Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (7/31/11 to 8/6/11)

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#61 LouieT

LouieT

Posted 31 July 2011 - 10:11 PM

Not sure where you got the idea this was all DS games in that price range OP. The ad is pretty clear it's only the ones pictured.

I just got an email ad from Toys R Us confirming the 2 for $40 deal is only for those games listed. I'll change the OP.

#62 pentupanger

pentupanger

Posted 31 July 2011 - 10:12 PM

40% Bump if you pre-order Madden 12... You mean like that?

Yeah, like that.

The deal is +40% trade-in credit on SELECT GAMES if you preorder Madden 12... but i can not find out where a list of the select games is located. If you click the Madden preorder deal on BB's site it just opens up BB's game trade-in value estimator. It never shows a list.

Also, there is a deal going on if you take more than two games in for trade you will get +25% trade-in bonus.

So I am trying to figure out if it is possible to use BOTH bonuses if I just bring in 10+ games and the computer will sort out the ones for the Madden 12 bonus and the other bonus.

...or if I should figure out which games give the extra 40% trade-in and do two separate trade-ins.

#63 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 10:18 PM

so I was in best buy trading in a few things yesterday and at least my store has gotten as bad or worse as gamestop at hassling you for pre-orders now.

I was looking around the 360 section for the oblivion steelbook release and this lady comes up to me asking me if i have ever pre-ordered.

I'm forced to indulge her in 10 minutes of back and forth on why no, I don't want to pre-order before just deciding to get rude and tell her I don't buy new games at best buy because kmart has better deals on new releases.

Fucking obnoxious and makes me not want to go back to best buy. Why does upper management at any retail store think this is a good idea? Especially with employees who obviously know nothing about games and just have a salesman flowchart to follow. Do normal people not see through that shit or what?

This happened to me for the first time when I went to pick up Trials/Limbo/Splosion Man for $10 @ BB the Saturday before last. After noticing my eye for deals, the guy did proceed to show me the Pre-Order 5 for $100 deal (and mentioned the now defunct Rewards Zone bonus of $20), but the worst part was he actually knew what he was talking about. So when I said I played Batman, he went on and on about the exclusive Robin pre-order bonus and how great a game it'll be like the last one, etc. At least when they don't know crap, they can't actually throw a list of reasons at you. So I'd say I'd rather have Joe Schmo who earns minimum wage try to sell me on a pre-order rather than a guy who knows he's blowing smoke, if only because the other guy is the tiniest bit more effective and a lot more longwinded.
~ Professionals Be Thou For The People. ~

Well aren't the pandas going extinct?

You wouldn't be if you stopped being lazy and aggressively copulated.

Never have truer words been spoken.

#64 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 11:04 PM

I think the way they put the "DS Games priced $29.99 to $34.99" in the ad will throw people off. They should have said "THESE GAMES." But if it was for all games in that price range, they wouldn't have put just the crappy ones in the ad like they did.

#65 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 11:18 PM

I don't blame the employees its the upper management that pressures them into these situations for joe schmoe who will buy modern warfare 3 and madden every year and best buy tailors their sales pitches to that.

Everyone who joins the CAG XBox One Conga Line from now until my 11 referrals are met are entered into a drawing to win a FREE $60 game from me! So get going - the Gamefly referral costs nothing, and others are as low as $1!

http://www.cheapassg...real-with-proof/

Join the CAG XB1 Conga Line and get an XB1 or $400+gift cardhttp://www.cheapassg...real-with-proof/

#66 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2011 - 12:15 AM

^I had completely forgotten about Killzone 3, Little Big Planet 2, and SOCOM being compatible with the PS Move.

#67 pbnate88

pbnate88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2011 - 01:11 AM

How is target with price matching? I want to see if they will PM toys r us $45 madden

#68 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 03 March 2010 - 02:45 AM

Posted Image Best Buy throws in a $50 gift card with an Xbox 360 250GB Kinect bundle and a $25 gift card with the Kinect Sensor.

Posted Image GameStop drops the DJ Hero turntable, 007 Bloodstone, and 007 Goldeneye to $9.99 each.

Posted Image Kmart includes a $60 gaming coupon to Rewards members who purchase the Xbox 360 4GB Kinect bundle. Buy the Kinect sensor for and get Micheal Jackson: The Experience free. Buy an 1600 MS points card, get a 3 month XBL card for $12.49; buy a 4000 MS points card, get a 12 month XBL card for $29.99.

Posted Image Target also offers a $50 gift card with an Xbox 360 250GB Kinect bundle purchase and will throw in a free Move game w/purchase of the Tiger Woods Masters 2012 Move Bundle.

Posted Image Toys R Us has 2 for $40 promotion on select DS games. Eligible titles include Green Lantern, The Smurfs, Super Scribblenauts, Cars 2, Transformers, and more.

The Rest of the Deals...
All MRSP prices have been removed. Highlights are in bold.

Best Buy (Ad)
Thanks, LouieT - See post here

Posted Image Save an additional 10% on all gaming software and accessories when you use a Best Buy credit card. In-store only.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Cars 2 $29.99
Posted ImagePosted Image Dragon Age II $29.99
Posted Image:ps3::wii::ds: Captain America: Super Soldier $39.99/$29.99/$19.99
Posted ImagePosted Image Green Lantern Rise of the Manhunters $39.99
Posted Image Xbox 360 250GB Kinect bundle $399.99 with free $50 gift card
Posted Image Kinect Sensor $149.99 with free $25 gift card

Posted Image Buy either a Kinect sensor or Xbox 360 Kinect system bundle, get a TV mount for Kinect for $29.99 ($10 off $39.99 regular price)
Posted Image Turtle Beach Ear Force DXII $99.99
Posted Image Game Party In Motion $19.99
Posted Image Kinect Joy Ride $29.99
Posted Image Virtua Tennis 4 $29.99
Posted Image Deca Sports Freedom $29.99
Posted Image Motionsports Play For Real $29.99
Posted Image Child of Eden $34.99
Posted Image Kinectimals $39.99
Posted Image Dance Central $39.99
Posted Image Kinect Sports $39.99
Posted Image Zumba Fitness $39.99
Posted ImagePosted Image Green Lantern Rise of the Manhunters $19.99

GameStop (Ad)
Thanks, Royal High Knigh - See post here
Offers end 8/2

Posted Image 50% trade-in bonus towards the purchase of used products
:360::ps3::wii: DJ Hero Turntable $9.99
:360::ps3::wii: Rock Band 3 Keyboard $59.99
:360::ps3::pc: Dungeon Siege 3 $39.99/$29.99
:360::ps3: 007 Bloodstone $9.99
:360::ps3: Tony Hawk Shred (Game Only) $9.99
:360::ps3: Tony Hawk Shred bundle (With Skateboard) $19.99
:360: Xbox 360 20GB Hard Drive - Refurb $14.99
:360: Buy Xbox 360 250 GB with Kinec, get a $50 gift card
:wii: 007 Golden Eye $9.99
:pc: Star Craft 2 $49.99

Kmart (Ad)
Thanks, SHC-Gamer - See post here

Note: Some offers may or may not appear in the actual Sunday Ad, but were posted on CAG by SHC-Gamer. Offers end on Saturday.

Posted Image Shop Your Way Rewards members only: Buy the Xbox 360 4GB Kinect bundle for $299.99, get a $60 gaming coupon.
Posted Image Buy the Kinect sensor for $149.99, get the Kinect game Micheal Jackson: The Experience for free.
Posted Image Buy a Xbox Live 1600 MS points card for $19.99, get a 3-month Xbox Live Gold card for $12.49 (50% off)
Limit 1 each per customer, 50% savings limited to 1 card per transaction.
Posted Image Buy a Xbox Live 4000 MS points card for $49.99, get a 12-month Xbox Live Gold card for $29.99 (50% off)
Limit 1 each per customer, 50% savings limited to 1 card per transaction.
Posted Image Child of Eden, Michael Jackson: The Experience, Zumba Fitness, Dance Central are $39.99 each:

Target (Ad)
Thanks, Enuf - See post here

Posted Image Xbox 360 250GB Kinect bundle $399.99 with free $50 gift card
:wii: Free $10 gift card w/purchase of Just Dance Summer party ($30) & Just Dance 3 pre-order reserve($1)
:ps3: Free select Move game w/purchase of the Tiger Woods Masters 2012 golf Move Bundle $100 - Choose from 4 unspecified titles

Toys R Us (Ad)
Thanks, LouieT - See post here

Posted ImagePosted Image Rewards R Us members only: Buy The Smurfs Dance Party for $29.99, get "A Smurfin' Big Adventure Book" for free.

Posted Image Buy The Smurfs Dance Party, get 1 of these Wii dance games for the listed price (after $20 discount):

• Just Dance $19.99
  • Just Dance 2 $19.99
  • Just Dance Summer Party $9.99
  • Just Dance Kids $9.99
  • Michael Jackson: The Experience $29.99

Posted Image Buy 2 of the listed DS games for $40:

• The Smurfs
  • Green Lantern: Land of the Manhunters
  • Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2D Dimension
  • Super Scribblenauts
  • Squinkies with toy
  • Harry Potter and Deathly Hollows Part 2
  • Lego Battles Ninjago
  • Cars 2
  • Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games
  • Petz Nursery 2
  • Transformers: Dark of the Moon, Autobots or Decepticon version
Posted Image Nintendo DS Lite handheld and the DS Lite Starter Kit together for $109. ($10 off the total)

Edited by CheapyD, 01 August 2011 - 03:22 AM.

#69 jeebert

jeebert

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2011 - 02:25 AM

40% bonus trade in credit when u preorder. Click on show promotions available in store. Seems to be on any trade ins.

http://www.bestbuytr...VideoGames.cfm#

#70 Haggar

Haggar

Mayor of Metro City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2011 - 02:32 AM

the 4 games for PS Move Tiger Woods bundle to select from are Sports Champions, Start The Party, PS Move Heroes, and EyePet...... told the guy at the store what a wasteful selection...and in store only

It indicates on the website that locations, and games may vary per store, but but I cant see any of the stores offering Killzone 3, LBP2, or even SOCOM or NBA 2K11.....sigh

My location is PHX, AZ maybe other areas and results can be different from mine. Good Luck

Same 4 free game options at my Target in New Jersey, but they didn't have the Tiger Woods bundle, only the Start the Party bundle. So really you only had a choice of 3 free games. I passed.

#71 Kezay

Kezay

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2011 - 02:49 AM

I think the way they put the "DS Games priced $29.99 to $34.99" in the ad will throw people off. They should have said "THESE GAMES." But if it was for all games in that price range, they wouldn't have put just the crappy ones in the ad like they did.

I think it was done that way because one of the games listed as part of the deal "Mario and Sonic at the Winter Olympics" is $34.99. I wish it was for all games as well though. I still haven't played Kingdom Hearts ReCoded or Monster Tale, both of which I'd like to get around to picking up eventually.

#72 SPVietBoy

SPVietBoy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2011 - 02:50 AM

hmm... anybody know if BB PM's gc deals? also, if i do the xbox deal, and i have an old BB gc, i can just get them to put the money on that right?

#73 Greenseer

Greenseer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2011 - 04:02 AM

I don't know would Child of Eden at $35 be a fair price to pay for what it is?

EduardoNS.png EduardoNS.png

#74 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2011 - 10:43 AM

Gears of War Triple Pack is on sale for $19.99. No pre-order required. I know there's a whole other thread devoted to that deal but I thought it should be added to the OP

yeah, but the $20 off coupon requires a pre-order of GoW3 & you end up only paying $5 + tax instead of $20 + tax. And if you don't want the pre-order you can always cancel it & get your $5 back.

hmm... anybody know if BB PM's gc deals? also, if i do the xbox deal, and i have an old BB gc, i can just get them to put the money on that right?

The used to policy updated 7/10 but we all know informed CS reps aren't always in abundance LOL. But BB is offering a gc themselves too & I'm not sure if the system req. a new one to be scanned.

#75 Keen314

Keen314

CAGsiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2011 - 04:58 PM

I don't know would Child of Eden at $35 be a fair price to pay for what it is?

If you like Rez, and want more of it, yes.

#76 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:07 PM

Gears of war triple pack should be free w/@gamer coupon you should only be paying $5 for the GoW3 pre-order, BB Corp responded to this issue print it out or show them in-store. If they refuse alert corp so the store/regional managers can be notified & you can get the deal.
http://www.forums.be...-p/308404#M1050

#77 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:16 PM

Does anyone know if Target would PM a BB ad? I really want to pick up Dragon Age II since I have a Target GC that would knock off tax and some sales price, otherwise I would just go through Amazon. I have a BB GC as well, but the closest BB to me is over 35 minutes away.

#78 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:36 PM

Does anyone know if Target would PM a BB ad? I really want to pick up Dragon Age II since I have a Target GC that would knock off tax and some sales price, otherwise I would just go through Amazon. I have a BB GC as well, but the closest BB to me is over 35 minutes away.

Not sure what state your in but both amazon/BB are overpriced
it's $20 PS3 now @ PC Richard & Son, also was $15 @ BB w/sale + @gamer coupon deal
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=300823

#79 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:40 PM

Not sure what state your in but both amazon/BB are overpriced
it's $20 PS3 now @ PC Richard & Son, also was $15 @ BB w/sale + @gamer coupon deal
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=300823

As helpful in answering my question as that was, we have no PC Richard and Son stores near me, I can't get it for the PS3, and because the BB stores are so far from me I never subscribed/had their gamer coupon booklets. So yeah.

#80 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:54 PM

As helpful in answering my question as that was, we have no PC Richard and Son stores near me, I can't get it for the PS3, and because the BB stores are so far from me I never subscribed/had their gamer coupon booklets. So yeah.

that's why the 1st thing I stated was "not sure what state your in" as this would make a big difference & it's a $10+ price difference. The only reason I mention the previous @gamer coupon deal is I see alot people gauge whether the game will drop further by the most recent deals.

#81 soonerdoc

soonerdoc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:09 PM

Yes, Target will pricematch the BB ad. For Target you must have the newspaper ad in hand. They will not pricematch using website or computer printout.

#82 Ramandur

Ramandur

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2011 - 02:19 PM

can you combine the coupon on the dx11 at bb with the 20% when you buy 4 accessories