Photo
- - - - -

Nintendo 3DS Price Drop Hits on August 9th at Walmart

• Please log in to reply
990 replies to this topic

#181 zenne96

zenne96

Posted 08 August 2011 - 03:07 AM

my walmart is open 6-midnight, and this is a lot more underground, what time would u guys say is a safe time to pick 1 up, i want to go super early but..ppl got mugged b4 there who were there extra early or super late and has any1 100% confirmed this

#182 pandanese90

pandanese90

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2011 - 03:35 AM

my walmart is open 6-midnight, and this is a lot more underground, what time would u guys say is a safe time to pick 1 up, i want to go super early but..ppl got mugged b4 there who were there extra early or super late and has any1 100% confirmed this

im sorry to hear that. you should go the night before and buy pepperspray perhaps :/ im sure itl'll still be there in the afternoon.

#183 pandanese90

pandanese90

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2011 - 03:40 AM

I picked up my XL at midnight release at Walmart and there was only one other guy there. Hopefully not many people know of this deal since it wasn't in the ad. Last I checked they had 5 of each color.

cool! what color are u gonna get? im thinking of getting cosmo black! :bouncy:

#184 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2011 - 03:41 AM

I highly doubt your average shopper knows that this is happening and I wouldn't risk getting mugged just to save a few bucks.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#185 Dashl

Dashl

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2011 - 04:15 AM

If it's like it was when I use to work there it would be whenever the department manager got around to doing it. So technically a store could take a few days to do the price drop, although that is highly unrealistic. Go in early in the morning or wait until the early afternoon and you should be good.

I used to work as a Dept. Manager at Wal Mart, and a good friend of mine still does as the Electronics Dept. Manager. Anway, their shifts are 7am-4pm (at least here) and they have until then to do their price changes. Unless they are on vacation, or off that day, then usually no one does them. When I would come back from vacation, I would have a weeks worth to do. I know for my old store, I won't go until after 1pm, when they are finished with break, lunch, and the stupid morning meetings this one has.

#186 zenne96

zenne96

Posted 08 August 2011 - 05:08 AM

I highly doubt your average shopper knows that this is happening and I wouldn't risk getting mugged just to save a few bucks.

ya ur right, hell i learned about it by pure accident, an any1 who is a "I MUST HAVE THIS SHIT" guy would of bought it at launch, but does any1 have a conformation about it in the first place, i called the store and they said 12th, i called walmart.com 1 guy said 12 another told me that it just showed up on their comp and its the ninth so I'm a little confused...

#187 Blackjack13

Blackjack13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2011 - 05:18 AM

ya ur right, hell i learned about it by pure accident, an any1 who is a "I MUST HAVE THIS SHIT" guy would of bought it at launch, but does any1 have a conformation about it in the first place, i called the store and they said 12th, i called walmart.com 1 guy said 12 another told me that it just showed up on their comp and its the ninth so I'm a little confused...

Cheapy doesn't lie. I'm sure it will be happen on the ninth.

#188 zenne96

zenne96

Posted 08 August 2011 - 06:10 AM

is any1 getting there as soon as they open?

#189 Daveykz

Daveykz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2011 - 06:20 AM

I went to Gamestop to see if I could take my credit from my account and get cash for it so I would have enough to buy it on Tuesday from Wal-Mart, but to no avail =( Guess I'm waiting til Friday.

#190 pandanese90

pandanese90

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2011 - 06:40 AM

is any1 getting there as soon as they open?

24 hr walmart here MUHAHAHAHAHA :applause:

#191 unc13 buck

unc13 buck

MainelyCAGGIN'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2011 - 10:26 AM

I went to Gamestop to see if I could take my credit from my account and get cash for it so I would have enough to buy it on Tuesday from Wal-Mart, but to no avail =( Guess I'm waiting til Friday.

Whoever told you that would work is off their rocker.

#192 starscream1101

starscream1101

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2011 - 12:02 PM

:( Wish I wasn't in Korea right now. I'd hop all over this deal!

#193 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2011 - 01:21 PM

I used to work as a Dept. Manager at Wal Mart, and a good friend of mine still does as the Electronics Dept. Manager. Anway, their shifts are 7am-4pm (at least here) and they have until then to do their price changes. Unless they are on vacation, or off that day, then usually no one does them. When I would come back from vacation, I would have a weeks worth to do. I know for my old store, I won't go until after 1pm, when they are finished with break, lunch, and the stupid morning meetings this one has.

Department Managers doing "price changes" is just them placing a price label in the price label spot.

All real Walmart's computer-based price changes are automatic.

#194 greenwolfe7

greenwolfe7

I play with dinosaurs!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2011 - 01:23 PM

If this shows up online im price matching at best buy I got 135$ in gc's....

#195 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 08 August 2011 - 01:32 PM

Department Managers doing "price changes" is just them placing a price label in the price label spot.

All real Walmart's computer-based price changes are automatic.

Wow... This is terribly incorrect information.

The VAST MAJORITY of Walmart price changes are not completed until the Department Manager (or similar individual) works the price change on their telxon via the "BAM" screen. This is done so the individual working the price change can enter an inventory count to verify that the markdowns are correctly captured.

There are some exceptions (typically, items that are on sale for an ad or for a limited time) - where the markdown isn't captured until the item is sold at the register (I.e.: the system still thinks the item is the old price, then the register automatically takes the item from the old price to the new price and the markdown is recorded then, on a per-item/per-sale basis).

As for how the 3DS markdown will be done... I don't know. It seems it would be in Walmart's favor to make sure the price change is ready and done as early on Tuesday as possible.
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it."

#196 Moonlk

Moonlk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2011 - 03:03 PM

So, just to clarify with everyone on the smartest tactic for actually purchasing a :3ds: tomorrow...

Would it just be wise to go early in the morning to get one? I go to work at 5 am, and get off at 9 am tomorrow...so just swing by before I go into work?

Going at midnight just to wait another few hours for them to change it would be stupid, but couldn't you just ask an associate to see if there has been a price change involving the :3ds: and having them check it, speeding up the process?
http://moonlk.blogspot.com - My Gamer Blog!

#197 Johnny Neat

Johnny Neat

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2011 - 03:15 PM

Heads up guys and gals,

I went on Walmart.com and it shows the 3DS in four options as of now. Blue and black for regular price and blue and black at the price drop but "online only" with shipping arrival dates starting on 8/15 for the 1 day $20 shipping option.

Have we just been blocked on getting the 20 extra games or will the 3DS at the new lower cost really be available in Walmarts tomorrow?

I hope it'll be available.

#198 zenne96

zenne96

Posted 08 August 2011 - 03:21 PM

So, just to clarify with everyone on the smartest tactic for actually purchasing a :3ds: tomorrow...

Would it just be wise to go early in the morning to get one? I go to work at 5 am, and get off at 9 am tomorrow...so just swing by before I go into work?

Going at midnight just to wait another few hours for them to change it would be stupid, but couldn't you just ask an associate to see if there has been a price change involving the :3ds: and having them check it, speeding up the process?

is your walmart a 24 hour 1? if so i would say u should b fine if u go at 9, by then they would of changed it. my walmart is open at 6 am and thats when I'm going. walmart has not advertised this, hell HAS ANY1 CONFIRMED THIS?, besides cheapy, but either way u should b fine if u go at 9

#199 zenne96

zenne96

Posted 08 August 2011 - 03:22 PM

no they won't, i looked it up

#200 iamsobroke

iamsobroke

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2011 - 03:23 PM

I just bought a perfect condition 3ds off craigslist with zelda for $180. thats cheaper than the system alone after tax. :)

oh and I signed up and I am an Ambassador :p , and it has no screen wobble whatsoever. Even have the recepit where they purchased it from walmart on 7/15

#201 DeathByFRODO

DeathByFRODO

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2011 - 03:50 PM

I just bought a perfect condition 3ds off craigslist with zelda for $180. thats cheaper than the system alone after tax. :)

oh and I signed up and I am an Ambassador :p , and it has no screen wobble whatsoever. Even have the recepit where they purchased it from walmart on 7/15

ok so what if that person already has an account? Can you make another account? I would hate to have a name like "PWN NOOBZ" tied down to the system.

#202 AirMcLaren

AirMcLaren

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2011 - 03:57 PM

The electronics manager at one of my local Walmart's confirmed that the price drop was happening tomorrow (Tuesday). That was without me even saying when I thought the date was. I played dumb and said that I heard it was happening next week (I picked mine up on Friday to get it early and do the price-adjustment method). Check the previous pages for my post.

#203 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2011 - 04:00 PM

I'm expecting a super rage fest if/when this rumor doesn't pan out

#204 NukaCola

NukaCola

Posted 08 August 2011 - 04:17 PM

Even if the Wal-Mart thing doesn't turn out to be true, you can still get one at Target and price-match it after the 12th. That's what I plan on doing if the Wal-Mart thing doesn't happen.

#205 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2011 - 04:33 PM

Maybe you're right about there not being a redesign soon, but everything else in that article says prices will continue to drop or bundles will get better.

IMO every time someone says its NOT coming, is when its even closer to coming. I am waiting on the redesign or not buying it at all. I am willing to wait about 2 years but I don't think it will take that long. I think we will see a redesign by Xmas 2012. I am almost certain the redesign will cost $170 or less. As far as the 20 games I probably have every single one on another system already so I definitely don't need them. All of your information is tied to the 3DS so if you get the one that is out now you are basically gonna be stuck with it for life if you want to keep your data like streetpass hits etc. I assume you can't move that information over to another system at least at the present time.

The system still has no 3DS games that I am willing to play nor have they even announced one single game I am willing to buy so I am suspecting it will take a while to get some games that I personally am interested in on the market.

#206 turls

turls

Clouds: no, Sunshine: yes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2011 - 04:45 PM

Is there an official web link anywhere that explains if all your purchases are tied to the hardware? I'm guessing it probably is like all the other Nintendo online stuff has been, but maybe Nintendo grew a clue with the poor reception of the 3DS (of course, that would only help them for the next gen unless they could change that with a download).

Doesn't seem to be any consensus in this thread on that point, and that is probably what will make the decision for me.

#207 Flame Killa

Flame Killa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2011 - 04:59 PM

Walmart didn't Fuck me for once so I'm hoping to pick this up tomorrow!

#208 An Orange Cat

An Orange Cat

Pet My Fur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2011 - 05:15 PM

I'm stopping by right after work today and asking when the price goes into effect because its a 24 hour store. I figured it would be an automatic computer update at 12:01am, but who knows. If they don't know then I'll stop by at 5am on my way to work.

#209 Zimm108

Zimm108

CAGist formally known as QuarterRoy00

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2011 - 05:17 PM

Do y'all know if I go to Walmart on the 9th, take a pic of the lower price tag on my phone, then take that pic to Best Buy, if that is good enough for their price match policy? I ask because of this in their policy:

Best Buy will match the price if you find a lower price on an identical available product at a local retail competitor's store, a local Best Buy Retail Store or BestBuy.com.

Though this line concerns me:

The Guarantee does not apply to: Our competitors' website prices, offers that include financing, bundling of items, free items, pricing errors, mail-in offers,

#210 zenne96

zenne96

Posted 08 August 2011 - 05:28 PM

[quote name='QuarterRoy00']Do y'all know if I go to Walmart on the 9th, take a pic of the lower price tag on my phone, then take that pic to Best Buy, if that is good enough for their price match policy? I ask because of this in their policy:

I called best buy and asked basically the same thing, they said if you don't have an ad they will call the store and ask, though if the item is sold out at the store they called, its at the manager's call whether he can drop the price or not