Hey CE/SE/LE junkies! This one is for you!

thecoryjihad

CAGiversary!
Feedback
44 (84%)
So lay it out there......how many CE/SE/LE's do you have in your collection? What's your favorite? Your least favorite? Any great stories on finding them? What's that dark horse that you want for your collection that keeps eluding you?

I've got 62(currently).

They include
:360:
Alan Wake Limited Edition
Aliens Vs. Predator Hunter Edition
Assassin's Creed II Limited Edition
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Collector's Edition
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Ultimate Edition
Bioshock Collector's Edition
Bioshock 2 Special Edition
Borderlands Game of the Year Edition
Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway Limited Edition
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Limited Edition
Call of Duty Black Ops Hardened Edition
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Limited Edition
Catherine Love Is Over Deluxe Edition
Clive Barker's Jericho Special Edition
Dead Rising 2 Zombrex Limited Edition
Dead Space 2 Collector's Edition
Devil May Cry 4 Collector's Edition
Dragon Age: Origins Collector's Edition
Duke Nukem Balls of Steel Edition
The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion Collector's Edition
The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion 5th Anniversary Edition(sealed)
Fable II Collector's Edition
Fable III Collector's Edition
Fallout 3 Collector's Edition
Fallout New Vegas Collector's Edition
Forza Motorsport 3 Limited Edition
Gears of War Limited Edition
Gears of War 2 Limited Edition
Ghostbusters The Video Game Slimer Edition
Grand Theft Auto IV Special Edition
Halo 3 Limited Edition
Halo Reach Limited Edition
Halo Wars Limited Edition
James Cameron's Avatar The Game Limited Edition
Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4 Collector's Edition
Lost Planet Extreme Condition Collector's Edition
Marvel Ultimate Alliance Gold Edition
Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Fate of Two Worlds Special Edition
Mass Effect Limited Edition
Mass Effect 2 Limited Edition
Mortal Kombat Vs DC Universe Kollector's Edition
Mortal Kombat(2011) Kollector's Edition
Perfect Dark Zero Collector's Edition
Prey Limited Edition
Prince of Persia Limited Edition
Red Dead Redemption Special Edition
Saints Row 2 Collector's Edition
Soul Calibur IV Premium Edition
Star Wars The Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition
Star Wars The Force Unleashed II Collector's Edition
Stranglehold Collector's Edition
Street Fighter IV Collector's Edition
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction Collector's Edition
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent Limited Edition
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground Limited Edition
Tron Evolution Collector's Edition
Turning Point Fall of Liberty Limited Edition

:xbox:
Halo 2 Limited Edition
Jade Empire Limited Edition
Mortal Kombat Deception Kollector's Edition
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter Limited Edition

My favorite is Alan Wake. I just love how that game was packaged and whenever I look at my collection that's the one that keeps impressing me with its execution.

My least favorite is Stranglehold. It's just so.....blah. And extra disc and different cover art? We could've had so much more! Even Tron and Avatar went the extra mile.

My favorite find has been a brand new Fallout New Vegas CE at Gamestop. I walked in to my local store and the guys there know me pretty well and one of them came up to me and said he had something set aside for me. I walked to the back of the store with him and he showed me this brand new, non gutted, sealed example of Fallout. He knew I was looking for it and they just received a shipment. When I asked him how much, I was absolutely floored. $30! Snatched that right up!

The dark horse until last week was Red Dead Redemption SE. I ordered it from 4 different vendors on Amazon, each sending me the standard edition. After a few months of looking around, a fellow CAG saw my signature about my love for SE's, and he messages me out of the blue saying he's got one for sale! Score!

My current want is Assassin's Creed. Every one I come across is missing something or way too expensive.

How about you ladies and gents? What's your SE collection look like?

Lol I don't like shelling out money for LE's but to make everyone feel better about thier collection...
I have Halo 3 limited, Resistance 2 collector and Perfect Dark Zero collector (cost like $5 lol). My favorite game out the 3 is Halo 3, my favorite case that came with them is Dark Zero and my favorite extras were in the Halo 3 one. Really the only reason I buy LEs or CE are for the steel cases and for that reason my overall favorite is Perfect Dark. Halo 3's is in meh condition.

I haven't gotten my hands on the Alan Wake CE but I do love the Fable 3 CE. The book look to it is really awesome and I've seen pictures of Alan Wake being similar. I don't have too many CE but I was so excited for Batman AA CE and it was...lack luster with the batarang. Batman AC looks promising with the statue though. Good luck on your quest.

118 is what my Google Spreadsheets tells me but that's including a few special editions which really aren't special.. like the DMC3 Special Edition or Pokemon Special Pikachu Edition (they're counted because they have "edition" in the title). If we're talking about editions which actually contained some physical extra, then I'm guessing it's closer to 100 or 110. Then again, I've got a cabinet full of sealed games and a few of those are special editions, none of which are counted towards that total...

Favorite is probably Lunar Silver Star Story Complete since it was my first.

Least favorite is RE5 or SFIV since the extras are complete garbage.

The one I really want is Mass Effect. I'm still kicking myself for selling my sealed copy soon after release, thinking the series would never pick up.:bomb: How's that for funny?

This is what I got out of my spread sheets. It's entirely possible I accidentally glazed over a thing or two though.

PS1 Lunar Silver Star Story Complete
PS1 Lunar 2 Eternal Blue Complete
PS1 Arc The Lad Collection

:ps2: Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3 (Collector's Edition)
:ps2: Dragon Quest VII: Journey Of The Cursed King (Boxed)
:ps2: Final Fantasy XII (Collector's Edition)
:ps2: Growlanser: Generations (Deluxe Edition)
:ps2: Growlanser: Heritage Of War (Limited Edition)
:ps2: Magna Carta: Tears Of Blood (Deluxe Box Set)
:ps2: Mana Khemia: Alchemists Of Al-Revis (Premium Edition)
:ps2: Mana Khemia 2: Fall Of Alchemy - Alchemic Art Collection
:ps2: Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence (Limited Edition)
:ps2: Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love (Premium Edition)
:ps2: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha Vs. King Abaddon (Limited Edition)
:ps2: Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga (Deluxe Box Set)
:ps2: Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne (1st Run W/OST)
:ps2: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 (Limited Edition)
:ps2: Star Ocean: Till The End Of Time (Boxed)
:ps2: Wild Arms 5 (10th Anniversary Edition)

:ps3: God Of War III (Ultimate Edition)
:ps3: Killzone 2 (Steelbook)
:ps3: Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns Of The Patriots (Limited Edition)
:ps3: Ninja Gaiden Sigma (Collector's Edition)
:ps3: Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 (Collector's Edition)

:psp: Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII (Special Edition)
:psp: Dissidia: Final Fantasy (Special Edition)
:psp: Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy$(Legacy Edition)
:psp: Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection (Collector's Pack)
:psp: Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep (Special Edition)
:psp: The Legend Of Heroes: Trails In The Sky (Limited Edition)
:psp: Lord Of Arcana (Slayer Edition)
:psp: Lunar: Silver Star Harmony (Premium Edition)
:psp: Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (Limited Edition)
:psp: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable (Collector's Edition)
:psp: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona (Only edition released, but it's still a CE type!)
:psp: Tactcs Ogre: Let Us Cling Together (Premium Edition)
:psp: The 3rd Birthday (Twisted Edition)
:psp: Ys: I & II Chronicles (Premium Edition)
:psp: Ys: The Oath In Felghana (Premium Edition)
:psp: Ys Seven (Premium Edition)

:wii: Disney Epic Mickey (Collector's Edition)
:wii: Super Mario All-Stars (Limited Edition)

:ds: Blue Dragon Plus (Slip Cover)
:ds: Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (Slip Cover)
:ds: Legacy Of Ys: Books I & II (Boxed)
:ds: Radiant Historia (Boxed)
:ds: Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey

:xbox: Doom 3 (Limited Collector's Edition)
:xbox: Halo 2 (Collector's Edition)
:xbox: Mechassault 2 Lone Wolves (Limited Edition)
:xbox: Splinter Cell Chaos Theory (Collector's Edition)

:360: Afro Samurai (Slip Cover)
:360: Alan Wake (Limited Edition)
:360: Aliens Vs. Predator (Hunter Edition)
:360: Assassin's Creed (Limited Edition)
:360: Assassin's Creed II (Limited Edition)
:360: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (Collector's Edition)
:360: Batman: Arkham Asylum (Collector's Edition)
:360: Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition (Steelbook)
:360: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (Limited Edition)
:360: Bioshock (Collector's Edition)
:360: Bioshock (Steelbook)
:360: Bioshock 2 (Rapture Edition)
:360: Brothers In Arms: Hell's Highway (Steelbook) [This one's freakin' awesome!]
:360: Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (Limited Collector's Edition)
:360: Call Of Duty: World At War (Limited Edition)
:360: Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Hardened Edition)
:360: Call Of Duty: Black Ops (Hardened Edition)
:360: Catherine "Love Is Over" Deluxe Edition
:360: Crackdown 2 (Steelbook)
:360: Crysis 2 (Limited Edition)
:360: Dante's Inferno (Death Edition)
:360: Dead Space 2 (Collector's Edition)
:360: Devil May Cry 4 (Collector's Edition)
:360: Dragon Ball: Raging Blast (Limited Edition)
:360: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Collector's Edition
:360: Enchanted Arms (Boxed)
:360: Enslaved: Oddysey To The West (Talent Pack)
:360: Fable II (Limited Collector's Edition)
:360: Fable III (Collector's Edition)
:360: Fallout 3 (Collector's Edition)
:360: Fallout: New Vegas (Collector's Edition)
:360: Far Cry 2 (Steelbook)
:360: Final Fantasy XIII (Collector's Edition)
:360: Gears Of War (Limited Collector's Edition)
:360: Gears Of War 2 (Limited Edition)
:360: Halo 3 (Limited Edition)
:360: Halo Reach (Limited Edition)
:360: Halo Wars (Limited Edition)
:360: James Bond 007: Quantum of Solace (Collector's Edition)
:360: Lost Planet: Extreme Condition (Collector's Edition)
:360: Prey (Limited Collector's Edition)
:360: Red Dead Redemption (Special Edition)
:360: Resident Evil 5 (Collector's Edition)
:360: SoulCalibur IV (Premium Edition)
:360: Tales Of Vesperia (Special Edition)
:360: Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 (Collector's Edition)
:360: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent (Limited Collector's Edition)
:360: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction (Collector's Edition)
:360: Turok (Steelbook)

Wow, that took a lot longer than I thought it would when I sat down haha >_>

I'm now up to 65. I just got my winnings from starmask's lowball.

:360:
Dante's Inferno Death Edition
Battlefield Bad Company Gold Edition
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas Limited Edition(with no slipcover....anyone want to sell me one?)

heres mine, i have 19 and counting everyday

:ds:
Big Bang Mini w/ slipcover(S)
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days- (S) w/PO slipcover
Legacy of Ys: Book I&IIw/ OST and box (S)
Plants Vs Zombies w/ Slipcover
Radiant Historia- (S) w/ Soundtrack

:psp:
The 3rd Birthday: Twisted Edition (S)
Dissidia 012: Legacy Edition(S)
Final Fantasy IV: Complete Collection (S)
Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep UK LE
Legend of Heroes: Trails In The Sky
Lunar: Silver Star Harmony GS new
Lord Of Arcana: Slayer Edition
Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep UK
Persona 1 CE (S)
Ys: Oath of Felgana (S)
Ys: Seven Premium Edition (S)

360:
Catherine Deluxe Edition
Deathsmiles CE
Red Dead Redemption SE Slipcover

Pics? I guess I can handle that tonight. What do you want pics of sir?

And I know you have an insane amount of games. Any CE's in your stash?

[quote name='Vinny']

The one I really want is Mass Effect. I'm still kicking myself for selling my sealed copy soon after release, thinking the series would never pick up.:bomb: How's that for funny?[/QUOTE]

You made me look up the ebay prices on Mass Effect since when I bought it shortly after Mass Effect 2 hit it wasn't that bad..... yeah now it is.

[quote name='thecoryjihad']Pics? I guess I can handle that tonight. What do you want pics of sir?

And I know you have an insane amount of games. Any CE's in your stash?[/QUOTE]

I mainly wonder how people organize their LECESE.

I pretty much only put aside the big LECESE stuff aside, and things that fit on the shelf just stay with the other games.

I don't have a huge amount of LECESE though tbh. Maybe like 20-25 in total over all the systems, so I'm definitely not anywhere close to you and the others in this thread. :*(

I've got photos from another thread that I took to show how my CE's are organized. These photos don't include the Catherine Deluxe Edition or my lowball winnings that showed up today as I haven't integrated them yet. And I apologize for the basement photos. The shelves won't work with the upstairs decor and the basement is in the midst of a mancave remodel, so they must stay in the basement.
DSC_0002-1.jpg

That shows all of my oversized boxes and swag on top of the shelves with the smaller swag and the oversized boxes that fit on shelves(Fallout 3 and New Vegas) on the first shelf. The remainder are entered into the bulk of the collection along with the jewel cases for the oversized boxes for completion's sake. Here are closeups of the shelves so you can see what I mean.
DSC_0003-1.jpg

DSC_0004-1.jpg

DSC_0005-1.jpg

DSC_0006-1.jpg

DSC_0007-1.jpg

DSC_0008-1.jpg

DSC_0009-1.jpg

DSC_0010-1.jpg

DSC_0011-1.jpg

since ive been broken into twice in the last few years Ive had to replace quite a few. I have fallout, fallout NV, AC brotherhood, alan wake, dead space 2, two worlds 2, bioshock 2, dead rising 2, halo 3, halo wars, and halo reach.

At one point and time in the past I had the following but they were stolen and unable to be replaced. CoD MW 2, CoD black ops, mass effect, mass effect 2, fable 3.

there isnt many left that id really like to have other than replace what was stolen, argarest war zero would be nice but im waiting for price drops, magna carta 2 and tales of vesperia would be neat also.

as far as future games, I plan on getting gears 3, warhammer space marine, and maybe a few others by years end.

[quote name='thecoryjihad']I've got photos from another thread that I took to show how my CE's are organized. These photos don't include the Catherine Deluxe Edition or my lowball winnings that showed up today as I haven't integrated them yet. And I apologize for the basement photos. The shelves won't work with the upstairs decor and the basement is in the midst of a mancave remodel, so they must stay in the basement.
DSC_0002-1.jpg

That shows all of my oversized boxes and swag on top of the shelves with the smaller swag and the oversized boxes that fit on shelves(Fallout 3 and New Vegas) on the first shelf. The remainder are entered into the bulk of the collection along with the jewel cases for the oversized boxes for completion's sake. Here are closeups of the shelves so you can see what I mean.
DSC_0003-1.jpg

DSC_0004-1.jpg

DSC_0005-1.jpg

DSC_0006-1.jpg

DSC_0007-1.jpg

DSC_0008-1.jpg

DSC_0009-1.jpg

DSC_0010-1.jpg

DSC_0011-1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Nice LECESE set up :D

You definitely got way more big LE's than I do. :3

Only own 3. Catherine Deluxe, MvC3 SE and just recently Modern Warfare 2 Hardened Edition. Found it for $10 at a Pawn shop, and it's in "decent" condition for that much.

wow. everyone has so many LE/CE.

I have a small LE/CE collection :(

Gears of war 1 and 2 (gears 2 rc car)

Fallout 3 CE

Fallout new vegas CE

Perfect dark zero CE (got at gamestop for $2.99)

Marvel vs capcom 3 SE (pissed at capcom releasing another one)

bioshock 2 CE (love the posters)

I have Star Wars Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition and Alan Wake LCE. Passed on Perfect Dark CE at a garage sale for $5 a few weeks ago.

I would have Force Unleashed 2 CE, but I didn't know you had to pre-order early. So come a week to launch I was floored to find out I couldn't pre-order it. Kinda glad I missed it though, because I heard the flash drive that came with it was buggy and it was incredibly hard to get to the extra features on it.

If you want the Force Unleashed 2 CE just look around at some different stores. There are quite a few stores around here that have them sitting around for $40 - $60 dollars. Amazon also has them new for less than MSRP

[quote name='Obiwan456']
I would have Force Unleashed 2 CE, but I didn't know you had to pre-order early. So come a week to launch I was floored to find out I couldn't pre-order it. Kinda glad I missed it though, because I heard the flash drive that came with it was buggy and it was incredibly hard to get to the extra features on it.[/QUOTE]

It might be hard to find in stores but it's very easy to find online... Amazon had it on sale last year for $40, which is when I snagged it. Of course, I regretted that decision because they recently had it for $30.

I don't do much online. The only way I buy off Amazon is using Gift Cards. I know one store near me that has it used. But really, I have the regular version, I beat it once and rarely ever play it, and with all the games coming out this year, I would feel silly buying something I'm kinda interested in for Collection's sake when I could be saving for stuff I really want. But thanks for trying to help. It is appreciated.

You've been on here since November and you still don't use amazon? I think you need to spend more time on the site haha =P

Well, like I said I can only use Amazon gift cards, because I don't have a credit card or paypal I can use (I just turned 16). In fact, I don't even have a job yet (first interview on Sat.). So it shouldn't be a big surprise. Plus I've gotten along pretty well using Game Stop.

Who knows though. Once I have a stead flow of income, I might be able to set up a way of using Amazon. How exactly can you pay on there? All I've ever used is a gift card.

Ah, I didn't realize you were so young. You can use a debit card, so as long as you have a bank account, which I'm sure you'll be wanting if you get a job, you're golden.

If the extras weren't so meh in the Catherine LE I woulda likely grabbed that from Amazon for $80, but the way it is now it's looking like it's like every other 'limited edition' and not really that limited since Amazon still hasn't sold out of it.

Albeit every GS and other store that supposedly was going to carry the LE that I stopped at yesterday had either ZERO LE's left or only one and that was spoken for via pre-order already.

Maybe if I had a ton of shelves to display the extras from it on I might think differently about it, but where are you really gonna display a pillowcase w/ Catherine on it, a cardboard pizza box, a t shirt with big pink or red hearts that says empty on it and a pair of boxers that I believe also has either pink or red markings on them.:lol:

[quote name='thecoryjihad']I've got photos from another thread that I took to show how my CE's are organized. These photos don't include the Catherine Deluxe Edition or my lowball winnings that showed up today as I haven't integrated them yet. And I apologize for the basement photos. The shelves won't work with the upstairs decor and the basement is in the midst of a mancave remodel, so they must stay in the basement.
DSC_0002-1.jpg

DSC_0003-1.jpg

DSC_0004-1.jpg

DSC_0005-1.jpg

DSC_0006-1.jpg

DSC_0007-1.jpg

DSC_0008-1.jpg

DSC_0009-1.jpg

DSC_0010-1.jpg

DSC_0011-1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

MY GOD! can you adopt me? for like 1 day.. :lol:

Hah. I used to have roughly around 1300 DVDs about 3 or 4 years ago and I had a log book that my friends would come in and borrow movies from me and it's starting to get that way with my games too. The book was called Corybuster Video.

So you can come on over any time and borrow what you want, however if it isn't returned, I get to break your knees. Deal?

[quote name='thecoryjihad']Hah. I used to have roughly around 1300 DVDs about 3 or 4 years ago and I had a log book that my friends would come in and borrow movies from me and it's starting to get that way with my games too. The book was called Corybuster Video.

So you can come on over any time and borrow what you want, however if it isn't returned, I get to break your knees. Deal?[/QUOTE]

Your business seems to favor paraplegics. I'm not okay with this.

Mine is pretty damn simple, but a CE has to be WAAAAY cheap for me to be interested. Also I'm going to leave out all the rhythm game bundles I have from the list too (Rock Band, Donkey Konga, Beatmania, etc.).

iconps2_r2.gif

Ar Tonelico: Melody of Fate
Dragon Quest VII
Final Fantasy XII
Growlanser: Heritage of War
King of Fighters: Maximum Impact
Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis (with figure)
Marc Ecko's Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure
Magna Carta
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence (with MG: Saga vol. 1)
Persona 3
SMT: Devil Summoner 2
Tekken 5

PS1
Persona 2 (w/ soundtrack)

icongamecube.gif

Resident Evil 4
Robotech

iconxbox_r2.gif

Jade Empire

iconxbox360.gif

Alan Wake
BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger
Call of Duty: World at War
Dead Rising 2
Fallout 3
Fallout: New Vegas
Gears of War 2 (w/ remote controlled tank)
Soul Calibur 4
Splinter Cell: Conviction
Stranglehold
Street Fighter 4

As for favorite I'd probably say either GoW2 since the preorder bonus of the tank was a nice touch. That and it was all $70 MSRP on launch, which is always a plus over $80. The other being Alan Wake because everything in there was packed full of stuff and made sense like the Alan Wake files.

I Don't know why, but I hate Dead Rising 2 CE the most though. Mostly at the thought of them charging $80 for abunch of folded paper on the first day and even at $30 it felt kinda like a rip off.

My 2 favorites: (Both are imports too!)

picture.php

I had been searching for one of these forever. The faceplate is so awesome :D

I do have 2 copies of the Premium Edition steelbook as well. 1 Sealed and 1 opened. I will post pictures of those two later tonight after work. I love those as well. So I guess it is 3 that I have that are my favorites. ;)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Korean LE. Only 1000 made. I haven't seen one on ebay since it came out. My parents got this for me when they were in Korea visiting our family. I had to stay and work :razz:. This thing is beautiful though :D

[quote name='thecoryjihad']Hah. I used to have roughly around 1300 DVDs about 3 or 4 years ago and I had a log book that my friends would come in and borrow movies from me and it's starting to get that way with my games too. The book was called Corybuster Video.

So you can come on over any time and borrow what you want, however if it isn't returned, I get to break your knees. Deal?[/QUOTE]
:lol: I'm still waiting for my mint/complete copy of Metal Gear Solid back from my one buddy, who swears he 'knows where it's at'. Only reasons I'm not at all mad about it is I think it cost me $1.99 from a thrift store and I don't really like the Metal Gear series. I only wanted it back when I was still trying to amass a collection of games.

He also still has a $2 Civil War book I got from a thrift store and a bunch of novels I lent him years earlier. I know I'm never going to see them again and the only reason I don't care on these is that now they're dust collectors at his house as opposed to here.:lol:;)

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']

picture.php

[/QUOTE]

:drool: I'd love to get me one of those... a lot nicer than my Phantom of Avalanche SE.

What's that rolled up piece of paper near the top of the box? Poster?

[quote name='Vinny']:drool: I'd love to get me one of those... a lot nicer than my Phantom of Avalanche SE.

What's that rolled up piece of paper near the top of the box? Poster?[/QUOTE]

2 Posters Actually! And all this other stuff:

66444177.jpg

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']2 Posters Actually! And all this other stuff:

66444177.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Very nice. I wish more SEs were like that... instead of fat people shirts and DLC content.

[quote name='Vinny']Very nice. I wish more SEs were like that... instead of fat people shirts and DLC content.[/QUOTE]
:applause:I too wish they had more than just DLC crap in many of these SE/CE/LE version games coming out now.

A perfect example of what I felt was a pretty damn good SE was the GTA IV one. You got a real metal lockbox(with keys for it), a keychain, a dufflebag, a soundtrack sampler CD(but they never released a full fledged soundtrack set for it:whistle2:#) and the artbook for the game.

At least if I'm going to pay $20-30 over the MSRP of the standalone version of the game give me something tangible I can use or admire.

Looking at my shelf the CE/LE's I've got are...

ps2.gif

Ar Tonelico
Ar Tonelico II - Melody of Metafalica
Magna Carta
Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner 2 Limited Edition

psp.gif

Neon Genesis Evangelion -Decade- Memorial Box
Prinny - Can I Really Be The Hero?

ps3.gif

Aliens vs. Predator Hunter's Edition
Atelier Rorona The Alchemist of Arland Limited Edition
Assassin's Creed II - Master Assassin's Edition
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood - Collector's Edition
Batman Arkham Asylum Collector's Edition
BlazBlue Limited Edition
Bulletstorm Limited Edition
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Hardened Edition
Castlevania Lords of Shadow Limited Edition
Dead Rising 2 High Stakes Edition
Dead Space Ultra Limited Edition* (They didn't offer a PS3 version so I swapped out the game & replace the DVD with a Blu-Ray)
Dead Space 2 Collector's Edition
Demon's Souls Limited Edition
Gran Turismo 5 Collector's Edition
Hyperdimension Neptunia LE
Killzone 3 Helghast Edition
Little Big Planet 2 Collector's Edition
Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds Special Edition
Metal Gear Solid 4 Sons of the Patriots Limited Edition
Resident Evil 5 Collector's Edition
Resistance 2 Collector's Edition
Star Wars the Force Unleashed Sith Edition
Star Wars the Force Unleashed II Limited Edition
Street Fighter IV Collector's Edition

xbox360.gif

Alan Wake Limited Edition
Assassin's Creed Limited Edition
Bioshock Limited Edition x2 (one sealed, one open)
Call of Duty Black Ops Prestige Edition
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Prestige Edition
Call of Duty World at War Limited Edition
Deathsmiles Limited Edition
Dead Rising 2 Zombrex Edition
Fable II Collector's Edition
Fable III Collector's Edition
Fallout 3 Survival Edition
Gears of War Limited Edition
Grand Theft Auto IV Special Edition
Halo 3 Limited Edition
Halo Reach Legendary Edition
Halo Wars Limited Edition
Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds Special Edition
Mass Effect Limited Edition
Mass Effect 2 Limited Edition
Prey Limited Edition
Record of the Agarest Really Naughty Limited Edition
Saints Row 2 Collectors Edition
Splinter Cell Conviction Limited Edition

I might have a couple more floating around. I really need to sit down and update my spreadsheet.

I'm just thankful I made the decision to only collect :xbox: and :360: games, otherwise the scope of my SE collecting would get WAY more out of hand than it is.

I imagine I'll branch out eventually, but as for now, I'm Microsoft's bitch.

[quote name='thecoryjihad']I'm just thankful I made the decision to only collect :xbox: and :360: games, otherwise the scope of my SE collecting would get WAY more out of hand than it is.

I imagine I'll branch out eventually, but as for now, I'm Microsoft's bitch.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but buying every single SE for one console is just as bad as buying half the SEs for two consoles.:p

Trust me, I know. www.collectorsedition.org has been the bane of my existence since I found it. Every game I'm missing is up there.

The one thing that's absent and most likely will stay absent from my collection are sports games though. I have ZERO interest in them.

I've got a couple coming in then I'll post all of mine. Still on the fence as to whether or not I want to get killzone 3 for $50

I updated my CE count and removed all non-CEs that were counted before (due to having the word "edition" in their title) and including the few I picked up (Bully PS2 Special Edition being the sole highlight), the official count is 123. A lot more than I thought.

[quote name='dodgeme']I've got a couple coming in then I'll post all of mine. Still on the fence as to whether or not I want to get killzone 3 for $50[/QUOTE]

[quote name='NaturalHatTrick']Ordered KZ3 HE for $30 at GS today. :)[/QUOTE]

Damn, I paid $80 for mine and regret it... not because it's a bad CE, but because I could have paid so much less.

I'm pretty much done with CEs now. I'm now re-thinking the Uncharted 3 CE. As much as I love the series, these giant CEs take up too much space.

What do you all think on the Skyrim CE? Every single other $150 CE has taken a huge dive within a couple of months of release. Think this one will be the same?

[quote name='Zaku77']What do you all think on the Skyrim CE? Every single other $150 CE has taken a huge dive within a couple of months of release. Think this one will be the same?[/QUOTE]

Even if it does become rare, I doubt it'll be limited enough that enough people will buy it at $150.

[quote name='Zaku77']What do you all think on the Skyrim CE? Every single other $150 CE has taken a huge dive within a couple of months of release. Think this one will be the same?[/QUOTE]

Those CE seemed to be more worthwhile for $150. Skyrim's CE is a slap in the face.

I dunno, the statue is awesome, and that's a damn nice artbook. I think it's more worth it than the ones for Reach and Killzone.

bread's done
Back