Buy a Select Game, Get One 40% Off at Amazon

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#31 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2011 - 01:45 PM

The only game there I would want is vanquish. Oh well, I don't need more things in my backlog anyway :lol:.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#32 midloo

midloo

Posted 26 July 2011 - 01:47 PM

Naughty Bear Gold Edition for only $29.99!
Posted Image

#33 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2011 - 01:49 PM

The only game there I would want is vanquish. Oh well, I don't need more things in my backlog anyway :lol:.

Ugh, I know. It's the exact reason I try to avoid this site. Even lurking isn't enough to keep you away from fattening up your backlog. Anyone think Vanquish is going to drop to $15ish any time soon? I'd get it on its own if that was the case..

Naughty Bear had a Gold edition?

Official Hammerwatch Dispenser - $2 PayPal each

Well aren't the pandas going extinct?

You wouldn't be if you stopped being lazy and aggressively copulated.

Never have truer words been spoken.

#34 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 26 July 2011 - 01:53 PM

Ugh, I know. It's the exact reason I try to avoid this site. Even lurking isn't enough to keep you away from fattening up your backlog. Anyone think Vanquish is going to drop to $15ish any time soon? I'd get it on its own if that was the case..

It just hit the $20 MSRP and you have a backlog. $10-15 is all but guaranteed by the end of the year. Have some self restraint dammit, lol
Posted Image

#35 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2011 - 01:54 PM

I beleave that Target has vanquish on clearance for 8 bucks if you can find it. Oh and naughty bear indeed has a gold edition (garbage game)
Currently playing
:ps4: watch dogs, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag

games recently beaten: :ps4: infamous second son, call of duty ghosts, killzone shadowfall, knack :ps3: kingdom hearts hd :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#36 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2011 - 01:58 PM

It just hit the $20 MSRP and you have a backlog. $10-15 is all but guaranteed by the end of the year. Have some self restraint dammit, lol

This site is indeed a backlog nightmare lol. I dont know How ive been able to keep my backlog under 10 games the whole year, Its really hard to do
Currently playing

games recently beaten: :ps4: infamous second son, call of duty ghosts, killzone shadowfall, knack :ps3: kingdom hearts hd :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#37 ArmyOfFun

ArmyOfFun

Posted 26 July 2011 - 02:01 PM

Decent price on Vanquish. Almost grabbed that and FO: New Vegas, but I think I'll wait until the inevitable version of FO:NV comes out with all/most DLC.

#38 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2011 - 02:14 PM

Yay! I'm finally getting Oblivion. It better be as good as people say it is or else I'll have to kick someone's ass!

There are a multitude of bugs, like any Bethesda game, so you might need to warn your loved ones. Speaking of, I'm expecting a FO:NV GotY that may or may not included the tiny pre-order bonuses by late Octoberish. (Following the timeline of Fallout 3 and its DLC.) I'm hoping there'll be another patch included/by then, but... =/ I'm sure those of us who got it for $7.50 during BBV's B1G1 free sale aren't complaining too much though.

Self-restraint? Here? I'm glad I'm not alone in my suffering here though.

And I've heard about the magical price @ Target, but none of my Targets clearance ANYTHING outside of DS games. The only other things in their reduced price section are PH/GH games @ MSRP. Vanquish @ $8... how you tease me.

Going to go look up what came with NB: Gold now.

#39 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2011 - 02:18 PM

And I've heard about the magical price @ Target, but none of my Targets clearance ANYTHING outside of DS games. The only other things in their reduced price section are PH/GH games @ MSRP. Vanquish @ $8... how you tease me.

Mine is the same way, except they do clear out some high quality Wii games. I mean they had Grease the video game on clearance and some Kidz Bop game :lol:. Either way give Vanquish until fall when everything comes out. It will drop, or wait for a damn good sale.
Posted Image

#40 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2011 - 02:31 PM

Really? I thought they fixed the bugs in the Xbox 360 GOTY and 5th Anniversary editions.

Maybe a few, but there's still quite a bit. The PS3 just suffers from more. The last time they did a patch was before the GotY (which they included on the disc), and that was quite a while back. Just check the Oblivion Wikia for all the fun bugs. Oblivion is so notorious for bugs being unresolved, the PC community ended up being the one who really patched everything in their series of (Unofficial Oblivion Patches). One of the best examples of shit DLC (horse armor) and a lack of post-release care.

@Fragsalot Yeah, I think it's the high foot-traffic, so they figure they don't need to clearance anything. And I was tempted to bite on the sale because it included Vanquish, but there's no other game I'd really want to bundle it with that I'd wanna pay $20 for, but I can hold off on rocket sliding (which is always awesome) until the end of the year.

#41 Broken Cage

Broken Cage

Don't Start Trouble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2011 - 03:02 PM

You know you buy too many games when you can't find two games out of 134 to buy. I'm debating picking up New Vegas, but I'd have to pick up something like Toy Story 3 for my girlfriend to get the 40% off. I don't know if that'd be worth it.

Posted ImagePosted Image

I blog about playing video games: www.heavyattack.com

#42 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 26 July 2011 - 03:17 PM

I hated Oblivion, bored me to tears so id steer clear. I've been waiting to pick up MGS 4 but can't find another game. To me, Vanquish and MOH have too short campaigns for $12 at least from what I read.

#43 Runch

Runch

Responsibly Reckless

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2011 - 03:18 PM

You know you buy too many games when you can't find two games out of 134 to buy. I'm debating picking up New Vegas, but I'd have to pick up something like Toy Story 3 for my girlfriend to get the 40% off. I don't know if that'd be worth it.

Actually Toy Story 3 is a blast, and you can play the whole thing co-op. Plus New Vegas is awesome, even better than Fallout 3 IMO (although others may and probably will disagree).
Posted Image

#44 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2011 - 03:19 PM

Well f*** it then, screw Oblivion and it's bugs. I'll just wait for Skyrim and hope for the best.

I didn't mean to completely turn you off it. It's worth $30 certainly (especially as part of a deal like this), and I really don't think buying Skyrim at release is going to cure your frustrations considering their current track record *COUGH*. It's a great game, just expect to have to look at the Wikia for possible complications. It's nowhere near as bad as New Vegas' bugs (even now).
I can't fully compare NV to FO3 until the GotY edition comes out and I play the DLC. I've been an East Coaster all my life, even going to college rather close to the setting of FO3, so the game has an extra connection for me in comparison to New Vegas.

#45 stripwhite

stripwhite

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2011 - 03:24 PM

Amazon better not get a whole bunch of CAG awards at the end of the year after pulling this crap. They jacked up all the prices for this "deal". You'd end up paying just about the same amount if you bought two of these titles last week at their normal price w/o the 40% off.
Posted Image

#46 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Archaic kinds of fun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2011 - 03:25 PM

Hmm, I'm interested in Shadows of the Damned and Hunted, but ~$90 is too much. Can't be too long before they're both in the $20 range.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#47 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2011 - 03:26 PM

Actually Toy Story 3 is a blast, and you can play the whole thing co-op. Plus New Vegas is awesome, even better than Fallout 3 IMO (although others may and probably will disagree).

Ive never seen a movie tie in game get as much praise from gamers as toy story 3 does, makes me want to try it
Currently playing

#48 midloo

midloo

Posted 26 July 2011 - 03:27 PM

Well f*** it then, screw Oblivion and it's bugs. I'll just wait for Skyrim and hope for the best.

Now now... Oblivion is a great game regardless of a few bugs. It's a price you should be willing to pay for its expansive and interesting world. Saying "screw it" because of some bugs is like not watching Citizen Kane because the camera shakes on the dolly.

Ive never seen a movie tie in game get as much praise from gamers as toy story 3 does, makes me want to try it

Riddick: Escape from Butcher's Bay.

I hated Oblivion, bored me to tears so id steer clear. I've been waiting to pick up MGS 4 but can't find another game. To me, Vanquish and MOH have too short campaigns for $12 at least from what I read.

Vanquish is worth way more than $12 measly dollars! It's Platinum Games! They make unique stuff that are deserving of some coin!
Posted Image

#49 midloo

midloo

Posted 26 July 2011 - 03:28 PM

[double post] sorry!
Posted Image

#50 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2011 - 03:30 PM

Hmm, I'm interested in Shadows of the Damned and Hunted, but ~$90 is too much. Can't be too long before they're both in the $20 range.

Hunted might take a bit, but I could imagine Shadows will tank fast. Shadows sold horrible.
Posted Image

#51 autche

autche

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2011 - 04:02 PM

FYI - anyone interested in Yoostar can try the code SAVE5YOO to get $10 off, I received it a while ago (there was a thread here about it, don't remember the details). Yoostar is part of the buy 1 get 40% off promotion, and the code DOES stack with this promo. I do not know if my code was unique (SAVE5YOO), but I doubt it. The code expires 7/31.

#52 Fabrizo

Fabrizo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2011 - 04:04 PM

To me, Vanquish and MOH have too short campaigns for $12 at least from what I read.

Vanquish is an amazing game, this generations Zone of Enders 2.

#53 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 26 July 2011 - 04:06 PM

FYI - some prices just dropped. MGS 4 just went down 5 bucks to 14.99 before 40%.

#54 Rsmobile

Rsmobile

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2011 - 04:10 PM

Vanquish is overrated but still decent at the price. Nothing special though. By the time I beat all the challenges and was working on the hardest difficulty, I hated it and never wanted to see it again, so I can't muster up any good memories though I THINK it's a decent short ride.

I don't understand why Fallout New Vegas dropped so far so fast. It was great and did not tank. Still, it's a Bethesda game. So is Hunted, so Hunted is probably due for a drop.

Shadows of the Damned will most certainly drop. It's an EA title that tanked. Will join the ranks of the underrated with MoH and EA MMA before too long.

#55 youenvy

youenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2011 - 04:14 PM

Hunted might take a bit, but I could imagine Shadows will tank fast. Shadows sold horrible.

shadow of the damned--just picked it from go hastings for $25 shipped bout 10 min ago--but i had a %40 code-so if you have a code it aint to bad to get it there.

also picked up some xbox controls-a halo one and the silver one with changing d pad-both for $45 shipped.

an they restocked most of their hardrives was about to pick up a 250 hd for the xbox for $40-again after the coupon-but i realized i don't even need it. point is some things seemed to be restocked over there.

#56 stevocbk24

stevocbk24

CAG Veteran/Winter Soldier

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2011 - 04:20 PM

Looks like I'm going to be picking up Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 and either Record of Agerest War Zero limited edition or Dragon Ball Z Raging Blast since the price on that never drops.

stevo%20cbk24.jpg

#57 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2011 - 04:20 PM

Vanquish is overrated but still decent at the price. Nothing special though. By the time I beat all the challenges and was working on the hardest difficulty, I hated it and never wanted to see it again, so I can't muster up any good memories though I THINK it's a decent short ride.

I don't understand why Fallout New Vegas dropped so far so fast. It was great and did not tank. Still, it's a Bethesda game. So is Hunted, so Hunted is probably due for a drop.

Shadows of the Damned will most certainly drop. It's an EA title that tanked. Will join the ranks of the underrated with MoH and EA MMA before too long.

It dropped so fast cause its a really broken game that has now flooded the used market
Currently playing

#58 Cornelius

Cornelius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2011 - 04:40 PM

Well the fact that sotd is on this list means it wont be in the goldbox later today :(

"Bulletstorm" is the 4pm gold-box deal, and "Your Shape" may be the 2pm fitness game.

70109.png
I don't always buy :360: points, but when I do, I click this CrazyGameTime affiliate link below
Cornelius's gamercard, so CGT will forward 2% of the proceeds so he can buy more points!

#59 stevocbk24

stevocbk24

CAG Veteran/Winter Soldier

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2011 - 06:14 PM

I bit Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 and Dragon Ball Raging Blast for $72.76 was too good to pass up. My friends and I loved getting drunk and playing the Dragon Ball demo. Good clean fighting fun. I have Dynasty Warriors Gundam and I liked it way more than the average Dynasty Warriors game. Both Gundam and Dragon Ball never seem to drop in price. I saw the Dragon Ball add ons are all free to so I'm excited to download all the characters.

stevo%20cbk24.jpg

#60 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2011 - 08:22 PM

Grabbed Vanquish and Just Cause 2. It was slim pickings but I got what I was looking for.
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378