Valkyria Chronicles 2: World Artworks $29.40 preorder @ Amazon

I'm passing on this one for now since I haven't played VC2 yet. I really should play the game since I loved VC so much but since they stuck it on the PSP, I just don't think it feels the same.

Just got the Valkyria Chronicles Design Archive. This is what an art book should be!

@Vinny You have probably heard this before, but I think Valkyria Chronicles 2 definitely does hold the standard of the first game even if it is on the PSP. You should definitely start playing it.

Someone should start a petition to bring VC3 to the States

I own the DD of VC2... I just haven't played it because it's on my PSP. However, I have the component cables and could easily hook it up to my TV and use my awesome headphones... hrmmm... after FFXIII, I may do that... or crack open Infamous 2 or Catherine (or a million other games, damn CAG!)

[quote name='punkmaggit']Pre-ordered!! Now to watch the ensuing drama LOL.[/QUOTE]

I don't know what you're talking about. I'm sure this is the art book everyone has really been waiting for. VC2 was the perfect sequel. It fulfilled all of the potential that VC1 showed on the PS3. I think in part, due to the transition to the PSP, where the series can really thrive. The story in particular came alive with it's perfect momentum and great new cast.

I see no cause for drama here...

Really though, thanks for the heads up OP. If there's one thing I'm sure of, it's that Udon can make a better sequel.

I was going to buy this off play-asia for like 60 bucks until you guys told me this the book would be released in english a few months ago. vc2 was a great game and its a great chance to get it since its amazon dotd too =D

[quote name='Relysis']I don't know what you're talking about. I'm sure this is the art book everyone has really been waiting for. VC2 was the perfect sequel. It fulfilled all of the potential that VC1 showed on the PS3. I think in part, due to the transition to the PSP, where the series can really thrive. The story in particular came alive with it's perfect momentum and great new cast.

Really though, thanks for the heads up OP. If there's one thing I'm sure of, it's that Udon can make a better sequel.[/QUOTE]

By drama he means the constant delays that the first VC art book suffered and the outrage that ensued after each one.

the drama refers to us waiting a year for it to be released and some of us having our orders canceled for by amazon due to "lack of quantity" only to have amazon relist the book the next day. And I'll tell you right now this is not the book I've been waiting for because I do not plan to get a psp thus I will never play this game. I've been waiting for the first book, and alas will have it in 2 days. You sound like you helped make VC2 or something lol, or atleast an amz cs rep trying to get us to buy the dotd.

[quote name='Relysis']I don't know what you're talking about. I'm sure this is the art book everyone has really been waiting for. VC2 was the perfect sequel. It fulfilled all of the potential that VC1 showed on the PS3. I think in part, due to the transition to the PSP, where the series can really thrive. The story in particular came alive with it's perfect momentum and great new cast.

Really though, thanks for the heads up OP. If there's one thing I'm sure of, it's that Udon can make a better sequel.[/QUOTE]

The character design for VC2 was pretty inferior to the original, but as long as this is a true "design archive" and has lots of nice concept art I'm definitely in for this.

It just guts me to know that Sega casually decided to kill off the VC franchise outside of Japan considering that VC3 looked like a return to form in every way imaginable.

lol this game isnt gonna be released forever!! they should let people who are willing to buy it buy it for like 10 buck at least right now cuz that would show we are dedicated to playing this game when it gets released. hard core fan status

[quote name='dealighted']lol this game isnt gonna be released forever!! they should let people who are willing to buy it buy it for like 10 buck at least right now cuz that would show we are dedicated to playing this game when it gets released. hard core fan status[/QUOTE]

Uhh... the game has been out for almost a year now.

[quote name='dealighted']lol this game isnt gonna be released forever!! they should let people who are willing to buy it buy it for like 10 buck at least right now cuz that would show we are dedicated to playing this game when it gets released. hard core fan status[/QUOTE]
um...what?

[quote name='XenoNinjaX']i mostly ignored the post for the first book. what was the drama about? was it constant delays?[/QUOTE]

Yep.

Retail stores were getting the book in before Amazon and Amazon had canceled most orders about 4 months before the book came out, so people had to contact CS and explain it was the same item after Amazon put the book back up.

The first book was actually in my Gold Box the other day, so I placed an order (again). It was "In stock" and still says "In stock" yet it hasn't shipped. It's not even being prepared. Meanwhile, the other item on the same order is here already. Ridiculous.

I emailed Udon praising them for the VC Design Archive and asking some questions about the VC2 book and this is the response I got: The Valkyria 2 book will be the same binding, cover, and paper quality. It's 304 pages this time, and I'd say this focuses more on characters (less vehicles, weapons and environments, though there is still plenty of each). The overall text-to-art ratio is roughly the same.

Sweet, down to $29.40 now - hoping it hits $23 like the last one. I'm in - here's to hoping it doesn't delay out past the expiration of my credit card.

My copy of the first one arrived today, naturally I preordered for the second game. Here's to waiting another year + some!

[quote name='driver']My copy of the first one arrived today, naturally I preordered for the second game. Here's to waiting another year + some![/QUOTE]

Same I just got mine today, and just put a order for the 2nd one with prime.

The first art book is a great buy at $26 something. This one looks decent too (less pages than the first one), but at $32! I might order it anyway...

Is there a VC3 for real? Not some joke?

I sent another email to Udon asking about a possible release date and this is what I got in response: We're aiming for December 2011. If there are any unforeseen delays, it could be early 2012.

[quote name='Serpentor']The first art book is a great buy at $26 something. This one looks decent too (less pages than the first one), but at $32! I might order it anyway...

Is there a VC3 for real? Not some joke?[/QUOTE]

yeah for PSP. Already out in Japan, and I *think* it's coming to the US. You can play as a Valkyria in it (with her full powers), though it's balanced in some regards.

[quote name='Lord_Zath']yeah for PSP. Already out in Japan, and I *think* it's coming to the US. You can play as a Valkyria in it (with her full powers), though it's balanced in some regards.[/QUOTE]

I seriously doubt it's coming to the US. It would have been announced and nearly out by now, if the time between US and JP VC2 is any indication. Sega hasn't said anything about it. It IS a PSP game, after all. They don't sell well here. The system is practically dead in the US, with the only future title of note being Persona 2.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Got mine Saturday.

Did not expect to get it.

"WTF did I order from Amazon?" was my first thought.[/QUOTE]

Just got mine today, but your reaction? My reaction when I checked my account and saw a charge for $17.26. I was freaking out going "WHAT DID I BUY?!" I even talked to Amazon's customer service about it and then I was like "... Oh..." It does look good though.

[quote name='Lord_Zath']yeah for PSP. Already out in Japan, and I *think* it's coming to the US. You can play as a Valkyria in it (with her full powers), though it's balanced in some regards.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it is... there's been no announcement and Sony's gone full Vita since release, not to mention that the PSP simply isn't all that popular here.

I'm still holding out hope for Sega to port both VC2 & VC3 to HD as part of the HD PSP line on the PS3, which actually seems to have faded away... so there's no hope for that either I guess.

Was there a reprint of VK2? I have seen a few sellers lately at ~$20, whereas it had been rising to ~$40 before.

Nm, this is the same thread from last year. It is available now though. Very coooooooooooool

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='VANDALHEART']That release date will change, constantly, like it did for the first book. Same with the Persona 3 and 4 art books, constant release date changes. Add it to your wishlist and check daily or get alerts cause you're in for disappointment if you miss out; the first Valkyria book is sweet![/QUOTE]

Reading FTW.

[quote name='SPVietBoy']Just got mine today, but your reaction? My reaction when I checked my account and saw a charge for $17.26. I was freaking out going "WHAT DID I BUY?!" I even talked to Amazon's customer service about it and then I was like "... Oh..." It does look good though.[/QUOTE]

Haha that's funny. They didn't send you an email saying it will ship out sooner than expected? They did that with me for this one and for the VC1 artbook. Well actually for all of the recent artbooks since they usually have delayed release dates.

So would those who have received the book recommend it to the people who have not ordered one? I was just curious if anyone had reviews for it yet?

[quote name='jedimario']So would those who have received the book recommend it to the people who have not ordered one? I was just curious if anyone had reviews for it yet?[/QUOTE]
Havent unwrapped it yet, but it is about half as thick as Design Chronicle. Which is odd to me considering that there were more designs and characters.

Heres a flipthrough : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrrg5xiThcw

[quote name='barrit']Haha that's funny. They didn't send you an email saying it will ship out sooner than expected? They did that with me for this one and for the VC1 artbook. Well actually for all of the recent artbooks since they usually have delayed release dates.[/QUOTE]

They did but the last one they sent didn't say anything about May... lol think it was like August haha. I felt so dumb when they said "Valkyria Chronicles: Art..." and I was like "OHHHH... Damn... -.-"

bread's done
Back