Fallout 3 Collector's Editions (360/PC) $29.99 + FS Amazon

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#31 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 01:32 AM

Not actually. I believe the Dawn of War games are GFWL + Steam. Dirt 3 also had a steam key with certain video card purchases.

Most of the time it is one or the other though

I see. So it's a case by case basis. I'll keep that in mind when I look to buy a PC game soon to test my new build I just finished a few days ago. I'm thinking about waiting for Rage to give it a good test though my StarCraft II would probably suffice.

#32 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 02:02 AM

Yeah there are some games that are both... GFWL's advantage obviously being you get XBL achievements.

233526.png

https://www.facebook...stractedRealism (pinup/boudoir/etc)
https://www.facebook...ulhaPhotography (scenery/families/babies/etc)

#33 styl3s

styl3s

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:10 AM

Son of a bitch i always miss out on the F3 CE deals GRRRR

#34 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:18 AM

Anyone buy this earlier and try to get a credit back with the price dropped?

I bought the PC version Tuesday and it shipped today (Wednesdy) then the price dropped from $39.99 which i paid to $29.99

I contacted Amazon and they said this:

Spoiler

Are they getting more strict with giving credits out? My order literally shipped 6 hours ago

#35 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Captain fuckin' Marvel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:21 AM

If I was you I'd contact another CSR.

#36 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:30 AM

If I was you I'd contact another CSR.

I don't want to get my account blacklisted for complaining too much. I usually only contact them in situations like this if I haven't received my order yet... but the link that they posted about price guarantees make me feel like they are taking a strong stance about not doing retroactive price adjustments.

I could threaten to refuse shipment and repurchase but I'd hate to do that

#37 oregon

oregon

CAG Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 06:08 AM

I don't want to get my account blacklisted for complaining too much. I usually only contact them in situations like this if I haven't received my order yet... but the link that they posted about price guarantees make me feel like they are taking a strong stance about not doing retroactive price adjustments.

You're not going to get a complainer flag, lol i doubt thier CRM tool has that checkbox, just contact another rep and explain u dont want to retun/buy again, theyll hook you up.

Amazon CSR rule: If at first you dont succeed, try atleast one more time.

#38 ferrari91169

ferrari91169

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 09:01 AM

First time I contacted them through chat, I got the same runaround. This was back on July 29th, as I had ordered it on July 28th for $39.99, and on July 29th it was a lightning deal for $29.99. I went through chat, and was told the same thing. There is no post-order price match for any items ordered, you receive the cheapest price when your item ships, and aren't eligible for any refunds even if it changes mere minutes after your item ships.

Right after that, I left the chat and sent an email instead, and never heard back from them...I guess they may have merged it into the chat log maybe and thought that it was a solved issue since I sent it around the same time. I'd decided just to drop it after that...

Until today when it showed as $29.99 without being a lightning deal. So again I contacted them through email, and received a rather quick response, and though I got the same message, I did receive the refund.

The message was as follows:

Spoiler

Usually with Amazon CSR's it varies greatly with each different CSR, and eventually you'll get one that agree's with you. Also, in my message I didn't really "threaten" to refuse the package and order a new one, I just mentioned it. Said something along the lines of, "I understand if you are unable to give out a refund, so would my best choice be to refuse shipment, and re-order at the current price?" But that's all I said about it. I don't really see it as a threat anyway, because I have been specifically told twice in the past to do just that by CSR's when the price is lowered on an item that I purchased a day or two after it ships.

Sorry for ranting BTW, and going off topic, just trying to help.

#39 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:35 PM

There are 557 Xbox 360 editions back in stock at Amazon for those that are still interested.

#40 Fernando Rocker

Fernando Rocker

Nintendo Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:44 PM

There are 557 Xbox 360 editions back in stock at Amazon for those that are still interested.

Thank you, good sir!

I just grabbed a copy... finally!

#41 Hinoshiko

Hinoshiko

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:21 PM

Where the hell is the PS3 version? Grrrrr, nice post though.

#42 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:57 PM

its back in stock. I have 1500/1500 fallout 3 so the urge really isnt there. Fun as all heck, but $30 for a tin and a bobblehead...yeesh
(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#43 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 06:09 PM

I bit, its something to add to my collection
(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#44 MSI Magus

MSI Magus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 06:15 PM

Heh freaking sweeet! Apparently I had a $27 Amazon credit still I didnt know about, means this only cost me $3!
When the rest of the world is crazy it just does not pay to be sane! - Captain Lerner
Government is the enemy, until you need a friend - Bill Cohen
Tea baggers keep saying they want their country back, well I say I want mine forward - Bill Maher
Id rather be hated for what I am then loved for what I am not - The Miz

#45 irighti

irighti

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 06:24 PM

thanks for the thread. I had been beating myself up about not picking this up when I had a chance for around the same price last year. I have wanted the lunchbox and bobblehead for some time.

#46 screwkick

screwkick

\m/ >< \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 06:46 PM

Thanks OP. Was a gold box deal a week or so ago, then price jumped to $59.99. Glad to see it's back at $29.99. In for one. The bobblehead and lunch box alone are worth $30 IMO.

#47 steelcurtain11

steelcurtain11

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:35 PM

Anyone know if the New Vegas CE for 360 is going to drop to $30 at all?
Willing to trade: RAGE steam key, Brink steam key, Dota2 keys, Metro 2033 steam key.
Want: Xbox stuff, WoW time, any other offers.

#48 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:38 PM

It's been $30 for months at Gamestop. I think the Amazon lightning deal for $39.99 last week was the lowest it's been there.

#49 Ray5555

Ray5555

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 09:05 PM

510 left after I bought mine for the xbox 360

#50 Fernando Rocker

Fernando Rocker

Nintendo Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 09:08 PM

Speaking on CE games... any chance of Tron dropping to $30? It's been at $40 for weeks.

#51 Ray5555

Ray5555

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 09:08 PM

It's that price at gamestop. It is retailing for $29.99 for the 360

#52 Glasscocked

Glasscocked

CAG title goes here

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 10:01 PM

This game is a freaking classic! $30 is a great deal for what you get, the art book, the bobble head and the lunchbox are killer. Couldn't pass it up, thanks you tons OP!

#53 S0DA POPINSKI

S0DA POPINSKI

New system, but such an last gen backlog still

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:07 PM

Had to bite on this. I played Fallout and didn't really like it the first time, but I'll give it another go. Plus the extras look cool so... $30 it is...

#54 styl3s

styl3s

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:29 PM

ugh i wish they would get PS3 in i don't wanna spend $30 on the 360 or pc version.

#55 sawyerbrwnfan

sawyerbrwnfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:50 AM

Got it for $9.99 due to having a credit. I am such a Collectors Ed freak.

#56 cager

cager

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2011 - 02:20 AM

Really not sure if I want/need this or not, I already have the platinum hits and the game of the year edition....

#57 LD_Helix

LD_Helix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2011 - 04:59 PM

Just bought myself two, thanks!

#58 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2011 - 05:07 PM

Just bought myself two, thanks!

On seperate accounts correct?

#59 LD_Helix

LD_Helix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2011 - 05:11 PM

On seperate accounts correct?

No same account, one for PC and one for xbox, got the game already just want the extras. You think they wont honor it if i got the two that way?

#60 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2011 - 05:13 PM

No same account, one for PC and one for xbox, got the game already just want the extras. You think they wont honor it if i got the two that way?

No you are absolutely fine :)

I was just seeing if they lifted the one per accout ban. I wanted a second one for PC but I think I'll just order it on my brother's Amazon account