Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Borderlands 2 - Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep - 6/25 - 800 pts.

• Please log in to reply
2472 replies to this topic

#1771 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:57 PM

It would seem the Torque DLC is due on November 20th. I have still yet to play Captain Scarlett, so this is good, for when I do play, I will have plenty to do.
Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#1772 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

What went out is comin' back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:06 PM

Torgue preview

Ryuukishi634.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#1773 Action!

Action!

THIS WEIGHS MORE THAN ME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:22 PM

Gah, I have SO MUCH to play this Tuesday. I haven't even gone through Pirate's Booty yet.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 9/2/2014   DragonCon 2014 Cosplay      |      Trade List

I do art commissions. Ask me to draw for you.

The game that I animate for is OUT NOW! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#1774 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:27 PM

Torgue preview in video:

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#1775 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:41 PM

Gah, I have SO MUCH to play this Tuesday. I haven't even gone through Pirate's Booty yet.

At least it's not the same day as Omega!

#1776 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:54 PM

Hmmm...I have a season pass so I will download this but I have a bad taste in my mouth about this game right now. I did not even collect the last golden keys because Pitchford was such an ass this week. I know, "first world problems" and all. The funny thing though is that with the Mechromancer and 2 DLCs being released within the first2 months of this game being released pretty much makes Pitchford a liar. He said they were not even working on DLC until the game was done. No way that is true. I went gold mid Aug I guess so in 3 months they created all this? Does not seem likely. Not complaining about content since BL2 has it in spades but why can't developers just be honest about their plans for DLC? Just own it.

Anyway, it their going to be a level increase? If not then I am waiting. It is no fun to play without earning XP right now.

#1777 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:01 PM

The video I watched said no level cap increase on this one :-(.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#1778 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:30 PM

Definitely not interested in the Campaign of Carnage. Terrible business practices aside it sounds like more of the same. Well... minus new enemies, a level cap increase and rarity level higher than what we already have to justify the amount of senseless grinding necessary to earn those new weapons. Weapons which from the looks of it won't compare to the Legendaries most of us already have now.

I'll gladly keep my money in my pocket for the last TWD episode and Dragonborn.

Stop trying to Scooby-Doo this. We're not going to solve this mystery for you. 

#1779 One From Zero

One From Zero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:35 PM

Anyway, it their going to be a level increase? If not then I am waiting. It is no fun to play without earning XP right now.

Well, according to Pitchford's twitter you are ahead of the curve and must be a hardcore badass:

heh! It'll come. It will be time before too long... You're ahead of the curve - you must be a hardcore badass!

oh, and let's not forget this:

farmers are edge case sized minority. What is best for farmers is destructive to everything else in the game.

#1780 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:46 PM

Wow, no level cap increase again!? Dropping the ball this time around GB

#1781 koalak

koalak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:05 PM

All information on the DLC2, both official and leaked (Spoilers, obviously):

Mister Torgue's Campaign of Carnage DLC
GameShampoo username: lokik
Playing:
Rift: lvl 14 Rogue (Ranger/Marksman/Saboteur)
WoW: lvl 57 Hunter (Beast Master)

#1782 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:27 PM

I basically played the first dlc overleveled in my playthrough 1 so I stopped doing side quests. By the time I finished playthrough 2 I was at level 50 so I do not feel like playing the dlc if I cannot level up. It really does show a lack of self-awareness on their own progression system. How can they really think people are not at level 50 yet with all the quests. Maybe in one playthrough you might not be 50 yet between the original game and Pirate dlc but dlc should be an add on not a progression. You should expect people to have characters with 2 playthroughs by now. This is what happens when dlc is planned as part of the original game and not true extensions. This dlc will add nothing to longtime players which is exactly how it should be thought out. This dlc is better suited for people just starting the game. Bad Gearbox bad.
Posted Image

#1783 Renegade Moose

Renegade Moose

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:54 PM

I'm sure there are plenty of people like me who between work, school, other responsibilities, and other games have not maxed out their character. I can't play video games 8 hours a day. I haven't even beaten the first dlc. I'm far away from level 50 and don't plan on a play through 2 any time soon. I'm sure I'm in the minority on a message board, but I doubt it in the amount of Borderlands players.
Posted Image

#1784 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:26 PM

Yeah, class and work stopped me from even beating the game for over a month. And even now, I am only level 38 and still need to start Captain Scarlett. I'm cool with the current level cap.
Posted Image

#1785 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:33 PM

I'm sure there are plenty of people like me who between work, school, other responsibilities, and other games have not maxed out their character. I can't play video games 8 hours a day. I haven't even beaten the first dlc. I'm far away from level 50 and don't plan on a play through 2 any time soon. I'm sure I'm in the minority on a message board, but I doubt it in the amount of Borderlands players.

That is not the point. The point is the amount of content already released if played in the time it was released (chronologically) results in most people either being A) Overleveled or B) At level 50. They are saying this new DLC should be for those under level 50 which is just wrong for A LOT of players. DLC is supposed to enhance the game not restrict advanced players or dedicated player from progressing. This works great for you if you are just playing the story DLC mainly and are behind but those that have completed all the side quests and done some farming are forced to choose between experiencing new content with little progression or waiting for a 3rd DLC to level up. Each DLC should have had some bit of increase in level cap. Even if it is 5 levels at a time.

Anyway New Code

WTWBB-ZJ9Z5-69XJ6-KRTBB-ZHBBH

Also the game has been out 2 months. You don't need to play 8 hours a day to get to level 50 by now.

#1786 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:34 PM

I would love to see a level cap increase, and a bank increase for that matter. It's not going to prevent me from having fun with the DLC though.

#1787 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:35 PM

Yeah, class and work stopped me from even beating the game for over a month. And even now, I am only level 38 and still need to start Captain Scarlett. I'm cool with the current level cap.

But if you are level 38 and on the 1st playthrough the Captain Scarlett DLC is not even worth playing. You are going to be so overleveled it is not even a challenge. That is why they created TVHM. You are better off starting TVHM and playing the Pirate DLC right off the bat.

#1788 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:38 PM

I don't care about how difficult it is, really. I just want to see the content. Sure, leveling further would be nice, but I value content a bit more than some people, I suppose.
Posted Image

#1789 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:42 PM

I don't care about how difficult it is, really. I just want to see the content. Sure, leveling further would be nice, but I value content a bit more than some people, I suppose.

Well that is cool then. The writing is top notch so it is entertaining. I am mostly just bitching in general and not saying anyone here is wrong with how they like to play.

#1790 One From Zero

One From Zero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:43 AM

WTWBB-ZJ9Z5-69XJ6-KRTBB-ZHBBH

Thanks!

For historical reference, here's the timeline for BL1 cap increases. 4 months to get the first bump. I hope it's faster this time around.

Spoiler

edit:
Just saw a thread over at the GBX forums that might be of some interest - Level Cap increase to be handled differently from Borderlands 1. Discussion stems from a quote by GBX vp of marketing to IGN during an interview for DLC 2:

Looking ahead, Gearbox says it’s already thinking about the next downloadable content. Eventually, the developer has plans to raise Borderlands 2’s level cap, but not in the way you might expect. “We’re discussing trying to do it in a more interesting way,” Gearbox vice president of marketing Steve Gibson told IGN. “We think people are going to be really happy when we do get to it. It’s a little bit different way of doing it. Yes, the number will go up, but there are some other things associated with it that we’re trying to do an even better job of.”

Edited by One From Zero, 18 November 2012 - 03:09 AM.

#1791 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:39 AM

But if you are level 38 and on the 1st playthrough the Captain Scarlett DLC is not even worth playing. You are going to be so overleveled it is not even a challenge. That is why they created TVHM. You are better off starting TVHM and playing the Pirate DLC right off the bat.

How are you supposed to do that, I thought you had to get to Oasis for the Captain Scarlet DLC. It's that time of year, when there are too many quality games to play than to level up in one game so yeah I see the reasoning.
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#1792 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:03 PM

Not everyone plays games for challenge. I had a lot of fun playing the pirate dlc with a level 35 or so character, don't give a crap about beating the extra bosses etc. I do have a TVHM playthrough going now worth some friends, but I'm not that motivated to get through it as I'm pretty burnt out on the game. Excited for more dlc, but playing through the game on the harder difficulty doesn't do much for me.

Edited by dmaul1114, 18 November 2012 - 05:58 PM.

#1793 pimpinc333

pimpinc333

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:28 PM

Meh. My opinion on BL2 is that it is no where near as difficult as BL. More difficult and challeging games are the reason I even play video games stilll. I was bummed out on how easy BL2 actually is.

#1794 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:00 PM

To each their own. If all games were hard I'd have quit gaming long ago. I get enough challenge in my career, running etc. and turn to hobbies like gaming to just veg out and relax. Not challenge myself further and just get frustrated when I need to relax and de-stress.

I love BL2 to as it's not that hard and its easy to veg out and relax wandering around doing quests. Even TVHM isn't that bad once I got some good purple weapons from golden keys.

#1795 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:56 PM

To me the only game that has done difficult well in recent memory was Dark Souls. You were happy with your victory and you didn't feel the difficulty was cheap.

#1796 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:37 PM

Meh. My opinion on BL2 is that it is no where near as difficult as BL. More difficult and challeging games are the reason I even play video games stilll. I was bummed out on how easy BL2 actually is.

You think due to the second wind nature Gearbox built around Borderlands 2? I went down a lot as a Berserker but normally would come back. Most of the time though I chose quests that were trivial but yeah co-op also amps up the difficulty in B2, badass enemies everywhere lol. Although I can see buddies rezing fallen allies then too.

Edited by Spybreak8, 19 November 2012 - 02:02 PM.

N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#1797 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:09 PM

IMO Borderlands 2 is much harder than Borderlands 1. In B1 if you do sidequests at all, by the time you're a few hours into the game you've outpaced the enemies by so much that you're basically never in danger of dying again. Borderlands 2 actually stays at least moderately challenging, especially in PT2.

#1798 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:31 PM

http://www.youtube.c...v=uWdeDm4qfd8#!

#1799 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:57 PM

I downloaded the dlc but its not popping up as a new town or undiscovered mission. Anyone wanna team up later? I have the majority of you guys on my friends list just invite me even if I'm not on borderlands.

#1800 kklems

kklems

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:12 PM

Go to time travel station and you will see the new area. It is titled something like badass badlands. And god damn if I didn't get hit with badass rank reset when I started the game up last night to play the new dlc. Fuck you borderlands and I never play bl2 online with others. Strictly a bl2 issue which they blame on the unreal 3 engine.