Free Game for Battlefield 3 Alpha Testers with Pre-Order of LE - Check your email

DirkBelig

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
I was all excited when I got my BF3 Alpha invite and then spent two hours that night never actually getting into a game. I tried the next day with no luck and they've since shut down the servers. Oh well. The boards were raging bitchfests anyhoo.

Well, on the bright side, I just got this email from EA:

Thanks for being a part of the Alpha Trial for Battlefield 3™. Now that the Alpha Trial has ended, all server access will be turned off until we launch the Beta in September. Your participation and feedback will make Battlefield 3 a better game, and we're truly grateful for your help.

The Alpha Trial has been a resounding success. We were able to perform a number of server-related tests, including load testing our back end. Rest assured that any performance issues you may have seen at this early stage of development will be remedied for the full game launch. If you haven't already, please leave your feedback at Battlelog. Your insights and comments are essential to making the game as polished as possible.

As a special thank you for playing, we're offering Battlefield 3 Alpha Trial players a bonus PC digital download game when you pre-order Battlefield 3 Limited Edition at Origin. Hurry-this offer is only good for the next 3 days. See below for more details.

Thanks again for your contribution. We look forward to seeing you on the battlefield again this fall.

You have your choice of Medal of Honor ($19.99), Mass Effect 2 (damn near free during the constant sales, but $19.99 at Origin), or Dead Space 2 ($29.99) and you have to buy by August 7, 2011.

In case you don't know what comes in the Origin BF3 Limited Edition:

Open Beta for Battlefield 3 (Origin Exclusive)
Players who pre-order the game from Origin will be granted early access to the Open Beta for Battlefield 3 when it goes live in September 2011. Early Beta access is for US PC Download customers only.

Pre-load and Get Ready to Play at Launch
Pre-order the PC Digital version of Battlefield 3 Limited Edition through Origin to preload your game before it launches. Preloading means you can play the minute Battlefield 3 releases instead of waiting to install.

Physical Warfare Pack (Bonus item for PC Download purchases only)
Get physical with the help of some extra fire power.
•Type 88 LMG with bipod
•Flechette Ammo for DAO-12 Shotgun
•Flash suppressor for SKS sniper rifle
•Day 1 Access to the DAO-12 Shotgun

Back to Karkand Expansion Pack (included with the Limited Edition)
This themed expansion pack includes:
•Four Legendary Maps from Battlefield 2 re-imagined with Frostbite Technology
•Classic Battlefield 2 Weapons and Vehicles
•Unique Rewards, Achievements/Trophies, and more

Battlefield Play4Free Items (Origin Exclusive)
•870 Combat Shotgun
•Beret

Interesting. I was in alpha and never got that email. Either way, fuck pre-ordering on Origin. I'd rather have savings elsewhere than a free game any day.

I'm leaning toward getting Dead Space 2 cuz it's the one I don't have and I wanted it. No one seems to be offering any sales so far, and getting into the beta would be nice.

So I took advantage of this deal when active and my free copy of dead space 2. But then I got an email from Origin offering me a code for ANOTHER free game from those three. Anyone else get this email?

bread's done
Back