Photo
- - - - -

Onlive

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 victimsofadown

victimsofadown

Posted 22 September 2011 - 07:15 PM

There are currently no free to play games with OnLive. The model is supposed to resemble Netflix with their streaming options. You can also buy games through OnLive. Also, if you can't afford $10 a month then I don't know how you play anything that isn't free to play.

I either play games I already own or buy a cheap game every few months... thanks for the info, I'll hock it to a friend I guess :cry:
Posted Image

#32 nattybohman

nattybohman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2011 - 02:37 AM

I either play games I already own or buy a cheap game every few months... thanks for the info, I'll hock it to a friend I guess :cry:

You may want to hold on to it. Every Friday they have a game on sale for $5.00.
Last week I picked up Mafia II. Before that I got Arkham Asylum for .99 cents on the Labor Day weekend sale.
I'm really enjoying Onlive. I got the console for free with the Deus Ex HR pre-order and it's very well made. The controller is almost identical to a 360 controller and it's sturdy. It came with a rechargeable battery, regular battery, HDMI cable (Sony, Microsoft?) and a charging cable.

For a free system I was completely blown away.
Posted Image
Get your own Gamercard Sig.

#33 jpoon78

jpoon78

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2011 - 12:28 AM

Personally I couldn't justify Onlive since you lose the ability to mod a game, and even worse you likely don't own the games you're paying for. I tried the demo of Assassins Creed Brotherhood and I was unimpressed. The image quality was really quite low, and there was a noticeable lag (im on a 5GB cable connection) which I didn't expect. However this might be different for those with a subscription. Your mileage may vary...

#34 nattybohman

nattybohman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2011 - 12:11 AM

Personally I couldn't justify Onlive since you lose the ability to mod a game, and even worse you likely don't own the games you're paying for. I tried the demo of Assassins Creed Brotherhood and I was unimpressed. The image quality was really quite low, and there was a noticeable lag (im on a 5GB cable connection) which I didn't expect. However this might be different for those with a subscription. Your mileage may vary...

Mods are supposed to be on the way, but it doesn't bother me either way. I like the convenience of being able to play on lots of devices without worrying about saved games or meeting specs.
Also, I find the image quality to be pretty good. Not as good as my high end PC, but at least as good as the Xbox 360 or PS3.

My main reason for buying is the price. It's hard to beat buying a good older game for $5 or pre-ordering a new one and getting a free console or another game free.

No lag for me either unless I play wireless.
Posted Image
Get your own Gamercard Sig.

#35 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2011 - 01:14 AM

Mods are supposed to be on the way, but it doesn't bother me either way. I like the convenience of being able to play on lots of devices without worrying about saved games or meeting specs.
Also, I find the image quality to be pretty good. Not as good as my high end PC, but at least as good as the Xbox 360 or PS3.

My main reason for buying is the price. It's hard to beat buying a good older game for $5 or pre-ordering a new one and getting a free console or another game free.

No lag for me either unless I play wireless.

Yeah but with a PC connected to other devices you can do the same, though. It's great for ppl without or unable to get a PC but for those that have it's like buying sea water in the ocean.

Edited by Megazell, 29 September 2011 - 01:29 AM.

Megazell's Free and Legal PC Games!

http://freeandlegalpcgames.wordpress.com/

It's free or Fuck it!

#36 soulvengeance

soulvengeance

Beating dead horses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2011 - 04:49 PM

I got a console for free, and bought a few games for cheap, it's actually not bad on a tv. On a pc/netbook, it looks pretty terrible though, and the lag is easier to detect. Overall, I can't really argue with the value I got it at since the console was free.:)
mytradelist:
http://www.cheapassg...864#post2614864

Calls this what you may, but I would say that Blacks actually benefited from the slavery. Comparing the current lives of many African Americans to Africans, one can see that the former live in much better conditions with greater freedoms and opportunities.