Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Battlefield 3 - FREE for PS+ Members starting July 2nd!

Battlefield 3 BF3

• Please log in to reply
943 replies to this topic

Poll: Preferred days/times for CAG Night?

Preferred days/times for CAG Night?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2011 - 11:28 PM

If like bf2 jets will have machine guns, then missles or bombs depending on what type of plane it is. Then they will have counter measures for the in coming missles.

#32 nakanenui

nakanenui

Posted 20 August 2011 - 01:20 AM

Put $5 on it at BB. Hoping there are some nice preorder goodies there. If not my $5 will go where the deals are. The maps are going to be huge if there are jets.
NowPlaying: BF3, RFG, Disgaea3
Latest Plat: Lego HP 1-4

#33 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 20 August 2011 - 04:18 AM

Has all of the footage shown so far been off of a PC? I'm curious how well, or poorly, the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions will look and perform.

If anyone has videos of the game running on either console, can you link it?

#34 harleymandvdson

harleymandvdson

Da destroyer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2011 - 04:36 AM

Definitely getting this before MW3!

So far all we know is that people who bought Medal of Honor new when it came out will be able to get into the beta. No details on consoles but the PC beta should be ready to go soon.

What if you owned the LE but sold it later on? Will you still be able to get into the beta?

#35 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2011 - 11:08 AM

Has all of the footage shown so far been off of a PC? I'm curious how well, or poorly, the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions will look and perform.

If anyone has videos of the game running on either console, can you link it?

A Senior Engineer from DICE released a presentation regarding SPU optimization yesterday...

http://www.slideshar...r-playstation-3

I can only imagine the PS3 version will look/perform better than the 360. Obviously the PC version will be the best looking version, but reports indicate the PS3 version looks and performs quite well. Will look for some videos.

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#36 8bitArtist

8bitArtist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2011 - 08:24 PM

http://www.giantbomb...gins-eula/3616/

EightBitArtist.png

#37 Frank Deluded

Frank Deluded

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:39 PM

http://www.giantbomb...gins-eula/3616/

Well, at least that Origin stuff isn't on console. :D

#38 DOMINATOR912

DOMINATOR912

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:35 PM

Out of sheer curiosity...when you play online, do other players see your PSN ID or your EA Master ID? I guess this could apply to all EA games, but I haven't played an EA game online since before the whole Master ID thing was around.

#39 enufs8d

enufs8d

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2011 - 05:25 AM

Out of sheer curiosity...when you play online, do other players see your PSN ID or your EA Master ID? I guess this could apply to all EA games, but I haven't played an EA game online since before the whole Master ID thing was around.

psn id on ps3.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#40 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2011 - 12:04 PM

New Video:

G-ukxgldpOo

#41 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 12:55 PM

Some gameplay footage mixed in with explanations as to why DICE doesn't lock the game at 60 and instead chooses 30 FPS.

JYe7hDbJ6tQ

#42 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2011 - 10:39 PM

EA: Battlefield 3 has 1.25 million pre-orders

We’ve previously toyed around with the idea of Battlefield 3 pre-orders topping 1 million units before launch, but it’s always hard to tell when there are no official numbers. Well, now there are, as EA CFO Eric Brown revealed during the Citi Tech Conference. Brown said that Battlefield 3 so far has been pre-ordered 1.25 million times, which is above all expectations, and certainly more than any other Battlefield game.

Brown also said that EA has a head start on Modern Warfare 3, something they plan on taking advantage of. Brown said:

“We have the advantage of a two-and-a-half week early launch window versus our competitor, and we intend to use that.”

On top of that, Brown revealed that the marketing campaign for Battlefield 3 is bigger than that of the upcoming and much anticipated MMO Star Wars: The Old Republic.

It was previously reported, but unconfirmed, that Battlefield 3 pre-orders had surpassed 700,000 units, a number which was 10 times that of the previous Battlefield game, Bad Company 2. If you still haven’t pre-ordered, check out our list of pre-order deals currently available.

Also: No mounted machine guns in Battlefield 3

#43 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2011 - 12:50 PM

99DsUd7W4f4

#44 combatFlexo

combatFlexo

Who are those guys?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2011 - 03:21 AM

Cannot wait for this game to come out. COD is going to take a back seat this year.

#45 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2011 - 03:21 PM

"Long standing classic Battlefield game modes Conquest and Rush are back in Battlefield 3, together with interesting new additions to make this our broadest and deepest Battlefield yet. From the close quarters infantry combat of Team Deathmatch and Squad Deathmatch to objective driven all-out vehicle warfare – Battlefield 3 has it all. All of the 9 huge multiplayer maps in Battlefield 3 adapt to all 5 game modes, effectively giving you 45 distinctly different multiplayer experiences to choose between. Without further ado, here are the five available multiplayer modes at launch in detail. What they are, what their respective goals are, and how they play."

So many details...I HIGHLY suggest you hit the link and check it out :D

http://blogs.battlef...xplained.aspx##

#46 enufs8d

enufs8d

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2011 - 07:17 PM

no new game modes, if you played bfbc2. im sad that I can't blow up mcoms with my mines anymore (or tank shells). i noticed that I have almost have more mine kills (560+) than dogtags (590+). yikes!

-------------------------
If you are familiar with this game mode from Battlefield: Bad Company 2, you might want to know we are refining it for Battlefield 3 in a number of ways, based on player feedback. Some of the gameplay tweaks we are bringing to Rush are:
* You cannot use explosives or shoot at the M-COM to take it out. Only arm and disarm.
* If the attacking team arms the M-COM but runs out of tickets, the match will continue until the M-COM detonates or defenders disarm it
* If the defenders start disarming an M-COM just before it’s about to blow, the explosion is prevented until the disarm is accomplished. If the defender gets killed during the disarm process, the M-COM will instantly blow
-------------------------

Posted Image

Posted Image

#47 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 15 September 2011 - 07:42 PM

Aww, but I liked going 30-0 by blowing up mcoms with a tank. So funny when defenders would rush to disarm the bomb because I would cause it to flash from shelling lol.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#48 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2011 - 11:25 AM

Aww, but I liked going 30-0 by blowing up mcoms with a tank. So funny when defenders would rush to disarm the bomb because I would cause it to flash from shelling lol.

For which I'm thankful they made the above changes :P Really can't wait for this. Yes, COD has that fast-paced, no skill, just react type of gameplay that is fun at first...but I want a deeper online multiplayer experience.

#49 AdmrlBalls

AdmrlBalls

Beefcake pantyhose

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2011 - 01:00 PM

For which I'm thankful they made the above changes :P Really can't wait for this. Yes, COD has that fast-paced, no skill, just react type of gameplay that is fun at first...but I want a deeper online multiplayer experience.

So, as someone who has never played any Battlefield games before, what is it supposedly that makes this game better or deeper than COD's online multiplayer experience?

I'm not opposed to the idea of getting both games. I'd prefer to rent B3 first to try it out before I just buy into the hype, but since EA requires an Online Pass, that pretty much hoses that idea.

Has the Open Multiplayer Beta been dated yet?

AdmrlBalls.png

#50 Trakan

Trakan

Mark IV Style Motherfucker!

• Super Moderators

Posted 16 September 2011 - 01:08 PM

You die pretty quickly in BC2, and I heard they either upped weapon damage or lowered the health for 3. It's going to be more like COD.

So, as someone who has never played any Battlefield games before, what is it supposedly that makes this game better or deeper than COD's online multiplayer experience?

It's not really. They're very alike. This game has much bigger maps, vehicles, and stuff like buildings can be demolished. It also runs at 30 FPS on consoles.

#51 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2011 - 01:20 PM

You die pretty quickly in BC2, and I heard they either upped weapon damage or lowered the health for 3. It's going to be more like COD.

It's not really. They're very alike. This game has much bigger maps, vehicles, and stuff like buildings can be demolished. It also runs at 30 FPS on consoles.

BLASPHEMY! :P It's small touches such as player weight/movement, bullet drop, sniping, player reactions to explosions...in greater detail, the player feels heavier (in a more realistic "I'm carrying 80 lbs of shit on my back" type of realism). The player moves and reacts to the environment, for example, explosions. The player actually move sin the opposite direction (naturally) and is "shocked" by the explosion.

Where as in COD you see the explosions but your character keeps running/moving as though there was no blast radius, just flashy.

That's my view, but for the most part I liked the slightly slower pace of BC2 compared to MW2.

EDIT: I guess it just "feels" more real...things seem far more logical in BF3 than in MW3.

#52 Trakan

Trakan

• Super Moderators

Posted 16 September 2011 - 01:54 PM

From what I've read, bullet drop is practically non-existent now and the whole "waddling underwater" feel of the game is gone.

Both of which are positives in my book.

#53 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 16 September 2011 - 02:44 PM

From what I've read, bullet drop is practically non-existent now and the whole "waddling underwater" feel of the game is gone.

Both of which are positives in my book.

Drop is gone? Well there goes skill from being a sniper. There was nothing quite as rewarding as getting those long range marksman headshots on a moving target. Calculating distance, drop, lead, and accounting for lag in real time while managing sway made being a sniper a lot of fun.

I can't really comment on MW vs BF, because I never got past the awful SP campaigns in MW. From what I understand BF requires teamwork to win, though. While I know I've single-handed given a win to my team in BF before, most of the time it is a group effort usually involving flanking or being fearless.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#54 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2011 - 03:07 PM

I'd still like to see how much bullet drop there is. In early previews they touted it still being in the game in good-effect.

#55 Trakan

Trakan

• Super Moderators

Posted 16 September 2011 - 03:58 PM

Drop is gone? Well there goes skill from being a sniper. There was nothing quite as rewarding as getting those long range marksman headshots on a moving target. Calculating distance, drop, lead, and accounting for lag in real time while managing sway made being a sniper a lot of fun.

I can't really comment on MW vs BF, because I never got past the awful SP campaigns in MW. From what I understand BF requires teamwork to win, though. While I know I've single-handed given a win to my team in BF before, most of the time it is a group effort usually involving flanking or being fearless.

Again, I think BC2 and COD were the same in this regard. I went in with just me and one or two other teammates and we won easily.

#56 nakanenui

nakanenui

Posted 17 September 2011 - 12:33 AM

BC2 was one game where teamwork definitely helped or hindered the action, because a run n gun usually got you killed, and if anyone spawned on you they would die too. If you had 1-2 members who watched each other's back, you last a lot longer (and medic could revive everyone). The lone wolf type would just be easy kills.

In MW2 (from my experience) a good player could single handed destroy the other team, and carry the rest of his squad with minimal assistance (kill streaks really changed the game). MW2 also had crappy spawn dynamics where you could predict spawn points and as long as you stayed outside the area could spawncamp all day. At least in BC2 you could jump in a vehicle and at get out of being camped (and your team can spawn on you to capture a point to spawn elsewhere). In MW2 getting camped is like: spawn, die, spawn, die, repeat.

Different types of approaches for the same genre, which is refreshing. It is hard to jump back and forth between MW2 and BC2 because of this.
NowPlaying: BF3, RFG, Disgaea3
Latest Plat: Lego HP 1-4

#57 Frank Deluded

Frank Deluded

Posted 17 September 2011 - 06:56 PM

I love the new changes they made for Rush.

I mean, arming and disarming mcom's being the only way to destroy them hinders creativity but I can see how more knowledgeable squad could exploit that and just steamroll randoms that way, as is the case a lot of times.

#58 enufs8d

enufs8d

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2011 - 06:37 AM

I love the new changes they made for Rush.

I mean, arming and disarming mcom's being the only way to destroy them hinders creativity but I can see how more knowledgeable squad could exploit that and just steamroll randoms that way, as is the case a lot of times.

I loved the creativity. why settle to just arm and disarm mcoms? there was the infamous (super cheap) c4's on the drone bombing runs. But I only used the antitank mines mcoms or the kamikaze atvs strapped with c4's approach. then theres the old fashioned tank shells or collapse the building approach.

if I were against a really good team or had a really crappy team/squads filled with snipers (im talking about atacama desert!!!), I couldnt get near the mcoms. I had to use the kamikaze atvs.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#59 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2011 - 09:02 PM

A few tweets today, first, the beta will be Multiplayer ONLY, but I think we all expected that. More importantly, the beta is rumored to be coming out THIS WEEK :D

http://mp1st.com/201...ltiplayer-only/

#60 Mad39er

Mad39er

Posted 20 September 2011 - 12:09 AM

If they keep the exact same squad system, I will cross this off my list.

My biggest gripes with Bad Company 2 and Medal of Honor was that DICE doesn't know how to properly implement explosive splash damage. For all their fanciness, I could launch an anti-tank rocket into a bunch of trees where a sniper is hiding and do jack unless I hit 'em dead on. This followed into Medal of Honor where the splash damage was non-existent. For this game to be a contender, I'm hoping they fixed the glaring issues they have with the previous incarnations.

BF3 has such potential, hope they don't screw it up.
Gran Turismo 5 B-Spec Primer - Now with colors!
"When I started racing my father told me, ‘Cristiano, nobody has three balls but some people have two very good ones'." – Cristiano Da Matta

"Any drunk can fall off a bar stool. It takes a real man to ride it all the way to the ground."

Referal for Dusk 514: