Photo
- - - - -

EA/Origin Store Sale 29th-31st -40% off select games, 4.99 PCDD games, free NFS:S

• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

#91 crupp

crupp

Backlog Enhancer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 07:08 PM

I bought three games and it took off on the two cheapest ones. It took $3 off of Skate 3 and $7 off Dante's Inferno.

Ahh ... thats why. It's not only taking $10 off. It's throwing out the current discount and applying a flat $15 off each games MSRP.
Posted Image

#92 arsenal_fan

arsenal_fan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 07:11 PM

I bought three games and it took off on the two cheapest ones. It took $3 off of Skate 3 and $7 off Dante's Inferno.

Ae you sure it worked for you? I mean it just took $15 off MSRP for me. So if I applied my recyclebank code to skate 3 ($18) and Dante($11) the new prices are $15 and $5 respectively which equals MSRP - $15 for either game. Unless you got Skate 3 for $3 and Dante's for free I'm guessing it does not work.

#93 arsenal_fan

arsenal_fan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 07:12 PM

Ahh ... thats why. It's not only taking $10 off. It's throwing out the current discount and applying a flat $15 off each games MSRP.

That's what I thought.

#94 sixteenvolt420

sixteenvolt420

Hidefninja.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 07:16 PM

Shipping kills this deal for me.

My shipping cost disappeared when i added 2 games in my cart.

sixteenvolt420.png

#95 cycophuk

cycophuk

Left to my own devices

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 07:31 PM

Gotcha. Well that came out a much better deal for those two games then. But what discount was applied had to be whichever was better because I still got NFS:HP for 23.99 rather than the 24.99 I would have paid with the $15 off.

#96 Heavyd814life

Heavyd814life

♥ Gunner4eva ♥

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 07:54 PM

is mirriors edge any good

It's f'ing amazing! Get it!

heavyd814eva.png

#97 Heavyd814life

Heavyd814life

♥ Gunner4eva ♥

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 07:56 PM

Anyone had old $20 code that is not working? I was told it doesn't expire. They were only 1 month old, yet it shows up as code invalid.

This happened to me as well with a code i bought from someone here - maybe try calling CS to see if they'll replace it

heavyd814eva.png

#98 Hibiwa

Hibiwa

Blue Exorcist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 07:58 PM

Kind of want Mass Effect 2 @ $23.99, but I think I can hold off until it goes to $20. I'd have to pick another game if I buy now, and pay tax too.

Maybe there will be another drop for ME:2 when the third one comes out.

#99 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 07:59 PM

This happened to me as well with a code i bought from someone here - maybe try calling CS to see if they'll replace it

I talked to them they said they no longer give away nor use $ off coupon. Only % off coupon. And I got pissed because I had 3 that's now useless. The best they could do was giving me 3 20% off coupon. Unbelievable. I was saving it for EA Inside Deals.

#100 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 08:04 PM

It's f'ing amazing! Get it!

Story sucks but I agree, great game. Where's part 2 ea ? Oh and use the frostbite engine to make it
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#101 Xenogears

Xenogears

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 09:20 PM

$23 for ME2 on PS3 is really nice, but this deal needs a free shipping code to top it off. Could buy DA:0 ultimate for PS3 as well, then easily sell it on Ebay for $18. That would bump me up to free shipping at $40. Hmmmmm....

#102 deletion

deletion

Posted 29 July 2011 - 09:45 PM

not too bad of deals EA.

#103 AFarewell2Arms

AFarewell2Arms

Drop A Deuce

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 10:49 PM

Mirror's Edge for $5 sounds good. Anyone play this with the 360 controller? How does it play out on PC?

#104 Kazuya

Kazuya

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 11:14 PM

For those in the know, how much more value does Dragon Age Ultimate Edition add over the original, and would it be worth buying if I own the original release (I think it comes with that golem DLC as well). As an example, I held out for Fallout 3 Game of the Year, but I actually ended up playing very little of the DLC because the base game was plenty big and I had my fill by the time I had played through most of it. I've been playing through Dragon Age origins recently, and it too seems pretty big...

#105 Pura_Master

Pura_Master

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2011 - 12:40 AM

Thanks op! I ordered Dragon Age Ultimate Edition and Dragon Age 2. Great Deal!

#106 jkimrey

jkimrey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2011 - 12:45 AM

This one appears to be missing now?? I can't seem to find it on the page...?

C&C The First Decade is showing as $20 now; Wasn't it on the $5.00 sale page earlier?

Wow I might have to buy some of those C&C games for $5. Def getting the first decade one though.

#107 AFarewell2Arms

AFarewell2Arms

Drop A Deuce

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2011 - 12:57 AM

For those in the know, how much more value does Dragon Age Ultimate Edition add over the original, and would it be worth buying if I own the original release (I think it comes with that golem DLC as well). As an example, I held out for Fallout 3 Game of the Year, but I actually ended up playing very little of the DLC because the base game was plenty big and I had my fill by the time I had played through most of it. I've been playing through Dragon Age origins recently, and it too seems pretty big...

Awakening adds quite a bit of gameplay. It's worth getting since I think Awakening goes for about $20 on its own. As far as Fallout 3 goes, most of the DLC was worth playing. If you haven't gone back to play it, you should. Operation Anchorage has a shitty story, but there are some great perks (the stealth suit, for one). The Pitt was alright, but no good equipment. Broken Steel and Point Lookout both add a great amount to the story, and they are amazing. The last DLC (the alien one, the name escapes me) was pretty bad, though.

#108 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2011 - 04:55 AM

Does anyone know if the battlefield 2 servers or the 2142 servers are full enough to justify buying either game? I have a hard copy of bf2... but couldnt run it at the time.

#109 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2011 - 05:04 AM

I downloaded Mirror's Edge, where does it say you get NFS Shift?

CAGFL: (187-31)

#110 crzyboy88

crzyboy88

This is a witty title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2011 - 05:08 AM

I thought that only applied to the physical games. Not the download ones.

#111 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2011 - 05:30 AM

$6 shipping they like shipping rocks......

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#112 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2011 - 05:30 AM

Yep, guess it is only console titles. Lame.

#113 Horsewarrior of Janjaweed

Horsewarrior of Janjaweed

Posted 30 July 2011 - 05:34 AM

UE is pretty underwhelming. The DLC is categorically bad. They can be fun if you enjoy DAO, I enjoyed all of them but the horrible dwarf one, but they are still bad. Awakenings is pretty much the same, fun but not particularly satisfying. About 15 hours of gameplay, gameplay being your character running around decimating everything because they don't even pretend to balance classes beyond level 20.

For me the core game was about 60 hours, Awakenings near 18, and the DLCs somewhere between 1-3 each. But they aren't good. At all. The best is the golem one, which you already own.

#114 Kazuya

Kazuya

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2011 - 05:51 AM

UE is pretty underwhelming. The DLC is categorically bad. They can be fun if you enjoy DAO, I enjoyed all of them but the horrible dwarf one, but they are still bad. Awakenings is pretty much the same, fun but not particularly satisfying. About 15 hours of gameplay, gameplay being your character running around decimating everything because they don't even pretend to balance classes beyond level 20.

For me the core game was about 60 hours, Awakenings near 18, and the DLCs somewhere between 1-3 each. But they aren't good. At all. The best is the golem one, which you already own.

Thanks horsewarrior... and thanks afarewell2arms as well. I guess it sounds like to me with my huge backlog that the core game is enough for me since I already own it. From your hour breakdown, it certainly sounds like it gives you the bulk of the experience.

#115 Guilty

Guilty

Posted 30 July 2011 - 05:58 AM

Does anyone know if the battlefield 2 servers or the 2142 servers are full enough to justify buying either game? I have a hard copy of bf2... but couldnt run it at the time.

Yea both are still pretty active all the time. Like any older games, there are busier times such as nights and weekends, and some days can have almost nothing going (particularly in 2142).

In summation, both have their dedicated fanbases and regularly gain new players, if not daily. If you are into battlefield, I would say they are worth WAY more than asking price.

If you pick up 2142, pm me, and I will play some rounds with you (i still pick it up once or twice a week)

#116 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2011 - 06:03 AM

Mirror's Edge for $5 sounds good. Anyone play this with the 360 controller? How does it play out on PC?

Just spent an hour playing with the 360 controller. Plays great, no issues whatsoever and the game still looks amazing.

#117 Mizz Behavin

Mizz Behavin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2011 - 12:22 PM

I am getting an error message saying "payment authorization failed." I am using the EA wallet since I have credit from an EA screw up in the past.

Is anyone else getting this error?

#118 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2011 - 12:41 PM

Anyone have an EA promo code that they don't want? Debating picking up 2 or 3 games.

Tempted by DA2 as well, but I know I'd just end up buying it again when its packaged with DLC.

I guess i'm the ugliest one here and cainaiac is the sexiest, damn.

Hey i just realized canniac bruh has my post in his sig, nice!

cannniaiainiaiac

#119 mitnosi

mitnosi

Posted 30 July 2011 - 01:12 PM

I am getting an error message saying "payment authorization failed." I am using the EA wallet since I have credit from an EA screw up in the past.

Is anyone else getting this error?

I got this last time I tried to place an order, 2 weeks ago and they still have it unresolved.

#120 The Nephilim

The Nephilim

The Troll King

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2011 - 04:50 PM

So I bought SimCity4 deluxe. Do I get a NFS game free? Is it all sales or just for the console ones? Because I don't see it in my Origin now.