Nintendo 3DS Price Drop Hits on August 9th at Walmart

• Please log in to reply
990 replies to this topic

#91 Magicman103

Magicman103

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2011 - 08:19 PM

So how likely is it that nintendo will put out a new 3ds bundle around black friday? Possibly with a new color/included game (like mario kart 7, super mario 3d land, zelda oot 3d etc.)

#92 betterboulder

betterboulder

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2011 - 08:25 PM

So how likely is it that nintendo will put out a new 3ds bundle around black friday? Possibly with a new color/included game (like mario kart 7, super mario 3d land, zelda oot 3d etc.)

I can see them going with a forest green 3DS bundle for OOT possibly around that time, but I honestly can't really see them doing any other bundles.

#93 Magicman103

Magicman103

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2011 - 08:27 PM

I can see them going with a forest green 3DS bundle for OOT possibly around that time, but I honestly can't really see them doing any other bundles.

oooo forest green would be such a cool color on the 3ds.

#94 topplehat

topplehat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2011 - 08:29 PM

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet (please forgive me if it has!), but Amazon has it up as a pre-order at the new price point, guess they wait to deliver it until August 12

http://www.amazon.co...ed&link_code=qs

#95 chriscolbert

chriscolbert

Push Me, Pull Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2011 - 08:34 PM

Black 3DS has screen wobble (The one I got has it a little). It's annoying, but not that big of a deal imo

Is this a known difference? (black vs blue?)
Posted Image “Jeter always gives me a pound after every inning,” Sabathia explained.

#96 Jurassic425

Jurassic425

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2011 - 08:35 PM

I expected there to be a lot more rage in this thread from people who bought the system months ago.

#97 Magicman103

Magicman103

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2011 - 08:45 PM

Is this a known difference? (black vs blue?)

Apparently, amazon temporarily pulled the cosmo black 3ds from their website not too long ago because of these hinge problems.

http://www.zdnet.com...-concerns/26488

Also heres a poll conducted over at gbatemp about screen wobble.

http://gbatemp.net/t...ue-hinge-wobble

I dont know it seems weird that on the poll more people have a black 3ds with no wobble than people with a blue 3ds with no wobble. This definitely goes against most reports and amazons decision to stop selling it for a couple days.

#98 An Orange Cat

An Orange Cat

Pet My Fur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2011 - 08:56 PM

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet (please forgive me if it has!), but Amazon has it up as a pre-order at the new price point, guess they wait to deliver it until August 12

http://www.amazon.co...ed&link_code=qs

I cancelled my pre order there because my estimated delivery was the 17th. I'm a Prime member too. I'm really hoping its in Walmart's ad tomorrow so I can pretty much go anywhere and price match if its sold out at Walmart.

#99 imacgod

imacgod

Posted 05 August 2011 - 09:08 PM

Apparently, amazon temporarily pulled the cosmo black 3ds from their website not too long ago because of these hinge problems.

http://www.zdnet.com...-concerns/26488

Also heres a poll conducted over at gbatemp about screen wobble.

http://gbatemp.net/t...ue-hinge-wobble

I dont know it seems weird that on the poll more people have a black 3ds with no wobble than people with a blue 3ds with no wobble. This definitely goes against most reports and amazons decision to stop selling it for a couple days.

I wouldn't worry about the hinge too much. The left one is definitely weaker and different from the right hinge. No doubt. But, even with my less-than-one-week old model, it seems like the hinge has gotten better with more use. It's almost no longer squeaky and definitely more solid. If you have a problem of getting the 3DS top screen to lock into place once you're at 170° (or whatever angle it is), then I'd worry.

If you can get a screen protector or rubber feet (like this: http://kotaku.com/58...3ds-screen-woes), I might suggest that to prevent any possible marking/scratching to the top display. The top screen is definitely shallow and the wider top screen doesn't match with the bottom screen's bezel, so I can see the scratching/marking issue if you have a bad hinge or move your 3DS around everywhere while its closed. Also doesn't help is you slam shut your 3DS.

Otherwise, I think people are making the big quality issues a bigger deal than they really are. Also, you still have 30 days for returns/replacements plus the 90 day warranty through Nintendo after you register your 3DS, so really you should know where you are with the problems in that time frame.

#100 SpecialK7225

SpecialK7225

Counting Cards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2011 - 10:09 PM

This is a lot of money for an unemployed college student, but I don't think I can resist the impulse buy if I see one at my local Walmart.

76561198014449115.png

#101 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 05 August 2011 - 11:47 PM

If the free 20 games were DS or N64 games then hell yeah. But since these are NES games and GBA... no thanks. I stopped playing those back in the 90s.
[IMG]http://http://profile.mygamercard.net/conejo%20mexicano[/IMG]

#102 WhiteLens

WhiteLens

EXP Vortex of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2011 - 12:17 AM

I didn't know GBA existed during the 90s...

#103 unc13 buck

unc13 buck

MainelyCAGGIN'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2011 - 12:21 AM

If the free 20 games were DS or N64 games then hell yeah. But since these are NES games and GBA... no thanks. I stopped playing those back in the 90s.

...Underage user alert?

#104 Moonlk

Moonlk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2011 - 12:58 AM

Fun police is trying to clean the thread out.

#105 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 06 August 2011 - 01:11 AM

I didn't know GBA existed during the 90s...

It was such a long time ago. My brain has been fried by Nintendo.
[IMG]http://http://profile.mygamercard.net/conejo%20mexicano[/IMG]

#106 tonybonjovi

tonybonjovi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2011 - 02:22 AM

I happened to look at Walmart.com just now and noticed they have the 3DS up for preorder now...and it says that it ships on the 12th.
So...at least on-line their still going with the 12th.

#107 pandanese90

pandanese90

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2011 - 03:52 AM

hey guys i wonder if this is worth the buy at walmart with the 20 free games? i know it prolly varies for everybody, but i know i can just get this tax free at amazon for $169 without the games or pay a extra $ tax at walmart which basically mean i bought the 20 games. is it worth it? and do u think there will be deals that will go better than this past aug 12?? :/ cant decide whether to buy it now or later

#108 a_dirty_Shisno

a_dirty_Shisno

Thievius Cagcoonus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2011 - 04:12 AM

hey guys i wonder if this is worth the buy at walmart with the 20 free games? i know it prolly varies for everybody, but i know i can just get this tax free at amazon for $169 without the games or pay a extra $ tax at walmart which basically mean i bought the 20 games. is it worth it? and do u think there will be deals that will go better than this past aug 12?? :/ cant decide whether to buy it now or later

You're basically paying $17 then to get approximately $100 worth of classic game downloads. If you have absolutely no interest in classic games or no interest in downloadable games then this is just likely not the time for you to buy a 3DS. At that point, you should wait for a Christmas or Black Friday bundle with a game you are interested in.

However, if you are just going to buy the on 9th from Walmart OR buy on the 12th from Amazon, you might as well spend the extra $17 for the games, especially since 10 of them are going to be exclusive to Ambassadors for the foreseeable future. And since there are several that have still not been announced, you may find that you are interested in at least one of them.

--- I am the Thievius Cagcoonus.
---What the hell happened there!  I started writing a serious post and suddenly I became an infomercial!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--- US Government To Tackle Patent Trolls (whenever they get around to it).  Write your Senators and Congressmen (to make them get it done).

--- California Minimum Wage: $9/hr (July 2014), $10/hr (January 2016)

#109 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2011 - 05:02 AM

I happened to look at Walmart.com just now and noticed they have the 3DS up for preorder now...and it says that it ships on the 12th.
So...at least on-line their still going with the 12th.

...Shit.

That could either be a good thing (hyping sales for the inevitable Tuesday price drop) or a bad thing (they actually bothered to change SKUs, fucking over the price adjusters).

#110 tonybonjovi

tonybonjovi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2011 - 01:54 PM

AND.....Now....they have completely pulled ALL of the Nintendo 3DS from the web site...I guess they are trying to avoid refunding the 80 dollars...at least for on-line orders

#111 karyadi

karyadi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2011 - 02:01 PM

If Walmart are doing the price drop for the 9th because they don't want to deal with a horde of price drops, props and very smart haha Walmart is "business > hassle."

#112 An Orange Cat

An Orange Cat

Pet My Fur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2011 - 02:55 PM

The weekly ad shows nothing of the price drop, and nothing of the 3ds period. Walmart.com pulled the WHOLE 3ds category completely. You click on Nintendo 3ds and it has some sorry your search bla bla message. I bet they are redoing the whole section hopefully for a Tuesday release.

#113 Kadin

Kadin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2011 - 03:26 PM

Any possible update from your source CheapyD? Things still looking the same for Tuesday?

#114 Zimm108

Zimm108

CAGist formally known as QuarterRoy00

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2011 - 03:48 PM

Well if the weekly ad doesn't have anything in it, there goes the idea of price matching at Best Buy early.

Bullocks.

Edited by QuarterRoy00, 06 August 2011 - 04:04 PM.

#115 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2011 - 03:57 PM

Sources can be wrong: The thread

#116 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2011 - 05:23 PM

*GULP*

I really hope this is just cocking of the gun prior to the rumored sale and not the first move toward a retraction of the entire deal.

#117 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2011 - 05:31 PM

*GULP*

I really hope this is just cocking of the gun prior to the rumored sale and not the first move toward a retraction of the entire deal.

Posted Image

#118 Icehearted

Icehearted

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2011 - 05:43 PM

Still not buying one. I want more than a remake player with a 3hour battery life. Even Cheapy said the 3D effect was not terribly impressive and gimmicky.

I'd really rather not buy something just to play games I still own on it anyway, even if they're a smidge prettier.
Posted Image

#119 tim_pkmn89

tim_pkmn89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2011 - 07:29 PM

Well if the weekly ad doesn't have anything in it, there goes the idea of price matching at Best Buy early.

Bullocks.

It was never that likely. Those ad papers are finalized at least a month ahead of time.

#120 shadow007

shadow007

映画 | | Vivre Sa Vie | | 映画

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2011 - 08:27 PM

Hey CheapyD, Screw Attack just showed your deal on their channel!