Nintendo 3DS Price Drop Hits on August 9th at Walmart

• Please log in to reply
990 replies to this topic

#481 LD_Helix

LD_Helix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:53 PM

Oh Almost forgot. Great post thanks Cheapy!

#482 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:55 PM

If there's a jump in retail sales for the month we'll know who to thank (or blame, LOL). Way to go Cheapy!

Yes because Nintendo's price drop on the 12th won't increase retail sales in any significant way this month

#483 apathylad

apathylad

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:04 PM

I already bought my 3DS at Best Buy. Would I be able to get them to adjust the price today? Do I have to print out something from Wal Mart?

#484 bionicbatman

bionicbatman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:04 PM

Got mine in Henry County in GA. went at 8:00 and the drop had not gone into effect. at 8:45 I found the department manager in the electronics section and asked about the price drop and the manager confirmed it and asked if I was going to purchase one. the manager lowered the price for me right then and there.

#485 elsnerma

elsnerma

Bowies in Space

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:05 PM

I just got a BestBuy price adjustment with no hassle. Simply told them that the Wal-Mart across the street had them for $169.96, they called over to Wal-Mart to confirm it was that price and in stock, walked out 10 minutes later with the price adjustment. The kid at mine was really nice too. I can post pics of the receipt if necessary.
Posted Image

#486 jcespino

jcespino

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:06 PM

no go in Torrance, CA. still rings up as $249.

#487 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:06 PM

I already bought my 3DS at Best Buy. Would I be able to get them to adjust the price today? Do I have to print out something from Wal Mart?

You likely won't be able to unless you can get them to call up a Walmart and have them confirm the in-store price. Even that is YMMV as Best Buy likely won't accept it unless it's "advertised" and this isn't an advertised deal as of now. You should have no problem getting an adjustment after the 12th though so no worries.

#488 KamikazeSim

KamikazeSim

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:09 PM

Just came back from one of the stores in Knoxville, TN. It already had the 169.96 price tag set up. I got the last Aqua Blue model but there were plenty of Cosmo Blacks left. Kind of annoying since I went at midnight and it wasn't changed yet. At least I got one and that is the important thing. I have avoided playing/seeing a 3DS just so I can experience the 3D myself after buying one. Finally, I'll get that chance! (Got Zelda too ^_^)

#489 R0tatioNz

R0tatioNz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:10 PM

I just got a BestBuy price adjustment with no hassle. Simply told them that the Wal-Mart across the street had them for $169.96, they called over to Wal-Mart to confirm it was that price and in stock, walked out 10 minutes later with the price adjustment. The kid at mine was really nice too. I can post pics of the receipt if necessary.

Was this in Natick, MA by any chance?

#490 monkeymax1704

monkeymax1704

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:12 PM

No luck in New York, only Walmarts are in New Jersey and are sold out. So sad :(

#491 elsnerma

elsnerma

Bowies in Space

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:13 PM

Was this in Natick, MA by any chance?

Nope, Ohio.
Posted Image

#492 bombboy

bombboy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:16 PM

Confirming: Wal-Mart on 87th Ave and 12th St in Miami, FL

Had about 7 Black and 7 Aqua Blue, price/sticker was updated to $169.

#493 Sharkey1337

Sharkey1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:22 PM

Confirming that Columbia, MO has the price drop at Wal Mart. I was able to go to Best Buy and have them price match it and got my $87.36 back from last week when I picked mine up. Thanks for the heads up Cheapy!

#494 AdamMPSP

AdamMPSP

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:29 PM

Anyone tried any LA stores yet? I've never been to a wal-mart down here, but was thinking of checking one out on Crenshaw on my lunch break. Would love to get confirmation from one of you guys, though!

#495 guardkitty

guardkitty

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:30 PM

I got the pricematch at BB no problem or hassle , employee said I was the first one in for it and he knew about the Walmart price change

#496 Bargain Hunter Bob

Bargain Hunter Bob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:31 PM

Price is a go at Strongsville, OH Wal-Mart. Shelf tags and signs advertising the new price. Pics available of the signs, tags, and receipt if needed. They have 4 cosmo black and 5 aqua blue still on the floor.
Now Playing:
:360: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2; Walking Dead
:ps3: MLB The Show 13
:3ds: :ds: :wii: :psp: Collecting dust

#497 IFlyRC80

IFlyRC80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:34 PM

Went to WM on Independence in Springfield, MO. The tags were up for the drop. Got a pic with my iPhone. Went across the street to get the one I bought at BB adjusted. He didn't even look at the pic I took and said it was the 2nd one of the day. Got $86.92 back.

Thanks Cheapy!!

#498 sadboy

sadboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:35 PM

They were marked down at my store as well.

#499 8bitogre

8bitogre

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:40 PM

http://webcache.goog...=www.google.com managed a PM at best buy with this link

+1 Printed this out, went to Best Buy in Langhorne, PA and got a price match with no hassle.

#500 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:41 PM

I have avoided playing/seeing a 3DS just so I can experience the 3D myself after buying one. Finally, I'll get that chance! (Got Zelda too ^_^)

Same here with avoiding checkIng a 3ds because I wanted to experience it on my very own system.

#501 bluemax

bluemax

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:46 PM

no go in Torrance, CA. still rings up as $249.

Well I guess this saves me a trip, this is the closest Walmart to me and I don't think I want to drive to the Crenshaw one.

#502 heavy liquid

heavy liquid

tastes like burning

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:52 PM

Scored one a little over an hour ago at Livonia, MI. Prices were marked down at the shelf.

Took the last black one... there were 2 or 3 blue ones when I left.

#503 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:56 PM

Random side note... Lots of people in my general area. Not thrilled Y_Y

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#504 fullmetalbruin

fullmetalbruin

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:59 PM

Went to the East Hills WalMart in Bakersfield, CA. Manager was cool--the price hadn't dropped yet but he went ahead and did it for me. Had a grip of black and a good amount of aqua as well. GREAT SUCCESS

#505 j.m.ratkos

j.m.ratkos

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:59 PM

Scored one a little over an hour ago at Livonia, MI. Prices were marked down at the shelf.

Took the last black one... there were 2 or 3 blue ones when I left.

which livonia store? the plymouth road or 7 mile location? (I still haven't gotten out for my lunch break to go and pick one up)

#506 greenwolfe7

greenwolfe7

I play with dinosaurs!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 05:01 PM

+1 Printed this out, went to Best Buy in Langhorne, PA and got a price match with no hassle.

Awsome glad it worked for somebody else

#507 jcespino

jcespino

Posted 09 August 2011 - 05:01 PM

Well I guess this saves me a trip, this is the closest Walmart to me and I don't think I want to drive to the Crenshaw one.

yeah, employee said if there's a price change, the manager usually inputs it the night before. going to try again tonight just for the giggles

#508 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 09 August 2011 - 05:02 PM

which livonia store? the plymouth road or 7 mile location? (I still haven't gotten out for my lunch break to go and pick one up)

It might be 7 and middlebelt. That one is quite up on things.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#509 dmeece

dmeece

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 05:02 PM

Signs have been changed at Atlanta - Howell Mill location. Appeared to be 10 in the case.

#510 jefelic

jefelic

Posted 09 August 2011 - 05:05 PM

Strongsville,oh. Walmart store has 3 black and 5 aqua priced 169.99:)