Photo
- - - - -

EA/Origin Store Sale 29th-31st -40% off select games, 4.99 PCDD games, free NFS:S

• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

#31 earvcunanan

earvcunanan

I'm cool.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:08 PM

Looking forward to getting Dragon Age Origins Ultimate and II for PS3. I tried to check out to see of the prices were live, but no-go.

#32 JanusZeal2

JanusZeal2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:12 PM

I'd like to pick up Dragon Age 2, but what are the odds that they'll eventually release an Ultimate Edition of DA2 with all the DLC?

Also, fair warning for people getting Dragon Age: Origins on console -- it's a tradeoff either way. PS3 = better graphics, but often choppy framerate. 360 = noticeably worse graphics and textures, but mostly smooth framerate.

DA 2 appears to have fared better (i.e. pretty good) for both consoles in terms of graphics and performance.

#33 jkimrey

jkimrey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:13 PM

Never played any Command and Conquer games - any recommendations on which to start with (if they are indeed all $5 each to download)?

Thanks

#34 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:23 PM

Do people still play Battlefield 2142?

I hope so. Probably my favorite Battlefield.

#35 Decker

Decker

Xbox Live Cannon Fodder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:31 PM

Spore shall be mine at last. Thanks for the head's up.

decker%2001.jpg

#36 Saablic

Saablic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:34 PM

Oh, gotcha. Thanks!

Anyone have tips on other EA racing games I should check out? I tend to go for more arcade style racing, but sims are okay as long as there's a gentle difficulty curve. I am currently playing the following racing games:

• Dirt 2 (I find this game really hard, but I'm grinding so I can earn better handling cars)
  • Burnout Paradise (gorgeous and fun, but I really dislike the open-world nature of the game. I loved Burnout Legends on my PSP since the tracks were closed and the gameplay fun overall. Honestly, I have a terrible sense of direction in real life and in games.)

Some of my old-school favorite racing games were Formula 1 and Ridge Racer 4 on the PSOne, Test Drive Le Mans 24 Hours on the Dreamcast, and truthfully nearly anything ChoroQ-based (Road Trip on the GameCube was heartbreakingly buggy).

Thanks in advance!

Need For Speed Hot Pursuit is made by the same guys as Burnout Paradise. It is probably the only Need For Speed game I have really enjoyed.

You also might like Shift as it is an arcade racer that got confused and tried to be a sim. Personally I love sims so I couldn't stand the arcady front tires are glue and back are on ice handling while racing around real tracks.

I hit an EA sale like this up a month ago maybe? Anyway the site did a very bad job of letting me know what was going on with my order as there was no info in my account of having ordered something but eventually I got an email with a key for Shift to put into Origin. I didn't care at all about getting another version of Shift so I never remeeded it but I assume that is more straight forward.

#37 JaNaaasty

JaNaaasty

Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:41 PM

When I click on the link I don't see anything 40% off when I was checking out? is $39.99 for Dragon Age 2 really the price? Because that is not 40% of $59.99

Edited by JaNaaasty, 28 July 2011 - 11:43 PM.
Wait nevermind starts tonight haha. =P

#38 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:58 PM

The sale prices will probably update tomorrow (29th) as mentioned a few posts above. I'm just as excited as you :)

#39 jaygood17

jaygood17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:59 PM

Dragon Age ultimate here I come :applause:

If shipping dont kill it.

#40 sgr76

sgr76

Talk it < Living it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 12:24 AM

This is tempting but i still have a huge backlog Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect 1&2 to name a few. Plus i have that 40% off coupon from gohastings still waiting for me this weekend. Damn the deals...
Posted Image

#41 cycophuk

cycophuk

Left to my own devices

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 12:25 AM

Shame their selection of PCDD games suck.

I will be buying NFS:HP, Skate 3 and Dante's Inferno for the PS3 though. Finally found an excuse to buy them.

#42 mgorsi

mgorsi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 12:41 AM

Is NFS shift eligible for MAC download?

#43 pieczonka

pieczonka

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 12:42 AM

is mirriors edge any good

#44 slcgamer

slcgamer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 12:46 AM

when does the sale start? midnight tonight?

#45 mxpowar

mxpowar

Menace II Sobriety

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:07 AM

is mirriors edge any good

Yes.
[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/mxpowar"][/URL]

#46 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:08 AM

may bite on Hot Pursuit...missed that 60% deal (didnt realize it only lasted an hour) so this might come close to my price point.

#47 slcgamer

slcgamer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:28 AM

so todays $35 promo price will be $21 tomorrow?

#48 karyadi

karyadi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:39 AM

How much is shipping and do they charge tax?

#49 yesokyesok

yesokyesok

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:59 AM

How much is shipping and do they charge tax?

Free Ship with 39 or More Order

*Info taken from the banner on the site.

Edit: 6.99 Standard Otherwise (Plus, the delivery guy comes to your door wearing a banana hammock. At least that's what showed up at my door last time.)

Edited by yesokyesok, 29 July 2011 - 02:21 AM.

:360: Is all I need.

#50 karyadi

karyadi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 03:19 AM

Free Ship with 39 or More Order

*Info taken from the banner on the site.

Edit: 6.99 Standard Otherwise (Plus, the delivery guy comes to your door wearing a banana hammock. At least that's what showed up at my door last time.)

My best friend and I think that's awesome. In fact she used the words "Bad-ass." What about the tax? I need to see what else I might want or if I want free shipping at all. Hm..

#51 yesokyesok

yesokyesok

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 03:28 AM

My best friend and I think that's awesome. In fact she used the words "Bad-ass." What about the tax? I need to see what else I might want or if I want free shipping at all. Hm..

Origin FAQ

#52 karyadi

karyadi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 03:37 AM

Not sure if I should bite then. The shipping sorta ruins it since I fall short by a bit.

#53 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 03:53 AM

Im going to do the gohastings 40% off deal instead of this. The shipping kills it and shift isnt the console version. Not to mention even with the 40% off ea deal bulletstorm still is a couple of bucks higher than my price point.
Currently playing
:ps4: murdered soul suspect, the transistor, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: wonderfull 101

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, knack : :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#54 karyadi

karyadi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 04:35 AM

Will this be a code or will all the prices on that site drop? I'm about to turn in. I was waiting just for this deal to start to make sure I get my copy. Portal 2 + Dragon Age Ultimate hits free shipping btw guys if it's 40% off.

#55 yesokyesok

yesokyesok

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 04:41 AM

Will this be a code or will all the prices on that site drop? I'm about to turn in. I was waiting just for this deal to start to make sure I get my copy. Portal 2 + Dragon Age Ultimate hits free shipping btw guys if it's 40% off.

No CODE. No PANTS. No PROBLEMS.

#56 wolverine81

wolverine81

Mmm Mmm Bitch!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:08 AM

The deal is live if anyone is interested.

#57 ClevelandBrowns

ClevelandBrowns

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:12 AM

Wow, shipping is $7. I will definitely pass. I don't feel like spending over $40 on EA games just to get free shipping. (All I wanted as Dragon Age 2 anyways, looks like I will just wait for an ultimate edition)

CBrownsT10.png

#58 yesokyesok

yesokyesok

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:26 AM

the deal is live if anyone is interested.

lies

EDIT:I think the system is messing up. It just showed Portal 2 at 59.99 yet ME 2 at 7 bucks. I refreshed and it went back to original prices.

#59 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:56 AM

Anyone having trouble adding NFS: Shift for free to their PC-only digital download order? I only have Mirror's Edge (PC, downloadable) in my cart, but when I check my shopping cart or try to check out I don't see Shift.

EDIT: Ah, BOO. Looks like Shift is only given to people who purchase physical product. To test things I added a retail game to my cart and Shift was added automatically. Once I removed the retail game (DA2, XBox 360) Shift also left the cart. What the heck? I would have thought that Shift would have been more of a PC bonus given that it's the PC DD version. Or am I just smoking crack and doing something wrong?

Edited by NeoGutsman, 29 July 2011 - 06:21 AM.

#60 wildcat0227

wildcat0227

Posted 29 July 2011 - 06:12 AM

I don't really want to spend over 39 so shipping kills it for me. I just wanted Mass Effect 2 for the PS3 but that would bring it to about 30 and that's what it's going for on Amazon anyway. At the same time, the deals are great over that amount.