Nintendo 3DS Price Drop Hits on August 9th at Walmart

• Please log in to reply
990 replies to this topic

#901 Multicron

Multicron

Extreme OCD Victim

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 05:01 PM

anyone got any good games for dl on the store??? i cant wait for any mario game on the ambassador program

I recommend Mario Vs DK, Shantae: Risky's Revenge, Dragon Quest Wars, and Mighty Flip Champs (although MFC has a DX version for PSP / PS3).

#902 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 05:02 PM

Just got an email from Gamestop saying this weekend, the 3DS is $99 when you trade in a DSL/DSi/XL.

I'm tempted to fix my hinge crack (since I already bought a replacement lid) and trading it in.

#903 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 11 August 2011 - 05:39 PM

Just to let you guys know, the cutoff for the Ambassador program is 11:59 EASTERN time, so don't get all pissy if you decide to wait till the last minute like an idiot.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#904 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 11 August 2011 - 05:59 PM

Just to let you guys know, the cutoff for the Ambassador program is 11:59 EASTERN time, so don't get all pissy if you decide to wait till the last minute like an idiot.

SHHHHH!!!!!!!! Those idiots make the night time great! Just like the PSN Welcome Back ones XD

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#905 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 06:16 PM

yes, the HORI screen protector does have a purple tint to it when looking at the upper display and the system is turned off.

The purple tint reminds me of multicoating on photographic lenses. It reduces reflection and is a good thing.
"Woah! This pain feels so good! So good!" — Albedo / Xenosaga

#906 PDJ

PDJ

O I can change this?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 07:06 PM

Bought mine two days ago at walmart. I am pleasantly surprised with the system. For 170 the system and free games are definitely worth it.

#907 tranceFusion

tranceFusion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 07:20 PM

should i get a screen protector? ppl keep saying the hori one has a purple tint to it and i have the cosmo black one. :/ any alternatives? or is that my best shot. dont want to darken, change or ruin anything on the screen. thanks guys

It has a tint to it but its barely visible and not visible at all when the screen is on. I wouldn't make the purchase decision based on that.

What I WOULD make the decision on is that the touchscreen sensitivity decreases slightly which i find rather annoying - i end up having to double tap a lot because my first touch doesn't register.

#908 sadboy

sadboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 07:22 PM

It has a tint to it but its barely visible and not visible at all when the screen is on. I wouldn't make the purchase decision based on that.

What I WOULD make the decision on is that the touchscreen sensitivity decreases slightly which i find rather annoying - i end up having to double tap a lot because my first touch doesn't register.

What do you think about using the screen protector for just the top screen?

#909 benisjamino

benisjamino

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 07:31 PM

Bought mine two days ago at walmart. I am pleasantly surprised with the system. For 170 the system and free games are definitely worth it.

Same here. I'm enjoying it so far. For 20 free games you can't go wrong.

:3ds: 1032-1395-1001 ---  ACNL+Icon.png 5600-2725-3002  ---   :wiiu:

#910 sgaldis

sgaldis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 07:44 PM

Went by a local Target to verify stock and the price drop. Went to BB next door, and got the adjustment price, no muss, no fuss. They simply called to verify they had it in stock, and made the adjustment. Traded in $169 worth of games that I got from GS with a B2G1 coupon, so I only paid $20 cash OTD (inlcuding a $5 preorder to get the 40% bump)...I love my BB!

#911 Graviex

Graviex

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 08:03 PM

Times like these make me glad I work at Target, haha. Got mine yesterday for 169+tax -15% employee discount plus redcard.. makes this a killer deal :bouncy:
Just a heads up to those looking at target though, some Targets haven't changed the sticker price (like mine) but it shows up on the system as the reduced price. Just ask anyone in electronics to scan it for you and it should ring up 169 :)
Posted Image

#912 Ragnorok64

Ragnorok64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 08:07 PM

Do we know exactly what the 20 free games are? Lists I've seen are partly incomplete.

#913 frpilot

frpilot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 08:10 PM

Times like these make me glad I work at Target, haha. Got mine yesterday for 169+tax -15% employee discount plus redcard.. makes this a killer deal :bouncy:

15%. i need to get a part time gig on top of my full time job at target. lol

#914 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 08:12 PM

Do we know exactly what the 20 free games are? Lists I've seen are partly incomplete.

No full list so far

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#915 cheeky

cheeky

Posted 11 August 2011 - 08:17 PM

So I'm probably getting this but does anyone know which games I definitely want to avoid? The only game I have played so far is DOA and I thought it was pretty good.

#916 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 11 August 2011 - 08:27 PM

So I'm probably getting this but does anyone know which games I definitely want to avoid? The only game I have played so far is DOA and I thought it was pretty good.

Blazblue

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#917 Ragnorok64

Ragnorok64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 08:44 PM

Blazblue

What are the main issues with Blazblue on the 3DS?

#918 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 08:49 PM

I went to gamestop and they have no information in regards to the price of a used 3ds after the price drop tommorow for those who are wondering
Currently playing
:ps4: the transistor, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#919 woof321

woof321

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 09:09 PM

Tried my Target yesterday, and the guy in electronics said it hadn't dropped yet. I punched the DCPI number into one of those self-serve scanners and indeed it came up at the high price. Fortunately Wal-mart still had some.

#920 Nintendokid54

Nintendokid54

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 09:16 PM

Successful price adjustment at Target. Bought mine on the 1st of August. Also i recommend anyone to buy Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars for the 3DS as it's on sale at target for $17.

76561198020429748.png

#921 Fernando Rocker

Fernando Rocker

Nintendo Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 09:53 PM

So... I have had my system since release date. I have been enjoying the system a lot.

What do you guys think about the hardware quality, OS, screens, etc?

The one thing I want to say is that pictures don't make justice to the system... in real life, the black 3DS (which I own) looks very pretty and not cheap at all.

#922 Worseley

Worseley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 09:54 PM

Those wanting to see what games your getting here's a link for ya.

Only 10 games known so far.

http://ds.ign.com/ar.../1184922p1.html

contra.gif

#923 Xellos2099

Xellos2099

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 10:56 PM

Anyone know if Walmart pm gift card offer? Frys is selling the system tomorrow for 169+ 30 gift card. If i bring in the receipt from tuesday, think they will pm and give me a gift card?

#924 imacgod

imacgod

Posted 11 August 2011 - 10:56 PM

What are the main issues with Blazblue on the 3DS?

No online multiplayer from what I understand.

Is Street Fighter even worth getting? I've been playing the Volt version on my iPod, and I can't get through a single game without someone challenging me in Arcade mode. There just seems to be a lot of players on and all the time thanks to the casual-ness of the iPod/iPhone. I'm guessing the 3DS doesn't have such a large audience?

#925 Fernando Rocker

Fernando Rocker

Nintendo Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 10:59 PM

No online multiplayer from what I understand.

Is Street Fighter even worth getting? I've been playing the Volt version on my iPod, and I can't get through a single game without someone challenging me in Arcade mode. There just seems to be a lot of players on and all the time thanks to the casual-ness of the iPod/iPhone. I'm guessing the 3DS doesn't have such a large audience?

You can disable the Online Challenging on the 3DS game (I don't know about the iPhone version).

But the 3DS version feels exactly like the console version... it is very good.

#926 thisboywillbreak

thisboywillbreak

it's never been easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 11:03 PM

Picked one up earlier today at Best Buy. They were surprised that Walmart had already lowered the price and said they'd probably face a fine from Nintendo.

How long should the system update take? It gets like 1/5th of the way and then the bar doesn't move at all. Maybe I'm just impatient. XD
Posted Image

#927 imacgod

imacgod

Posted 11 August 2011 - 11:03 PM

You can disable the Online Challenging on the 3DS game (I don't know about the iPhone version).

But the 3DS version feels exactly like the console version... it is very good.

Heh. I wasn't complaining. You can turn it off on the iOS version too. I was just wondering if there was that many people playing the 3DS version as well.

#928 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 11:10 PM

Anyone know if Walmart pm gift card offer? Frys is selling the system tomorrow for 169+ 30 gift card. If i bring in the receipt from tuesday, think they will pm and give me a gift card?

I don't think so. Mine wouldn't pm gift card offers.

#929 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 11 August 2011 - 11:13 PM

I bought a 3DS mainly to play VC games, haha. I ran through Super Mario Land yesterday and today. I could never beat it as a kid but it wasn't so bad. I think next up will be the first Kirby game.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#930 Xellos2099

Xellos2099

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 11:37 PM

I don't think so. Mine wouldn't pm gift card offers.

How about Toyrus offer of a free game that's 19.99 or less? I checked walmart pm page and i am uncertain of the case with toyrus, but it clearly say no gc pm.