Alice: Madness Returns $24.99/$29.99 + Free Shipping at Origin

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#61 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2011 - 09:39 PM

I decided to jump on this if and only if I can get my birthday code to stack with the deal. My birthday code has said invalid, even when I use it without this code. Talking to EA rep right now. Will update soon.

The % coupon code do expire. I just found out about that last week.

#62 GaveUpTomorrow

GaveUpTomorrow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2011 - 10:55 PM

I am semi tempted, but I will wait until the inevitable $40 price drop, followed by the 60% off flash deal.

#63 chimpian

chimpian

Now 10% more chimp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2011 - 12:05 AM

grabbed it witha bday code for $24 with taxes
Im happy
thanks op
vivat grendel

Posted Image

#64 mrforensics

mrforensics

Posted 14 August 2011 - 12:58 AM

Thanks OP.

#65 trunks982

trunks982

Wii are the Champions!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2011 - 01:01 AM

So where are you getting this information from?

go back to page 2 and look at my post which is #40

#66 tink

tink

keep on rollin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2011 - 07:16 AM

Anyone else have trouble getting Free Shipping for this deal?

Trying to order in California, but getting a 6.99 shipping charge.
Discount of Xbox version to 29.99 showing correctly, but shipping still adds that price.

fs.png

#67 newtypex

newtypex

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2011 - 09:21 AM

wow the 360 version looks way better. I am suprised, usually the ps3 stomps the xbox. I own both consoles.

Generally, most multi-platform games look better and perform better on the 360. Recently, though, most games are about equal. I'd say Alice: Madness returns looks better on the 360 by a slight margin going by comparison screen shots on the Lens of Truth website.

#68 NuclearPorkchop

NuclearPorkchop

Herc Mondo's Cousin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2011 - 10:02 AM

While I can't speak for Alice directly, I highly suggest those with both a ps3 & 360 to try and remember to check Euro-Gamer's Digital Foundry face-offs regarding multi-console releases. Along with screenshots (which are also available from Lens of Truth*), they have detailed breakdowns with actual direct-feed video to compare each game, which I find infinitely more compelling than static images with gimmicky sliders and magnification.

My two cents, take it or leave it.

*edit*
To be clear, Lens of Truth & Digital Foundry do NOT share screen captures. I was merely pointing out that Lens of Truth seems to ONLY offer still frames, instead of video.

Currently Playing:
:ps3: MGS Peace Walker HD

:360: n/a
:pc: Hearthstone, Sam & Max S1E04; Spec Ops The Line

Add me on Steam, we'll play games and stuff:

#69 matteo

matteo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2011 - 04:33 AM

REDEMPTION

Hey I just received my birthday code yesterday !

Somehow I still managed to receive the deal even though I'm well into 8/15 (eastern)

So for anyone who created a made up birthday a day after you made your account, check your emails.

#70 Runch

Runch

Responsibly Reckless

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2011 - 01:46 AM

So apparently, the free shipping from Origin is slow as balls. I ordered this the first morning it was posted, just got confirmation that it shipped. At least I have plenty of other stuff to play in the meantime.
Posted Image

#71 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2011 - 02:09 AM

So apparently, the free shipping from Origin is slow as balls. I ordered this the first morning it was posted, just got confirmation that it shipped. At least I have plenty of other stuff to play in the meantime.

Mine is already here.

#72 GaveUpTomorrow

GaveUpTomorrow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2011 - 02:16 AM

I have used EA's free shipping at least a half a dozen times and I usually get the package next day or two days at max. It always really catches me off guard. Since it has shipped for you, expect it in a day or two max.

#73 4tygames

4tygames

Cover Guru

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2011 - 02:41 AM

I got the fame recently on the ps3. I have been playing the original game. It looks great for being 10+ years old. The HD conversion really makes the game pop. The gameplay reminds me of Epic Mickey with blood.