Fallout 3 Collector's Editions (360/PC) $29.99 + FS Amazon

This may be a permanent price drop... They had the same promotion for a Lightning Deal a week ago. (Got mine today) Still, nice catch OP ;)

[quote name='iggypop123']is this the one that comes with the pip boy?[/QUOTE]

I think that was the survival one... This one just comes with the bobble head

[quote name='Jimmienoman']I think that was the survival one... This one just comes with the bobble head[/QUOTE]

No Pip Boy on this.. It's got the Bobblehead, Artbook, Making of DVD, and lunchbox.

Man I was tempted when it was a lightning deal just for the lunchbox. I already own the GotY but I really want the lunchbox to replace my lunch sack I take to work. Much cooler (to me anyway!).

[quote name='RealDeals']No Pip Boy on this.. It's got the Bobblehead, Artbook, Making of DVD, and lunchbox.[/QUOTE]

The pip boy was trash anyways, apparently (secretly want one anyways)

[quote name='xj_sky']where does it say how many are left???[/QUOTE]

just try to add 700 to your cart it will update

[quote name='xj_sky']where does it say how many are left???[/QUOTE]

Just add 9999 to your cart and it will tell you that you can only put as many as there are for sale left.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Man I was tempted when it was a lightning deal just for the lunchbox. I already own the GotY but I really want the lunchbox to replace my lunch sack I take to work. Much cooler (to me anyway!).[/QUOTE]

As long as you are not packing a cold pack in there, it should be alright. I always need a cold pack in my lunches, so the lunchbox and bobblehead just sit on top of my SDTV in my bedroom. Cool to look at nonetheless!

damn that was quick I logged in added to cart and by the time I went to check out it was gone baby gone. Pc version is still available tho, damn wjere the hell did they get these??

[quote name='Stevothepro']damn that was quick I logged in added to cart and by the time I went to check out it was gone baby gone. Pc version is still available tho, damn wjere the hell did they get these??[/QUOTE]

You know last week after that lightening deal i added 500 to my cart...

Told me the max was 372, so maybe that's what they had... but dang that sold out fast.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']amazing how 700 of these sold out in a few minutes[/QUOTE]

2,100$ or 21,000$ investment by a reseller? My math is not working today. 3x7 add 3 or 4 zeros./.....adf.addf.

I wonder if they truly did sell out since it still showed 500+ available a few minutes ago. Maybe they just pulled it temporarily because of the unusual level of activity it was receiving.

[quote name='OregonDealz']2,100$ or 21,000$ investment by a reseller? My math is not working today. 3x7 add 4 zeros./.....adf.addf.[/QUOTE]

I think it was limited to one per account. Despite being able to add as many as you wanted, once you were a couple screens past that point, it said the purchase quantity was limited and dropped the number in your cart to 1.

[quote name='OregonDealz']2,100$ investment by a reseller?[/QUOTE]
lol possibly. not a bad idea though considering that the next lowest pice is around $60 then it jumps up to $135

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']lol possibly. not a bad idea though considering that the next lowest pice is around $60 then it jumps up to $135[/QUOTE]

but 4 out of 5 times when i multiply 30x700 i get 21,000 .... LOL :bouncy:

[quote name='AFarewell2Arms']As long as you are not packing a cold pack in there, it should be alright. I always need a cold pack in my lunches, so the lunchbox and bobblehead just sit on top of my SDTV in my bedroom. Cool to look at nonetheless![/QUOTE]

Yea I put my lunch sack in the fridge at work so I would not need a cold pack. Guess I could still get the PC version if I wanted. Kinda was hoping to get it for $20 but I guess that's not happening now.

Damn, it's still stuff like this that actually really pisses me off. Been waiting for this at a good price. Not sure if somebody literally found these in the back or what but obviously Amazon could have sold these for more. At $30 I would have taken a yelling from the Wife about blowing money, lol. Oh well.

May be a stupid question but is it Steam activatible? I see the Games for Windows logo so I would suppose not. I haven't played PC games since Steam first went live and I registered my Half-Life on it so I am unfamiliar with Steam/GFW crossover if there is any.

[quote name='xGunCrazyx']Nope. I originally got the collectors edition back when it released since there was a delay on it being put on Steam for some reason. Eventually sold the CE copy and got steam version during a sale.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I figured as much. I take it it's one or the other when buying PC games then?

Not actually. I believe the Dawn of War games are GFWL + Steam. Dirt 3 also had a steam key with certain video card purchases.

Most of the time it is one or the other though

[quote name='xGunCrazyx']Not actually. I believe the Dawn of War games are GFWL + Steam. Dirt 3 also had a steam key with certain video card purchases.

Most of the time it is one or the other though[/QUOTE]

I see. So it's a case by case basis. I'll keep that in mind when I look to buy a PC game soon to test my new build I just finished a few days ago. I'm thinking about waiting for Rage to give it a good test though my StarCraft II would probably suffice.

Anyone buy this earlier and try to get a credit back with the price dropped?

I bought the PC version Tuesday and it shipped today (Wednesdy) then the price dropped from $39.99 which i paid to $29.99

I contacted Amazon and they said this:

Hi, I purchased a copy of Fallout 3: Collectors Edition for PC yesterday at $39.99. Today the price dropped to $29.99. I was hoping that because I haven't received the items yet that I could get a retroactive credit. The order # is: Order #xxx-xxxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxxx:00:22 AM
Bala:Hello, my name is Bala. I'll be happy to look into your question. 12:00:29 AM

Me:HI Bala.12:00:35 AM
Me:If it helps the product ASIN is: B0016BVYDY 12:01:36 AM

Bala:May I place you on hold for 1 to 2 minutes while I check this for you?12:02:04 AM

Me:no problem.12:02:47 AM

Bala:Thanks so much for waiting.12:11:11 AM

Me:Not a problem Bala.12:11:31 AM

Bala:I'm sure it's disappointing to see the lower price on the item you recently purchased. Our prices regularly change, and the price you paid when your order shipped on August 3 was the lowest price we were able to offer at the time. 12:13:24 AM
Bala:You can visit our pricing policies in our Help pages to read more:12:13:31 AM
Bala:http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=46850212:13:36 AM

Me:It is still August 3rd though; you don't price protect within 24 hours?12:14:23 AM

Bala:Although prices fluctuate, our service does not. 12:15:20 AM

Me:eek:kay well thank you for trying12:16:22 AM

Bala:I'm sorry for that. You can visit our pricing policies in our Help pages to read more:12:16:47 AM
Bala:http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=46850212:16:52 AM
Bala:Is there anything else I can assist you with?12:16:58 AM

Me:no i'm all set

Hi, I purchased three copies of Fallout 3: Collectors Edition for PC yesterday at $39.99 each. Today the price dropped to $29.99 each. I was hoping that because I haven't received the items yet that I could get a retroactive credit. The order # is: Order #103-1953307-018666412:00:22 AM
Bala:Hello, my name is Bala. I'll be happy to look into your question. 12:00:29 AM

Me:HI Bala.12:00:35 AM
Me:If it helps the product ASIN is: B0016BVYDY 12:01:36 AM

Bala:May I place you on hold for 1 to 2 minutes while I check this for you?12:02:04 AM

Me:no problem.12:02:47 AM

Bala:Thanks so much for waiting.12:11:11 AM

Me:Not a problem Bala.12:11:31 AM

Bala:I'm sure it's disappointing to see the lower price on the item you recently purchased. Our prices regularly change, and the price you paid when your order shipped on August 3 was the lowest price we were able to offer at the time. 12:13:24 AM
Bala:You can visit our pricing policies in our Help pages to read more:12:13:31 AM
Bala:http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=46850212:13:36 AM

Me:It is still August 3rd though; you don't price protect within 24 hours?12:14:23 AM

Bala:Although prices fluctuate, our service does not. 12:15:20 AM

Me:eek:kay well thank you for trying12:16:22 AM

Bala:I'm sorry for that. You can visit our pricing policies in our Help pages to read more:12:16:47 AM
Bala:http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=46850212:16:52 AM
Bala:Is there anything else I can assist you with?12:16:58 AM

Me:no i'm all set

Are they getting more strict with giving credits out? My order literally shipped 6 hours ago

[quote name='CaptainJoel']If I was you I'd contact another CSR.[/QUOTE]

I don't want to get my account blacklisted for complaining too much. I usually only contact them in situations like this if I haven't received my order yet... but the link that they posted about price guarantees make me feel like they are taking a strong stance about not doing retroactive price adjustments.

I could threaten to refuse shipment and repurchase but I'd hate to do that

[quote name='GBAstar']I don't want to get my account blacklisted for complaining too much. I usually only contact them in situations like this if I haven't received my order yet... but the link that they posted about price guarantees make me feel like they are taking a strong stance about not doing retroactive price adjustments.

I could threaten to refuse shipment and repurchase but I'd hate to do that[/QUOTE]

You're not going to get a complainer flag, lol i doubt thier CRM tool has that checkbox, just contact another rep and explain u dont want to retun/buy again, theyll hook you up.

Amazon CSR rule: If at first you dont succeed, try atleast one more time.

[quote name='GBAstar']I don't want to get my account blacklisted for complaining too much. I usually only contact them in situations like this if I haven't received my order yet... but the link that they posted about price guarantees make me feel like they are taking a strong stance about not doing retroactive price adjustments.

I could threaten to refuse shipment and repurchase but I'd hate to do that[/QUOTE]

First time I contacted them through chat, I got the same runaround. This was back on July 29th, as I had ordered it on July 28th for $39.99, and on July 29th it was a lightning deal for $29.99. I went through chat, and was told the same thing. There is no post-order price match for any items ordered, you receive the cheapest price when your item ships, and aren't eligible for any refunds even if it changes mere minutes after your item ships.

Right after that, I left the chat and sent an email instead, and never heard back from them...I guess they may have merged it into the chat log maybe and thought that it was a solved issue since I sent it around the same time. I'd decided just to drop it after that...

Until today when it showed as $29.99 without being a lightning deal. So again I contacted them through email, and received a rather quick response, and though I got the same message, I did receive the refund.

The message was as follows:

Hello,

Thanks for contacting us about the recent price change on Fallout 3 Collector's Edition.

I recognize you have a choice of retailers and appreciate that you prefer to order from us. Unfortunately, we do not have a post-order price guarantee.

I've reviewed your order and see that the price change is significant from the time the item shipped.

Under the circumstances, I'll make an exception for you and issue a refund for the price difference in the amount of $10.00. You should see the refund in the next 2-3 business days.

Usually with Amazon CSR's it varies greatly with each different CSR, and eventually you'll get one that agree's with you. Also, in my message I didn't really "threaten" to refuse the package and order a new one, I just mentioned it. Said something along the lines of, "I understand if you are unable to give out a refund, so would my best choice be to refuse shipment, and re-order at the current price?" But that's all I said about it. I don't really see it as a threat anyway, because I have been specifically told twice in the past to do just that by CSR's when the price is lowered on an item that I purchased a day or two after it ships.

Sorry for ranting BTW, and going off topic, just trying to help.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']There are 557 Xbox 360 editions back in stock at Amazon for those that are still interested.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, good sir!

I just grabbed a copy... finally!

its back in stock. I have 1500/1500 fallout 3 so the urge really isnt there. Fun as all heck, but $30 for a tin and a bobblehead...yeesh

thanks for the thread. I had been beating myself up about not picking this up when I had a chance for around the same price last year. I have wanted the lunchbox and bobblehead for some time.

Thanks OP. Was a gold box deal a week or so ago, then price jumped to $59.99. Glad to see it's back at $29.99. In for one. The bobblehead and lunch box alone are worth $30 IMO.

[quote name='steelcurtain11']Anyone know if the New Vegas CE for 360 is going to drop to $30 at all?[/QUOTE]

It's been $30 for months at Gamestop. I think the Amazon lightning deal for $39.99 last week was the lowest it's been there.

bread's done
Back