Photo
- - - - -

EA/Origin Store Sale 29th-31st -40% off select games, 4.99 PCDD games, free NFS:S

• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

#121 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2011 - 05:12 PM

So I bought SimCity4 deluxe. Do I get a NFS game free? Is it all sales or just for the console ones? Because I don't see it in my Origin now.

It'd have shown up in your cart as $0 if it was included.

#122 The Nephilim

The Nephilim

The Troll King

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2011 - 05:14 PM

It'd have shown up in your cart as $0 if it was included.

Aww man. I was hoping it'd be included too. I suck at racing But my wife enjoys them occasionally. Especially Burnout or pimping out your car games.

#123 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2011 - 05:36 PM

Yeah, I tried buying the DD for Mirror's Edge and nada. I then added in a console game and Shift appeared in my cart. I decided just to cancel my order since I'm chock full of fun from the last Steam sale anyway. Still, you'd think that buying a digital download game from the sale... would correspond with the free digital download for Shift and not from the sale of a console game. Good for fellow console players, but man, I really wanted Mirror's Edge and the free racing game ;)

#124 The Nephilim

The Nephilim

The Troll King

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2011 - 05:37 PM

Just buy it! You gotta.

#125 Samuelc79

Samuelc79

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2011 - 11:54 PM

Apparently confusing topic, it does not seem Need for Speed Shift is free for all things, only if it is purchased on console, then get free PC version of NFS Shift.

#126 Samuelc79

Samuelc79

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2011 - 11:55 PM

Is Spore worth the cost? I'd hate to buy a game and not like it.

#127 xspeedracerx

xspeedracerx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 12:29 AM

Is Spore worth the cost? I'd hate to buy a game and not like it.

I didn't have much fun with it outside of the creature editor. Although I didn't mind paying the $5.99 I payed for it last year just to satisfy my curiosity.

#128 AFarewell2Arms

AFarewell2Arms

Drop A Deuce

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 12:41 AM

Just spent an hour playing with the 360 controller. Plays great, no issues whatsoever and the game still looks amazing.

Thanks. Doubt I'll be able to make it look as pretty as a console version since I'm using a laptop (probably not much worse though), but you can't beat $5 for this awesome title.

#129 dyne

dyne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 01:49 AM

Do they give you a key with the free NFS Shift so you can unlock it on Steam?

#130 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 02:39 AM

I've seen several posts on these boards over the past couple of months where people have made various disparaging remarks about Origin. I never paid too much attention to them though because I figured that I was probably never gonna use the service. So I'm a little bit fuzzy on what the main gripes are against Origin. Anybody care to run through some of them for me?

I had discounted them as an option because their prices weren't competitive with what Steam can offer. With the current sale though, that's less of a concern. In particular, I have my eyes set on possibly picking up Spore.

#131 KenjiWB

KenjiWB

Posted 31 July 2011 - 03:13 AM

Great deal thanks! Picked up Dead Space 2 and Mass Effect 2 for $50 shipped...doubt I'll ever use Origin but downloaded the free game anyways, this is why I love this site :D

#132 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 31 July 2011 - 03:17 AM

I've seen several posts on these boards over the past couple of months where people have made various disparaging remarks about Origin. I never paid too much attention to them though because I figured that I was probably never gonna use the service. So I'm a little bit fuzzy on what the main gripes are against Origin. Anybody care to run through some of them for me?

I had discounted them as an option because their prices weren't competitive with what Steam can offer. With the current sale though, that's less of a concern. In particular, I have my eyes set on possibly picking up Spore.

Most of them are the terms of use. They can disallow you from re downloading a game you bought months after you did because they don't want to host it anymore. So if you buy a game and get a new PC in two years and want to download that game again , it could be unavailable.

#133 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 03:41 AM

Story sucks but I agree, great game. Where's part 2 ea ? Oh and use the frostbite engine to make it

Not that it matters, but it doesn't use the frostbite engine - it's the Unreal Engine. DICE didn't include the editor with the install but there's a hacked version available for it and a few custom maps out there.

#134 Game_Dude_3

Game_Dude_3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 05:10 AM

If only Origin weren't so buggy, I would pick up on one of these deals.

#135 yesokyesok

yesokyesok

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 05:48 AM

I finally picked up bulletstorm, DA:UE, & ME2 with FS!
:360: Is all I need.

#136 dEvAnGeL

dEvAnGeL

sHaMe oN yOu!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 02:37 PM

im considering picking up bulletstorm, i was waiting on a steam sale but considering how things are between EA and steam they will probably pulled out the game from steam sooner than later...o_O..

#137 xGunCrazyx

xGunCrazyx

Posted 31 July 2011 - 06:24 PM

Yeah I was forced to use Origin for the BF3 Alpha and I must say that the software is complete shit. I would actually think about grabbing some games from this sale if the software was better for Origin.
Oh well, will just buy on Steam if EA games ever go back on sale there.
Posted Image

#138 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 06:31 PM

im considering picking up bulletstorm, i was waiting on a steam sale but considering how things are between EA and steam they will probably pulled out the game from steam sooner than later...o_O..

It wouldn't get pulled

If you research what games were pulled you would know that there's certain circumstances that make a game unable to be sold on Steam

#139 leung19

leung19

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 07:12 PM

ok Im thinking about buy a few C&C game, do they work with steam?

thanks

P.S. how is simcity 4? any good?
Check out my Trade List!!!!
http://www.cheapassg...858#post4458858

#140 xGunCrazyx

xGunCrazyx

Posted 31 July 2011 - 07:40 PM

You can't register them on Steam, but you can add them as a Non-Steam Game.
Posted Image

#141 StickyWaffles

StickyWaffles

Us Kids Know!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 08:44 PM

I've wanted Dead Space 2 for awhile, and $24 is a good price. My computer can probably run Shift too, so if I jump on this deal today, I'll definitely check that out.

#142 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 08:53 PM

Man I've been wanting Monopoly Streets forever. Been holding out for $20 though. The bonus game definitely sweetens the deal enough to make me want to pull the trigger.

EDIT: Just put it in my cart. $30+ with shipping even before tax. Ewww.

#143 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:07 PM

Ugh, still going to wait for DS2 to hit $20/PH status. Frustrated because I shelled out $37 for BFBC2 Ultimate not too long ago during Amazon's B2G1 free sale, made each game end up costing $25. I suppose there wasn't much else I wanted on Amazon's list and I know EA's shipping prices are pretty bad, but this is only the beginning of the price-drops of BFBC2's Ultimate Edition. Just a heads-up, the redemption codes that come with a new copy are only good until August 31st of this year.
~ Professionals Be Thou For The People. ~

Well aren't the pandas going extinct?

You wouldn't be if you stopped being lazy and aggressively copulated.

Never have truer words been spoken.

#144 Number 905

Number 905

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2011 - 01:13 AM

Was going to get Battlefield 2, but it looks like they don't want to take PayPal.

And apparently it's only certain games they don't take PayPal for.

What the hell, EA?

Edited by Number 905, 01 August 2011 - 01:44 AM.

#145 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2011 - 03:34 AM

P.S. how is simcity 4? any good?

Very accessible as far as sims go. In comparison to the other games in the series, SimCity 3000 Unlimited is still my favorite, but this game is easy to get into, still looks good, and is well worth the price.

#146 iiinightmar3ii

iiinightmar3ii

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2011 - 03:48 AM

Am I missing something here? I ordered BF:BC 2 but never got anything about the free need for speed download.

#147 RichyJ

RichyJ

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2011 - 03:56 AM

Am I missing something here? I ordered BF:BC 2 but never got anything about the free need for speed download.

NFS looks to only be for the console games not the PC ones

#148 vashtheowner

vashtheowner

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2011 - 05:07 AM

You do realize he could mean the xbox 360 or ps3 version that was on sale.

#149 iiinightmar3ii

iiinightmar3ii

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2011 - 05:24 AM

Nope he was right I ordered the PC version but I guess I should have specified. Well that sucks.

#150 PapiChullo

PapiChullo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2011 - 05:47 AM

Was going to get Battlefield 2, but it looks like they don't want to take PayPal.

And apparently it's only certain games they don't take PayPal for.

What the hell, EA?

That's weird I just ordered BF2:Ultimate and Dragon Age:Ultimate, and paid with paypal, and it worked fine, or, I think so at least.

PapiChullo.png

Now playing: :ps3: The Last of Us   :ps4: NBA 2K14  :3ds: Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box :psp: Stealth Inc.

Most Recently Completed: :ps3: Journey  :psp:Gravity Rush