Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Borderlands 2 - Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep - 6/25 - 800 pts.

• Please log in to reply
2472 replies to this topic

#2041 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:34 AM

Just started the game, if anyone wants to play FR me on xbox live. Currently a level 11 Commando.

GT - Ken the Wizard

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee.
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#2042 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

You tell me where to be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:37 PM

2K Publishing a Borderlands 2 Retail Add-On Pack

Posted Image

Kind of weird that it only contains the first two campaign DLCs in addition to the non-campaign stuff. Is there going to be a "Add-On Pack Part 2" when all four are out? :lol:

Ryuukishi634.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#2043 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:55 PM

2K Publishing a Borderlands 2 Retail Add-On Pack

Posted Image

Kind of weird that it only contains the first two campaign DLCs in addition to the non-campaign stuff. Is there going to be a "Add-On Pack Part 2" when all four are out? :lol:

I don't get why they're doing this at all again, just going to cause confusion like it did w/Borderlands 1.

Just do a GotY Edition this fall for the people w/o broadband and/or the frugal/DLC haters.

#2044 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:48 PM

I don't get why they're doing this at all again, just going to cause confusion like it did w/Borderlands 1.

Just do a GotY Edition this fall for the people w/o broadband and/or the frugal/DLC haters.

Right, that's what I was thinking as well. Kind of like when Rockstar came out with Episodes of Liberty City as an add-on yet that came out in the holiday season, (understandable for the timing there).
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#2045 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:10 PM

Sorry to ask this in here, but i couldnt find a borderlands 1 topic.

Im playing borderlands 1 and sometimes guns have a damage of 50 then it changes to something like x4. And it constantly goes back and forth between the two numbers. Does anyone know what that means?

TwitterIcon2.png the7thnumber.png

#2046 One From Zero

One From Zero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:23 PM

Number of projectiles per shot.

http://borderlands.w...om/wiki/Weapons

Spoiler

#2047 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:54 PM

Thanks for the info. One of the things im still learning is what guns to keep and which ones to get rid of. I know the colors tell me how rare they are, but im not sure the color really means its a better gun.

#2048 One From Zero

One From Zero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:30 PM

Yeah, rarity doesn't tell the entire story. "Better" is totally subjective. It's all about the balance of stats that you prefer.

Also, you will ALWAYS find a "better" gun as you progress :)

#2049 shotgunshine

shotgunshine

The People's Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:09 PM

I haven't played this game in forever because I get motion sickness after playing for like 30 minutes. Very few games do that to me...I don't even recall the first borderlands making me sick. Might have to trade it...it's a great game to.

jukeboxtimebomb.png

#2050 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:22 AM

I haven't played this game in forever because I get motion sickness after playing for like 30 minutes. Very few games do that to me...I don't even recall the first borderlands making me sick. Might have to trade it...it's a great game to.

Yeah, this is the only game that has ever done that to me. I don't recall the first game having the same effect. Something about the head bob or maybe the field of vision changed some, but something is definitely off compared to other games.

Of course that's not gonna stop me from playing. My Gunnars tend to help.

#2051 parKer

parKer

CheapyT Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:17 AM

Yeah, rarity doesn't tell the entire story. "Better" is totally subjective. It's all about the balance of stats that you prefer.

Also, you will ALWAYS find a "better" gun as you progress :)

What I find difficult is parting with a gun/shield (that I've had for a while) because my character "outgrew" it. I think I spent half of my playing time going through inventory and comparing item stats. :lol:

I got motion sick with Fallout 3, but surprisingly, not Borderlands 2. I'm OK when playing, but if I'm watching someone else play, ugh.
26.2 | 13.1

:ps3: Tomb Raider (MP only)
:ps3: PS+ IGC

#2052 shotgunshine

shotgunshine

The People's Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:29 AM

Yeah, this is the only game that has ever done that to me. I don't recall the first game having the same effect. Something about the head bob or maybe the field of vision changed some, but something is definitely off compared to other games.

Of course that's not gonna stop me from playing. My Gunnars tend to help.

Well, at i'm glad to see i'm not the only one! I haven't played this game in months. I really like it but it isn't cool getting sick from it. I keep saying i'll go back to it and haven't. I might sell it now and wait until it is cheap and then get it.

Edit: In my lifetime, i've had maybe 2 or three games, that have given me motion sickness. It sucks that this game is one of them.

jukeboxtimebomb.png

#2053 One From Zero

One From Zero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:47 AM

What I find difficult is parting with a gun/shield (that I've had for a while) because my character "outgrew" it. I think I spent half of my playing time going through inventory and comparing item stats. :lol:

:lol: I've thought the exact same thing many many times.

#2054 crimsongrey06

crimsongrey06

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:29 PM

:lol: I've thought the exact same thing many many times.

that's what bank characters are for ;)

Currently Playing:

War for Cybertron

Fall of Cybertron

#2055 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:38 PM

Thats the same thing i do in borderlands 1. Then when i get a capacity upgrade i think cool more room. Then i just end up getting that many more guns to compare and ponder over. Which really isnt a good thing.

#2056 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

You tell me where to be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:04 AM

I try not to spend too much time on curating my inventory. There will always be something better down the line!

#2057 Dark Lord Greg

Dark Lord Greg

The Urban Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:40 AM

yeah I learned to let go of guns that I don't use much even if they are good or like them because I would run around right on the inventory limit all the time and had to spend 15 minutes deciding what to drop when I found a better gun/shield/class mod

Dark+Lord+Greg.png

#2058 parKer

parKer

CheapyT Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:15 AM

that's what bank characters are for ;)

I had a mule, but then I stopped using it. Twinking takes up even more play time. Much easier for me to just get rid of equipment that goes unused or that will never be used by my main characters. The GearBox Software forums are full of equipment hoarders with bank characters. Just not my thing.
26.2 | 13.1

#2059 One From Zero

One From Zero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:06 AM

Since I want to keep the best legendary/pearl of each type I've also resorted to mules.

I will say there are nice side-benefits, though. A powerleveled mule with team ammo-regen or rare items is a great ally to have sitting in the basement while soloing Crawmerax! Almost makes up for having to play split screen :)

#2060 parKer

parKer

CheapyT Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:21 AM

Yeah, my mule is now just a carrier for legendaries only. Also makes for an easier game/character save file that I back up onto a USB thumb drive. I power-leveled it and brought it along on boss fights so I could get more eridium to buy storage space from Crazy Earl lol.
26.2 | 13.1

#2061 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:49 PM

Borderlands 2 was awarded Action Game of the Year at the D.I.C.E. Awards -- this calls for some SHiFT codes to celebrate!

PC / Mac SHiFT Code for 5 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2: C3CBT-RC3XW-9WF33-BTJ3T-SB99J
Xbox 360 SHiFT Code for 5 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2: C3CTB-XK695-33Z3R-W6BTB-XJC36
PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code for 5 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2: 53WBJ-T6Z5B-WWWCJ-HBKBB-THTR6

These codes will be active through February 10. Be sure to redeem them before then!

Might plop that game in the system over the weekend.
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#2062 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:53 PM

Tried the xbox 360 code and it says, please enter valid code.

#2063 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:11 PM

Nice interview with Pitchford. Level Cap seems to be maybe a no go? He sometimes double talks so I am not sure.

http://venturebeat.c...l-cap-increase/

#2064 One From Zero

One From Zero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:29 PM

Tried the xbox 360 code and it says, please enter valid code.

Must be entered in-game from SHiFT menu.

#2065 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:35 PM

Must be entered in-game from SHiFT menu.

haha my bad, looks like a xbox live code.

#2066 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

You tell me where to be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:41 PM

Worked fine for me. That's like 90+ keys I've redeemed so far. :lol:

I don't even know when I'll get to use them since I've already got all level 50 orange stuff. Whenever they finally raise the level cap or add a new class I guess.

#2067 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:49 PM

Worked fine for me. That's like 90+ keys I've redeemed so far. :lol:

I don't even know when I'll get to use them since I've already got all level 50 orange stuff. Whenever they finally raise the level cap or add a new class I guess.

Well according to Pitchford raising the level class could actually blow your Xbox up. Seems like BS talk to me.

GamesBeat: Especially with my Commando, there’s all these skill tree combinations that I want to do that I just need a few more skill points to get to.

Pitchford: That’s by design. Some of those things start to become game-breaking. This has actually created a huge problem for us. We designed the skills really well this time, but we did, for better or for worse, make a lot of the decisions with the knowledge that there will be no more skill points available to put into any trees after you reach level 50. We knew the impossible configurations. Some of the design exploits that. Some of the impossible configurations, if they were possible, would break the game. Sometimes very literally. “Oh, that’s gonna blow memory. Your Xbox will crash.”

#2068 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

You tell me where to be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:53 PM

Pitchford says a lot of stuff. :D

On the one hand, I prefer a guy like him (or Molyneux) who speaks his mind, to a developer who just clams up or only repeats the approved talking points. On the other hand, a lot of what he says turns out to be BS. :lol:

#2069 One From Zero

One From Zero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:02 PM

Feels like the result of many "Just get it done and we'll worry about it later" decisions coming back to haunt them.

I guess they could raise the cap and resort to blacklisting certain skill combos that they feel "break the game" or exceed hardware limits. Yuck.

#2070 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:11 PM

Pitchford says a lot of stuff. :D

On the one hand, I prefer a guy like him (or Molyneux) who speaks his mind, to a developer who just clams up or only repeats the approved talking points. On the other hand, a lot of what he says turns out to be BS. :lol:

Yeah I have a love hate relationship with Pitchford. I like his accessibility as a fan but he really can be a flake sometimes.
Posted Image