Newegg Preorder ESV: Skyrim, NBA 2K12 $48, Kinect Sports Season 2 $38 w/ FS

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#61 Earthbound_X

Earthbound_X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2011 - 08:10 AM

Just so everyone knows, Newegg seem to be having server issues atm. I was able to place my order, but it's not showing up in my order's placed history.

Nor have I received an email.

So it might not have gone through.

Hmm, now Firefox is saying that the Account page for Newegg is an untrusted source? Did someone hack Newegg?

Edit: Hmm, now that is gone, and the account page just isn't working again.

Wow, Newegg seems to be having some major issues right now. Least if my order didn't go through I should still have time to do it again in the morning, when hopefully the site will be fixed.

Edited by Earthbound_X, 13 August 2011 - 08:23 AM.

#62 Earthbound_X

Earthbound_X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2011 - 08:32 AM

And now the codes for the PC version says this.

Although you've entered a valid promo code EMCKBJH96, your order does not currently meet the code's usage criteria.

And I know for a fact now that my original order did not go through.

So I guess I'm screwed.

Edit: Or wait, nm. I'm an idiot. Since this is the first time I've preordered from Newegg, I did not notice that it has a separate page for preorders you have placed.

As for the fact it doesn't come with the map, I think I'm OK with that. Oblivion came with a Cloth map I look at once, then never again.
I can do without it for free shipping, and saving 12 bucks.

Edited by Earthbound_X, 13 August 2011 - 09:59 PM.

#63 n8dawwg

n8dawwg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2011 - 03:04 PM

WTF! I cant get newcustomer10 to work even though i made my first account and had my order over $50. I even tried doing just a single item and it doesnt work. Anyone having the same problem?

#64 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2011 - 03:08 PM

^newcustomer10 didnt work when i tried it on preorders, but then it worked on instock items. im actually glad it didnt work on my skyrim preorder, as the skyrim CE showed up in my amazon gold box today. yay.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#65 isofan1

isofan1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2011 - 04:54 PM

So far I've pre-ordered Sykrim, Uncharted 3 and Ico Collection through NewEgg. I've saved $47 on these three games alone because newegg doesnt charge tax and these pre-order discounts are insane. :D

#66 JordanPlayer

JordanPlayer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2011 - 05:43 PM

Tossed down a pre-order on Skyrim, thanks OP :)

#67 mkaliaz

mkaliaz

Scurvy Dog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2011 - 06:34 PM

Pre-ordered Skyrim for the PC this morning. This goes with my pre-order of Uncharted 3 last week.

My experiences with New Egg preorders have been pretty good. I wouldn't expect the game to be at your doorstep on release date, but it has happened for me before. I usually get shipping before they promise it. They ship from California too as their main location. They may have others around the country but thats where my orders come from.

#68 BNoyes

BNoyes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2011 - 06:58 PM

So far I've pre-ordered Sykrim, Uncharted 3 and Ico Collection through NewEgg. I've saved $47 on these three games alone because newegg doesnt charge tax and these pre-order discounts are insane. :D

I'm pretty happy about their discounts, too. I've got Uncharted 3, Gears of War 3, Rage, Team Ico Collection, and even Kinect Sports 2 (for the gf) pre-ordered through them. The lack of tax is great, since I live in WA state and Amazon taxes me. The only reason I'm not doing Skyrim is that I'm getting it essentially for free from Amazom because of credit I have, and the free release date shipping. It's still tempting to switch and just use the credit on something else, though. For whatever reason I just like supporting newegg.

#69 xskaxninjax

xskaxninjax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2011 - 07:18 PM

Great deal on Kinect Sports 2. I just can't see myself spending real money on games. If only Newegg took trade-ins...

#70 Jello1996

Jello1996

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2011 - 07:59 PM

I was thinking about getting the xbox 360 with the $70 gift card bonus that they are offering right now. Does anybody know if I'll get that $70 credit immediately or in enough time to use it on these pre-orders?

#71 snatcher33

snatcher33

Marry me Jenny!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2011 - 09:42 PM

I was thinking about getting the xbox 360 with the $70 gift card bonus that they are offering right now. Does anybody know if I'll get that $70 credit immediately or in enough time to use it on these pre-orders?

Probably not. I bought the 4GB with the $100 credit, and it came about a week after I ordered the 360.
Posted Image

#72 Jello1996

Jello1996

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2011 - 09:57 PM

Probably not. I bought the 4GB with the $100 credit, and it came about a week after I ordered the 360.

That sucks, but thanks for the info. I guess I'll just hold on to my imaginary money.