TRON Evolution Collector's Edition - $39.99 (360) $41.39 (PS3)

Jcaugustine

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Don't know if it's a good deal.

360: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003ZFVD76/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

PS3: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003ZFVD58/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

tron-evolution-collectors-edition-xbox-360-picture.jpg

Saw this around $49.99 for a day back in May before sky rocketing back up to $109.99.

Now it's down to $39.99.

Has a 58% Metacritic rating.

It's been $40 for quite a while. The lowest I saw it was $29 a few days ago by a new seller. I'm assuming they just had 1 since they aren't listed anymore.

I think it will drop even lower. Gamestop currently sells this for $49.99

Good deal, not so good game. But hey, it's a CE, who can argue with a cheap CE? The lightcycle looks pretty cool anyway. Wouldn't be surprised to see it get down to $30 though.

really want this just for the little extras but don't it is worth the 40 bucks for the PS3 version :whistle2:k

Just a little over 140 of each ps3/360 available. Thats not many left, so i dont think this will go much cheaper. I'm a CE whore and even I'm able to resist this one.

[quote name='Edge']Good deal, not so good game. But hey, it's a CE, who can argue with a cheap CE? [/QUOTE]

Its the game with a free toy car. I can argue with it.

Good deal. The light cycle is a piece of garbage but it's the same scale as the other light cycle toys released. So it's kind of neat for Tron fans to be able to have a Gen 2 (Kevin Flynn's retro style), this and then Sam/Clu's bike. The figure doesn't move or light up at all though, and the display case isn't really that great (although it has a tray to hold your game and the movie ticket that you can't use anymore.)

The game was pretty frustrating even as a Tron fan but it had a few decent lightcycle levels, some decent fighting/disc mechanics and some really cool tank levels towards the end. The tank levels are very reminiscent of the 'Space Paranoids' game that Flynn made in the first Tron, so for a Tron fan the game is worth playing for those levels.

But the game got bad reviews for a reason. It had a decent plot that added a bit to the movie, and the production values were nice. If you've ever played Mirror's Edge though, this game will drive you insane and cost you several new controllers and perhaps a new monitor. Too bad the platforming sections are such a mess and not more tuned like Mirror's Edge, the game could have been decent if so.

edit: TL:DR Game sucks, light cycle is cool if you have some of the other toys or are a big Tron fan

Tough game, but fun! Can be frustrating as you jump to your derezz death multiple times. I beat the game and collected all the items, versioned up to 40. Hey, even my 9 year old daughter beat the game, and with more ease than me. She loves it and still plays to up her version.
I hear the light cycle toy is pretty cheapo.
I might want to get this if it ever hits $25. I have it on PS3, but would pick it up on 360 to have another go at it.
If you want a long challenging game, then have a go at Tron. It may test your will power, but hang in there, as your skills improve you will make it through. Just don't throw your controller at your nice HDTV.

[quote name='DJ_Tet']But the game got bad reviews for a reason. It had a decent plot that added a bit to the movie, and the production values were nice. If you've ever played Mirror's Edge though, this game will drive you insane and cost you several new controllers and perhaps a new monitor. Too bad the platforming sections are such a mess and not more tuned like Mirror's Edge, the game could have been decent if so.[/QUOTE]

They should not have made the game based on platforming at all. Wall running to get energy and to get to hard to reach places is fine, but it didn't make sense in the context of the world that you had to be an acrobat to go to all these areas.

There was something really wrong the way you had to defeat a tank by hand. The only way I was able to pass it was to stand in a place where I could hit the tank, but the turret shot behind my head. I was basically clipping in to the back of the tank and was being cheap, but I couldn't damage it a lot otherwise.

I'd rather see a SR2 (GTA) meets Tron world. It would make sense to be able to go to the arena and do disc or light cycle battles (against AI or human) whenever you felt like it. And run to areas of infection to [start missions to] combat it.

Heck, just releasing an updated Tron 2.0 would have been better. Too bad MS didn't make that title (and Advent Rising) backwards compatible.

I had to have the CE of this game since I poured a lot money into other Tron merchandise. Too bad the management of the toy line made some big mistakes which killed it.

You'll get no argument from me, Tron 2.0 was amazing and a far better game. Not sure what Disney was thinking with the 3rd person platforming stuff, other than the fighting with various guards it was really poorly implemented. I didn't have as many issues with the tank as you did but at the end fighting the black guards I thought I would have to quit cause I couldn't figure out how to beat them. Even some of the youtube vids weren't helping but I finally got it.

I didn't mean to say they should have made the game more like Mirror's Edge, I would have much preferred a Tron 3.0 or something. I meant, if you were going to go in that direction, at least make it playable. For anyone considering it, it's like a Mirror's Edge game that has you flailing off walls to your death until you finally make the right jump. Those parts are VERY frustrating.

[quote name='DJ_Tet']You'll get no argument from me, Tron 2.0 was amazing and a far better game. Not sure what Disney was thinking with the 3rd person platforming stuff, other than the fighting with various guards it was really poorly implemented. I didn't have as many issues with the tank as you did but at the end fighting the black guards I thought I would have to quit cause I couldn't figure out how to beat them. Even some of the youtube vids weren't helping but I finally got it.

I didn't mean to say they should have made the game more like Mirror's Edge, I would have much preferred a Tron 3.0 or something. I meant, if you were going to go in that direction, at least make it playable. For anyone considering it, it's like a Mirror's Edge game that has you flailing off walls to your death until you finally make the right jump. Those parts are VERY frustrating.[/QUOTE]
agreed:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Target has most of the Tron Legacy toys on Clearance for awhile now, I'd say just go buy yourself a lightcycle there for 5 or 6 bucks and skip the game. :)

[quote name='Digital Idiot']Target has most of the Tron Legacy toys on Clearance for awhile now, I'd say just go buy yourself a lightcycle there for 5 or 6 bucks and skip the game. :)[/QUOTE]

Get this and a cheap copy of the game at blockbuster and boom you have the ce of tron

bread's done
Back