How do you like your Wiki: 1st Post or After 1st post

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Do you prefer the wikiposts to have the 1st post editable or would you like to have a special wikipost located after the 1st post?

I'm a fan of making a special post AFTER the OP of a thread that others can edit to their heart's content. I understand that the wikified OP's of threads CAN be reversed to an earlier state in the event someone screws up or goes in and maliciously edits out information, but it's just easier(to me anyway) to keep the first post untouched by anyone other than the OP of a thread.

Personally, I'd love to go back to the old way where there was no editing the OP of a thread unless you were the original poster(or a mod). Too many cooks as they say.

Having a second editable wiki post would solve any problems with misinformation in the original post, and still give the community dynamic updates. I like it.

I actually prefer the first post being editable. A post after the first one, someone might not notice if they are just skimming first posts. People already ignore the posts after the first one as it is.

[quote name='JP']I actually prefer the first post being editable. A post after the first one, someone might not notice if they are just skimming first posts. People already ignore the posts after the first one as it is.[/QUOTE]
Some folks also tend to ignore the OP of a thread completely and just keep asking questions till they get all of the info from the OP without having to read.:bomb::roll:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Some folks also tend to ignore the OP of a thread completely and just keep asking questions till they get all of the info from the OP without having to read.:bomb::roll:[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that too.

I greatly prefer the second post to be the editable one for reason stated. Wiki-style posts are great, but one 'hard-copy' first would be best, and the second would be for constantly updated info that is unfortunately open to misinformation.

bread's done
Back