Star Wars: The Old Republic - Out now!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
782 replies to this topic

#31 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2011 - 10:44 PM

Shit, I hope there's nothing fundamentally wrong with the game and that it's just not polished. I can put up with silly things but not big things. Ugh, I hope they at least patch the shit out of it in the first month or two.

#32 cgarb84

cgarb84

KEAK HEEM IN DA BALLS!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2011 - 10:57 PM

If I gave off the impression I was surprised at the release date because of my beta experience that isn't entirely true, the date being so soon just kind of surprised me. No one panic just yet! Man this just sucks I just want to frickin talk about the game!!! Bioware was so stupid when they closed the official beta forums the week after the beta ended. Now none of us have any way to discuss the game anymore.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#33 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2011 - 11:29 PM

If I gave off the impression I was surprised at the release date because of my beta experience that isn't entirely true, the date being so soon just kind of surprised me. No one panic just yet! Man this just sucks I just want to frickin talk about the game!!! Bioware was so stupid when they closed the official beta forums the week after the beta ended. Now none of us have any way to discuss the game anymore.

The beta forums are open and should still be viewable from people in the last beta. So you should be able to see them and post there again even though you're not currently in the beta anymore.

EDIT: Though if you were a beta weekend person, then this may not hold to the same rules as closed beta.

Edited by Draekon, 30 September 2011 - 01:26 AM.

#34 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2011 - 04:35 AM

My buddy let me play it, and I enjoyed the few hours I played. This was back in like June or so I believe, and I was playing a Jedi Knight.

#35 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 29 September 2011 - 02:22 PM

So read between the lines... it's not a finished product. I'm really thinking about cancelling my preorder now which is disappointing that yet another space-themed MMO has been fucked up.

You don't need feedback from beta to tell it's being rushed at this point. We've been shown very little in terms of PvP, almost nothing on instances, and as far as I'm concerned the hype is riding on trailers and bits of info; not gameplay.

They aren't ready to talk about their product yet because it's not done. I've come to accept that MMOs will always launch in a beta state, because there's really no drawing the line and saying "there, it's done". All I care about at this point is: will it be fun? I think the answer to that will be yes, but the staying power will be what BW needs for it to survive. That one worries me.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#36 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2011 - 08:54 PM

Invites are all out for this wave of beta. Better luck next wave.

#37 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2011 - 10:40 PM

/sigh People who bought Collector's Editions should totally take precedence over people who didn't.

#38 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2011 - 12:39 AM

/sigh People who bought Collector's Editions should totally take precedence over people who didn't.

You was expecting to be treated fairly? :lol:

Megazell's Free and Legal PC Games!

http://freeandlegalpcgames.wordpress.com/

It's free or Fuck it!

#39 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2011 - 12:50 AM

yea a lot of things don't work around launch...things really start rolling after the 3rd month...but by that time they will have already bragged how they sold millions of copies :(

Star wars galaxies for example, took months for them to do player cities and mounts.

#40 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2011 - 02:01 AM

I like that BioWare sends me and email asking me to take a survey about my game testing experience. I'd take your stupid survey IF I WAS IN THE BETA! They're taunting me and I don't like it!

#41 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2011 - 02:07 AM

Yeah, everybody got that e-mail. The best way to check if you got in or not is to check the website:

http://www.swtor.com/tester

Though due to those two faux mails, the traffic that was generated towards the site overloaded it, heh.

#42 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 30 September 2011 - 03:07 PM

Lol, I wasn't even important enough to get trolled by that survey email. I'm glad I still don't have an invite because I have zero time to play it right now.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#43 hustletron

hustletron

the struggle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2011 - 04:58 PM

This is one beta I'm sad I didn't get invited to. I'm looking forward to this game so much.

fs_overall.png

#44 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 04 October 2011 - 05:34 PM

This is one beta I'm sad I didn't get invited to. I'm looking forward to this game so much.

Everyone who wants to beta this before launch will get a chance to. That's more or less a paraphrase of what they've said on beta.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#45 Chris S

Chris S

What custom user title?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2011 - 10:41 PM

I don't know if they're doing another wave of invites but I had one in my inbox this afternoon at 5CST. I also received the troll email last week (not sure if that means anything but worth pointing out).

#46 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2011 - 11:01 PM

Is that for Beta Weekends or Closed Beta? My source says closed beta invites are closed for this phase, but Beta Weekends still go out (which is separate from closed beta).

#47 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 05 October 2011 - 02:06 PM

It's for beta weekend. We had another clan member get invited the other day.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#48 cgarb84

cgarb84

KEAK HEEM IN DA BALLS!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2011 - 02:35 PM

I was just invited to the beta weekend again. Only problem is I am swamped with work all week/weekend and will have zero time to play it. I think I might just decline the offer unfortunately. I wish I could just gift it to one of my friends who would really like to be in it.

EDIT: UGH I just declined the offer, this really sucks.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#49 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2011 - 03:34 PM

I'd be curious if people who were in beta weekends once before and came back, if their characters from the last weekend would still be there or if they wipe every week.

#50 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 05 October 2011 - 04:25 PM

I'd be curious if people who were in beta weekends once before and came back, if their characters from the last weekend would still be there or if they wipe every week.

Always wiped because it's a new build every time from what I understand.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#51 binici

binici

www.TheTradeBox.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2011 - 05:17 PM

I was waiting patiently for my invite, but never received one. I even upgrading my desktop to a beastly one for upcoming games...

#52 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:57 PM

I got into the beta for this weekend, I will probably spend most of it trying the game out.

#53 TwelveVolt

TwelveVolt

Nobody from Nowhere

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:10 PM

I didn't get an invite yet. With my luck I'll get one for Blizzcon weekend.

#54 drjones83

drjones83

Living the dream...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:51 PM

Just got my invite for this weekend.
Posted Image

#55 binici

binici

www.TheTradeBox.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2011 - 06:12 AM

Just got my invite for this weekend.

Same here! Happy times!

#56 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2011 - 04:51 PM

For those playing this weekend beta my name will be Jaxom Spiegel, or if not I will post whatever name I do get. Hit me up and we can quest together, I will most likely be playing a Smuggler or Sith Inquisitor or both.

#57 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2011 - 10:34 PM

I hate you all :(

#58 Superstar

Superstar

CAG Superstar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2011 - 02:04 AM

No beta invite here yet. :(

#59 ShadowSx

ShadowSx

Why so serious?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2011 - 02:08 AM

No beta invite here yet. :(

They won't be sending out any more invites until next weekend, they send the invites out on Tuesday so you have enough time to download it and be able to play on Friday.

#60 Superstar

Superstar

CAG Superstar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2011 - 02:11 AM

They won't be sending out any more invites until next weekend, they send the invites out on Tuesday so you have enough time to download it and be able to play on Friday.

Ahh I just assumed they sent them out on the weekend. Thanks for the heads up. I haven't had time to read much about the game lately due to work.