• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2011 - 07:15 AM

lol @ anyone thinking Nintendo is at all upset about this

#752 thisboywillbreak

thisboywillbreak

it's never been easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2011 - 07:27 AM

Flame Red 3DS announced for North America. September 9th. Not a bundle, though.

"In support of the new price, Nintendo plans to launch the "Flame Red" version of the 3DS alongside Star Fox 64 3D on September 9."

http://ds.ign.com/ar.../1187093p1.html
Posted Image

#753 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2011 - 07:36 AM

I really wanted Flame Red, but you know what? In person Blue is really, really pretty, too :)

#754 adamcrei

adamcrei

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2011 - 08:06 AM

I picked mine up at a Walmart in Austin this morning - no problems at all.

Very cool, and despite the churn with this posting, this is the kind of info and deal that makes being a CAGer so great.

#755 leidh

leidh

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2011 - 08:08 AM

my new 3ds doesn't have the eshop icon on it. how come?

#756 vashtheowner

vashtheowner

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2011 - 08:10 AM

my new 3ds doesn't have the eshop icon on it. how come?

you have to download the update to get it.

CrimsonStorm3.png

#757 offensive_jerk

offensive_jerk

Posted 10 August 2011 - 08:24 AM

"Sources in Gamestop have revealed to Original-Gamer.com that a company-wide email was sent out to their stores late Tuesday night. The email, from Nintendo, states that 3DS consoles sold by Walmart starting on the day of the price drop will NOT be added to the Nintendo 3DS Ambassador program unless Walmart provides Nintendo with all the serial numbers of the handhelds sold during the period of August 9-11."

Any truth to this?

Why would Nintendo send emails to Gamestop about Walmart's business dealings?

#758 thisboywillbreak

thisboywillbreak

it's never been easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2011 - 08:31 AM

Why would Nintendo send emails to Gamestop about Walmart's business dealings?

I have no idea. I took it as a warning or something. It seems made up to me, like I said, was just curious.
Posted Image

#759 leidh

leidh

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2011 - 08:31 AM

you have to download the update to get it.

ok, thanks

#760 vashtheowner

vashtheowner

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2011 - 08:38 AM

"Sources in Gamestop have revealed to Original-Gamer.com that a company-wide email was sent out to their stores late Tuesday night. The email, from Nintendo, states that 3DS consoles sold by Walmart starting on the day of the price drop will NOT be added to the Nintendo 3DS Ambassador program unless Walmart provides Nintendo with all the serial numbers of the handhelds sold during the period of August 9-11."

Any truth to this?

I hope that is a huge lie.

CrimsonStorm3.png

#761 Lkr721993

Lkr721993

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2011 - 08:39 AM

that statement doesn't even make any sense. nintendo can't stop consoles from being ambassadors without the serial number, so they are basically making an empty demand for the serial numbers. walmart has no reason to comply, because there is no way that nintendo will cut off supply to wal mart of all places. sounds like a bitter early adopter that wants to stir up trouble

#762 rcx4

rcx4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2011 - 08:41 AM

that statement doesn't even make any sense. nintendo can't stop consoles from being ambassadors without the serial number, so they are basically making an empty demand for the serial numbers. walmart has no reason to comply, because there is no way that nintendo will cut off supply to wal mart of all places. sounds like a bitter early adopter that wants to stir up trouble

Exactly.. And besides, how would Nintendo know that we bought the 3DS at Walmart anyway? I can say that I bought it at Target or Best Buy or [insert random store name here]..
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#763 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:02 AM

Exactly.. And besides, how would Nintendo know that we bought the 3DS at Walmart anyway? I can say that I bought it at Target or Best Buy or [insert random store name here]..

before the console gets shipped out to the store the serial number scanned. i was reading about this at GAF and someone called Nintendo and they knew he bought it from Walmart.

#764 NvaderJim

NvaderJim

Game Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:37 AM

before the console gets shipped out to the store the serial number scanned. i was reading about this at GAF and someone called Nintendo and they knew he bought it from Walmart.

do they know when and how much was paid for it? maybe he put walmart as the place of purchase when filling out a warranty form?

#765 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:46 AM

do they know when and how much was paid for it? maybe he put walmart as the place of purchase when filling out a warranty form?

im not 100% sure but i would assume Nintendo would know where you bought it from just from the scanning of serial number. Im pretty sure walmart also scans the serial number when you check out. As for the amount paid I think Nintendo would know the day you bought it as well. Like your serial number was scanned on or after August 9th. I guess they would know that you bought it for $170 since walmart put it up for sale. But again this is all just speculation so don't take my word for it.

#766 Nate Nanjo

Nate Nanjo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:53 AM

From past experience, Wal-Mart doesn't scan the serial number when you check out. They didn't when I bought my PS3. Anyways, the price dropped later in the day, but when I got back there the 4 systems left were already gone.

#767 Moonlk

Moonlk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:55 AM

Not believing it. When I went to the e shop, went to the ambassador program, it said I was in the program.

#768 offensive_jerk

offensive_jerk

Posted 10 August 2011 - 10:08 AM

Yes, they do know where you got it from. When I did the warranty work for the dual layer issue on the Wii, they knew it was from walmart.

Anyway, that story sounds like BS.

#769 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 10 August 2011 - 11:49 AM

Yes, they do know where you got it from. When I did the warranty work for the dual layer issue on the Wii, they knew it was from walmart.

Anyway, that story sounds like BS.

I am willing to put money on it being BS. Nintendo cant prove 100% you paid the lower price and overall the 20 games was to motivate people to buy early.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#770 Supreme0ne

Supreme0ne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:07 PM

picked mine up this morning before work. they said it should be the lower price, but was sill marked at $250. they did the price adjustment but it didnt work, so they manually adjusted the price for me after supervisor approval. took about 20 minutes but im happy i got the lower price and will get the free games
-Insert witty or meaningful quote here.-

#771 heavy liquid

heavy liquid

tastes like burning

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:15 PM

Not believing it. When I went to the e shop, went to the ambassador program, it said I was in the program.

It says I'm in the Ambassador Program, too.

It's misinformation spread by someone with sour grapes because people were able to buy a 3DS cheaper than they did, and still get into the program. Boo-Hoo.

That's the price of being an early adopter. Early adoption always costs more, because you're paying to play with new toys right away.

#772 PLabrozzi

PLabrozzi

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:29 PM

I stopped and checked at the Riverhead, NY location yesterday and had them check. In their system it came up 250.

So I grabbed one from Bestbuy and am price matching.

#773 uglyorgan

uglyorgan

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:32 PM

Guys, listen. The ambassador program was about being an early adopter. Not about how much money you paid for your 3DS. What if I paid $129 for one on Ebay, would I not be an ambassador?

Also, you apparently don't know how retail works. Walmart already paid Nintendo for those 3DS' they rolled back to $169. So, what does Nintendo care? They aren't losing any money. Lets face it, anyone who buys a 3DS from Walmart over the next couple days is getting a hell of a deal.

#774 tranceFusion

tranceFusion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:34 PM

Sounds fake. System brought at Walmart today already got the notification they are in Ambassador

Why would Nintendo send an email to Gamestop about Walmart?

#775 tranceFusion

tranceFusion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:40 PM

This is sort of off topic, but let me pose this question. I bought a 3DS four days ago from best buy and I only two games I bought with are: Zelda, Ocarina of time, and Ghost Recon game. None other games for 3DS interest me yet. Street Fighter 3D edition perhaps, but I am not paying full price for that game. So... can anyone recommend any must-play DS games that are below $20-25 dollars? I have about $105 to waste. I am open to all genres, maybe not fighters. Thanks for any suggestions.

I got my copy of Street Fighter 3D for $20 shipped in like new condition (from Glyde, but you can probably find similar elsewhere).

#776 2DMention

2DMention

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:56 PM

I was AMAZED when I walked through the door yesterday to see tons of these on the shelf at that price. I absolutely picked up another one, even though I shouldn't have afforded it. Bought one to keep at my parent's house so I don't have to drag my 3DS around with me and risk losing it. I'll deal with the financial fallout later. This is too good of a deal to pass up.
Posted Image

#777 Moonlk

Moonlk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2011 - 01:00 PM

It says I'm in the Ambassador Program, too.

It's misinformation spread by someone with sour grapes because people were able to buy a 3DS cheaper than they did, and still get into the program. Boo-Hoo.

That's the price of being an early adopter. Early adoption always costs more, because you're paying to play with new toys right away.

I hear ya. They paid for roughly five months of gaming. they can get over it.

#778 dtortor1

dtortor1

Posted 10 August 2011 - 01:12 PM

Just picked up one at a walmart in cullman al. Had about ten of each color, already marked down.

Just wish a game had been on sale! No target here so I guess I'll just be playing with the system itself. Gonna hit up a pawn shop later for some ds games.

#779 eternalnegative

eternalnegative

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2011 - 01:15 PM

Toledo ohio store had no blue but multiple black. Price change was completed. Store on central ave.

#780 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 10 August 2011 - 01:21 PM

My two cents, this price drop and 20 free retro downloadable games (no future value) has turned a lot of decent cags into regular consumers. Great ploy by nintendo. I guess if we could go back and they did this for the virtual boy or sega cd, you'd all be lapping that up. Not to say this is as horrible as those but when a company flat out admits price point defeat so early, it's suspicious. No one does that. Hell sony stood by the ps3 which came out at like $4,000 at launch.

I just don't like it. As a CAG an informed gamer/consumer. But enjoy yours!