Photo
- - - - -

[DEAD] [Canada] Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Collector's Edition $59.99 [Amazon.ca]

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#31 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 06:03 PM

So, anyone's order been cancelled? Seems kinda unlikely that they will at this point, right?

#32 wing00

wing00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 08:24 PM

So, anyone's order been cancelled? Seems kinda unlikely that they will at this point, right?

I just checked my order and it hasn't been cancelled. I hope this order goes through. It would make me so happy, after the constant mess-up of Futureshop recently.

So hyped for U3!

#33 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 11:06 PM

I have the CE ordered, another copy with FS E3 deal, and a third from Best Buy at $43.99 in case Amazon cancels and FS gets F'd up. Not sure what I'm going to do with the FS copy, hesitant to return it and have them mess up the other games on that order.

#34 king_bronx

king_bronx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 11:42 PM

I came back here expecting a cancellation email but my order is still in effect as far as I can tell. They can't raise the price on my order without informing me, right?

From what I understand, granted it's never happened to me, they may send you an e-mail saying: "You can keep the pre-order at the proper price, or cancel".

#35 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 11:50 PM

After almost 3 months and now only 8 days til release it's hard to believe they would cancel it now.

#36 penetratingpincer

penetratingpincer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 01:17 AM

Hope they will honour that price for you guys. It's a great price for a CE in the first days.

#37 SkankButta

SkankButta

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 01:34 AM

They won't cancel it. Amazon honors mistakes...

The US amazon had an error where they listed a bunch of games for .01. They honored them and people bought a ton of games... It was nuts.

SheepMangler.png

#38 gill2k

gill2k

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 01:44 AM

My order for $59.99 also stands for the Collector's Edition from Amazon.

One more week!

*crosses fingers*
Posted Image

#39 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 02:59 AM

The US amazon had an error where they listed a bunch of games for .01. They honored them and people bought a ton of games... It was nuts.

Someone earlier in this thread said that Amazon canceled an order of his at the last minute before release. I hope it works out.

#40 matsam

matsam

Cooldude pts hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 04:10 AM

Mine's still fine as well, keeping my fingers crossed!

#41 penetratingpincer

penetratingpincer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 09:08 PM

Amazon (well Amazon.ca) didn't honour it. Otherwise I would have had 7 PSP Go's for $20 each.

Edit: I have also had Futureshop cancel my Lord of the Rings Blu Ray Trilogy preorders too. There was a time when there was an error where the set was selling $18. I tried to preorder like 4 of them and FS cancelled them for me. They did send me an apology (saying it was a pricing error) and as a goodwill thing special coupon to get ONE of the Lord of the Ring sets for $18.

Edited by penetratingpincer, 25 October 2011 - 09:45 PM.

#42 matsam

matsam

Cooldude pts hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 10:17 PM

Amazon (well Amazon.ca) didn't honour it. Otherwise I would have had 7 PSP Go's for $20 each.

Edit: I have also had Futureshop cancel my Lord of the Rings Blu Ray Trilogy preorders too. There was a time when there was an error where the set was selling $18. I tried to preorder like 4 of them and FS cancelled them for me. They did send me an apology (saying it was a pricing error) and as a goodwill thing special coupon to get ONE of the Lord of the Ring sets for $18.

Well I think that was the problem. If you only ordered one of each, they probably would have honoured your orders. They just try to protect themselves against hoarders, I think. And I'm sure you have at least 7 nephews who would love a PSP Go as a christmas present, but I'd probably do the same thing if I was them.

I think we'll be fine for Uncharted 3 CE, as long as we didn't order more than one copy.
Posted Image

#43 Derfel

Derfel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 10:58 PM

Well I think that was the problem. If you only ordered one of each, they probably would have honoured your orders. They just try to protect themselves against hoarders, I think. And I'm sure you have at least 7 nephews who would love a PSP Go as a christmas present, but I'd probably do the same thing if I was them.

I think we'll be fine for Uncharted 3 CE, as long as we didn't order more than one copy.

Not necessarily; I had a similar thing happen when I ordered one PSP during the boxing day sale for $20 and it took them months to even tell me that they were not sending it. They didn't offer any sort of discount code or anything, either. The cost difference in this case is obviously much smaller though, so hopefully those of you with these orders will have it work out.
Posted Image

#44 penetratingpincer

penetratingpincer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 02:44 AM

It very well could be the problem, but the ending was the same: they didn't honour it. My brother tried to order 1 PSP GO under his account and likewise it was also canceled.

The situation was the same as Derfel. I ordered those during the Boxing Day sale where they had a pricing error for the PSP Go (White). At least they notified me that it wasn't going to be honoured within about a day or two unlike what they did to Derfel...

Edited by penetratingpincer, 26 October 2011 - 03:43 PM.
Fix typos

#45 Endokun

Endokun

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:00 AM

My order still stands as well, although I won't be able to play it at all with school life and all.

#46 Rastafari

Rastafari

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 12:56 PM

At this point I think those that still have the order pending should get it. Unless of course they sell out of stock and can't get any back in. Good luck to you guys I myself missed the deal but, I have faith for you :P

#47 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 04:31 PM

My order still stands as well, although I won't be able to play it at all with school life and all.

You should be able to get through it in a weekend, you can do it!

#48 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:20 PM

Since last night my order status has changed to Shipping Soon and instead of a cancel button it says Request Cancellation. We did it, guys! Shipping estimate of Nov. 4th, but I can't complain.

#49 penetratingpincer

penetratingpincer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:33 PM

Since last night my order status has changed to Shipping Soon and instead of a cancel button it says Request Cancellation. We did it, guys! Shipping estimate of Nov. 4th, but I can't complain.

That's good news! Enjoy your CE when it arrives :)

#50 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:37 PM

Hopefully it wont be banged up or the statue's head broke off. Any time I order a CD from them (very rare) the case is always broken!

#51 Skardee

Skardee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:35 AM

Same for me! Though I wouldn't really hold Amazon to that release date. I had ordered the LotR Complete Blu-ray when it was estimating 1 to 3 months, being delivered as late as December 24, arrived a mere 2 weeks after I had placed the order. Either way, Amazon has some good customer service for honouring that price. Very excited to get this one in the mail.

#52 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 08:12 AM

I always get their shipments faster than the estimated delivery, not sure about estimated ship date. I'm really hoping the thing doesn't get damaged in the mail. Any time I order a CD from them the jewel case is cracked, and I read about some other CE having broken statues. Maybe that wasn't an Amazon thing.

#53 matsam

matsam

Cooldude pts hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 12:21 PM

I just got my pre-order PSN code for special weapons from amazon.ca via email. This is a very good sign!
Posted Image

#54 cswloo

cswloo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 02:52 PM

I just got my pre-order PSN code for special weapons from amazon.ca via email. This is a very good sign!

Mine was in my email this morning as well.
Posted Image

#55 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 04:21 PM

I got the code too, it's a done deal! I just looked up the different store bonuses and it looks like Gamestop didn't get the best one, shocking! Amazon gets 3 items while everyone else gets one. They're all just early unlocks so no big deal.

Edited by Solid-Snake-Eyes, 01 November 2011 - 04:49 PM.

#56 wing00

wing00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 04:49 PM

I got the code too, it's a done deal! I just looked up the different store bonuses and it looks like Gamestop didn't get the best one, shocking! Amazon gets 3 items while everyone else gets two. They're all just early unlocks so no big deal.

Nope, the CE does not contain any codes or "super voucher" like other playstation titles.

#57 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 04:57 PM

I don't really value early unlocks, I think I'll package the code with the Futureshop copy I need to sell.

#58 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 08:36 PM

Shipped via Canada Post!

#59 Skardee

Skardee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 08:43 PM

Shipped via Canada Post!

Huh. UPS for me. Oh well!

#60 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 08:59 PM

I'm in Toronto, it must be due to our different locations.