Humble Indie Bundle #3 is no longer available

• Please log in to reply
351 replies to this topic

#91 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 12:53 AM

The maker of VVVVV, how does he feel that his game is the only thing carrying this pack?

That the amount of karma he's gaining will earn him a winning lottery ticket?

Official Hammerwatch Dispenser - $2 PayPal each

Well aren't the pandas going extinct?

You wouldn't be if you stopped being lazy and aggressively copulated.

Never have truer words been spoken.

#92 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 01:00 AM

Just hit $300,000 total in contributions in what, 8 hours? The internet can be a wonderful thing sometimes.

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#93 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 01:03 AM

Just hit $300,000 total in contributions in what, 8 hours? The internet can be a wonderful thing sometimes.

Wow, 30,000,000 new owners of VVVVVV!

#94 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 01:06 AM

Wow, 30,000,000 new owners of VVVVVV!

Whoa, that'd be 10% of the US population? CAN THE SERVERS HANDLE IT?

Also, lmao. ^

#95 Chewbacca's Abortion

Chewbacca's Abortion

The Midnight Creeper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 01:49 AM

So, I purchased the pack on their site through paypal, and received the paypal receipt. Yet their website still asks me to purchase it, I haven't received any codes and customer support isn't being helpful (ie: not responding at all). Does anyone happen to know who I should contact?
Posted Image

#96 malfuncti0n

malfuncti0n

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 01:56 AM

man, VVVVVV gets hard quick.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#97 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 01:59 AM

Try contacting them here: contact@humblebundle.com

I got my PayPal receipt and also a link to my download links as well as Steam and Desura keys, but I haven't yet received my actual email confirmation. I tried using the Lost Key link at the bottom of http://www.humblebundle.com but still nothing.

I'm not too worried, though. I've purchased all the other bundles before, so I think this is just a little system hiccup.

#98 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:00 AM

man, VVVVVV gets hard quick.

If you're at the space station at the upper part of the map, note that "The Hard Way" or "Veni Vidi Vici" is entirely optional and, in fact, a soul-sucking pain in the ass. Come back for it later. You'll ruin the game if you are attempting it the first time you hit it.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#99 DaBargainHunta

DaBargainHunta

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:03 AM

So, I purchased the pack on their site through paypal, and received the paypal receipt. Yet their website still asks me to purchase it, I haven't received any codes and customer support isn't being helpful (ie: not responding at all). Does anyone happen to know who I should contact?

Same here. I'm doing what this post suggested. Already got an automated response saying they've received my e-mail.

#100 henryVIII

henryVIII

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:04 AM

If you're at the space station at the upper part of the map, note that "The Hard Way" or "Veni Vidi Vici" is entirely optional and, in fact, a soul-sucking pain in the ass. Come back for it later. You'll ruin the game if you are attempting it the first time you hit it.

Thank you. I put in about 30 minutes and got stuck at this part.

I thought it might be a good idea to shut off the game before something bad happened to my computer. Glad to hear the rest of the game isn't that brutal.

#101 Chewbacca's Abortion

Chewbacca's Abortion

The Midnight Creeper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:04 AM

Try contacting them here: contact@humblebundle.com

I got my PayPal receipt and also a link to my download links as well as Steam and Desura keys, but I haven't yet received my actual email confirmation. I tried using the Lost Key link at the bottom of http://www.humblebundle.com but still nothing.

I'm not too worried, though. I've purchased all the other bundles before, so I think this is just a little system hiccup.

Cool, thanks dawg!
Posted Image

#102 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:10 AM

From @humble on twitter:

We are having some technical problems with PayPal... Please stand by

#103 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:22 AM

Thank you. I put in about 30 minutes and got stuck at this part.

I thought it might be a good idea to shut off the game before something bad happened to my computer. Glad to hear the rest of the game isn't that brutal.

Yeah, just leave out the top that's not the way you came and continue with the level.

Veni Vidi Vici gets loads of Youtube videos and what not but mostly it just sucks. The rest of the game is largely much more clever and manageable. That's just the one asshole part of the game.

Don't get me wrong, there still are asshole bits on the main path through the game but nowhere near as assholish as Veni Vidi Vici.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#104 PlowK1NG

PlowK1NG

Banned from MSstore.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:23 AM

I paid with Amazon Payments. I got a receipt for the purchase in my inbox, but can't download the games. Any help?
Get a great value from your used games by trading at Leaptrade.

http://www.leaptrade...referrer:MrPlow

#105 GamerKingFaiz

GamerKingFaiz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:50 AM

Yay for having a job! I donated $10 this time, phew, no guilt this time around! :D

fs_lastplayed.png

#106 solohunter

solohunter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:52 AM

do any of these games have multiplayer of any type?

#107 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:56 AM

do any of these games have multiplayer of any type?

According to their Steam pages they do not.

#108 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:10 AM

Update: PayPal should be working again.

PayPal has resolved the issue -- if you ordered with PayPal and did not receive anything, please let us know!

#109 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:31 AM

I own all but two of the games so I'm in for Crayon Physics and maybe Hammerfight. I have no problem though throwing money to the dev of AYIM and VVVVVV. Cogs is not a bad puzzler either.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#110 Chewbacca's Abortion

Chewbacca's Abortion

The Midnight Creeper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:41 AM

Still waiting for them to contact me regarding my code.
Posted Image

#111 akmgmer

akmgmer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:46 AM

Jumped in yet again for a Humble Indie Bundle. Great games, had all but two but still it is definitely worth donating and helping out the devs.

#112 cruzfactor

cruzfactor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:53 AM

Whatever happened to that Splot game from the Frozenbyte Humble Bundle? Did that ever get released?
"Even if it's free, you can always buy it cheaper."
-Rule 11, The Ferengi Rules of Acquisition

Blog Blah Blah

Make time for this shameful referral banner:

Posted Image

#113 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 27 July 2011 - 04:02 AM

5 bucks for the devs.

#114 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 05:05 AM

Spent some time playing Cogs this evening. It's more fun than I expected to have, actually. I'm still not in love with any kind of paneled slide puzzles, but this one starts off fairly gently and really wins you over with its simple charm and wonderful aesthetics. I'm also really impressed at the immediate variety of puzzles present in the early levels of the game. You turn cogs, pipe steam, fill balloons, solve 3D puzzles, double-sided puzzles, etc. Not only that, in order to win certain levels you often need to make multiple bells clang at the same time, fill up balloons with specific steam colors, make two wheels spin at the same time to make a "wagon" move forward, turn a propeller to make it helicopter away, and so on and so on.

#115 Jugglenaut

Jugglenaut

Horseshoe Goldfish

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 05:17 AM

Whatever happened to that Splot game from the Frozenbyte Humble Bundle? Did that ever get released?

Checked Frozenbyte's blog (http://frozenbyte.com/blog/) and the last post they did on the game was on the 7th, last time the talked about a date was June 29th when the said it was coming soon. The website for the game says it should be released this summer, so hopefully we'll see it in the next month.

#116 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 05:41 AM

Hm, I've been playing VVVVVV and noticed on the main menu that it's version 1.2. I'll send an email to the HB folks about this. I was under the impression earlier that it was supposed to be version 2.0.

I am genuinely impressed with this game, and I am a totally rusty 8- and 16-bit platformer game fan. I suck so bad at many of my old Genesis games that I have to leave the room so my 8-year-old daughter doesn't learn any colorful sailor-type words. :D

The game is spread over a large map, but you're given a continue point to save at incredibly often, so there's not a lot of backtracking, if that. You also come across teleporters that let you zip to different parts of the map Metroidvania style. The art style is obviously very simple, but there's a slick clarity to it all that doesn't distract you and helps you to get a good read on each room. The music is fantastic and would easily be at home with great NES games of yore. Usually retro sountracks are almost too hipster and intentionally bleepy, but I am totally going to save up for the soundtrack to this game.

The gameplay is of course frakking HARD, but so far in my playthrough (1/5 of the way I think) most of the times you die you realize that it's your fault (but in a good way). Yes, you'll require precision and fast reflexes and yes you will start to go mad because I can't figure out an area soon enough. But stick with it and you will probably grin at the cleverness of it all. Think of the first time you learned the laser patterns in Quickman's level in Mega Man 2 and made it through without using the Time Stopper. That's the feeling you get in small and large doses in this game, and that's a total compliment.

The game's spirit is actually rather kind. I half expected the game to talk smack to you or the text to have a tone of ultra-hipster, but it's actually cute and kind of sweet. You're basically out to rescue members of your ship, and the first person you encounter to help you is encouraging and kind. Like, she offered me a lollipop :)

Make no mistake. This game will test you, but it is nicely done and offered at an unbeatable price. Hope that helps someone make a decision to go with the bundle (and donate a generous amound ;D).

#117 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 05:47 AM

Ah, looks like I got my bundle download links finally emailed to me, as well as the bundle keys sent in a separate email I requested. Here's hoping the rest of you also got your stuff finally emailed as well.

#118 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 06:56 AM

Just to rave a bit more, I also love how relentlessly clever VVVVVV is with its gimmick, throwing rooms at you that just have you doing cool gravity flipping stuff. The room "Just Pick Yourself Down" makes me smile every time.

There are some rage moments but the ridiculously friendly checkpointing makes it work, keeps the pace working very fast and makes up for whatever flaws would be much more visible if you were actually being asked to do these levels without dying.

#119 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 07:02 AM

Out of curiosity, do any of these games require a gaming-focused rig? I haven't been a serious PC gamer in centuries, but this bundle is really tempting and I don't currently have a solid gaming rig.. I realize I'm being lazy by not just looking at the recommended specs, but I figured those of you have played the games would have a better idea.

#120 Schizophriend

Schizophriend

Panda P.I.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 07:15 AM

Pretty good bundle once again. Already owned Cogs and VVVVV, but bought it anyway for Crayon Physics, And Yet it Moves, and to have VVVVV on steam.

The fact that they give you a steam key for these games makes it a no brainer.