Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Borderlands 2 - Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep - 6/25 - 800 pts.

• Please log in to reply
2472 replies to this topic

#571 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:27 PM

The only thing I've found in the small cardboard boxes are ammo for guns I don't use or have. Hell at level 14 I was still using level 7 guns because I couldn't find anything better, sad to say. Drops are a little better now for me since I've played Finks Slaughterhouse several times, but good god, beating that with severely underpowered weapons made it so much harder than it should have been.

#572 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:39 PM

i plays the slots everytime i return to sanct and visit moxxxie, i tip moxxie for tiger growl every so often but i haven't given her enough yet to break my bank and coax her to give me anything good yet. aside from the blue i got from the slots, i did win a few eridium bars which was a nice surprise. i really like how they made that a form of currency w/the blackmarket instead of just buying your storage upgrades/ammo reserves through missions and $.

a few more levels and finally hitting the 3rd tier for that 1st power that defines your build.

#573 Action!

Action!

King Koopa.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:40 PM

i plays the slots everytime i return to sanct and visit moxxxie, i tip moxxie for tiger growl every so often but i haven't given her enough yet to break my bank and coax her to give me anything good yet. aside from the blue i got from the slots, i did win a few eridium bars which was a nice surprise. i really like how they made that a form of currency w/the blackmarket instead of just buying your storage upgrades/ammo reserves through missions and $.

a few more levels and finally hitting the 3rd tier for that 1st power that defines your build.

XP, what level are you? You should hop on with me and Lively one of these nights.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 6/28/14   Child of Light       |      Trade List

Hey, I'm selling prints now. http://society6.com/...nKazimer/prints

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#574 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:58 PM

XP, what level are you? You should hop on with me and Lively one of these nights.

i think i just hit 13. my time is divided between, diablo 3, bl2, and life...so generally i'll be on later in the evenings. jelks plays a lot...i think he has 3 characters all in their high teens and one in their 20's. holy crap man.

#575 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

The electronics of your heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:38 PM

Borderlands 2 lowers the gore, upsets the fans

Does anybody really care about this? Seems like Destructoid is reaching to come up with something "controversial" about the game.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#576 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:45 PM

Does anybody really care about this? Seems like Destructoid is reaching to come up with something "controversial" about the game.

Honestly I didnt even notice it was toned down.

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#577 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:47 PM

I'd noticed that it's slightly less gory than the first game, but honestly, it's still pretty gory. :)

#578 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:48 PM

personally, i think the humor in the game is making it so much more satisfying...and the fact that now when you elementally put something down it's visually and audibly better. the scorched bodies while they're running at you, when they're shocked to death they spew gibberish, i haven't acid bathed anything yet. while the head doesn't go "pop" when you shot it, the goliath's having some meat and brain stem is pretty gory and absent from the 1st one.

BL2's violence and PG13 gore seems more aimed at hilarity and it works well. I don't really miss it at all.

#579 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:50 PM

Gore doesn't do anything for me any more, so no that change doesn't bother me in the slightest.

#580 lordwow

lordwow

Fmr. VP of the OTT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:20 PM

The gore was only noticeable to me because I had just been playing through BL1 right before to get ready for this game.
Currently Playing: Borderlands 2 (360), Black Ops (360)

Posted Image

#581 pimpinc333

pimpinc333

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:09 PM

Me. After reading this, I took a hammer and smashed the game. That'll teach Gearbox to lower the gore on their games!

#582 Rhett

Rhett

Global Defense Initiative

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:11 PM

Anyone who's beaten the game, does sidequest completion carry over into New Game +? I'm curious as to how that works.

Also, Mamaril has disappeared from my game, I think since

Spoiler

I still have yet to see a purple class mod (only thing I still need for the all-purples achievement), or an orange anything.

He's definitely a lot rarer... but he can also spawn in so many different places. I've seen him once, since that quest. (and that's with an 18 Siren and a 36 Commando)

Purple class mods are very rare up through level 30+... I've found maybe 4-5 of them, and a few on vending machines. There are supposedly even legendary class mods... Regardless, you may want to hold onto any you find.
Steam: Rhett816

#583 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:15 PM

I blew up several mobs with my explosive shottie into arms and legs. I really didn't notice the tone-down.

#584 hustletron

hustletron

poop dollar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:33 PM

Mean while Gears of War gets mature rating, with chainsawing people, dismembering and gibbing. Derp.

fs_overall.png

#585 bordjon

bordjon

tastes good on the bun.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:34 PM

Anybody seen any shields with health regen (ala wee wee's super booster from BL 1!) or any ammo regen weapons? I did a quick Google search but didn't see anything. Just wondering if they are out there or if we are going to have to rely on skill tree/class mod.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#586 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:38 PM

Anybody seen any shields with health regen (ala wee wee's super booster from BL 1!) or any ammo regen weapons? I did a quick Google search but didn't see anything. Just wondering if they are out there or if we are going to have to rely on skill tree/class mod.

I have yet to find a shield with health regen, or ammo regenerating weapons. I've had to rely on a class mod for my health regen.

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#587 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:06 PM

Yeah, I have a feeling those weapon and shield buffs were taken out of the game to encourage co-op play. Each class has access to different buffs now and to combine them you need contributions from multiple team members.

#588 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:09 PM

i had a decent pistol class mod and a sniper one which i ended up selling for a shield cap, and 1.8 health regen class one. it's been great. my shield mod is a quick recharge shield one, like 1.1 seconds...though my actual shield is about 97. so far it's been really good for my assassin.

#589 Freemason

Freemason

I'd Hit That...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:12 PM

Anyone do the wave 5 of the Flints Slaughterhouse? After wave 3 nobody spawns and you have to off yourself to get back out. tried 4 times yesterday to no avail and cannot finish it.

Currently Playing:

:pc: Payday 2 , Saints Row 4, Steam Games

fs_overall.png

#590 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:40 PM

I was able to complete all the rounds at Fink's Slaughterhouse.

#591 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:49 PM

Is it worth my time to play the first game or should I just jump in with this one?

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#592 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:50 PM

Anyone do the wave 5 of the Flints Slaughterhouse? After wave 3 nobody spawns and you have to off yourself to get back out. tried 4 times yesterday to no avail and cannot finish it.

It's a random glitch. Annoying as hell when it happens, but I've finished it on the initial playthrough and currently my second. Just keep at it until the round continues.

The
Spoiler
one however... was a huge pain in the ass for my Zero. I have yet to finish the final wave. I'll get to it eventually/when randoms stop doing stupid shit to get them killed or refuse to revive people.

Also Randy is giving out codes again this time with 10,000 redemptions here.

Stop trying to Scooby-Doo this. We're not going to solve this mystery for you. 

#593 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:53 PM

Is it worth my time to play the first game or should I just jump in with this one?

it's kinda like ME > ME2 > ME3.
if you play the previous games you'll potentially get more out of the current one, i.e. background, jokes, and satisfaction of seeing familiar faces, as well as apperciate what was changes/upgraded.

if you play BL2 then BL1, you probably won't get into is as much due to the incredible changes made in BL2.

...also, how much time do you have to play?

#594 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:08 PM

...also, how much time do you have to play?

Lol isn't that always the case.

I didn't notice the down down of the gore and I wonder what they have to do to get a M on your game now, shesh.
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#595 bordjon

bordjon

tastes good on the bun.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:23 PM

Also Randy is giving out codes again this time with 10,000 redemptions here.

Where do you enter these codes - on xbox redeem or on the shift redeem section?

*EDIT* I'm guessing shift since it says shift code. Thanks for posting - just got it!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#596 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:28 PM

I'm sort of convinced the RNG Gods look favorably upon me whenever I mass kick idiots out of my sessions. I swear ever since I discovered this game has a host kick feature it forgets to lower the drop rate when people get kicked. I've found at least five purples since I started doing it.

Speaking of which I just kicked two morons who were dumb enough to start bitching about me finishing a quest (oh the nerve of me) while they tried to travel spam me out of it to finish the nearby Slaughterhouse. Finished the quest and what's waiting for me in the first weapon box I find? A badass purple corrosive AR for my Axton, lol.

Ah... this is truly priceless.

Stop trying to Scooby-Doo this. We're not going to solve this mystery for you. 

#597 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:04 PM

I'm playing a Siren, so naturally everything dies from either corrosion, fire or electricity. Not much gore to be had there.
Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#598 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:27 PM

Just used the gold key code. Still working as of 4:27pm MST. Thanks

#599 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:08 PM

Just used the gold key code. Still working as of 4:27pm MST. Thanks

Still worked for me as of 7pm est. Randy tweeted there are still "plenty" of redemptions left.
Posted Image
Waiting for: WRC 2010 and WRC 2 and WRC 3:cry:
Now playing:
:360: Forza Horizon, Halo Series
:wii: Collecting Dust
:ps3: Collecting Dust
:pc: Diablo 3, Walking Dead
When I'm not watching Grimm and Firefly on Hulu.

#600 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:24 PM

About time to bust out those silver accounts? Lol