Nintendo 3DS Price Drop Hits on August 9th at Walmart

• Please log in to reply
990 replies to this topic

#271 feroca

feroca

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:21 AM

The site has been saying that all day actually. That you can "preorder now" and it ships August 12.

#272 sgaldis

sgaldis

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:22 AM

[QUOTE=omyard;8740521All I know is that there is going to be a ton of bitching between tomorrow and the actual price drop. I really want to look away, but I love seeing the misery people put themselves through because they either ignore good common sense or expect the world on a platter. The last week plus has been way too enjoyable already.[/QUOTE]

:applause:
Epic

#273 Crandellous333

Crandellous333

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:23 AM

i want a 3ds bad. but i don't want to get burned if walmart is slow to update the price. i may just hold off until the 10th. buy one, and then wait for the price to change and get an adjustment. just in case they are slow to update the retail price.

#274 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:24 AM

Online it lists the reduced price as a preorder but says that it will not ship until 8/12

We're talking about in-store, which is sometimes different than online.Anyway, I could call the closest 24-hour Walmart to where I live, but I'll be waking people up, even if I went outside.

#275 Crandellous333

Crandellous333

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:26 AM

does anyone know when walmart typically updates their retail prices? What time should i check tomorrow. I worry it will still be listed at 250 simply because they got too lazy and didn't change the price yet.

#276 zenne96

zenne96

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:33 AM

We're talking about in-store, which is sometimes different than online.Anyway, I could call the closest 24-hour Walmart to where I live, but I'll be waking people up, even if I went outside.

i just called a 24 hour walmart and they had 0 idea

#277 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:33 AM

does anyone know when walmart typically updates their retail prices? What time should i check tomorrow. I worry it will still be listed at 250 simply because they got too lazy and didn't change the price yet.

12:01 AM.The people saying a department manager has to do it are full of shit. Department managers only manually price adjust clearance items (red tagged crap). Everything else is done in Arkansas's computers.And also, just because the tag still says $249, you shouldn't leave without asking them to double check it.

#278 pandanese90

pandanese90

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:34 AM

damn i think i'll get mine after the 12th. im sure toys r us will give u a 50$ gc or 50% few games with your purchase, so i'll just go with that. gl guys

#279 Lkr721993

Lkr721993

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:35 AM

even if it does price drop for tomorrow, I still need someone to sell me on the 3DS

#280 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:35 AM

i just called a 24 hour walmart and they had 0 idea

Because you did it wrong. Tell the person who answers the phone to hit the "item inquiry key" then type in these 11 digits- 04549671922Walmart doesn't use all 12 digits of a UPC # in their system because they have an ass-backwards method.

#281 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:38 AM

And eff CAG for not automatically paragraphing on Internet Explorer. Christ.

#282 sithspawn

sithspawn

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:41 AM

Just letting everyone know. Just got back from Walmart (EDT here) and they had no clue. I had him scan it with the handheld and with the register - $250.00 every time. He also said it's bullshit that the managers have to mark things down. He said price changes come down to the store from corporate and automatically update. He also said people have been calling all day - in fact, people were calling about it while we were there.

I guess I'll jump in there some time tomorrow, but it's not looking good now...

#283 pandanese90

pandanese90

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:43 AM

its coming down the wire mates, don't look to bright. that, or a lot of the walmart workers are idiots lol

#284 Lkr721993

Lkr721993

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:43 AM

so maybe the source meant online pre-orders. what a shame :(

#285 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:46 AM

Just letting everyone know. Just got back from Walmart (EDT here) and they had no clue. I had him scan it with the handheld and with the register - $250.00 every time. He also said it's bullshit that the managers have to mark things down. He said price changes come down to the store from corporate and automatically update. He also said people have been calling all day - in fact, people were calling about it while we were there.

I guess I'll jump in there some time tomorrow, but it's not looking good now...

Like I figured. Remember, Nintendonly is always right.
As for this deal not ending up what we expected, at least I have until August 13th (exactly 15 days from my day of purchase) for me to price adjust. And there is supposed to be no tax on that day. Ya!

#286 gomikeoh

gomikeoh

I like turtles.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:51 AM

well hopefully this rumor turns out to be true...so far not hearing good feedback. :/

#287 vashtheowner

vashtheowner

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:53 AM

Because you did it wrong. Tell the person who answers the phone to hit the "item inquiry key" then type in these 11 digits- 04549671922Walmart doesn't use all 12 digits of a UPC # in their system because they have an ass-backwards method.

So pretty much at 12:01 am we should call and tell them to put that in?

#288 cr4zymanz0r

cr4zymanz0r

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:54 AM

I wonder if it's possible that the prices don't update until midnight central time (since Walmart's HQ is in Arkansas). That's just a few minutes away now

#289 shadylane

shadylane

Believe...

• CAGiversary!

Can't I just pick this up tomorrow at a bestbuy and adjust price later?

Shadylane310.png

33836.png

#290 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

well hopefully this rumor turns out to be true...so far not hearing good feedback. :/

Sithspawn has pretty much done the work that I would have done to verify the validity of this deal. Turns out it was bogus and just one of Cheapy's sources giving him a... red herring? Is that the idiomatic saying I am working for? I'm too tired.

#291 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:55 AM

Can't I just pick this up tomorrow at a bestbuy and adjust price later?

Yes.

#292 UncleBob

UncleBob

I can't wait for later in the day when Department Managers start working price changes... :D
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it."

#293 Tankinator

Tankinator

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

I was told it will be changed at 7 am and to come back then

#294 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:57 AM

I wonder if it's possible that the prices don't update until midnight central time (since Walmart's HQ is in Arkansas). That's just a few minutes away now

Unlikely. Street dated games/music/movies/books/toys/etc. are allowed to be sold at 12:01 AM in their respective time zones.

#295 zenne96

zenne96

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:58 AM

I was told it will be changed at 7 am and to come back then

what time zone r u in?

#296 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:59 AM

I can't wait for later in the day when Department Managers start working price changes... :D

Yeah, keep on spreading your misinformation. The 3DS isn't a clearance item. Arkansas handles price changes in the system for regular items, not your boss who only makes ~$0.50 more than you.

#297 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 09 August 2011 - 05:01 AM

Like I figured. Remember, Nintendonly is always right.

I'll make you a deal - if it turns out not to be correct, I'll buy you a new 3DS. If it turns out to be correct, you have to buy me a new one.
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it."

#298 Cheshire Wolf

Cheshire Wolf

CAG BALLER!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 05:02 AM

I'll make you a deal - if it turns out not to be correct, I'll buy you a new 3DS. If it turns out to be correct, you have to buy me a new one.

Damn, that's some faith in Mr. D right there.
Can a young Fuck get money anymore? - Kanye West

#299 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 05:02 AM

I don't care about a deal with you because either way I still make out.If Walmart makes the change for the 9th, I go back with my receipt and get my 80 bucks back. If not, I'll just go back on the 12th (or 13th) to get my 80 bucks back.

#300 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 09 August 2011 - 05:03 AM

I don't care about a deal with you because either way I still make out.If Walmart makes the change for the 9th, I go back with my receipt and get my 80 bucks back. If not, I'll just go back on the 12th (or 13th) to get my 80 buck back.

Yeah, I wouldn't make that deal if I didn't know what the heck I was talking about either. :D