Photo
- - - - -

Madden 12 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-Week 3 live. Deadline Monday night.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16573 replies to this topic

#14311 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:13 PM

MA i could sub right now if u need one and if the league thinks it fine. would just need bv to send me the password

#14312 GpNinja

GpNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:26 PM

So are we still planning on advancing today?

#14313 ubernes

ubernes

Megacorner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:05 PM

So are we still planning on advancing today?

Yup

#14314 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:34 PM

Time to make some decisions about who's starting and who's sitting for the Pats next week. Should the Ravens lose, all the starters are out, but even if the Pats haven't clinched a bye I'm likely to rest a few guys: Ross and Gronk are sitting no matter what, as is Darius Holmes. Demaryius Thomas is also likely taking a seat. Basically anyone with an injury rating under 85. Brady will play, unless I've clinched.

33126.png

#14315 GpNinja

GpNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:47 PM

What's the rule for switching out quaterbacks during a game? I think i heard if you do they have to complete the drive? I want bradford to sit out and see how smith does.

#14316 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:00 PM

What's the rule for switching out quaterbacks during a game? I think i heard if you do they have to complete the drive? I want bradford to sit out and see how smith does.

The only restriction is you can't switch in the middle of a series without notifying your opponent. But you can certainly switch a QB in the middle of a game otherwise.

33126.png

#14317 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:29 PM

Remaining Games:

Jets-Cardinals*
Cowboys-Falcons*
Broncos-Steelers*
Colts-Vikings
Seahawks-Bills
Panthers-Saints*

Games with * have playoff implications. Any updates on these games?

33126.png

#14318 LVPatriots

LVPatriots

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:37 PM

Jets Vs. Cardinals is set for 2:15 PST
MurdaModeLV

#14319 Yanksfan

Yanksfan

Cubs Fan Too :(

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:44 PM

New England Patriots 24 - San Francisco 49ers 3

The Patriots hosted the 49ers in a snow bowl game and put up a great defensive effort in locking up their third consecutive AFC East title. This was a rare game in which 100% of the scoring was done in the first half, when the Patriots got up big early and then both defensive units played well in the second half.

The Pats opened the game by marching down the field and capping their drive with an 18 yard pass from Brady to Gronk. After a Cameron Wake interception, they added 3 more on a Gostkowski chipshot FG after the 49ers came up big at the goal line. After a 49ers punt, Cobie Ross took his first carry of the ensuing drive 67 yards for a TD. On the next 49ers drive, Jerod Mayo forced a fumble which Cameron Wake scooped and carried 20 yards for a TD. The 49ers managed a field goal after forcing a Brady fumble, to close out the half down 24-3, which would also be the final score. The Pats had another chance to score in the 3rd, but Tom Brady threw a rare red zone INT (first one this season I believe) to waste that chance.

Brady was 8 of 11 for 97 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT. He was also strip sacked.

Kaepernick was 5 of 12 for 58 yards and 1 INT.

Cobie Ross carried it 19 times for 138 yards and a score. Green-Ellis chipped in 7 carries for 42 yards as well.

Frank Gore was held in check all day, getting only 14 yards on 8 carries.

Gronk did most of the damage for the Pats, catching 6 balls for 71 yards and a TD.

Crabtree lead the 49ers with 2 catches for 26 yards.

--
gg Yanksfan, thanks for stepping in!

The Pats can lock up a first round bye with a Ravens loss this week (or any week). If that happens, look for the Pats to rest their starters the next two weeks since getting the 2 over the 1 isn't a huge deal.

I wish it was a good game. Your first drive was a thing of beauty, just complete control of the passing game. My first drive ended with that INT as you noted, which was a terrible decision by me to try to force the ball to Davis. After that and the fumble, the game was pretty much over. I couldn't catch much of a break on offense, with many passes just a touch overthrown or receivers with alligator arms, unwilling to go for it. My button responses weren't that great either, seemed like I was always switching later than I wanted, so for a lot of plays, I didn't even try.

Even with a bit better luck, I would have lost anyhow. I was thoroughly outplayed, which is why I pretty much ran the clock out in the 2nd half. I had no chemistry with SF at all, though that certainly wasn't the reason I lost.

I definitely need to play with a LB/S to stop that short little dump to Gronk if we play in the future. None of my man or zone coverage's was effective on their own. The one time I did cover him, I switched too early to the other defender and instead of picking it, just bumped Gronk off for that pass interference call.

#14320 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:19 PM

I definitely need to play with a LB/S to stop that short little dump to Gronk if we play in the future. None of my man or zone coverage's was effective on their own. The one time I did cover him, I switched too early to the other defender and instead of picking it, just bumped Gronk off for that pass interference call.

Yeah, Gronk can be deadly when I've got the timing down on that route. That's where having a QB with 100 accuracy is a big help. :D

33126.png

#14321 MasterAwesome

MasterAwesome

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:34 PM

Well I couldn't really tell if Prez was trying to tank for that draft pick or not, but my D managed to hold him to a whopping NEGATIVE 29 yards of offense. I think that count assesses sacks as negative offensive yardage, so his actual total was something like 23 yards of offense accumulated that game, but I was pretty proud nonetheless. I noticed the Raiders sticking to the ground game for way too long (when it was obvious it was ineffective) and scrambling backwards with Pryor on a couple occasions (but it looked more like he was trying to escape a sack rather than purposely giving up yardage), so that's where there was a chance he might have been tanking a little...but other than that, he was playing a pretty normal game. His D was pretty tough, got a lot of pressure on me...but mine was just insane that game. I also noticed the Raiders never came out in any formations with more than 2 WRs...which made it pretty easy since I never had to run any formations higher than Nickel. And with Jimmy Smith (96 press) and Corey Webster (90 press), I could just press those fast little sissy Raiders receivers all game and send a couple blitzers on most downs which proved to be pretty darn effective.

#14322 Yanksfan

Yanksfan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:39 PM

Damn, that is pretty nasty.

#14323 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:45 PM

Well I couldn't really tell if Prez was trying to tank for that draft pick or not, but my D managed to hold him to a whopping NEGATIVE 29 yards of offense.

Certainly sounds like it. :lol:

33126.png

#14324 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:58 PM

If I was 3-10, I'd tank too, though not make it quite that obvious.

CAGFL: (187-31)

#14325 Yanksfan

Yanksfan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:06 PM

MA's defense > any thought of him throwing a game.

He may not have made the best of decisions, but much like with my game against BV, sometimes there is just a clear division in skill for that particular game.

#14326 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:31 PM

If I was 3-10, I'd tank too, though not make it quite that obvious.

See, he smashed me in both of our games, and I'm definitely not trying to tank.

#14327 GpNinja

GpNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:32 PM

See, he smashed me in both of our games, and I'm definitely not trying to tank.

Well this just got awkward...
lol

#14328 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:44 PM

Well this just got awkward...
lol

That's why I said "trying" because it may be happening anyway ;)

#14329 ubernes

ubernes

Megacorner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:54 PM

I may just retire here. This game is shameful.

#14330 ubernes

ubernes

Megacorner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:11 PM

GG LV. It's always frustrating to lose on a few big plays. My offense was cruising and my D was solid but two 60+ yarders (one a screen which makes it all the more cringe worthy) and I was 2-3 scores behind. Pick six didn't help either. I honestly don't know if I have the heart for another one of these seasons.

#14331 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:23 PM

It's always frustrating to lose on a few big plays.

Losing sucks no matter what, but I almost prefer losing on big plays than by slowly getting picked apart drive after drive. Gives me more confidence that I'm at least doing something right. I feel better about my defense giving up 1 80 yard run than 8 10 yard runs.

As for your enthusiasm, I think that's natural towards the end of the season. The way you've evolved your defense this season, I think you'll have a very good chance at a division crown in season 4.

33126.png

#14332 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:36 PM

Remaining Games:

Cowboys-Falcons*
Broncos-Steelers*
Colts-Vikings
Seahawks-Bills
Panthers-Saints*

Are these games scheduled? Several games here I really don't want to see simmed...

33126.png

#14333 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:39 PM

I've only seen Kaster and Staticz in here lately

#14334 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:52 PM

I've only seen Kaster and Staticz in here lately

I'm without Internet until Tuesday, and my Madden disc is AWOL anyway.

#14335 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:53 PM

I'm without Internet until Tuesday, and my Madden disc is AWOL anyway.

Have you been in touch with Zurezo at all?

33126.png

#14336 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:08 AM

ive been around but my games been played lol.
was kinda hoping we would be getting thru the weeks real fast but that hasnt been the case. but im hoping the 16 and 17 week can be fast advances so i can be around for the draft. becuz playoffs usually only take 3 or 4 days tops.

#14337 Superstar

Superstar

CAG Superstar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:30 AM

Sorry I haven't been around.. it was my 1 year wedding anniversary. OG is online on xbox live right now. I asked him if he could play.

#14338 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:39 AM

That Jets loss pretty much locks in the Chargers and Steelers for the Wild Card (though not officially) Which means I'll be hosting the Steelers during Wild Card Week. Looking forward to that rematch.

#14339 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:52 AM

Have you been in touch with Zurezo at all?

No. That's my fault, I know he is sometimes tough to reach, but I haven't made an effort to contact him. Sorry about that. I haven't heard from him either.

#14340 GpNinja

GpNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:02 AM

Hey ravens champ can you play tonight if we advance?