[Dead] Sony Wireless 7.1 Stereo PS3 Headset $65 Amazon Pre Order

• Please log in to reply
174 replies to this topic

#151 triplehelix

triplehelix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2011 - 10:06 PM

They need to flip that 9 back upside down, or I need to trip into a pile of money. I'd be ok with either. The ball is in your court Amazon....

CGL: 2014
2013 - 2012 - 2011 - 2010 - 2009

#152 Eviltude

Eviltude

Steam Machine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2011 - 11:26 PM

http://www.buy.com/p.../222441827.html

$80 at buy.com, not nearly the $35 off from amazon, but still better than msrp.
Posted Image

#153 Bankyconan

Bankyconan

Posted 04 August 2011 - 08:31 AM

1.COULD YO BE ANY BIGGER OF AN ATTENTION WHORE???

2. Any way as I said FIRST - if you dont got any constructive thing to say then dont reply back and keep filling this page up for nothing with your shit.

1. Yeah cause i'm the guy who keeps repeating myself.:-({|=

2. Nothing constuctive to say?:bs:
I answered your stupid question (notice nobody else did? :roll:).
What else do you want?

#154 Garrison01

Garrison01

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:36 AM

Sony Wireless 7.1 Stereo PS3 Headset $65 Amazon Pre Order

From Garrison01:

Good decent price for headset - regular retail price normally $80-120 at Best Buy, Walmart, and many mid level retailers.
Do not know what the physical weaknesses are though. Ear Cup design should be bigger and more comfortable than the Turtle Beach, Trittons, and Astros. Competition for comfort would be from Razer, Steelseries, and Alien Tactx headsets.
I believe the headset will be above average on Bass sound but below average on basic communication features.
You may have to buy additional adapters to use on whatever system you will use to hear with these - such as a usb dongle (soundcard, change mic/speaker settings, modify sound settings) or adapter jack (component, small/large stereo jack, optical line). This all depends on what use or addition you add such as the Astro Mix Amp or the DX Surround by Turtle Beach.

Overall a mid priced Audio non-game headset. I just hope the wiring is better than Plantronics, Logitechs and the Tritton 180s.

#155 DaShaka

DaShaka

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2011 - 11:21 PM

Can't wait to get this, only costing me $10 with my credit.

#156 Video-Gamer

Video-Gamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 07:05 AM

Me too.
Any one got any info if its already been released at game stop? Amazon still shows no updates on the order status.

#157 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 12:02 AM

For $20, I get wireless headphones from "As seen on TV" :lol:

Just googled "My Zone Headphones." Funny how the guy on the commercial with the lawnmower can hear it from 100 feet away.

#158 Video-Gamer

Video-Gamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 03:28 AM

For $20, I get wireless headphones from "As seen on TV" :lol:

Just googled "My Zone Headphones." Funny how the guy on the commercial with the lawnmower can hear it from 100 feet away.

Here you can get that crap on ebay for $13.99 shipped.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item43a811b4bb

#159 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 04:01 AM

Here you can get that crap on ebay for $13.99 shipped.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item43a811b4bb

Welp they don't include 2nd headphone.

#160 Video-Gamer

Video-Gamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 06:04 AM

Welp they don't include 2nd headphone.

You are Tanga.

Its $19.99 + $6.99 shipping and handling + $4.99 handling fee for the 2nd pair - so how much are you really paying??? $32 at least if not more with the tax.

You can buy 2 from ebay from the link for $28. The seller will even do $25 or less if you send him the money directly from pay pal.

#161 sonicsam

sonicsam

ElectroLife

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2011 - 12:48 PM

Ugh, I totally never saw this deal until just today, even though I was planning on getting them for months but I just remember trying to pre order them way back on amazon and they weren't up for pre order back then. Now I'm reading all these topics about then being so cheap and I feel like an idiot. If anyone is buying a second headset or gets one and doesn't really want it I'll buy it for the $65 and shipping.

#162 Veridis_Quo

Veridis_Quo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2011 - 12:17 PM

new video showcasing the headset.

#163 take5giantsteps

take5giantsteps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2011 - 03:36 PM

Very cool. I'm excited to get mine. This may be a dumb question, but I haven't been able to find an answer. Will these work with mac? Right now for recording podcasts and the like I use my PX21s, but I plan on giving those to a friend who recently got a PS3 after I receive this set.

Any ideas?

#164 Veridis_Quo

Veridis_Quo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2011 - 01:01 PM

Just got an email from amazon saying that they'll be shipping the headset sooner than expected.

"Wireless Stereo Headset"
Previous estimated arrival date: October 07 2011 - October 13 2011
New estimated arrival date: September 13 2011 - September 17 2011

#165 boneless

boneless

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:34 PM

Just got an email from amazon saying that they'll be shipping the headset sooner than expected.

i got the same email.

#166 Average Gamer

Average Gamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2011 - 01:02 AM

they haven't dropped the price again aye?

#167 Antipodes

Antipodes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:33 PM

Anyone know if this will work on PC? I've been trying to decide whether or not to keep my preorder.

For some reason I thought this was Bluetooth and the USB dongle was a bluetooth transmitter/receiver for PC :)

#168 AmongPatriots

AmongPatriots

CAGiversary! A Hwat?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2011 - 01:08 AM

Anyone know if this will work on PC? I've been trying to decide whether or not to keep my preorder.

For some reason I thought this was Bluetooth and the USB dongle was a bluetooth transmitter/receiver for PC :)

*Taken from the Amazon product page:

Product Features

• The Official PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset
  • 7.1 virtual surround sound enables you to hear the enemy before they see you
  • Crystal clear conversations to strategize with teammates. Stay informed with exclusive on-screen headset status updates.
  • Built-in rechargeable battery delivers seven hours usage on a single charge. Enjoy your Wireless Stereo Headset on your PC or Mac
  • Enjoy hi-fidelity sound while watching your favorite movie. Breathable oversized earpads allow for hours of comfortable gameplay
  • 7.1 virtual surround sound* enables you to hear the enemy before they see you
  • Breathable oversized earpads allow for hours of comfortable gameplay
  • Crystal clear conversations to strategize with teammates
  • Enjoy hi-fidelity sound while watching your favorite movie
  • Stay informed with exclusive on-screen headset status updates

#169 tenzor

tenzor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2011 - 01:51 AM

Amazon's listing mentions it works for PC and Mac, but Sony's website does not mention anything about it working with a PC/Mac.

I took a screenshot of the Amazon listing, so if it turns out the headset doesn't work on PC I wont have any trouble returning it for full credit since it would be an error on their end. I am mainly buying this to use with my PC games.

#170 Antipodes

Antipodes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2011 - 02:44 AM

*Taken from the Amazon product page:
Enjoy your Wireless Stereo Headset on your PC or Mac

Amazon's listing mentions it works for PC and Mac, but Sony's website does not mention anything about it working with a PC/Mac.

I took a screenshot of the Amazon listing, so if it turns out the headset doesn't work on PC I wont have any trouble returning it for full credit since it would be an error on their end. I am mainly buying this to use with my PC games.

Thanks! I'll probably keep my order then.

#171 Hockey37

Hockey37

Hockey Player/Coach CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 11:05 PM

Just got a shipped notice from Amazon. ETA is Thursday Sept. 8.
Posted Image

#172 JAlbertL

JAlbertL

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2011 - 04:12 AM

Same here. ETA 9/9.

#173 DaShaka

DaShaka

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2011 - 07:18 PM

Shipment 1 of 1
Not yet shipped
Delivery Estimate: September 13, 2011 - September 17, 2011

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

#174 Cheska19

Cheska19

Fang Banger.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2011 - 05:26 PM

So my estimated delivery date is 09/09 and yet my headset hasn't shipped. And I just called in and they said it's pushed back to October? WTF!?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#175 Video-Gamer

Video-Gamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2011 - 12:19 AM

People who got this need to put some replies here and let us know the over all sound quality and usage. Is it decent for $65? How long the battery last? I am assuming its long as all the other PS3 Accessories.