Battlefield: Bad Company Vietnam DLC (PC) for free (must own BFBC2 vanilla)

fohstick

CAGiversary!
i have tested it on my BFBC2 cd-key from steam and it works. it should also work for the retail version

1. download origin (http://store.origin.com/)
2. login
3. copy your BFBC2 cd-key from steam or any other source
4. redeem your cd-key in origin
5. select BFBC2: Deluxe Edition

you'll get BFBC2 vanilla + vietnam for free on Origin

[quote name='fohstick']i have tested it on my BFBC2 cd-key from steam and it works. it should also work for the retail version

1. download origin (http://store.origin.com/)
2. login
3. copy your BFBC2 cd-key from steam or any other source
4. redeem your cd-key in origin
5. select BFBC2: Deluxe Edition

you'll get BFBC2 vanilla + vietnam for free on Origin[/QUOTE]

Woah thanks OP! So just so that im not mistaken, once you do this you can use the vietnam dlc with your steam copy of the game?

edit: aw man. i guess i didnt read carefully enough you cant use the dlc with your steam copy :(.

[quote name='justasplanned']I'm pretty sure you won't be able to use your steam BFBC2 after doing this[/QUOTE]

you can still use it. but the vietnam dlc will only work on your origin copy.

I redeemed the deluxe edition but Origin refuses to start BFBC2. I might have to uninstall the game and install via Origin unless someone knows how to get it to work....(I have a physical copy, non-steam)

If this is what I think it is, there's an error on origin that makes people think they're getting Vietnam, but whenever they try to play it it doesn't work, because you need an actual Vietnam download or cd key to play it. Someone posts this at least a couple of times a month. Could be wrong, though.

This is OP first post? Well it will be mine as well.
icon_lol.gif

[quote name='AsherFischell']If this is what I think it is, there's an error on origin that makes people think they're getting Vietnam, but whenever they try to play it it doesn't work, because you need an actual Vietnam download or cd key to play it. Someone posts this at least a couple of times a month. Could be wrong, though.[/QUOTE]

You're right.

This isn't really new, the Steam Bad Company 2 serial will register on Origin as Deluxe Edition (with Vietnam) and will also download Vietnam, but in order to play Vietnam you will need the code.

try using my CD Key from Origin and it did not work at all.

Edit: I used another CD key from a retail copy and it worked! Can anyone confirm they can actually play Vietnam? I have not download it, since its a big file. it will take forever for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
As a few others have said, this is probably the same thing that always gets posted. You still need to register the Vietnam serial in game to access it. Of course, I would be happy to be wrong here.

Doesn't work as you think, you still need a Vietnam serial key which it picked up for $5. Your just installing the deluxe edition with access to the Vietnam dlc you can't actually play...

Origin has the DLC Vietnam add-on for $5 today (7-29) thru Monday. I don't know if it will work with the d2d version i already have tho. We'll see. Will post back later.

This is the deals section and not free section. A deal is if it costs like 1.00 but free is well, free. I didnt think knowing the difference was so hard.

Ugh if you originally bought it on origins or ea downloader in the past, the key will only be shown as used. So basically it only works for any key obtained outside of origins.

[quote name='gargus']This is the deals section and not free section. A deal is if it costs like 1.00 but free is well, free. I didnt think knowing the difference was so hard.[/QUOTE]

disregard this post gargus is just a douchebag , thanks for the heads up OP

This did not work for me either. It shows me as having the Digi-Deluxe version, but in game, it asks for a separate code for Vietnam.

this does work, i was just testing keys in origin a few days ago and it was surprised by it

also might have helped me get in battlefield 3 alpha too, but i'm not sure

i'm certainly not veteran cuz i only played BC2 on pc once!!!!!!!!! haha

[quote name='cscream1']this does work, i was just testing keys in origin a few days ago and it was surprised by it

also might have helped me get in battlefield 3 alpha too, but i'm not sure

i'm certainly not veteran cuz i only played BC2 on pc once!!!!!!!!! haha[/QUOTE]

How does it work?? When I try to access Vietnam from within game, it still prompts me for a key, event though Origin says I have the Digital Deluxe version installed.

[quote name='jlg6184']How does it work?? When I try to access Vietnam from within game, it still prompts me for a key, event though Origin says I have the Digital Deluxe version installed.[/QUOTE]
Did you uninstall/reinstall?

[quote name='jlg6184']How does it work?? When I try to access Vietnam from within game, it still prompts me for a key, event though Origin says I have the Digital Deluxe version installed.[/QUOTE]

Same with me. Although Origin shows the Deluxe version it will ask me for a key when I try to play Vietnam.

[quote name='Walfisch']Did you uninstall/reinstall?[/QUOTE]

No, but I guess I can. I will have to redownload everything though. I remember asking EA about it once, because someone else told me that I should be able to access it. When you open the game, there is a little BC2 Vietnam link on the side, but it prompts you for a key in order to play it

[quote name='mythus']Ugh if you originally bought it on origins or ea downloader in the past, the key will only be shown as used. So basically it only works for any key obtained outside of origins.[/QUOTE]

That sucks. I bought it on EA Downloader. I logged into EA Downloader today and it prompted me to update then it showed my BC2 game linked to Origin along with the activation key. I tried entering that into origin again and it said it was already used. I guess I can't get Vietnam then for free.

EDIT: Oh I see this only works if you bought Vietnam before. Therefore you do not get Vietnam for free, title is misleading

This thread should probably be closed since it doesn't actually give you Vietnam for free and it is just causing confusion now.

Yeah this does NOT work . It asks for a key to access Vietnam . Spent $5 thru origin for the key. Oh well. Still cheap.

i just did it and right now im downloading 8gb bfbc2 digital deluxe hopefully it comes wit vietnam :D

nevermind it still asks for the vietnam cd key :(

Dear lord, people are so silly. Why did it take till page 2 for one of the original people who said it worked (when they really hadn't even checked to see if they could play Vietnam) to finally confirm that it does not in fact work?

So silly. :bouncy:

bread's done
Back