Newegg Preorder ESV: Skyrim, NBA 2K12 $48, Kinect Sports Season 2 $38 w/ FS

Strider2K99

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Newegg continues its aggressive preorder deals, this time with Skyrim, each version at $48 w/ free 3 day shipping. This deal is good for 72 hours only.

PC: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ..._-EMC-081211-Index-_-PCGames-_-32136020-L022C
Promo Code: EMCKBJH96

PS3: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-EMC-081211-Index-_-PS3Games-_-79228023-L022D
Promo Code: EMCKBJH97

360: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-081211-Index-_-Xbox360Games-_-79228022-L023A
Promo Code: EMCKBJH98

Some more deals thanks to ShockandAww:

NBA 2K12 Xbox $47.99 code: EMCKBJH99

NBA 2K12 PS3 code: EMCKBJH222

Kinect Sports Season 2 Xbox $37.99 code: EMCKBJH223

Last edited by a moderator:
Locked in! Newegg strikes again, Thanks OP!

I wonder if newegg pre-orders get the physical map (pre-order bonus).

[quote name='Strider2K99']Newegg continues its aggressive preorder deals, this time with Skyrim, each version at $48 w/ free 3 day shipping. This deal is good for 72 hours only.

PC: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ..._-EMC-081211-Index-_-PCGames-_-32136020-L022C
Promo Code: EMCKBJH96

PS3: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-EMC-081211-Index-_-PS3Games-_-79228023-L022D
Promo Code: EMCKBJH97

360: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-081211-Index-_-Xbox360Games-_-79228022-L023A
Promo Code: EMCKBJH98[/QUOTE]

They are quite aggressive as of late. That's pretty awesome.

Any idea if there is release day shipping? If not, I'd rather pay $12 extra to get the game the same day. I can't wait.

[quote name='Ronin187']Any idea if there is release day shipping? If not, I'd rather pay $12 extra to get the game the same day. I can't wait.[/QUOTE]

I'm also curious. Last game I ordered from them was GTA 4 on release. I don't remember if I got it on release day, or later. $12 off isn't bad, though, considering $20 credits don't seem as popular for the moment.

I was hoping for a glitch with the CE version,but they don't even have it listed from what i could see.

Would love to see something similar with the CE - I've already bitten over at Amazon, but I'd love to save a few bucks on what is probably the only new game I'm picking up rest of the year.

Here's some links for the other games on sale add it to the OP if you want:

NBA 2K12 Xbox $47.99 code: EMCKBJH99

NBA 2K12 PS3 code: EMCKBJH222

Kinect Sports Season 2 Xbox $37.99 code: EMCKBJH223

Kinect Sports seems like a good buy to me if you don't get charged tax. Amazon Won't match that and even if Kmart does a $15 coupon after tax you're still spending more there.

[quote name='karyadi']Newcustomer10 works again ;D[/QUOTE]
I dont get how you use that effectively. What are you adding to make it over $50? Is there anything you can add that will drop the price lower than the sale price of the games? If so, what?

I'm starting to dislike newegg, they are making it very difficult to decide where to buy my games. I have to see what Amazon comes back with to match this. :)

You're disliking Newegg because they're giving you options? lol I love Newegg because it shows I don't need to stick to Best Buy or Amazon or clearance haha I can get a new game cheaper + NEWCUSTOMER10 + no tax + shoprunner.

[quote name='Ronin187']Any idea if there is release day shipping? If not, I'd rather pay $12 extra to get the game the same day. I can't wait.[/QUOTE] I'm in the same boat. This is the one game coming out this year that needs to be at my door Day1. Still a great deal for those with more patience than myself.

[quote name='Odinsfury']This is a great deal, but no release day shipping is going to ruin it for such highly anticipated game.[/QUOTE]

That's kinda silly IMO. Skyrim is one of the few games that wont be 39.99 on sale somewhere for a while, and if you can wait 5 years, you can wait 3 days for UPS.

Also, the game releases technically on a friday, so they can do the 11/11/11 thing. That means that they will have it in stock that week already, so if youre lucky, itll ship out tuesday or wednesday and arrive on friday anyway

actually, it comes out 2 weeks before black friday/weekend so theres a good chance it will go on sale, between black friday and new years.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']That's kinda silly IMO. Skyrim is one of the few games that wont be 39.99 on sale somewhere for a while, and if you can wait 5 years, you can wait 3 days for UPS.

Also, the game releases technically on a friday, so they can do the 11/11/11 thing. That means that they will have it in stock that week already, so if youre lucky, itll ship out tuesday or wednesday and arrive on friday anyway[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Kyoz']I wonder if newegg pre-orders get the physical map (pre-order bonus).[/QUOTE]

The map is packed inside the game case according to Amazon and EB Games, so probably.

[quote name='Kyoz']I wonder if newegg pre-orders get the physical map (pre-order bonus).[/QUOTE]
This is what I'm curious about.

Kinnect Sports 2 for 37.99

Code EMCKBJH223

Sorry for double post and also, I would of made a thread for these but it's better to combine it with this thread. So first poster, please combine these sales and change the title if you can.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IF YOU WANT TO PREORDER THEIR ITEMS, PREORDER THEM ONE BY ONE! DO NOT PREORDER THEM ALL TOGETHER INTO ONE ORDER JUST IN CASE YOU CHANGE YOUR MIND TO CANCEL ONE GAME OUT OF THE 2 OR 3! IT WILL CANCEL THE ENTIRE ORDER AND YOU WILL LOSE YOUR PROMO CODE SPECIAL! I am just saying once the promo is dead and you decide to cancel a game, that's it, you can't recover that preorder anymore. It happened to my Rage and Uncharted 3, I wanted to cancel Uncharted 3 and it went ahead and canceled Rage all together and now they won't even revive that Rage preorder anymore. So PREORDER ONE BY ONE if you're the type that likes to change your mind or can't afford it later down the road.

I had six games pre-ordered from Amazon last month, and Newegg has already stolen four of them. I'm tempted to switch once again, but I pre-ordered Skyrim when I was a Prime member and got free release date shipping, and this is pretty much the only game in years that I truly want to play on day one. Another great deal from Newegg, though. If it weren't for the slightly slower shipping and the fact that I also had some Amazon credit to use on Skyrim, they would have stolen yet another purchase.

I bit on Kinect Sports 2, though. I've owned that thing for a while now, so I may as well buy something for it.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']How many accounts have you made???[/QUOTE]

3 new ones.. lol I only pre-ordered 3 times + NEWCUSTOMER10. Microsoft Points, Microsoft points, and 12.99 powerex batteries. ;D

[quote name='segasaturnsnk']Kinnect Sports 2 for 37.99

Code EMCKBJH223

Sorry for double post and also, I would of made a thread for these but it's better to combine it with this thread. So first poster, please combine these sales and change the title if you can.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IF YOU WANT TO PREORDER THEIR ITEMS, PREORDER THEM ONE BY ONE! DO NOT PREORDER THEM ALL TOGETHER INTO ONE ORDER JUST IN CASE YOU CHANGE YOUR MIND TO CANCEL ONE GAME OUT OF THE 2 OR 3! IT WILL CANCEL THE ENTIRE ORDER AND YOU WILL LOSE YOUR PROMO CODE SPECIAL! I am just saying once the promo is dead and you decide to cancel a game, that's it, you can't recover that preorder anymore. It happened to my Rage and Uncharted 3, I wanted to cancel Uncharted 3 and it went ahead and canceled Rage all together and now they won't even revive that Rage preorder anymore. So PREORDER ONE BY ONE if you're the type that likes to change your mind or can't afford it later down the road.[/QUOTE]

I can always give you Rage, I never intended to really look forward to it. PM shipping info :p Just pay me back or something.

[quote name='scottc1s']Will this come with the cloth map???? if so I'm sold[/QUOTE]

Oh, crapness, I didn't think of that. Already cancelled my Amazon. Guess I'd better contact them and find out.

Just got off chat with a Brenda Xu who unfortunately confirmed that no, pre-ordering from NewEgg does NOT get you the bonus map.

On the plus side... My cancelled Amazon order also included a second item, less than $25 and already shipped, and they didn't reapply a shipping charge. (Shhh, nobody tell them!)

Skrim is perfect timing. Released before thanksgiving. Probably best plaaaayed over the break too. Soak yourself in all of its glory over the break, especially if you don't celebrate thanksgiving like me. Just game all break long bebeh

[quote name='morrodox']Just got off chat with a Brenda Xu who unfortunately confirmed that no, pre-ordering from NewEgg does NOT get you the bonus map.

On the plus side... My cancelled Amazon order also included a second item, less than $25 and already shipped, and they didn't reapply a shipping charge. (Shhh, nobody tell them!)[/QUOTE]

Aww no pre-order bonus map? :(

Also, how are people getting charged tax on Amazon? I live in california and amazon never changes me tax, but I do get charged tax from Newegg...

Im not worried about the map for 12$.. I can generally press the map key and figure out where I am.

As far as release day shipping, it depends when the game gets to Newegg. Sometimes they get the game before release date, ship it and it arrives to your place on release date, sometimes its a couple days later. Its not an issue for me, since I work M-F and really only have time to play on weekends anyhow.

Ive been following these deals since they've arrived and im wondering whats everyones opinion on them.Like whats wrong with receiving a 20 gc from bestbuy and guaranteed release day pick up or the same with kmart? I would just like to see what everyones point of view is. As for myself i had about 30 games i was planning on trading in and between bestbuy and gamestop i was looking at a 150-175 with the promos they had running and honestly it just left a sour taste in my mouth like i was getting shafted from behind. I decided to try out ebay and was able to make 311.75 off 20 of the games which is all going towards the fall rush of games. Skyrim for me is definitely a day one purchase and i plan on locking myself in my man cave and disappear! Sorry for the rant but i just wanted to see how everyone feels newegg is stomping the rest of the big guys(amazon,bestbuy,kmart etc...)

how are folks getting the Newcustomer10 to work? I keep on getting the message "Although you've entered a valid promo code NEWCUSTOMER10, your order does not currently meet the code's usage criteria."

[quote name='icedrake523']I'll place an order. But if Amazon's goes down to $55, I'll pay the extra $2 to get it release day and the map.[/QUOTE]

If you're getting the 360 version, Amazon is already down to $54.54.

[quote name='morrodox']If you're getting the 360 version, Amazon is already down to $54.54.[/QUOTE]

I'm getting the PC version. It was $54 at one point but has gone back up to $59. Still rather spend the extra $5 for the PC version. Only way to play this game.

Preordered this morning. Every morning I wake up now, first thing I do is check my inbox for newegg promos lol. However I am still pissed about PC games' MSRP jumping up to 59.99...

I should only have to pay 37.99 for this.

Nice deal! Shame I'll be getting it at K-mart, the deal is likely better. Plus I'll have tons of coups saved up. October and November is gonna be ridiculous

Decisions, decisions. I already have gift money at Amazon + Prime + free release day delivery. The cheap ass is me though is thinking I will take the New Egg deal and buy something else on Amazon. :)

[quote name='mkaliaz']Decisions, decisions. I already have gift money at Amazon + Prime + free release day delivery. The cheap ass is me though is thinking I will take the New Egg deal and buy something else on Amazon. :)[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat as you... However the CAG in me said to go with this so that's what I did for Kinect Sports 2 and Skyrim.

Newegg is really pumping out the pre-order deals. I got in on Uncharted 3 too. They need to do one on BF3... unless I missed it

[quote name='Kyoz']Aww no pre-order bonus map? :(

Also, how are people getting charged tax on Amazon? I live in california and amazon never changes me tax, but I do get charged tax from Newegg...[/QUOTE]
It all depends if they have a shipping facility in the state. I don't think Amazon does in CA, but because Newegg has one, and some states require they pay tax on all internet purchases due to having a "presence" in the state.

As tempting as this sounds, I am going to wait to see if this game uses Steamworks or not on retail PC disc copies. I would rather a Steamworks version.

bread's done
Back