• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 11:54 AM

Nothing doing here in VA yet

#363 crzyjoeguy

crzyjoeguy

King of Beers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 11:56 AM

just got back from my store, (bowley's quarters) baltimore, md. i asked the guy at the ipad/tablet service desk, and he went and got the dept. manager. drop in effect here, grabbed the black one. thanks cheapy
Posted Image

#364 Moonlk

Moonlk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 11:56 AM

I have four walmarts near me. Lets hope I don't crash and burn

#365 darthcollegeguy

darthcollegeguy

Posted 09 August 2011 - 11:59 AM

Just got one in New Albany, IN. At first scan it didn't show the drop, but 10 minutes later out did. The manager did see the drop, but it didn't seem like he did something special. He didn't know it was supposed to drop today

#366 Lord Helmet

Lord Helmet

Posted 09 August 2011 - 11:59 AM

Success in Tampa, FL. Young lady checked the price (still labeled at $250), and it rang up at $169.96. Thanks Cheapy.

#367 Flame Killa

Flame Killa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:01 PM

Just called my Walmart to ask if they had any 3DSs and they said they are currently looking for them in the back to do the price change.

#368 Multicron

Multicron

Extreme OCD Victim

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:07 PM

0 for 6 in Wal-Marts in Northern VA. All of them said 8/12. Doh!

#369 sithspawn

sithspawn

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:07 PM

hey posting from my shitty phone. Deal is good. Just picked up two for 169.99 each. Will post photo proof when I get to work.

FYI I'm in MI on EDT

#370 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:10 PM

Like I figured. Remember, Nintendonly is always right.

Can I get this framed? :D :D :D :D :D
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it."

#371 pandanese90

pandanese90

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:10 PM

hey that's where i just was!

You two should of made out

#372 vashtheowner

vashtheowner

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:19 PM

Can I get this framed? :D :D :D :D :D

lol you got him there.

CrimsonStorm3.png

#373 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:21 PM

It's should either be all or none, stuff like this at WalMart shouldn't be YMMV... And stores that are open 24/7 should have dropped it at midnight, shouldn't they have? And I do hope that all of you who are asking are also having them SCAN the 3DS's... I'm pissed because I had a 3DS for $212 and thought it was an awesome deal but sold it due to no games and needed to put the money elsewhere...wish I could scam the free games somehow for later.

233526.png

https://www.facebook...stractedRealism (pinup/boudoir/etc)
https://www.facebook...ulhaPhotography (scenery/families/babies/etc)

#374 CapAmerica

CapAmerica

Dead or Alive Fanboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:21 PM

The Wal-Marts in Somersworth & Portsmouth NH have the price cut in effect. :D

I'm now the proud owner of a Aqua Blue 3DS ^_^
Posted Image

Posted Image

#375 benisjamino

benisjamino

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:23 PM

Just got one in New Albany, IN. At first scan it didn't show the drop, but 10 minutes later out did. The manager did see the drop, but it didn't seem like he did something special. He didn't know it was supposed to drop today

I'm heading to the Lebanon, IN one in an hour or so. If they don't have 'em there, there is another one on the way to work lol

card.png

#376 8bitogre

8bitogre

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:23 PM

Checked two here in NE Philly, one at 7:30am and one closer to 8:00am. Both of them rang up at $250, they didn't seem to know about the price drop and told me it was "online only for the 12th". I'll check later on my lunch, give them a call prior to driving down.

#377 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:24 PM

It's should either be all or none, stuff like this at WalMart shouldn't be YMMV... And stores that are open 24/7 should have dropped it at midnight, shouldn't they have? And I do hope that all of you who are asking are also having them SCAN the 3DS's... I'm pissed because I had a 3DS for $212 and thought it was an awesome deal but sold it due to no games and needed to put the money elsewhere...wish I could scam the free games somehow for later.

It will be *all* stores - once the Department Managers work the price changes. There's a multitude of reasons why the price change isn't "automatic" and must be worked by the department manager.

Keep in mind, this wasn't something Walmart advertised as starting today. It was something that was leaked onto the internet.
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it."

#378 zenne96

zenne96

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:25 PM

Just got mine! I called 3 times b4 and they said no, but when i go there i asked them to get um, gonna play some zelda and splinter cell!

#379 Cheapie McGee

Cheapie McGee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:27 PM

You two should of made out

Everyone's so damn serious this morning...you really made me laugh with this one!
Silence is Golden...but Duct Tape is Silver :-#

#380 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:29 PM

Can a Walmart price even be YMMV ? I wonder if the people that have already tried have just gone too early, then again I never shop in Walmart.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#381 PsychoRavenX

PsychoRavenX

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:30 PM

Just picked up 3 of them at Walmart in West Haven, CT. Rang up $169 each but online still $249. Pretty much done Xmas shopping for kids now to log each in for free games. Thanx everyone for tip.

#382 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:37 PM

It will be *all* stores - once the Department Managers work the price changes. There's a multitude of reasons why the price change isn't "automatic" and must be worked by the department manager.

Keep in mind, this wasn't something Walmart advertised as starting today. It was something that was leaked onto the internet.

Yeah basically it's either a mistake or it's Walmart trying to scam Nintendo by getting a jump on the price drop and tons of sales...free advertising. Either way I can't see it going well. You'd think Nintendo would be pretty pissed off about this (and anybody else breaking the date).

233526.png

#383 Moonlk

Moonlk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:38 PM

I'll be checking my stores here in thirty minutes. Work has never been this long.

#384 vashtheowner

vashtheowner

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:41 PM

Def going to check my stores at around noon to see if the price drop goes since they still say it hasn't here.

CrimsonStorm3.png

#385 lunker

lunker

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:42 PM

Anyone know a good spot for free wifi, I tried connecting my 3ds at mcdonalds but you have to accept the terms of use with the Internet browser and when I try to get on the browser it says that's it's not available without a system update but I can't connect to update it!

If you have a Dunkin Donuts by you, try that. Failing that, your local library should have a wifi signal. You need to find a totally open wifi signal, one without browser authentication (obviously :P).

#386 Supreme0ne

Supreme0ne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:46 PM

im gonna give mine a call before i leave work and see if anything has changed
-Insert witty or meaningful quote here.-

#387 Lkr721993

Lkr721993

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:48 PM

is OoT recommended even for someone who doesn't particularly enjoy Zelda games?

#388 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:50 PM

is OoT recommended even for someone who doesn't particularly enjoy Zelda games?

Probably not, but it depends what type of Zelda games you don't like...

233526.png

#389 Supreme0ne

Supreme0ne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:50 PM

id say if you dont enjoy zelda games you wouldnt like OoT
-Insert witty or meaningful quote here.-

#390 dancrown

dancrown

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:52 PM

Cleveland (brooklyn) ohio walmart didnt have the prices in effect but had the paperwork at the register. Girl had to get a manager to do an over ride . She said "sell them all today, its ineffect and we the only ones at this price" . then she yelled at someone for not having it priced right. either way great deal and there are 3 of each color left there.