• Please log in to reply
990 replies to this topic

#841 eliter1

eliter1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2011 - 10:18 PM

you should have PM'd the $17 ghost recon from target

I didn't know about that until after I had left the store but I don't think I would have liked to play Ghost Recon on my 3DS when I have never played the console versions.

What do you guys think about the Hori 3DS protector case (the hard plastic version)? How about those generic 3DS crystal hardshell?

Depends. My little brother had a crystal hardshell but if something gets in there it can scratch the surface. It might be ok for older people who keep dirt away but I wouldn't use one since I saw that.
Posted Image

#842 Jon7

Jon7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2011 - 10:22 PM

I didn't know about that until after I had left the store but I don't think I would have liked to play Ghost Recon on my 3DS when I have never played the console versions..

The 3DS Ghost Recon is absolutely nothing like the console ones by the way.

#843 eliter1

eliter1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2011 - 10:31 PM

The 3DS Ghost Recon is absolutely nothing like the console ones by the way.

I imagine that is the case but I don't want to get an impression of a game and then get a completely different thing on the console. I am going to do some research on it and maybe I'll go back and pick it up.
Posted Image

#844 jcespino

jcespino

Posted 10 August 2011 - 10:33 PM

Showing in-stock and $169 price for all South Bay, CA Targets that I called.

#845 An Orange Cat

An Orange Cat

Pet My Fur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2011 - 10:37 PM

I picked up the Nyko PowerPak today. It makes holding it easier if you have big hands. The back cover is soft instead of the slippery plastic Nintendo back cover.

#846 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm feelin' BASS-y

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2011 - 11:44 PM

I picked up the Nyko PowerPak today. It makes holding it easier if you have big hands. The back cover is soft instead of the slippery plastic Nintendo back cover.

Been thinking of getting the powerpak.

Does it make the system noticeably heavier? Does it work with the stock charger or do you need to buy a new charger?

#847 Gamelore

Gamelore

Dark Elf Cleric

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 12:18 AM

Despite not considering this a "deal":

- You're not "getting" any actual games, but rather a DRMed service / lease.
- Still a relatively high MSRP.
- Launch model of a Nintendo handheld.
- Still region-locked.

I'm interested in any early adopter club put out by Nintendo (Nintendo Fun Club, anyone?) and wondering what else I get as an ambassador.

I picked up the last black 3DS from Target.

#848 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 12:25 AM

How long should the update take? It's taking forever on this hotel's Wi-Fi and it keeps erroring out.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#849 j.m.ratkos

j.m.ratkos

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 12:44 AM

How long should the update take? It's taking forever on this hotel's Wi-Fi and it keeps erroring out.

the firmware update should only take a few minutes (3-5)

you might want to search out a restaurant that offers unsecured internet access vs. the hotel connection. I've always found them dodgy at best

#850 pandanese90

pandanese90

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 12:57 AM

anyone got any good games for dl on the store??? i cant wait for any mario game on the ambassador program

#851 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 12:59 AM

the firmware update should only take a few minutes (3-5)

you might want to search out a restaurant that offers unsecured internet access vs. the hotel connection. I've always found them dodgy at best

I actually finally got it to go through, wooo!

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#852 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 01:02 AM

anyone got any good games for dl on the store??? i cant wait for any mario game on the ambassador program

Well a lot of you are late on Excitebike (free for early adopters) but it was cool to see what a Nintendo Classic in 3D would look like.

#853 knightsdwn

knightsdwn

Beautiful Plastic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 01:11 AM

Been thinking of getting the powerpak.

Does it make the system noticeably heavier? Does it work with the stock charger or do you need to buy a new charger?

It makes the 3DS noticeably heavier but gives a better grip on the system especially for people with larger hands. Well worth the extra heft.

It does work with the stock charger but not the charge base. Nyko sells a base along with the Power Pak for several bucks more though.

#854 darrenaero

darrenaero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 01:28 AM

There is a 3DS to 3DS transfer option, but Nintendo hasn't released a system update to enable it yet.

Wait...we WILL be able transfer the downloaded games over to the eventual 3DS lite?! I thought it was tied to the system for some reason.

#855 nJoy7

nJoy7

Wait, what?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 01:31 AM

~$185 total (including tax) for a handheld? An Xbox 360 or Wii can be found for around the same price. $120 is the sweet spot for me. To those who picked it up already, enjoy it! I'm too cheap to pull the trigger right now. :P

Atypical+Nate.png 3410326351.png

#856 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 01:32 AM

Wait...we WILL be able transfer the downloaded games over to the eventual 3DS lite?! I thought it was tied to the system for some reason.

They're tied to the system in the sense that you can't re-download the games on another 3DS. They better have a way to transfer games to another 3DS model or they're basically insuring that few people update.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#857 Mr. Sax Appeal

Mr. Sax Appeal

Posted 11 August 2011 - 01:47 AM

I really like Mario's picross, Qix, and Legend of Zelda Link's awakening.

#858 devious20000

devious20000

Posted 11 August 2011 - 01:50 AM

I'm sure someone already posted this but I checked today and Target had the 3DS also listed and displayed with a $169.99 price tag, jumped on it since I had a gift card for $50 from them, I didn't pick up any games, going to Ebay to see what games are available there, also will pick up a case and screen protector since I heard that the bottom screen scratches the top screen when shut closed, thanks Cheapy for the early info on this deal, would have waited for Black Friday for a deal but I want to get thee free games, hopefully some good ones, one last thing doesn anyone know if i can watch youtube on the 3ds?

#859 Proto Man

Proto Man

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 01:54 AM

I love all these constant reminders of how I got raped on the price just 2 weeks before the price drop was announced.

#860 eliter1

eliter1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 01:59 AM

I love all these constant reminders of how I got raped on the price just 2 weeks before the price drop was announced.

I know the feeling. It happened to me with the Gamecube...

I think I am going to be using my 3DS a lot to watch Netflix in bed since I can't always use my 360 or laptop, that way I can use my iPhone to do other things.
Posted Image

#861 jubeininja69

jubeininja69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 02:08 AM

i'm waiting 3ds lite.

#862 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 02:12 AM

i'm waiting 3ds lite.

I thought 3DS is already comparable in size to DS Lite.
"Woah! This pain feels so good! So good!" — Albedo / Xenosaga

#863 Magicman103

Magicman103

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 02:15 AM

I thought 3DS is already comparable in size to DS Lite.

in size, yes. in battery life? hell no.

#864 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 02:16 AM

I know the feeling. It happened to me with the Gamecube...

I think I am going to be using my 3DS a lot to watch Netflix in bed since I can't always use my 360 or laptop, that way I can use my iPhone to do other things.

Wouldn't the video resolution of the top 3DS screen be pretty low for Netflix? Like 400x240? Sounds like movies would look pretty bad streamed on the top screen of the 3DS . . . but whatever. I'd rather see movies streamed on my Droid X, which has an 854x480 display, over twice the resolution (and a larger 4.3" screen vs. the 3.53" 3DS screen).

Edited by chimpmeister, 11 August 2011 - 03:38 AM.

#865 Kevfactor

Kevfactor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 02:24 AM

i tried netflicks last night and i was locked out of my 3ds for about 10 mins hehe. heard netflicks is going to get a few 3d movies for the 3ds ,tho :)

Anyways now i got to get some games cheap:)

#866 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 02:25 AM

in size, yes. in battery life? hell no.

WTF. Battery life is only 3-5 hours?!

Bought mine yesterday and only did the system update in order to secure the Ambassador program. Didn't spend enough time to burn through the battery to find that out.

I'll stick to my DS Lite for DS games now, which lasts like >15 hours.

#867 Graviex

Graviex

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 02:43 AM

WTF. Battery life is only 3-5 hours?!

Bought mine yesterday and only did the system update in order to secure the Ambassador program. Didn't spend enough time to burn through the battery to find that out.

I'll stick to my DS Lite for DS games now, which lasts like >15 hours.

Supposedly the battery life is longer when playing DS games, anywhere from 5-8 hours, but anything dealing with 3D and it drops the battery down to 3-5.. It sucks, but I've heard Nintendo isn't going to release a Lite version anytime soon, so we'll have to deal with it, haha. That was the main thing holding me back before, but then I was thinking that most of the time I would play my DS at home anyways, so I decided it wasn't a huge problem. Picked up mine just a few minutes ago.. however the update keeps giving me an error.. anyone know why this is happening? =(
Posted Image

#868 capsnikerz

capsnikerz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 02:47 AM

Supposedly the battery life is longer when playing DS games, anywhere from 5-8 hours, but anything dealing with 3D and it drops the battery down to 3-5.. It sucks, but I've heard Nintendo isn't going to release a Lite version anytime soon, so we'll have to deal with it, haha. That was the main thing holding me back before, but then I was thinking that most of the time I would play my DS at home anyways, so I decided it wasn't a huge problem. Picked up mine just a few minutes ago.. however the update keeps giving me an error.. anyone know why this is happening? =(

kinda odd its giving u a error i say fix ur connection settings agian and try agian

#869 Graviex

Graviex

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 02:51 AM

kinda odd its giving u a error i say fix ur connection settings agian and try agian

The connection works fine, and the update starts without a problem.. but about half way through the update it says an error has occurred and returns me to the menu :cry: This attempt looks like it might make it though!! Wish me luck, haha
Posted Image

#870 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 03:10 AM

By just connecting to the eShop, you would also qualify for the Ambassador program, in case you can't get the system update to complete.