Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (7/31/11 to 8/6/11)

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#31 Keen314

Keen314

CAGsiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 03:50 AM

That's a strange promo; the 10% off one. I might bite on it to pick up a few Wii games I never got around to grabbing.

Eh, there's a lot of reading in it.

:applause:

#32 DarkRider23

DarkRider23

hates hoarders

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 04:10 AM

That's a strange promo; the 10% off one. I might bite on it to pick up a few Wii games I never got around to grabbing.

Very strange indeed. I'm assuming it's automatic, then? I'll have to return/rebuy some games I just bought today.

#33 LouieT

LouieT

Posted 31 July 2011 - 04:16 AM

I have double-checked the ad. There are no trade-in deals in it.

#34 Taboner

Taboner

Let's Go Rangers!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 04:26 AM

Well now I need a Gamer coupon for the Turtle Beach.

#35 LouieT

LouieT

Posted 31 July 2011 - 04:28 AM

Link to flash ad

:wii::ds: Rewards R Us members only: Buy The Smurfs Dance Party for $29.99, get "A Smurfin' Big Adventure Book" for free.

:wii: Buy The Smurfs Dance Party, get 1 of these Wii dance games for the listed price (after $20 discount):
Just Dance $19.99
Just Dance 2 $19.99
Just Dance Summer Party $9.99
Just Dance Kids $9.99
Michael Jackson: The Experience $29.99

:ds: Buy 2 of the listed DS games for $40:
The Smurfs
Green Lantern: Land of the Manhunters
Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2D Dimension
Super Scribblenauts
Squinkies with toy
Harry Potter and Deathly Hollows Part 2
Lego Battles Ninjago
Cars 2
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games
Petz Nursery 2
Transformers: Dark of the Moon, Autobots or Decepticon version

:ds: Nintendo DS Lite handheld and the DS Lite Starter Kit together for $109. ($10 off the total)

Edited by LouieT, 31 July 2011 - 10:37 PM.
clarification of 2 for $40 sale

#36 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 04:30 AM

Link to flash ad

:wii::ds: Rewards R Us members only: Buy The Smurfs Dance Party for $29.99, get "A Smurfin' Big Adventure Book" for free.

:wii: Buy The Smurfs Dance Party, get 1 of these Wii dance games for the listed price (after $20 discount):
Just Dance $19.99
Just Dance 2 $19.99
Just Dance Summer Party $9.99
Just Dance Kids $9.99
Michael Jackson: The Experience $29.99

:ds: Buy 2 DS games for $40. Valid on DS games priced $29.99 to $34.99.
The ad lists these games, but doesn't say that it's only for these games:
The Smurfs
Green Lantern: Land of the Manhunters
Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2D Dimension
Super Scribblenauts
Squinkies with toy
Harry Potter and Deathly Hollows Part 2
Lego Battles Ninjago
Cars 2
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games
Petz Nursery 2
Transformers: Dark of the Moon, Autobots or Decepticon version

:ds: Nintendo DS Lite handheld and the DS Lite Starter Kit together for $109. ($10 off the total)

Nothing for me...

#37 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 05:53 AM

Nothing for me either. Was hoping for a B1G1 on $19.99 titles

#38 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 07:36 AM

If that 2 for $40 on DS games works on ANY DS games, that's a hell of a deal. Can anyone clarify?

#39 bruceg

bruceg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 07:55 AM

Yeah, that would be a great deal, specifically for those DS titles that don't drop much in price and the TRU exclusive reprints.

#40 mattcube64

mattcube64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 08:29 AM

Shame that Heart Gold and Soul Silver break the $35 limit.

Will probably go grab a couple titles if it's *all* DS games.

You should have went back and waved it in that chick's face.....and, waved the cash in her face, too!

I came here b/c I was sick of low trade-in prices.

#41 loveangel

loveangel

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:56 AM

Nothing for me..:(

Games My life..8.gif

#42 unforeseen

unforeseen

Crime Scene Investigator

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 10:41 AM

Does not look like it. Online only gives the choices listed.

#43 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 10:42 AM

If it's all DS games fantastic, if not...nothing for me.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#44 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 11:21 AM

If it's all DS games fantastic, if not...nothing for me.

Buy 2 DS games for $40. Valid on DS games priced $29.99 to $34.99. So yeah that has to be the price.

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#45 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 11:36 AM

I have double-checked the ad. There are no trade-in deals in it.

40% Bump if you pre-order Madden 12... You mean like that?

That DX11 is a heck of a deal... The best that Amazon has ever had on it was $49.99... So that's like getting a pair of TB cans for $20 AND paying the best price that Amazon has ever had for the DSS unit (which I specifically remember people going APESHIT about when the price dropped to $50)...

May have to jump on that deal this week after I get paid. I want the DSS unit. I don't care about the headset, as I already have a set, but that's a hell of a deal on the DSS and getting as backup set of X11's.

Currently Playing:
:360:
Rocksmith 2014

:xb1:

Titanfall, Forza 5

#46 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 01:44 PM

Not sure where you got the idea this was all DS games in that price range OP. The ad is pretty clear it's only the ones pictured.

#47 jernau

jernau

Player of Games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 01:55 PM

Does anybody know if they still let you grab the Cars 2 steelbook case for free when you buy the game, or if that worked only for pre-orders back then? On the website they list it with a separate price, and no bundle offers with the game, and yet the (probably never updated) description says it's free with purchase of the game.

#48 jdb230

jdb230

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 02:22 PM

Does anybody know if they still let you grab the Cars 2 steelbook case for free when you buy the game, or if that worked only for pre-orders back then? On the website they list it with a separate price, and no bundle offers with the game, and yet the (probably never updated) description says it's free with purchase of the game.

I would say yes. If you look at the item on the website, it states:

Features

• Exclusive gift with your purchase of a Cars 2 video game

#49 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 02:32 PM

I'd jump on the $50 gift card if it was the Star Wars Kinect bundle with the R2-D2 250 GB system and gold controller.

Not really interested in golf games and can't figure out what a good free Move game could be. Already have Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition, Heavy Rain, and MAG.

#50 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 02:46 PM

^That's a deal breaker for me. I'd so get Super Mario 64 DS, New Super Mario Bros. DS, Mario Kart DS, and some other $35 DS game.

Two new games that total about $70 before taxes for the price of $40 before taxes. I'm probably the only DS owner who hasn't played those games, besides Super Mario 64 since I did have that on the Nintendo 64.

#51 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 03:10 PM

so I was in best buy trading in a few things yesterday and at least my store has gotten as bad or worse as gamestop at hassling you for pre-orders now.

I was looking around the 360 section for the oblivion steelbook release and this lady comes up to me asking me if i have ever pre-ordered.

I'm forced to indulge her in 10 minutes of back and forth on why no, I don't want to pre-order before just deciding to get rude and tell her I don't buy new games at best buy because kmart has better deals on new releases.

Fucking obnoxious and makes me not want to go back to best buy. Why does upper management at any retail store think this is a good idea? Especially with employees who obviously know nothing about games and just have a salesman flowchart to follow. Do normal people not see through that shit or what?

TRASH PANIC iLdJv6N.png TRASH PANIC

#52 Gdogg

Gdogg

Scarlett Johansson's future ex-husband

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 03:17 PM

so I was in best buy trading in a few things yesterday and at least my store has gotten as bad or worse as gamestop at hassling you for pre-orders now.

I was looking around the 360 section for the oblivion steelbook release and this lady comes up to me asking me if i have ever pre-ordered.

I'm forced to indulge her in 10 minutes of back and forth on why no, I don't want to pre-order before just deciding to get rude and tell her I don't buy new games at best buy because kmart has better deals on new releases.

Fucking obnoxious and makes me not want to go back to best buy. Why does upper management at any retail store think this is a good idea? Especially with employees who obviously know nothing about games and just have a salesman flowchart to follow. Do normal people not see through that shit or what?

That sucks! BB employees don't usually bother me except for the usual "do you need help finding anything"?
Now on the other hand, its the Direct TV reps at BB that really piss me off. They try to come up to me and converse with me about if I've played such and such game and how awesome it is and then they go into their sales pitch. It's gotten so annoying to me that I just tell them to JOG OFF PLEASE! and I'm not even brittish. I just can't think of a polite way to say Fuck off!

#53 dorkyden

dorkyden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 03:43 PM

you just have to look them in the eyes and say "no thank you I am not interested" if they continue say "I SAID I AM NOT INTERESTED" louder lol. I dont blame them for trying to do their job, even if its annoying to me. but pls understand *I* am not interested, go bug some other suckers. dont make me go medieval!

#54 metallicoholic

metallicoholic

Metal 'Til I'm 60

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 05:17 PM

Gears of War Triple Pack is on sale for $19.99. No pre-order required. I know there's a whole other thread devoted to that deal but I thought it should be added to the OP.

That sucks! BB employees don't usually bother me except for the usual "do you need help finding anything"?
Now on the other hand, its the Direct TV reps at BB that really piss me off. They try to come up to me and converse with me about if I've played such and such game and how awesome it is and then they go into their sales pitch. It's gotten so annoying to me that I just tell them to JOG OFF PLEASE! and I'm not even brittish. I just can't think of a polite way to say Fuck off!

I actually had my first run-in with a DirectTV rep the other day at Best Buy and I just told him that I already had Comcast and that I'm in a contract with them (all of which is true). He left me alone after that. I've also thought about saying that I already have DirectTV and I'm perfectly happy with it. What gets me about the DirectTV rep is that I didn't even run-in to him near the TVs, it was when I was looking at DVDs that he walked up to me.
Posted Image

#55 sgaldis

sgaldis

Posted 31 July 2011 - 05:27 PM

Yeah, those guys will ninja up on you sometimes. I've seen them in Sam's Club and Wal Mart, lately, as well. If they don't take the subtle hint of harried, slightly-annoyed look I give them and still approach me, I just tell them I already have Direct TV, and that seems to move them along pretty quickly.

#56 Strife4Life

Strife4Life

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 05:32 PM

Well shoot. It's not taking my giftcard from the MK9/Portal 2 purchase I made a couple months ago. It says it expires today, I thought that it meant today was the last day I could use it (unless I'm mistaken).

#57 demonlord6696

demonlord6696

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 05:39 PM

wow, crap ad.
Posted Image

#58 sgaldis

sgaldis

Posted 31 July 2011 - 05:57 PM

I guess I need to run down to Target and see what the choice of 4 free games is. They aren't mentioned specifically on the website either, so I imagine this could be a YMMV situation, depending on what titles each store has on hand.

#59 thelastsoldier

thelastsoldier

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:20 PM

the 4 games for PS Move Tiger Woods bundle to select from are Sports Champions, Start The Party, PS Move Heroes, and EyePet...... told the guy at the store what a wasteful selection...and in store only

It indicates on the website that locations, and games may vary per store, but but I cant see any of the stores offering Killzone 3, LBP2, or even SOCOM or NBA 2K11.....sigh

My location is PHX, AZ maybe other areas and results can be different from mine. Good Luck

#60 LouieT

LouieT

Posted 31 July 2011 - 10:11 PM

Not sure where you got the idea this was all DS games in that price range OP. The ad is pretty clear it's only the ones pictured.

I just got an email ad from Toys R Us confirming the 2 for $40 deal is only for those games listed. I'll change the OP.