• Please log in to reply
990 replies to this topic

#931 arcadegamer

arcadegamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2011 - 01:51 AM

bought my
3DS from target . the funny thing never tried the touch screen yet. i was for page button like they use to have . it on the touch screen . lol and so check on there and it show the new price $170 cool and press page and someone came and got it.that was easy and update my 3DS i got Ambassador title and all set

Edited by arcadegamer, 12 August 2011 - 02:53 AM.

Posted Image

#932 j.m.ratkos

j.m.ratkos

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2011 - 02:00 AM

cocaine is a hell of a drug

#933 frpilot

frpilot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2011 - 02:27 AM

that may explain what i was trying to read

#934 ClevelandBrowns

ClevelandBrowns

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2011 - 02:30 AM

bought my
3DS from target but check online at 3 places and since next to Bestbuy check there and it was the old price and hate to ask and it was waste of my time. they say no . i did for RZ points so i left and went to Target they site it ring the the new price . but when there the price show is old price and was no one around the game area to help so waiting and shopping around . the funny thing never tried the touch screen yet. i was for page button like they use to have . it on the touch screen . lol and so check on there and it show the new price $170 cool and press page and someone came and got it.that was easy and update my 3DS i got Ambassador title and all set

What... The... Hell...

Posted Image
Posted Image

#935 Commander0Zero

Commander0Zero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2011 - 02:38 AM

I'm not sure if this has been pointed out but the original DS dropped for $149.99 in 2004 adjusted for inflation that would be $179.23. It would seem to me we are getting a handheld at a more competitive price than the original DS. Plus the 20 games from the Ambassador program.

http://www.bls.gov/d..._calculator.htm

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Nintendo_DS
Posted Image

#936 cRodz

cRodz

Lead Chimp Ass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2011 - 02:48 AM

cocaine is a hell of a drug

Posted Image

#937 Lkr721993

Lkr721993

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2011 - 02:59 AM

so now that we have the system at a good price, any game sales coming up?

#938 cRodz

cRodz

Lead Chimp Ass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2011 - 03:01 AM

so now that we have the system at a good price, any game sales coming up?

you need games first boyo ;)

#939 Lkr721993

Lkr721993

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2011 - 03:08 AM

you need games first boyo ;)

I'd get Street Fighter, PES, Zelda, and Pilotwings if they were cheaper :(

#940 neudog

neudog

Airborne!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2011 - 03:08 AM

Congrats to everyone who got in on this before the 20 Free game offer ended. Thanks again to Cheapy for the heads up.:D
:bouncy:HAPPY GAMING:bouncy:
Tradelist Posted ImageThere is no need to fight, there are items for all:-P
Perrin Kaplan on Sex/Violence in Games -"Parents who use video games as a babysitter shouldn't have sex to begin with"
Posted Image
Posted Image
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

#941 whatsinaname

whatsinaname

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2011 - 03:11 AM

I'd get Street Fighter, PES, Zelda, and Pilotwings if they were cheaper :(

PES was a part of Amazon's buy one get one free offer recently. They might bring that around again.

#942 MotzCTG

MotzCTG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2011 - 03:15 AM

went up to BB tonight with a friend. They only had 1 on display, went to customer service and they called over the "Game Manager" and he was like DO IT for $170 no questions asked! So my friend got one as well. Will make a great gift with the 20 free games! Downloading the update now.

#943 Mexico619

Mexico619

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2011 - 03:27 AM

i got a aqua blue 3DS for $169.99 and steel diver for $10 at target and the total came out $195, damn taxes killed me since it was more then steel diver. so far i'm liking it and i can't wait for better games to come out! thanks CAG!!!

#944 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 12 August 2011 - 03:29 AM

What are the main issues with Blazblue on the 3DS?

For starters its a slap in the face to consumers, but take your pick of the following...

• Doesn't support standby (closing the lid = sleep) and MIGHT be the only game to lack this feature.
  • 3D effect was dodgy in menus, but ok in game. (not as good as SF though)
  • No online
  • No thumbstick support
  • No touch screen to do moves (but the full moves list is on the touch screen)
  • Playstation Vita version announced a week after release that will have online plus more story stages not featured in the 3DS/PSP version.
  • Awards use mostly the same icons which is silly since the original game had MANY icons that go unused
  • At the cost of all of the above they thought it was wise to charge 33% more than the psp version (10 usd) without thinking twice.

This game makes me really wonder how people can hate Capcoms RE the Mercs save issue, but not even comment on this load of shit. I wouldn't even mind so much if you were paying a Premium for a worthless port that was out of date a week after release. Then again uninformed idiots will bitch about Capcom's doings over anyone elses :roll:

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#945 markenglert

markenglert

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2011 - 03:53 AM

Managed to grab the last 3DS at my local Wal-Mart for the new price and just signed up for the ambassador program, wee!

Just need to grab Zelda now...

#946 DoubleJG

DoubleJG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2011 - 04:14 AM

How long did it take for you all to receive your ambassador email confirmation?

Posted Image

#947 pandanese90

pandanese90

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2011 - 04:37 AM

went up to BB tonight with a friend. They only had 1 on display, went to customer service and they called over the "Game Manager" and he was like DO IT for $170 no questions asked! So my friend got one as well. Will make a great gift with the 20 free games! Downloading the update now.

did u and ur friend get one?

#948 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2011 - 04:39 AM

For starters its a slap in the face to consumers, but take your pick of the following...

• Doesn't support standby (closing the lid = sleep) and MIGHT be the only game to lack this feature.
  • 3D effect was dodgy in menus, but ok in game. (not as good as SF though)
  • No online
  • No thumbstick support
  • No touch screen to do moves (but the full moves list is on the touch screen)
  • Playstation Vita version announced a week after release that will have online plus more story stages not featured in the 3DS/PSP version.
  • Awards use mostly the same icons which is silly since the original game had MANY icons that go unused
  • At the cost of all of the above they thought it was wise to charge 33% more than the psp version (10 usd) without thinking twice.

This game makes me really wonder how people can hate Capcoms RE the Mercs save issue, but not even comment on this load of shit. I wouldn't even mind so much if you were paying a Premium for a worthless port that was out of date a week after release. Then again uninformed idiots will bitch about Capcom's doings over anyone elses :roll:

Yeah, I was aware of these issues, so I picked it up for the PSP instead.

#949 pandanese90

pandanese90

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2011 - 04:44 AM

yes, the HORI screen protector does have a purple tint to it when looking at the upper display and the system is turned off.

(I believe it has to due to the filtering that the protector provides and the glossy black plastic that covers the entire upper panel. however, this does not appear to detract or affect the display once the system is turned on)

picture with the system powered off shot with an iphone 3GS (my SLR's flash detracted way too much)

Posted Image

Posted Image

edit:
the protective cover on my 3DS is HORI's silicone cover available in black and white (shown above)
amazon.com sells the black version, but not the white

black cover:
http://www.amazon.co...k/dp/B004K6LQA8
http://www.play-asia...en-70-439z.html

white cover:
http://www.play-asia...en-70-439y.html

edit2:
apparently, HORI USA has it's own webshop and most of their products are available
http://www.hori.jp/us/products_DS.htm

oh thank you so much for the photos, it really helps a lot! does the bottom screen become less sensitive to touch with the protector? and are the case's any good?

#950 sgaldis

sgaldis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2011 - 04:54 AM

5 minutes to midnight...got home with plenty of time left to set up my 3DS for the Ambassador program! I am just glad I made it in time, because otherwise I would be bitching up a storm about Nintendo right now! I am going to rub my new status in all of my friends' faces come tomorrow; those suckers!

Spoiler

#951 frpilot

frpilot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2011 - 05:06 AM

How long did it take for you all to receive your ambassador email confirmation?

i don't think there is an email, but you can try this link.

http://www.nintendo....l-if-ambassador

#952 david12795

david12795

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2011 - 05:07 AM

ahh missed out on this because i am currently on vacation :(

guess ill have to wait for some other deals
Tradelist
Super Smash Bros. Brawl FC: 5155-4755-9214

#953 pandanese90

pandanese90

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2011 - 05:15 AM

anyone want to be my friend??

#954 thegreek

thegreek

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2011 - 05:17 AM

Yessssss!!! Got it!! I hope they announce the other 10 games soon. Now the wait........

#955 EDiTOR9

EDiTOR9

Posted 12 August 2011 - 05:35 AM

Pay me :lol:
3DS: AC New Leaf | PSV:Resistance/Black Ops/MGS 3 SE | PS4: Ghosts/Killzone | Wii U: SC: Blacklist | PS3: TWD S2 | Xbox360: GoWJ | Xbox1: DR3

...*I* am said douche (as if y'all didn't know)...

I just had sex with my mom and she gave me flowers

#956 eliter1

eliter1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2011 - 05:44 AM

Yes, no one I know has a 3DS yet. I have my FC in my sig, if anyone else wants to add me send me a PM with your FC.

Other than Mario vs DK and Tetris is there any games that should buy in the eShop? Has anyone tried the new golf game that just came out?
Posted Image

#957 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2011 - 05:55 AM

Other than Mario vs DK and Tetris is there any games that should buy in the eShop? Has anyone tried the new golf game that just came out?

Mixed reviews on the golf game. IGN gave it a 9, while NintendoLife gave it a 6. Personally, I was discouraged by the framerate issues in the trailer.

I'd recommend the DK Gameboy VC. Amazing game.

#958 DoubleJG

DoubleJG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2011 - 06:17 AM

i don't think there is an email, but you can try this link.

http://www.nintendo....l-if-ambassador

Thanks for the link.

Posted Image

#959 pandanese90

pandanese90

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2011 - 06:47 AM

yes, no one i know has a 3ds yet. I have my fc in my sig, if anyone else wants to add me send me a pm with your fc.

Other than mario vs dk and tetris is there any games that should buy in the eshop? Has anyone tried the new golf game that just came out?

2793-0763-2634

#960 pippin

pippin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2011 - 07:10 AM

Yes, no one I know has a 3DS yet. I have my FC in my sig, if anyone else wants to add me send me a PM with your FC.

I've been playing the golf game and I like it. It's pretty full featured for a downloadable game.

The biggest downsides are the frequent loading screens and the occasional freezes that can sometimes make you swing too hard.

Some people are saying the 3D is awful, but I think it's pretty good for what it is. Overall I'm glad I bought it. I just wish it had an online mode.