• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 01:18 AM

Got one, thanks!

#92 themidnighter23

themidnighter23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 01:19 AM

I wish Frys was in the northeast, specifically the NJ area.
where's my whiskey, Im bout to get tore up

#93 exaznkid

exaznkid

Spare Some Change

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 01:24 AM

Very good deal, good catch op.

Artbook and Soundtrack are indeed in the box, why amazon kept touting this as a pre-order bonus since they're packed in Deluxe edition?
Marketing stunt probably.

i think the deluxe version is only available for preorder, or at least thats what i thought before this thread happened, i guess since they are selling them in store that probably means that they have an abundance of deluxe editions

#94 karyadi

karyadi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 01:25 AM

Got one, maybe Fry's just has a good amount ;D

#95 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 01:28 AM

i wish the soundtrack cd had the jukebox songs like the japanese ost does.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#96 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 27 July 2011 - 01:35 AM

i think the deluxe version is only available for preorder, or at least thats what i thought before this thread happened, i guess since they are selling them in store that probably means that they have an abundance of deluxe editions

The whole debate/question is getting old... I recall Demon Souls DX wasn't instantly rare either, but because 1 place that many states lack has a sale its automatically "the next Helghast edition"

• Gamestop online lists it as Currently Unavailable online for both systems.
  • Buy.com has some listed at over 100 usd, but that's it.
  • Amazon has an indeterminate sum.
  • Bestbuy which according to atlus should have the DX edition online isnt listed, but both are backordered.
  • Same goes for Walmart, but they're not backordered.

Finally if I remember right I dont believe Fry's takes preorders so a decent stock isnt too insane. Either or and in the end I think most people are getting WAY ahead of there selves. This is day 1 and it's way too early to judge how many sell. People say NISA has been doing "truely" limited releases, but if anyone wanted a new sealed Ar Tonelico 3 or Neptunia... well I've seen at least 1 at 9 different gamestops. Talk about rare :roll:

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#97 dkcecil

dkcecil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 01:41 AM

Thanks OP, I just ordered it on the website. It ended up being about $65 after shipping.
Like old school horror and B movies? Check this out.
http://www.goodbadflicks.com/

#98 exaznkid

exaznkid

Spare Some Change

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 01:42 AM

ah wasnt really aware that Frys didnt take preorders, also when i said "abundance" i was talking about Fry's having just a little more than they thought rather than an overflow of deluxe editions tho i find it odd that they would sell the deluxe edition at the same price of the standard edition. Regardless it is a great purchase for anyone who is able get their order hopefully mine will ship before the hoarders purchase the last remaining copies

#99 j-fever

j-fever

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 01:42 AM

Picked up the last PS3 copy @ Sunnyvale Fry's. I was told the sale is one day only, so anyone holding off until tomorrow might miss out. The shelf label said one per person.

Cheers
Last-Gen Kinda Rare Game Topic, way out of date...
http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=53810

Game TL

http://www.cheapassg...356#post7455356

#100 bluem00se

bluem00se

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 01:59 AM

I was planning on getting the regular edition when it got cheaper, but I need something new to play this summer anyways and I'd rather not play it in the fall when about 10 other huge games come out. Snagged the Special Edition even though it's really weird; the price was right. The Fry's I went to (San Jose Fry's off Brokaw) had a shelf full of them, and the price tag still says $79.99, but when I asked about it the cashier confirmed it was on sale for $59.99. Thanks OP

#101 Montes

Montes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:01 AM

If you really did this...Wow...just wow.

You have the gall to ask Amazon for a price adjustment off another website?

Do you often get cheese with your whine?

I don't believe it's a whine. Almost every retailer covers other people's offers. Even though I rarely do that, if you go to Bestbuy and give them a link to the gamestop website with a cheaper price, they would cover and sell it to you. The same with target, wal-mart, nordstrom, blah blah

amazon is my favorite retailer and I have spent more than 20k with them in the last years (no exaggeration. I've pulled a history). Always my first choice when buying stuff.

However, that doesn't mean that I'd pay $80 for a product that I can have for $60 (or $65 with tax).

So, point me the flaw in my act?

#102 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:29 AM

Man, I hope frys holds on till payday Friday!

#103 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:34 AM

I don't believe it's a whine. Almost every retailer covers other people's offers. Even though I rarely do that, if you go to Bestbuy and give them a link to the gamestop website with a cheaper price, they would cover and sell it to you. The same with target, wal-mart, nordstrom, blah blah

amazon is my favorite retailer and I have spent more than 20k with them in the last years (no exaggeration. I've pulled a history). Always my first choice when buying stuff.

However, that doesn't mean that I'd pay $80 for a product that I can have for $60 (or $65 with tax).

So, point me the flaw in my act?

Because amazon doesnt have price match as part of their policy? In fact amazon doesn't even do price adjustment when just about every B&M store does it. And whoever you talk to probably doesn't care if you spend $20 or $20K in the past.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#104 Perfect*Ending

Perfect*Ending

Cute Kelly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:38 AM

Got one at Fry's as well. Shelf marked $59.96. Decent deal. :)
Posted Image
Best in the World!

New Acronyms:
MSRP = Many Stupid Ridiculous Prices
SAD = Shitty Ass Deal

If you have a PS3, but are not gamesharing, you're doing it wrong.
Get a $60 game on day one for as low as $10?! :hot:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=339425

#105 Reigami

Reigami

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:39 AM

I would like to mention that I saw a "Expires 7-27-11" on the system so I don't know if that means it ends tonight or tomorrow.

Means it ends tomorrow if it works like any other ad based sale.

#106 TheRock88

TheRock88

The Franchise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:39 AM

Going to Fry's first thing in the morning tomorrow. Hopefully they'll still be at $60.

#107 ddp72984

ddp72984

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:47 AM

Got back from the downers grove, il, frys and there wasn't a sale sign plus the sticker on the game said 79.99

I went to get a price check, and two ignorant clerks in the game section told me (denying my request for a price scan) that the game was 80. I told them about the site's offer, in which they shrugged their shoulders and said that the store WILL NOT match the site.

Pissed, I went up to customer service. The lady already knew what I was complaining about. She explained that the website supposedly put the game on sale up too early, and for this, they had been requested by the corporate office to tell people otherwise. Again, I asked her to just scan the damn game, and surprise, game was 59.99

I'm glad I have the game but Fuck, what kind of shit was that? Did anyone else get this much trouble for the game?

#108 argyle

argyle

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:47 AM

My copy of the deluxe ed. arrived today, and I'm loving it so far. I don't have a Fry's around here anyway, so wouldn't matter much to me. Besides, I'm cashing in Sony Reward points for it, so in the end it won't cost me anything anyway. :D
Posted Image

#109 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:49 AM

Got back from the downers grove, il, frys and there wasn't a sale sign plus the sticker on the game said 79.99

I went to get a price check, and two ignorant clerks in the game section told me (denying my request for a price scan) that the game was 80. I told them about the site's offer, in which they shrugged their shoulders and said that the store WILL NOT match the site.

Pissed, I went up to customer service. The lady already knew what I was complaining about. She explained that the website supposedly put the game on sale up too early, and for this, they had been requested by the corporate office to tell people otherwise. Again, I asked her to just scan the damn game, and surprise, game was 59.99

I'm glad I have the game but Fuck, what kind of shit was that? Did anyone else get this much trouble for the game?

Why did you ask for a price check in the first place?

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#110 draqon2k2

draqon2k2

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:49 AM

Does this sale really end tmr?

#111 Demon Soul

Demon Soul

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:55 AM

Nice find OP! Thank you and Fry's.

#112 leeyum

leeyum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:31 AM

So tempted to pull the trigger on this hope this isn't ending soon

Edited by leeyum, 27 July 2011 - 03:35 AM.
this*

#113 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:44 AM

crap. Loaned my car out so i cant drive to mine. I'll have to hit it up tomorow. Hopefully they still have some. I'll probably return my amazon ps3 copy. I canceled the 360 version because they used the gay 'green' case for it... yes, thats right, they used that cheap POS case design on an 80 dollar collectors edition o_O go figure

Seriously returning it for that??? You're an idiot.

#114 arsenalcrazy8

arsenalcrazy8

As Cheap As Wenger.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:50 AM

I actually bit on this for 60. Its been a long time since Ive paid 60 dollars for a game...I would say the story is what intrigues me the most as opposed to the gameplay (which i hear gets repetitive).
Up the Gunners!!!!!
I am Cheap, therefore I buy Cheap.

#115 TraBuch

TraBuch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:52 AM

Ugh, this game is kicking my ass on easy. The first stages weren't bad, but the sixth stage really kicked up the difficulty. I've had to retry the third floor about 50 times so far, and I'm really not even close to figuring it out. I suck at puzzle games.

#116 j-fever

j-fever

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 04:02 AM

She explained that the website supposedly put the game on sale up too early, and for this, they had been requested by the corporate office to tell people otherwise. Again, I asked her to just scan the damn game, and surprise, game was 59.99

This might be partly correct?

Probalby too late for anyone, but it seems the Fry's got the prices wrong in-store as both editions are advertised at regular price.

Fry's usually corrects price errors by the next day.
Last-Gen Kinda Rare Game Topic, way out of date...
http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=53810

Game TL

http://www.cheapassg...356#post7455356

#117 Muthafodder

Muthafodder

Posted 27 July 2011 - 04:06 AM

This might be partly correct?

Probalby too late for anyone, but it seems the Fry's got the prices wrong in-store as both editions are advertised at regular price.

Fry's usually corrects price errors by the next day.

Looks like it's no longer available for shipping on their site too.
I would have pulled the trigger, but the collect tax in my state even though they don't have a store here...

#118 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 27 July 2011 - 04:11 AM

Ugh, this game is kicking my ass on easy. The first stages weren't bad, but the sixth stage really kicked up the difficulty. I've had to retry the third floor about 50 times so far, and I'm really not even close to figuring it out. I suck at puzzle games.

Really? Im playing on normal and it's not too bad except for bosses which the more I play the more I believe they're more so luck based.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#119 TraBuch

TraBuch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 04:15 AM

Really? Im playing on normal and it's not too bad except for bosses which the more I play the more I believe they're more so luck based.

Have you gotten to the Clock Tower stage yet? That's when it really starts ramping up the difficulty imo. The first five stages weren't all that bad.

#120 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 27 July 2011 - 04:22 AM

Have you gotten to the Clock Tower stage yet? That's when it really starts ramping up the difficulty imo. The first five stages weren't all that bad.

Yeah I am