EA/Origin Store Sale 29th-31st -40% off select games, 4.99 PCDD games, free NFS:S

coleipoo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Heads up of incoming sales (insider info, unfortunately don't know all the details, plus it's Origin, bleh).

Get ready for a huge summer game sale from Origin Powered by EA. For three days only select PCDD games will be available for only $4.99. That's not all though, Origin Powered by EA is also offering 40% off select console games plus free Need for Speed Shift FOr PC digital download. Trust us; this is one sale you don’t want to miss!

Link to store (thanks to Spafon):

Console Games
http://store.origin.com/store/ea/html/pbpage.hotdeals

PCDD:
http://store.origin.com/store/ea/html/pbpage.summersale

Select PCDD Games for $4.99

Titles include:
MySims™
Battlefield Bad Company™ 2
Spore™
Plus many more titles!

Save 40% on Select Console Games +
Free Need for Speed Shift

Titles include (thanks to ClevelandBrowns):
Battlefield Bad company 2: Ultimate Edition
Dragon Age 2
Dead Space 2
Shift 2 Unleashed
Mass Effect 2
Sims 3
Portal 2
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit
Fifa 11
Dragon Age Ultimate Edition
Medal of Honor
Fight Night champion
Rango
NHL 11
Bulletstorm
Tiger Woods 12
Skate 3
Army of Two 40th day
Dante's Inferno
Monopoly Streets
NHL Slapshot

All sales receive a free copy of Need for Speed: Shift digital download.
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:
Awww, yeah. Been waiting for a good EA sale to come around again. Any more details on titles available?

[quote name='coleipoo']Heads up of incoming sales (insider info, unfortunately don't know all the details, plus it's Origin, bleh).

Get ready for a huge summer game sale from Origin Powered by EA. For three days only select PCDD games will be available for only $4.99. That's not all though, Origin Powered by EA is also offering 40% off select console games plus free Need for Speed Shift. Trust us; this is one sale you don’t want to miss!

Select PCDD Games for $4.99

Titles include:
MySims™
Battlefield Bad Company™ 2
Spore™
Plus many more titles!

Save 40% on Select Console Games +
Free Need for Speed Shift

Titles include:
The Sims™ 3
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® 12: The Masters®
NBA Jam
Plus many more titles![FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
[/QUOTE]

I'd buy Bad Company 2 for pc if it's $5. I'd also love a deal on Crysis 2 or NBA Jam....Here's to hoping

Anyone know if these will be like the Facebook Insider sales and only last an hour or so each or if they will be available all day? I almost always miss the hourly deals.

This better be good and include console games. Their last sale around July 4th was a shocker for console games. It was great for my Ipad though. Picked up a bunch of EA titles for 99c each.

[quote name='fortunado']Anyone know if these will be like the Facebook Insider sales and only last an hour or so each or if they will be available all day? I almost always miss the hourly deals.[/QUOTE]

It isnt a flash deal because the op says the sale is for 3 days.

Hi guys, i'll update the OP as I find more info, but the deals last all weekend and includes Digital PC downloads and console games. I'm fishing for more info but finding it hard to find.

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']Is the free NFS for consoles or PC? If it is for consoles I would be in for sure.[/QUOTE]

Its a digital download.

List of games (From link):
Battlefield Bad company 2: Ultimate Edition (PS3/360)
Dragon Age 2 (PS3/36)
Dead Space 2 (PS3/360)
Shift 2 Unleashed (PS3/360)
Mass Effect 2 (PS3/360)
Sims 3 (PS3/360)
Portal 2 (PS3/360)
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit PS3/360/Wii)
Fifa 11 (PS3/360/Wii/PSP)
Dragon Age Ultimate Edition (PS3/360)
Medal of Honor (Ps3/360)
Fight Night champion (Ps3/360)
NBA Jam (Ps3/360/Wii)
Rango (Ps3/360)
NHL 11 (PS3/360)
Bulletstorm (PS3/360)
Tiger Woods 12 (PS3/360/Wii)
Skate 3 (Ps3/360)
Army of Two 40th Day (Ps3/360)
Dante's Inferno (PS3/360)
Monopoly Streets (360)
NHL Slapshot (Wii)

[quote name='strait edge follower']No bulletstorm of course, A good deal on that game continues to alude me. And no crysis 2 either ? Wtf ea[/QUOTE]
Bulletstorm is on there. No Crysis 2 and NFS digital download means no go for me.

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']Bulletstorm is on there. No Crysis 2 and NFS digital download means no go for me.[/QUOTE]

I read it to quickly lol. Agree about the dd, makes it a no go for me either. Although to be fair, there probibly isnt enough copy's of shift part 1 to go around. Illustrator just wait for a ea flash deal for crysis 2 and bulletstorm i guess

[quote name='strait edge follower']No bulletstorm of course, A good deal on that game continues to alude me. And no crysis 2 either ? Wtf ea[/QUOTE]

? Bulletstorm is there, it just isn't going to be the greatest price.
Edit: Posted just a little too late lol.

[quote name='NeoGutsman']I see the banner mentioning $4.99 games but none of the games listed are that price. Am I just too early or is their site just not working?[/QUOTE]
Prices will adjust on the 29th I believe.

Oh, gotcha. Thanks!

Anyone have tips on other EA racing games I should check out? I tend to go for more arcade style racing, but sims are okay as long as there's a gentle difficulty curve. I am currently playing the following racing games:

• Dirt 2 (I find this game really hard, but I'm grinding so I can earn better handling cars)
  • Burnout Paradise (gorgeous and fun, but I really dislike the open-world nature of the game. I loved Burnout Legends on my PSP since the tracks were closed and the gameplay fun overall. Honestly, I have a terrible sense of direction in real life and in games.)

Some of my old-school favorite racing games were Formula 1 and Ridge Racer 4 on the PSOne, Test Drive Le Mans 24 Hours on the Dreamcast, and truthfully nearly anything ChoroQ-based (Road Trip on the GameCube was heartbreakingly buggy).

Thanks in advance!

Umm BS is up in the above poster... So not sure if you skipped over it or te above poster is wrong

Looking forward to getting Dragon Age Origins Ultimate and II for PS3. I tried to check out to see of the prices were live, but no-go.

I'd like to pick up Dragon Age 2, but what are the odds that they'll eventually release an Ultimate Edition of DA2 with all the DLC?

Also, fair warning for people getting Dragon Age: Origins on console -- it's a tradeoff either way. PS3 = better graphics, but often choppy framerate. 360 = noticeably worse graphics and textures, but mostly smooth framerate.

DA 2 appears to have fared better (i.e. pretty good) for both consoles in terms of graphics and performance.

Never played any Command and Conquer games - any recommendations on which to start with (if they are indeed all $5 each to download)?

Thanks

[quote name='Cysquatch']Do people still play Battlefield 2142?[/QUOTE]

I hope so. Probably my favorite Battlefield.

[quote name='NeoGutsman']Oh, gotcha. Thanks!

Anyone have tips on other EA racing games I should check out? I tend to go for more arcade style racing, but sims are okay as long as there's a gentle difficulty curve. I am currently playing the following racing games:

• Dirt 2 (I find this game really hard, but I'm grinding so I can earn better handling cars)
  • Burnout Paradise (gorgeous and fun, but I really dislike the open-world nature of the game. I loved Burnout Legends on my PSP since the tracks were closed and the gameplay fun overall. Honestly, I have a terrible sense of direction in real life and in games.)

Some of my old-school favorite racing games were Formula 1 and Ridge Racer 4 on the PSOne, Test Drive Le Mans 24 Hours on the Dreamcast, and truthfully nearly anything ChoroQ-based (Road Trip on the GameCube was heartbreakingly buggy).

Thanks in advance![/QUOTE]

Need For Speed Hot Pursuit is made by the same guys as Burnout Paradise. It is probably the only Need For Speed game I have really enjoyed.

You also might like Shift as it is an arcade racer that got confused and tried to be a sim. Personally I love sims so I couldn't stand the arcady front tires are glue and back are on ice handling while racing around real tracks.

I hit an EA sale like this up a month ago maybe? Anyway the site did a very bad job of letting me know what was going on with my order as there was no info in my account of having ordered something but eventually I got an email with a key for Shift to put into Origin. I didn't care at all about getting another version of Shift so I never remeeded it but I assume that is more straight forward.

When I click on the link I don't see anything 40% off when I was checking out? is $39.99 for Dragon Age 2 really the price? Because that is not 40% of $59.99

Last edited by a moderator:
This is tempting but i still have a huge backlog Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect 1&2 to name a few. Plus i have that 40% off coupon from gohastings still waiting for me this weekend. Damn the deals...

Shame their selection of PCDD games suck.

I will be buying NFS:HP, Skate 3 and Dante's Inferno for the PS3 though. Finally found an excuse to buy them.

bread's done
Back