Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Borderlands 2 - Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep - 6/25 - 800 pts.

• Please log in to reply
2472 replies to this topic

#2341 bordjon

bordjon

tastes good on the bun.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:17 PM

new dlc is pretty nice so far! Craploads of ammo chests and drop rates - well - *to me* seem better. I'm seeing a decent amount of blue and purple and I'll be damn if me and my nephew didn't get a vanilla bee about an hour or so into it from one of the large treants. Can't complain about that.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#2342 WalkinPneumonia

WalkinPneumonia

Professional Cheap @$$

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:15 PM

Thanks for posting your results. I'll go ahead and give it a shot as well.

People not having this problem might also consider checking their Borderlands 2 folder for multiple compatibility packs. Easy way to free up a half gig or so of storage.

Thanks, I didn't realize it didn't overlay the previous one. 

Posted Image

#2343 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Archaic kinds of fun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:53 PM

This download is taking forever.

Heads: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=HNF3TYxjZxc

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#2344 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:09 AM

new dlc is pretty nice so far! Craploads of ammo chests and drop rates - well - *to me* seem better. I'm seeing a decent amount of blue and purple and I'll be damn if me and my nephew didn't get a vanilla bee about an hour or so into it from one of the large treants. Can't complain about that.

What level were you?

N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#2345 bordjon

bordjon

tastes good on the bun.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:17 AM

What level were you?

lvl 56

Posted ImagePosted Image

#2346 InsertCoin

InsertCoin

Player One

• Trading Ban

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:03 AM

Probably the 2nd best expansion they made
You have 7 Continues Left. Press START to continue... 9...8...7!

#2347 FrankySox

FrankySox

4 more than Lebron

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:03 AM

Probably the 2nd best expansion they made

The first being...?  I just downloaded the season pass a couple days ago and have been playing through the Pirate one.  I did the same thing with the first one, played the campaign through once then really got into once all the DLC was out.  Not sure why I didn't learn my lesson the first time because this game is awesome.

I'm currently trying to level up since I started the true vault hunter mode and I'm having trouble getting through the first DLC I started.

CAREER STATS: 521 HR, .301 BA, .419 OBP, 2 MVPs, 0 STEROIDS
Posted Image Posted Image

#2348 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:03 AM

lvl 56

Yeah initially I played with my Siren who just got to level 30 and I didn't find squat.

Just played as my level 50 Gunzerker and I was getting purple, blues and some sweet artifacts so definitely depends on your level.

Wow yeah the Ghost Kings were easier but still a pain in the ass to take out with their relentless skeleton goons supporting 'em.

N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3

#2349 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Archaic kinds of fun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:36 PM

Played through the story and a few sidequests last night, my level 50 Mechro didn't even get promoted to 51 yet. :P

Anyone want to group up tonight for Murderlin's arena and/or the raid boss?

#2350 InsertCoin

InsertCoin

Player One

• Trading Ban

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:06 PM

The first being...?  I just downloaded the season pass a couple days ago and have been playing through the Pirate one.  I did the same thing with the first one, played the campaign through once then really got into once all the DLC was out.  Not sure why I didn't learn my lesson the first time because this game is awesome.

I'm currently trying to level up since I started the true vault hunter mode and I'm having trouble getting through the first DLC I started.

Mr torques dlc was the best IMO of course
You have 7 Continues Left. Press START to continue... 9...8...7!

#2351 Trakan

Trakan

Mark IV Style Motherfucker!

• Super Moderators

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:12 PM

Torgue was good as far as humor and characters, but gameplay wise it was horrible.  I hate vehicle combat.

#2352 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:21 AM

Claptrap's quest was hilarious. Yeah interestingly there are no vehicles in this DLC, which would make sense, so far.

#2353 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:43 PM

Gearbox lieing again? I thought this was supposed to be the largest DLC they ever made? People are beating it in 6+ hours, General Knoxx was a helluva lot longer then that.

With that said I haven't tried this yet, but heard lots of good things outside of length.

#2354 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Archaic kinds of fun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:48 PM

Depends on exactly what you mean by "beat." I would say you're going to spend 5-7 hours on the main story and acquiring all of the achievements, if you have a good co-op group and/or play the raid boss on PT1 instead of PT2.

Unlike the previous DLCs though, you can get all of the achievements in Dragon Keep and still have a lot of optional quests and activities left over.

#2355 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:41 PM

Played 3+ hours with a buddy last night.  Very enjoyable so far, other than we got stuck trying to get to the 3rd letter in the Dwarven mine section.  Watched a video, and it looks like we might have just missed a set of stairs in all our wandering around in circles when tired from playing too late! :D

3DS Friend Code: 2595-0524-8826

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#2356 bordjon

bordjon

tastes good on the bun.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:34 PM

Played 3+ hours with a buddy last night.  Very enjoyable so far, other than we got stuck trying to get to the 3rd letter in the Dwarven mine section.  Watched a video, and it looks like we might have just missed a set of stairs in all our wandering around in circles when tired from playing too late! :D

HA! Me and my nephew got stuck in that SAME situation. Walked all over the map and then headed back to the area we had last defeated enemies and sure enough - there's a little alleyway and some stairs leading down. The mines certainly are a bit confusing.

I'm really enjoying the dlc. I think I'm pretty close to beating it now. I've really enjoyed the humor. Best humor for me so far. May be the best dlc. I'm a sucker for medieval fantasy though I suppose. I got a blue "lightning bolt" grenade (red text) yesterday - pretty cool! While I haven't beaten this yet (so I haven't experienced the final loot) I'd rate it up there maybe at the top. Torgue was my least favorite - by a long shot.

Gearbox might be talking about just BL2 biggest dlc? Nothing has beaten Knoxx yet - that was an amazing dlc.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#2357 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Archaic kinds of fun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:40 PM

I got a blue "lightning bolt" grenade (red text) yesterday - pretty cool!

I don't know what class you're playing but one of my favorite things about this DLC is the slightly-unhinged way that Gaige shouts, "Lightning BOLT!" when you have that grenade equipped. :D

I enjoyed the D&D trappings of this DLC a lot. The Torgue and Hammerlock DLCs were fun but had a little bit of a Borderlands-by-numbers feeling, so this was a nice change of scenery.

#2358 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:48 PM

Yeah you never know because some people just like to run through the game and "beat" the thing the quickest they can. I like to explore, I don't mind taking on a challenging few enemies the opposite direction of where I need to go. Sidequests, lol well yeah I do a lot of those too. I played the DLC for 9 hours total, started with mid level Siren and then started again as my higher level Gunzerker as I hit a difficulty wall.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, hmmm anyone know how to beat the My Dead Brother side quest?!

Spoiler

The ending:

I FELL OFF TWICE! 100 health Boss reset. (*(&^#&^&#&@&@*#&^@&#@@!

Finally, I took him out!

Edited by Spybreak8, 28 June 2013 - 02:51 AM.

#2359 bordjon

bordjon

tastes good on the bun.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:33 AM

Just beat it. Really nice final boss battle. Tough as crap for me and my nephew(UVHM). Conference Call drop (lvl 58)! I always wondered what a cc was like - now I know!

We just went through the main quest - I think we did two side quests - but we'll be going back and doing the side quests as we both enjoyed this dlc. Length seems good to me - sure I'd take longer but I'm not really complaining.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, hmmm anyone know how to beat the My Dead Brother side quest?!

Spoiler

Spoiler

I don't know what class you're playing but one of my favorite things about this DLC is the slightly-unhinged way that Gaige shouts, "Lightning BOLT!" when you have that grenade equipped. :D

I play as the siren and her lightning bold and fireball voices aren't anything too exciting. I like Gaige's voice acting a lot though. Is it the same person that does Tiny Tina?

Posted ImagePosted Image

#2360 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:51 AM

Ahhh, that would explain it. Yeah DLC was pretty freakin' hilarious, tons of fan fare here. Bunch of side quests and challenges left but man oh man the last fight was a pain. I seriously had the Handsome Sorcerer down to 25% health and got knocked off the edge, health reset and then again at I swear 5%, health reset.

Got a level 50 orange Legendary Conference Call though but yeah this entire DLC was very lackluster on "loot". There may be a time when loot is referenced and yet I'm just picking up money...

#2361 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Archaic kinds of fun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:21 AM

I play as the siren and her lightning bold and fireball voices aren't anything too exciting. I like Gaige's voice acting a lot though. Is it the same person that does Tiny Tina?

According to Wiki, Gaige is someone called Cherami Leigh who's done a bunch of anime. Tina is voiced by Ashly Burch from Hey Ash Watcha Playin', and sister of the game's writer Anthony Burch.

#2362 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:40 PM

Came across this, for those wondering voice actors and all.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Yr-7_602kP8

#2363 One From Zero

One From Zero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:43 AM

Thought this looked cool... Cross-posting for those not following the SHiFT thread over in the C&FS forum.

Saw these over at SD/orcz:

(Active until/thru 7/17)

GamesMaster Rewards SHiFT codes for -

(1) purple Bandit rocket launcher

(1) purple Love Thumper shield

(2) random blue or purple relics

(Items redeemed by first character loaded)

more info

PS3: WTKB3-WW35J-6RCCT-ZTW3B-RJKZZ

X360: 5JWBB-3KKWC-TS63J-J3TJT-9XTJ6

PC / Mac: CB5JB-WBHK9-5CHT6-KXB3B-TBJSX

#2364 One From Zero

One From Zero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:10 AM

Wow. Borderlands 2 just hit 800 msp as part of this weeks XBL "Ultimate Game Sale"

#2365 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:56 PM

Wow. Borderlands 2 just hit 800 msp as part of this weeks XBL "Ultimate Game Sale"

We're not using that unit anymore, it's $10.  :razz:  Get this game now people, best bang for your buck in a while! :joystick:   :twoguns:

#2366 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Archaic kinds of fun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:15 PM

All of the DLC save Tiny Tina and the costume packs is supposed to be on sale this week too, though I think the prices have not all updated yet.

#2367 One From Zero

One From Zero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:38 PM

Was surprised to see Krieg on sale for 400 MSP (assuming that's what Major Nelson meant by "Psycho Bandit"). xbox.com doesn't seem to reflect this yet, though. Must.still.resist.

also-

New heads and skins out today

New title update today

#2368 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:58 PM

Haha oh wow, sorry for those that paid $10 for Krieg recently.

#2369 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Archaic kinds of fun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:01 PM

Haha oh wow, sorry for those that paid $10 for Krieg recently.

It's actually still not discounted (I keep checking like every hour :) ), so Major Nelson may have been incorrect about which DLCs were going to be on sale.

#2370 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:40 AM

For anyone interested, Borderlands 2 trades in for $12.xx on Amazon right now.  $2.xx profit to make your copy digital.

http://www.amazon.co...k:Borderlands 2

Want to get in on a FREE HDTV or $440 cash?  Join the Conga Line fun right here through CAG! 

http://www.cheapassg...-in-on-the-fun/