Nintendo 3DS Price Drop Hits on August 9th at Walmart

• Please log in to reply
990 replies to this topic

#451 Trance Addix

Trance Addix

AMG and M

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 02:35 PM

Get Ghost Recon at Target for $17. (Especially if you are an advance wars fan.) I played it late into the night yesterday, and am now trying to stay awake at work. It is a turn based strategy game of sorts. The 3D doesn't add too much to the game play mechanics, but adds a lot to the aesthetics. It almost feels like you are moving players in a diorama setup on your table. This is not just a game one buys early in a system's life because there are no others (though I will admit that is why I bought it ). It is a good game, period.

I just wish they would release a new Advance Wars. I'd buy 5 3DS units out of happiness lol.

YZtI2yo.jpg

signoflash.jpg
  I love Pork.

#452 adriley313

adriley313

Posted 09 August 2011 - 02:39 PM

tempted trying to call but no one is answering their phone
Now Playing:
:360: Prototype 2
:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

Now Reading: Impulse by Steven Gould

#453 NukaCola

NukaCola

Posted 09 August 2011 - 02:41 PM

Just got back from the Toms River, NJ Wal-Mart. After asking a number of employees at electronics, followed by a customer service person and front-end manager, I was sent back to electronics where the price drop was just put into effect. It was rung up for $170 ($181.86 with tax).

If there's any advice I'd give you, it's to ask for the manager, as most of the employees had no clue about a price drop.

So CheapyD's prophecy has been fulfilled!

#454 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 09 August 2011 - 02:52 PM

I'm glad to hear all thess success stories, hopefully it's good to go at my Wal-Mart.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#455 h8b1llg8ts

h8b1llg8ts

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 02:52 PM

No go at the WM in Paramount, Ca. She had no idea and DP is on vacation. Going to try the good 'ol LBC in an hour or so ...

#456 Cheshire Wolf

Cheshire Wolf

CAG BALLER!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 02:53 PM

Can I get this framed? :D :D :D :D :D

Put it in your sig haha
Can a young Fuck get money anymore? - Kanye West

#457 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 09 August 2011 - 02:58 PM

Just got back from the Toms River, NJ Wal-Mart. After asking a number of employees at electronics, followed by a customer service person and front-end manager, I was sent back to electronics where the price drop was just put into effect. It was rung up for $170 ($181.86 with tax).

If there's any advice I'd give you, it's to ask for the manager, as most of the employees had no clue about a price drop.

So CheapyD's prophecy has been fulfilled!

I'd say best strategy is not to show up just when employees are getting in and give them a chance to mark them down.

#458 Crandellous333

Crandellous333

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

thanks again for the heads up cheapy. just got done registering my 3ds, am now an ambassador and getting ready to game it up

#459 jack612

jack612

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

No luck at the Murphy Canyon Rd. Wal Mart in San Diego. Still rings up at $250. I guess I'll try again tonight. :(

#460 sarcastro84

sarcastro84

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:05 PM

Thanks! I called and confirmed then picked one up in Morton IL at about 8 this morning, they even had tags on the display advertizing the rolled back price, and probably 10 in stock.

#461 KnightPaladin

KnightPaladin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:07 PM

Congrats to all those that got the price drop!

I got my aqua blue on Sun at target. Connected to the eshop last night. Going to go back on fri and get my price adjustment.

#462 baltazario

baltazario

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:09 PM

The one at Mecham Rd. Elk Grove Village, IL. still has some. Just bought a black one. Went in at about 8am, the price came up as $249 with the hand scanner. She did not know anything about the sale but then I came back at 10am and they had updated the price to $169. Thanks Cheapy!

Went to the store in Schaumburg, IL this morning by my house no price drop.
I figured cause I hate Walmart. Might try later on the way home.

#463 Multicron

Multicron

Extreme OCD Victim

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:10 PM

Well, after 20 minutes at BB and them calling corporate, they said corporate is going to issue a no PM until the 12th memo, even though I was still well within the 30 day limit (I bought one at BB last week.). Luckily, I got a $170 blue 3DS at Walmart and stuck BB with a used 3DS. Go with Wal-mart if you can, folks.

#464 cag1000

cag1000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:18 PM

Sounds like BB PM might be a hassle. Curious anyone know what is the size of the screen as compared to the DS Lite?

#465 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:27 PM

Sounds like BB PM might be a hassle. Curious anyone know what is the size of the screen as compared to the DS Lite?

Google knows: Nintendo 3DS: Top screen measures 90 millimeters (3.53 inches) diagonally, and bottom touch screen measures 77 millimeters (3.02 inches) diagonally. Nintendo DS Lite: Top and bottom screen both measure 79 millimeters (3.12 inches) diagonally.

#466 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:28 PM

No luck at the Murphy Canyon Rd. Wal Mart in San Diego. Still rings up at $250. I guess I'll try again tonight. :(

Ha, another San Diegan.

#467 greenwolfe7

greenwolfe7

I play with dinosaurs!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:30 PM

http://webcache.goog...=www.google.com managed a PM at best buy with this link

#468 atmax

atmax

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:30 PM

Just got mine at the West Hills, CA store for $169, so it's definitely at least in some west coast stores already. They only had one black and a few blue left, though, so I would get on it if you're in the area.

#469 rxbez

rxbez

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:34 PM

Just picked one up at the Chamblee store in Georgia. They didn't have the price cut marked, but it rang up as the lower price. They had a couple left of both blue and black.
The above may or may be an accurate reflection of your opinions.

-------------------------------------------------

Check out my CAG blog for Xbox 360 game reviews and my thoughts on the industry.
Hit me up on Xbox Live!
Follow me on Twitter: @DesolationPoint

#470 bigdaddykyler

bigdaddykyler

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:35 PM

Latham ny store has them at the dropped price

2 of one 4 of the other...can't remember which is which.

1 per due to limited quant.

#471 Animefalcon

Animefalcon

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:37 PM

RiverHead long island is a no go price was still 249.99

#472 ROB64

ROB64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:37 PM

What the deuce?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#473 Torusan

Torusan

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:39 PM

One of the Walmarts in Cache Valley, UT already had a rollback tag on the 3DS units so there was no hassle at all. Good chance it's nationwide so anyone who had no luck before probably just has some busy/lazy managers.

#474 flybrione

flybrione

Guitar Solo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:40 PM

The one at Mecham Rd. Elk Grove Village, IL. still has some. Just bought a black one. Went in at about 8am, the price came up as $249 with the hand scanner. She did not know anything about the sale but then I came back at 10am and they had updated the price to $169. Thanks Cheapy!

That is the one I went to at 8am this morning. I hope they have some later this evening when I get out of work. Thanks for the heads up.

#475 deggs37

deggs37

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:41 PM

No go in Columbus, OH. Manager is on vacation so they couldn't do it. I wasn't the first to try either.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#476 LD_Helix

LD_Helix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:49 PM

Just got mine in Sterling Height Michigan, got there at exactly the monment the manager was adjusting the price. Good thing I didn't go there at midnight. Also there were plenty of them there in stock.

#477 coldwine

coldwine

Holy Ghost!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:51 PM

If there's a jump in retail sales for the month we'll know who to thank (or blame, LOL). Way to go Cheapy!

#478 Tricky

Tricky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:53 PM

I got the Aqua Blue 3DS for my niece for her birthday at the Opelousas, La Super Walmart. They had a sign up with the new lower price on it. Her birthday was on July 28th. Better late than never. Thanks Cheapy !

Edited by Tricky, 09 August 2011 - 04:34 PM.

#479 SteveGo

SteveGo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Man, I was reading through the thread, quivering with anticipation of the price drop not happening and then it did. There goes my entertainment for the day. :\

I'm sure you'll find another thread to troll. You always do.

#480 R0tatioNz

R0tatioNz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Debating if it is worth the gas to travel 30 minutes away....but toooooooooo tempting with all the 3DS deals going on as of late.