CAGcast #248: The Chart Doesn't Care

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#31 hereon

hereon

Here-On Earth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 07:20 AM

I love the show, and will miss the CAGcast for the next few weeks. I guess I'll have to play video games or something to pass time. :D

#32 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 09:08 AM

Hmm hopefully Wombat can sort it his internet soon, its getting a tad irritating him dropping in/out of the show.. Apart from that great stuff!

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

PSN the-nexus6 | Xbox Live Ken the Wizard
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#33 dante_calypso

dante_calypso

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 09:20 AM

Here's a suggestion for the show: All three of you should just get high and record a show...just think of all the traffic you will bring to the site... and all the money that will go into cheapys pocket so he can buy more crap from Apple.
Posted Image

#34 200STM

200STM

Posted 29 July 2011 - 09:36 AM

I ate a Burger while I was listening to the CAGcast and it was very very very very very very very good.

#35 banodyne

banodyne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 12:59 PM

The Wii is still the best selling console this generation, both in North America and worldwide. The PS3 and 360 are fighting for second place, not first place.

Best-selling but it was a fad. So many Wiis are collecting dust and haven't been turned on in a long time. Software sales have jumped off a cliff. PS3 and Xbox 360, introduced at the same time, continue to sell games and systems.

#36 Dr Mario Kart

Dr Mario Kart

SD/2D Defense Force

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:30 PM

Nintendo did this to themselves. They cut a wildly successful and profitable generation short. Nobody has ever done that, and they did it twice. They shifted development resources away as well.

US PS2 Hardware Sales:

2002: 8420000
2003: 6320000
2004: 4630000

On its face, this can be made to look very scary. Despite declining every year since (except 1), even with price drops and whathaveyou, everything worked out fine for the PS2. Nintendo got some combination of paranoid and stupid.

#37 CozmoKhan

CozmoKhan

Go Blackhawks!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:49 PM

All the haters should leave Wombat alone. While the show could go on without him (as it happened several times over the last two shows) it just wouldn't be the same. The trio of opinions and anecdotes is what makes this podcast so damn enjoyable.

Plus, who truly cares if Sony and PSN isn't mentioned each and every show? So what if the predominant platform is the Xbox? If those are the games that are being played, then they will talk about the games. We don't need to hear constant news about each and every platform and a story about each game released. Ship, Cheapy and Wombat take the time to give us good insight as to which games we should be spending our time and money on. They have limited time to play what they can, and they play what they want, unless Shipwreck has to write a review.

Keep up the great work as always. You'll be missed for the next couple of weeks.

#38 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 04:24 PM

This show would not be the same without Wombat. Cheapy D is a awesome person but if Wombat wasn't on I don't think I'd listen to the show anymore.

#39 dubbfoolio

dubbfoolio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 04:33 PM

I have a new theory I've been working on: I think CheapyD and Wombat are long time lovers. This secret causes a lot of frustration that occasionally spills out on the cagcast. If you listen to the early episodes carefully Cheapy's voice usually sounds slightly muffled which confirms that they typically recorded with Wombat in Cheapy's lap. Don't believe me? Look what was recently registered on godaddy.com: www.brokebackgamer.com

Cheapy pretends to live in Japan so that he may come and go without suspicion. Seal team 6 regularly sneaks him into Japan via nuclear submarine to sabotage Sony and all their endeavors for the US government. Obamacare needed to destroy medical research conducted by PS3 folding. Geohot was just the fall guy... ever hear of Geobald? Of course you haven't. Recent recording quality problems are caused by all the surveillance equipment Japan has secretly installed around Cheapy's secret mansion in their recent attempt to thwart him.

Big red was brought in about a year or so ago to spice things up on the podcast (and in bed where they record naked). Unfortunately, CheapyD and Wombat couldn't help falling for him and his super sexy spiderman lingerie. This only caused more problems for the show (see chart in op).

...and that's why Cheapy and Wombat hate each other almost as much as they hate playstation.

Edited by dubbfoolio, 29 July 2011 - 06:22 PM.

#40 McBeesj

McBeesj

Posted 29 July 2011 - 04:55 PM

CAGCAST is best with all members, keep up the good work, wombat is hilarious and I would have never gone to the site if the podcast was not funny and engaging.

#41 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2011 - 12:32 AM

Please do not even consider removing Wombat. (Though I doubt you are actually considering it) Wombat has remained consistent for so long. I say this because even when Cheapy and Shipwreck seem to be dry, Wombat is always there for a joke. Wombat is the best character in the show, not that I dislike ether of you, in fact I think everyone is great. Great show as always guys!

#42 Kyrox

Kyrox

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2011 - 03:21 AM

Not having Wombat on would suck more than not having Artie Lange on Howard.

#43 skubish

skubish

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2011 - 01:39 PM

Great show

Don't worry worry about the drop in subscribers, it's probably because it's summer.

#44 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2011 - 04:02 PM

If anyone has been listening to the CAGCAST for a long time they'd know that Wombat has contributed a lot to the show, and to CAG overall. I remember wombat going out on several gaming events, and coming back and reporting on the show. He's come up with Great segments to keep the show from going stale. I've been listening to other podcasts and some have had conversations about their hosts contributions to the site, and people tend to bring those type of topics / issues to the CAGCAST.

I also, think that instead of breaking the show up into. Sony, xbox, and nintendo, just talk about the games. When you guys get to Sony, or nintnedo, and you announce that you have nothing to talk about, it makes listeners feel like they were missing something; whereas if you just skipped it, and talked about the games, I doubt anyone would miss the segment.
Posted Image

#45 skychotic

skychotic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2011 - 06:46 PM

The videogame podcast genre is becoming increasingly crowded so that could be part of the reason. That and it seems like a lot of gamers lack a sense of humor. The reason why the cagcast is the only podcast I listen to is for the funny stories and banter between cheapy, wombat and shipwreck. I think it's just the right balance of game discussion and shenanigans.

#46 bigsick

bigsick

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2011 - 08:06 PM

If wombat leaves/gets let go that will be worse than the cheech & chong breakup. Wombat is essential and actually my favorite on the podcast. Without him I doubt i'd listen as often. He brings the comedy. All 3 are needed for the show. Without Wombat though, the show would be more dry then a lot of British comedies.
Posted Image

#47 sublime90

sublime90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2011 - 11:12 PM

the chart doesnt care about face cancer
Posted Image
I was half cut, im not slippin man i slipped! - Max Payne

#48 Microshock

Microshock

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 04:28 AM

Thanks for the shout-out, glad to know I'm Shipwrecks favorite :D
Wombat and CheapyD are the show. That's what it was, you can't remove one of the main ingredients out of a recipe, it just doesn't taste right anymore. Shipwreck is a decent addition but he's like an extra ingredient to spice up the recipe, you can still remove him but it'll be just fine. No offense to Shippy there.

Just a tip here, don't rush yourselves through your personal stories so much, thats my favorite part of the show easily. It just seems like sometimes you're quick to go through them.
Transformers: Dark of the Moon - July 1, 2011 (was AWESOME)
STEAM- Microshocky Origin/Battlelog Microshock

#49 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 07:44 AM

Good episode guys.

Cheapy you sure that you farting hardcore didn't blow your door shut so strong? :)

I think Shipwreck's excuse is pretty lame as to why you guys don't talk about PS3. I'm still waiting on the reason why the CAGCast needed to do an official save the PS3 episode several months back, when I can look at the Xbox 360 and there really hasn't been jack shit to come out the entire year. CAGcast listeners should already know that they laugh off legitimate criticisms/suggestions for the show and should stop mentioning the "Cheapy and company don't like Sony" line. Take the show for what it is and just enjoy it.

The locked save thing on Pacman/Galaga is purely to stop used game sales. What other reason could there be? It's simply to screw the consumer.

I think the 3DS is going to make a big comeback during the holiday season. Nintendo needs some new good games on it with the new price point and it'll do fine. Right now there is nothing to play on it besides a game that came out more than 13 years ago. The price point and crappy game lineup killed it but Nintendo will rebound. They really need the 3DS to come on strong because the Wii is pretty much dead and the Wii U won't come out for another year.

The CAGcast wouldn't be the same without Wombat, and the show would suck major balls without him. Wombat get your net back together! Maybe someone is leeching off your internet?

#50 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 03:26 PM

I don't see any reason why you couldn't take the chance to talk a little bit about games like Limbo when a new audience gets the chance to try it out for the first time. You'd only need maybe 10-30 seconds at most and lately you've been spending more time talking about technical issues.

I like how Cheapy continues to make stuff up about Catherine minutes after Shipwreck tells him what it's about.

How much did Cheapy get paid for the Robot Chicken ad? That was a more blatant advertisement than the Go Daddy ads.

You can just pay $19.99 for RE4 on Xbox Live since it's on Games on Demand, Wombat. They need to expand that feature to all content on Xbox Live, though I'd accept XBLA/XBLIG support with the fall update for now.

Decent show.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

#51 Hoarr

Hoarr

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 05:25 PM

How much did Cheapy get paid for the Robot Chicken ad? That was a more blatant advertisement than the Go Daddy ads.

Umm...because that's what it was.

Like he mentioned last week, Robot Chicken is running ads on the site.

I have no signature. :(

#52 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 05:46 PM

Umm...because that's what it was.

Like he mentioned last week, Robot Chicken is running ads on the site.

I don't see any ads on the site, so I didn't know there was any official sponsorship.

#53 Kyrox

Kyrox

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 06:04 PM

The ads where all over the place last week.

#54 H4Y4TO

H4Y4TO

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 06:09 PM

Good Show!
Posted Image

Posted Image

#55 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 06:13 PM

The ads where all over the place last week.

Again, I don't see ads on CAG, so that doesn't tell me that they're sponsored by Adult Swim. I just re-listened to the segment and Cheapy doesn't mention at all that they're sponsored by Adult Swim/Robot Chicken, but just that he's giving them a shout out like he does for a lot of non-sponsored companies and other podcasts.

#56 Microshock

Microshock

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 06:32 PM

Oh and Cheapy, people go to theaters because they want the huge screen and loud sound of the theater. Plus, if everyone stops going, all we're going to have is artsy fartsy indie movies and that would absolutely BLOW.
Transformers: Dark of the Moon - July 1, 2011 (was AWESOME)
STEAM- Microshocky Origin/Battlelog Microshock

#57 Hoarr

Hoarr

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 08:29 PM

Again, I don't see ads on CAG, so that doesn't tell me that they're sponsored by Adult Swim. I just re-listened to the segment and Cheapy doesn't mention at all that they're sponsored by Adult Swim/Robot Chicken, but just that he's giving them a shout out like he does for a lot of non-sponsored companies and other podcasts.

You seem like a fun human being. We should hang out.

I have no signature. :(

#58 Archaic

Archaic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2011 - 03:05 AM

You seem like a fun human being. We should hang out.

He's been posting from the beginning. His pattern lately has usually been some sort of acerbic remark and then the phrase: "Decent show."

#59 mrx001

mrx001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2011 - 06:11 AM

I think there should be a dislike/hate poll.Vote for the person you most dislike/hate from the CAGcast crew.I personally don't care for Shipwreck.His asshole act toward Wombat is annoying ,his taste in games and opinions vary greatly from mine. So,I find myself tuning him out when listening to the show.

#60 kingkiller33

kingkiller33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2011 - 03:35 PM

All the haters should leave Wombat alone. While the show could go on without him (as it happened several times over the last two shows) it just wouldn't be the same. The trio of opinions and anecdotes is what makes this podcast so damn enjoyable.

Plus, who truly cares if Sony and PSN isn't mentioned each and every show? So what if the predominant platform is the Xbox? If those are the games that are being played, then they will talk about the games. We don't need to hear constant news about each and every platform and a story about each game released. Ship, Cheapy and Wombat take the time to give us good insight as to which games we should be spending our time and money on. They have limited time to play what they can, and they play what they want, unless Shipwreck has to write a review.

Keep up the great work as always. You'll be missed for the next couple of weeks.

Well then they need just get real, and admit that it is a Xbox podcast. PS3 owners and fans are left out in the dark. The fact is the PS3 had some pretty big exclusives this year that were totally ignored by the podcast. Infamous 2 was a AAA title that was completely ignored and then constantly mocked through out the podcast by Wombat. Came off arrogant and unfunny to me. Even the news that the PS3 is outselling Xbox was dismissed.

If they want to lose listeners by alienating PS3 owners, go right ahead.