• ATI: X1800
    • nVidia: 7800
    • Intel: 4100 Integrated Graphics

Pre-Order Information:
Standard Edition:

• $60
  • 30 Days of Game Time
  • Pre-Order Perk: Early Game Access Key
  • Pre-Order Perk: Color Stone (In-Game Item; Color: Golden)
Digital Standard Edition:

• $60
  • 30 Days of Game Time
  • Available only on Origin

Digital Deluxe Edition:

Collectors Edition:

• $150
  • 30 Days of Game Time
  • Darth Malgus Statue by Gentle Giant
  • Metal Disc Case
  • Journal of Master Gnost-Dural as annotated by Satele Shan
  • The Old Republic Galaxy Map
  • Custom Security Authentication Key
  • Music of Star Wars: The Old Republic CD
  • Flare Gun (In-Game Item)
  • Training Droid (In-Game Companion/Pet)
  • HoloDancer (In-Game Item)
  • HoloCam (In-Game Item)
  • STAP (In-Game Vehicle)
  • Mouse Droid (In-Game Pet; Non-Combat)
  • CE Store (In-Game Vendor)

Early Game Access Details:

• Originally when you pre-ordered on the first day, you would receive a standard or collectors edition pre-order access key and there was speculation due to various sources that the amount of early access time was tied to that. However from a Q&A session at comic-con it has been changed to when you enter that early access code on your swtor.com account.
  • Likely to start up to 7 days before the release on the 20th. So we're looking at possibly the 13th for Early Access.

Last edited by a moderator:
In case any spillover is required into another post to keep things neat, I'll go ahead and reserve the first reply.

I signed up for this and have not seen an email yet about getting in. A friend of mine got in and I don't think anyone has talked to him since the 11th or 12th.

Damn, I'm not in a guild so my chances are already reduced at getting in at this stage. I'll just keep my fingers crossed for the next phase.

What worries me is none of the PK guilds I've checked on (including us) have seen invites. And these are guilds 14 years or older, so I'm convinced they're still playtesting PvE and don't give a shit about PvP. The Q&A's I've read suggest that the people in beta either can't or won't open world PvP and have only tried out their 'battlegrounds'. BioWare is going to have a huge backlash from the SWG community when they do release and the PvP is garbage because they didn't test it thoroughly (especially now that SWG is being shut down because of TOR).

Oh well, from what I hear there's nothing to do at 50 anyways, so if the game is a massive failure then I hope BioWare burns for it.

Numberwise, I wonder how many people have gotten into beta?

*goes to check her neglected email*

HOLY SHIT

And now that is all I can say about the Star Wars beta.

I would love to get in the beta but if I don't then so be it. I am anxious to hear more details about these beta weekends though, I am guessing at least one of them may be open to all but that could just be wishful thinking. I imagine they need to do some sort of stress test before this thing launches, it's going to be a giant release (at least initially).

I assume Beta Weekends will be open to all (or at least all who has a pre-order code linked to their account). As for adding information to this thread, any ideas on the direction I should head for? I'd have some more information in, but work has been tying up most of my free time off hours.

There's really nothing to add. Until there's a release date, I doubt BioWare is going to share any real information with the world.

Then I'll add the Friday weekly updates every Friday. Maybe throw in some other videos/screenshots at some point.

God I hope I don't have to waste another afternoon on the phone with Symantec Enterprise Support fixing Backup Exec 2010. Why oh why does this customer use Backup Exec? It is god awful and it causes me nothing but headaches.

I'm really surprised it's coming this year (although barely) given the reaction to beta, but I suppose it's a business move now that D3 was pushed to next year. It's the perfect release window, so I can't really blame them. One thing is for sure: this has to be better than good or that's it. This game is quite honestly a turning point for MMOs, because if this one fails then nobody in the industry will touch another for years.

[quote name='Jodou']I'm really surprised it's coming this year (although barely) given the reaction to beta, but I suppose it's a business move now that D3 was pushed to next year. It's the perfect release window, so I can't really blame them. One thing is for sure: this has to be better than good or that's it. This game is quite honestly a turning point for MMOs, because if this one fails then nobody in the industry will touch another for years.[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily, don't forget about Blizzard's "Titan".

Phase 2 of the closed beta started yesterday/today. Emails of invites for it go from yesterday to the end/30th of this month. Have a friend who got in and says it's awesome (and he's quite the pessimist). Had to get the bastard to shut up about the game through threats before I got a very real urge to smash his head into a cement wall.

[quote name='ShadowSx']Not necessarily, don't forget about Blizzard's "Titan".[/QUOTE]
Titan will not be an MMO, not in the conventional sense. There's no way Blizzard is going to compete for market share with them-self.

[quote name='Jodou']Titan will not be an MMO, not in the conventional sense. There's no way Blizzard is going to compete for market share with them-self.[/QUOTE]

An MMO is an MMO, regardless, which Titan is. It could just be of a different genre like a FPS MMO.

WoW is a dying breed. The amount if people that are quitting is only going down faster and faster, WoW will eventually become F2P or a lower price, and Titan will take its spot.

Also look at Warcraft and Starcraft, both RTSs no?

I need to catch up on all the classes for this game, because you know 90% of the users will be Jedi/Sith users. I wouldn't mind being a Bounty Hunter or a Commando unit. Hopefully this game won't get hit with too many nerf bats.

[quote name='ITDEFX']I need to catch up on all the classes for this game, because you know 90% of the users will be Jedi/Sith users. I wouldn't mind being a Bounty Hunter or a Commando unit. Hopefully this game won't get hit with too many nerf bats.[/QUOTE]
Actually Sith Warrior is second to last in popularity. Sadly, the only class I want to play is almost at the top: BH.
swtor-classes.jpg

I hope I get into the beta, I've felt a bit empty inside since I quit WoW a few months ago. I really like MMOs but unfortunately there are none worth playing right now. I really hope this does well.

I'm surprised Jedi Consular is so high and that Smuggler and Sith Warrior are so low. I was planning on rolling a Bounty Hunter as well, not sure if I'm going to be ranged dps or heals though (depending on what my friends will roll).

I can not wait for this game. I have given up on WoW because I didnt get in until late Wraith and we all know what that was like so it will be nice to get into a MMO on the ground floor! I will be in the AIE guild and it would be awesome if some Caggers are in AIE or join AIE for TOR

[quote name='Jodou']Actually Sith Warrior is second to last in popularity. Sadly, the only class I want to play is almost at the top: BH.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't get too disappointed yet, those numbers are likely not very accurate since they're taken from a small sample size of only people who visit that website and vote.

As of right now though, Sith has more people registered in guilds on the official site.

Huh, pretty well-informed piece on the timing of the release date announcement. As I said, the game coming this year did come as a surprise but given the delay of Diablo III may have spurred that course of action. I predicted back in July that a Christmas release was likely and I'm sure they have been targeting this date all along. What concerns me is on Friday after D3 was delayed, they probably had an emergency meeting to determine if they could make that date. We'll never know for sure, but that's my gut feeling and I hope it doesn't turn out to be a bad decision on their part.

At any rate, I can at least now plan what games I need to play beforehand. It's such a tight schedule that Rage, Uncharted 3, and Batman will probably have to wait until next year.

So far I'm of mixed feelings about this game.

I probably won't be buying it on release date.

I can't wait until the NDA is lifted.

I was in the first weekend beta earlier this month. Obviously I can't really talk about it (stupid NDA) but needless to say I was surprised at the December 20 launch date. I figured for sure this would come out in 2012. Man I hate NDA's, I really wish I could talk about it with you guys.

[quote name='Spacepest']So far I'm of mixed feelings about this game.

I probably won't be buying it on release date.

I can't wait until the NDA is lifted.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='cgarb84']I was in the first weekend beta earlier this month. Obviously I can't really talk about it (stupid NDA) but needless to say I was surprised at the December 20 launch date. I figured for sure this would come out in 2012. Man I hate NDA's, I really wish I could talk about it with you guys.[/QUOTE]

So read between the lines... it's not a finished product. I'm really thinking about cancelling my preorder now which is disappointing that yet another space-themed MMO has been fucked up.

Shit, I hope there's nothing fundamentally wrong with the game and that it's just not polished. I can put up with silly things but not big things. Ugh, I hope they at least patch the shit out of it in the first month or two.

If I gave off the impression I was surprised at the release date because of my beta experience that isn't entirely true, the date being so soon just kind of surprised me. No one panic just yet! Man this just sucks I just want to frickin talk about the game!!! Bioware was so stupid when they closed the official beta forums the week after the beta ended. Now none of us have any way to discuss the game anymore.

[quote name='cgarb84']If I gave off the impression I was surprised at the release date because of my beta experience that isn't entirely true, the date being so soon just kind of surprised me. No one panic just yet! Man this just sucks I just want to frickin talk about the game!!! Bioware was so stupid when they closed the official beta forums the week after the beta ended. Now none of us have any way to discuss the game anymore.[/QUOTE]

The beta forums are open and should still be viewable from people in the last beta. So you should be able to see them and post there again even though you're not currently in the beta anymore.

EDIT: Though if you were a beta weekend person, then this may not hold to the same rules as closed beta.

My buddy let me play it, and I enjoyed the few hours I played. This was back in like June or so I believe, and I was playing a Jedi Knight.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']So read between the lines... it's not a finished product. I'm really thinking about cancelling my preorder now which is disappointing that yet another space-themed MMO has been fucked up.[/QUOTE]
You don't need feedback from beta to tell it's being rushed at this point. We've been shown very little in terms of PvP, almost nothing on instances, and as far as I'm concerned the hype is riding on trailers and bits of info; not gameplay.

They aren't ready to talk about their product yet because it's not done. I've come to accept that MMOs will always launch in a beta state, because there's really no drawing the line and saying "there, it's done". All I care about at this point is: will it be fun? I think the answer to that will be yes, but the staying power will be what BW needs for it to survive. That one worries me.

[quote name='tcrash247']/sigh People who bought Collector's Editions should totally take precedence over people who didn't.[/QUOTE]

You was expecting to be treated fairly? :lol:

yea a lot of things don't work around launch...things really start rolling after the 3rd month...but by that time they will have already bragged how they sold millions of copies :(

Star wars galaxies for example, took months for them to do player cities and mounts.

I like that BioWare sends me and email asking me to take a survey about my game testing experience. I'd take your stupid survey IF I WAS IN THE BETA! They're taunting me and I don't like it!

Lol, I wasn't even important enough to get trolled by that survey email. I'm glad I still don't have an invite because I have zero time to play it right now.

[quote name='hustletron']This is one beta I'm sad I didn't get invited to. I'm looking forward to this game so much.[/QUOTE]
Everyone who wants to beta this before launch will get a chance to. That's more or less a paraphrase of what they've said on beta.

I don't know if they're doing another wave of invites but I had one in my inbox this afternoon at 5CST. I also received the troll email last week (not sure if that means anything but worth pointing out).

Is that for Beta Weekends or Closed Beta? My source says closed beta invites are closed for this phase, but Beta Weekends still go out (which is separate from closed beta).

I was just invited to the beta weekend again. Only problem is I am swamped with work all week/weekend and will have zero time to play it. I think I might just decline the offer unfortunately. I wish I could just gift it to one of my friends who would really like to be in it.

EDIT: UGH I just declined the offer, this really sucks.

I'd be curious if people who were in beta weekends once before and came back, if their characters from the last weekend would still be there or if they wipe every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back