singularity (ps3/360) 15.99 with free shipping @ newegg

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2011 - 08:04 PM

Saw this on newegg, cheapest price I've seen for this game so far. Plus if you are in new York like me they charge no tax :) Im really tempted to jump at this. What are peoples thoughts about this game ? Looks interesting

:360: Singularity $15.99
:ps3: Singularity $15.99

Edited by CheapyD, 02 August 2011 - 07:51 AM.

Currently playing
:ps4: blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, contrast, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#2 ClevelandBrowns

ClevelandBrowns

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2011 - 08:09 PM

Buy this game people. It is pretty awesome.

CBrownsT10.png

#3 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2011 - 08:13 PM

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']Buy this game people. It is pretty awesome.[/QUOTE

How does the time mechanic work in the game ? Is it fun to use ? Oh and how about the weapons ?
Currently playing
:ps4: blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, contrast, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#4 DurbanBrown

DurbanBrown

to the MOON

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2011 - 08:17 PM

might get this, but I need to check out some reviews... hadnt heard much

Zombies-Sig.jpg

last.fm: shroomer1999                                                                  Designed By Lilchiji

#5 jbz

jbz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2011 - 08:26 PM

You guys might want to check our your Sears if you have one. I bought this on the PS3 for $4 in a Sears clearance bin. I've seen it at 3 of my local Sears ranging from $4 to $7.

The game is pretty fun, but the ending was kind of a let down for me. I'm used to a huge epic boss/battle ending, but never really got one. Still a fun game.

#6 TraBuch

TraBuch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2011 - 08:26 PM

Bioshock fans need to get this.

#7 jbz

jbz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2011 - 08:30 PM

Bioshock fans need to get this.

I did get a Bioshock feeling to this game. Good call.

#8 ClevelandBrowns

ClevelandBrowns

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2011 - 08:34 PM

[quote name='strait edge follower'][quote name='ClevelandBrowns']Buy this game people. It is pretty awesome.[/QUOTE

How does the time mechanic work in the game ? Is it fun to use ? Oh and how about the weapons ?[/QUOTE]
It is really cool. You can send enemies forward in time making them age and die, you can send them back in time, ect. You can send things like recorders back in time to when they were working to here recordings and such. It is pretty cool. I don't remember anything too memorable about the weapons, maybe someone else can help you with that. I also got a bioshock feel from this game, so if you enjoyed Bioshock, then you will more than likely enjoy this game. There are also multiple endings for this game, so make sure you see them all!

CBrownsT10.png

#9 Lancezos

Lancezos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2011 - 08:35 PM

awesome game. It feels like a combination of Bioshock, Half Life 2 and FEAR all in one. I highly recommend it. One of my favs

#10 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2011 - 09:04 PM

I thought this was a very good game. I thought the actual shooting mechanics felt a lot like Modern Warfare 2, and the atmosphere and story had a Bioshock feel (Not as good though. I had gotten it for 9.99 used a while back and thoroughly enjoyed it.

#11 Techman16

Techman16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2011 - 09:07 PM

ill wait till it hits below $10 but thx anyway op

#12 DeathDream

DeathDream

Posted 01 August 2011 - 09:41 PM

I got it used from Gamefly around the holiday for either $10 or $12. Really fun game. The single player is like Bioshock while the multiplayer is like Left 4 Dead's vs mode.

#13 FracturedMirror

FracturedMirror

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2011 - 10:07 PM

Singularity is a extremely underrated game. If you like shooters, you should definitely give it a shot. It never got the promotion it deserved on release from Activision. Probably one of the most mishandled game launches ever.
Posted Image

#14 Runch

Runch

Responsibly Reckless

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2011 - 10:21 PM

Very good game, great single player campaign. The multiplayer is a lot of fun though, but it's mostly dead. It can be pretty hard to get into a game depending on the time of day.
Posted Image

#15 Kerig

Kerig

Brown Thursday = $149 Zelda 3DSXL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2011 - 10:40 PM

The game is pretty fun, but the ending was kind of a let down for me. I'm used to a huge epic boss/battle ending, but never really got one. Still a fun game.

Singularity was a welfare baby of Half-Life 2 and Bioshock. Needless to say it was all about the story. I really respect the fact that they didn't do something silly like a final boss battle. By the end of the game you're so buffed out that one guy really shouldn't be a threat to you. I think they knew that and went a more realistic approach that I very rarely see in games.

:3ds: 1607-3007-9618

cag%20kerig.png

#16 trig

trig

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2011 - 11:13 PM

I got this "like new" at amazon for 8bucks. very underrated game. I actually like it better than bioshock 2.
Posted Image
Posted Image
http://www.instagc.c...sers/join/34278
http://www.zoombucks...ef=swagterrence
40$ received from InstaGC in 2weeks
140$ amazon GC - received from PrizeRebel since march 17
340$ amazon GC - received from Zoombucks
150$ gamestop GC - received from utalkback + erewards
pm me for questions

#17 hle078

hle078

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2011 - 11:27 PM

i think this game has been at this price for a while
[URL="http://www.ps3trophies.com/profile/hyuklee"]Posted Image[/URL]

#18 ddog510

ddog510

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2011 - 01:06 AM

Highly recommended
Posted Image

#19 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2011 - 01:20 AM

+1 recommendation. loved this game.

#20 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 02 August 2011 - 01:22 AM

This is also either $9.99 or $14.99 at Blockbuster(USED) if you can find it.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#21 chunlirocks

chunlirocks

Posted 02 August 2011 - 01:22 AM

Solid game.
For 16 blades you can't go wrong

:beer:

woot
:joystick: CERTIFIED GRADE A VIDIOT:joystick:

IN MY CONSOLES - NOW PLAYING:
:ps3: BLAZBLUE and DEMON's SOULS
:360: MUSHIHIMESAMA FUTARI 1. 5
:ps2: EVERBLUE 2
:wii: METROID PRIME TRILOGY
:psp: Field Commander
:xbox: XYANIDE

#22 DelicateWatkins

DelicateWatkins

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2011 - 02:56 AM

Definitely buying it for my boyfriend's birthday. Thanks for the heads up OP!

#23 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2011 - 03:00 AM

Well everyone here seems to love the game, You guys are about to make me take my card out and order this game ! It does seem like a great experience to play through.
Currently playing

#24 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2011 - 03:03 AM

Definitely buying it for my boyfriend's birthday. Thanks for the heads up OP!

No prob, me and my people in the straight edge society look out for everyone :)
Currently playing

#25 pun123

pun123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2011 - 03:17 AM

another highly recommended, just finished it, great game.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#26 Untamed Sorrow

Untamed Sorrow

The Maple Kind ??

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2011 - 03:18 AM

i think this game has been at this price for a while

Yup, picked it up a couple of months ago and a 2nd copy in may for a bud at the same price. Shame people ignore this game.

#27 Kerig

Kerig

Brown Thursday = $149 Zelda 3DSXL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2011 - 04:10 AM

I'm tempted to say Singularity is this console generation's Second Sight.

:3ds: 1607-3007-9618

cag%20kerig.png

#28 darkskill

darkskill

Posted 02 August 2011 - 04:16 AM

Got one, thanks. I didn't even really know this game existed until today!

#29 Vap

Vap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2011 - 04:28 AM

Anyone who doesn't have this game yet has to give it a shot. Awesome story with fun gameplay and amazing vibe makes this a must play for any shooter fan.

#30 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2011 - 04:32 AM

Well its official, I just ordered my copy. From what everyone here saying it seems that this game is an underrated gem like vanquish (which was awsome). Thanks for the deep info on this game guys !
Currently playing