the PS3 version. The PS3 version is the only one with console exclusive content (in the form of Kratos :roll:). The only Xbox exclusive is:

A "Season Pass" available to Xbox 360 users offers the first four DLC characters together at an overall discounted price.

Yeah.. great.

Congrats on the quitting by the way, remember to thank whoever's been on your ass about it. I helped the ex quit smoking cold turkey for well over a year, and let's just say she wasn't the only one craving some form of drug because of it.

[quote name='DamnationZeRO']Alright to all of those who want the PS3 version. I sent my message to amazon and they got back to me in like 10 minutes. The person who emailed me said they "don't usually do this but will break the policy for me" (probably BS). Anyway, I was told to place my order at the 85$ price and they provided me with a link to put my order # in afterwards to have the price adjusted. I just received another email and it's been confirmed the price will be billed at 59.99$ when the item ships. Pretty awesome!![/QUOTE]

can you tell me what exactly you told them on the email? thanks.

bread's done
Back