Warrant Singer Jani Lane Dies in Los Angeles

/pukes

Celebrity worship. We have enough deification of celeberities as it in this country, we dont need it over a guy from a 3rd rate 80s hairband.

Hundreds of other people died in this country today also but notbody cares about them because they didnt keep aqua net in business and wear leather pants on tv. :roll:

[quote name='gargus']Hundreds of other people died in this country today also but notbody cares about them because they didnt keep aqua net in business and wear leather pants on tv. :roll:[/QUOTE]

yeah but all of those people didn't give me this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjyZKfdwlng

Also, they were a second rate 80s metal band. Not top tier but pretty damn good at the time.

[quote name='gargus']/pukes

Celebrity worship. We have enough deification of celeberities as it in this country, we dont need it over a guy from a 3rd rate 80s hairband.

Hundreds of other people died in this country today also but notbody cares about them because they didnt keep aqua net in business and wear leather pants on tv. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Dude. Seriously. Two fucking comments. Two fucking comments before you start in with your batshit crazy diatribes again. One said "bummer". The other said "sad". Neither of these things is untrue...or is even anywhere close to "celebrity worship". You're so wrapped up in your constant need to correct people and pass judgment that you didn't even wait for it to happen this time. A singer from a popular 80s band died. It's news. Get over yourself.

Hundreds of other people died in this country today also but notbody cares about them because they didnt keep aqua net in business and wear leather pants on tv. :roll:[/QUOTE]

An idiotic comment by Gargus, what a surprise.

[quote name='Javery']yeah but all of those people didn't give me this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjyZKfdwlng

Also, they were a second rate 80s metal band. Not top tier but pretty damn good at the time.[/QUOTE]

man i miss the 80s the best damn videos ever full of T&A and damn proud of it. do they even still make music videos anymore in america?

celebrity worship. We have enough deification of celeberities as it in this country, we dont need it over a guy from a 3rd rate 80s hairband.

Hundreds of other people died in this country today also but notbody cares about them because they didnt keep aqua net in business and wear leather pants on tv. :roll:[/quote]

+1

You're the only puke here gargus. What do you do with your life, sit on your fat ass and comment on a message board all day long? Big accomplishment. At least Jani Lane actually accomplished something with his life, whether you like his music or not. Your just a disrespecting little turd. Celebrities are still human beings you dumb shit. Realize the cold truth, who will give a shit when you leave this world? Oh, right - no one will. Yeah, a lot of people die each day and the media gives them no attention. Grow up, that's life. It isn't fair. Unless you're 15 years old, you should've figured that out by now.

broken-record.jpg

I knew you'd be here. Stay out of threads you don't like. Plain and simple.

Trolling & Harassment
Posting unsubstantiated negative commentary intended solely to annoy and/or offend other users is not allowed.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']You echo my sentiments completely. Dude is trolling just to troll.[/QUOTE]

Just a couple clicks, Casey. No one would blame you.

Posting unsubstantiated negative commentary intended solely to annoy and/or offend other users is not allowed.

Sounds like its time for some summer cleaning, then. Out with the trash. I'm sick of trying to have a civilized adult conversation with my fellow CAGs and have gargus always sounding off with some hateful diatribe - keep in mind, it's only being spouted for the SOLE PURPOSE of pissing people off. This is far from the first time it's happened too.

Not my favorite band that shared the name Warrant (there was a german band with the same name), but it is still a shame that one of the guys of the hair metal scene has passed. OVerrated or not, they had a few fun songs.

Dear God, I know you are a flawless being, but I believe there has been a slight oversight. You took Jani Lane from us, when I believe you probably meant to take Gargus.

IN COME YO DADDY STANDIN SIX FOOT FO: SAID YOU AIN'T GON: SWING WITH MY DAUGHTER NO MORE

/start deification

Oh my god, how could this have happened? All of Warrant's songs were so amazing! It was like the best music ever made, and they hardly asked for a penny of our money! What cruel omniscient being could be so heartless as to take our beloved Jani Lane from us? JANI LANE, YOU WILL BE MISSED SEVERELY! LIFE WILL NOT BE THE SAME WITHOUT YOU!!!!!!!1

/end deification

Really, isn't this the response you wanted? And nobody has posted this because gargus came out of the gates with a flame? More of the posts in this unnecessary thread are about gargus than the rock star's death.

I'm pretty sure the point gargus was making is that people always feel they need to post a topic when someone famous dies (e.g. Heath Ledger, Michael Jackson, Macho Man) and yet we almost never see a topic about someone's grandfather passing away. And if there was one, you'd all troll it. Hypocrites. Jani Lane was a person, and that's all there is to it.

/end thread

Cut gargus some slack. Girls just use him for disappointing free dinners at Applebees. Of course he's going to be pissed about everything including people showing mild empathy that a singer died.

/end thread
Ah yes, the sure way to make sure no one else posts in a thread.

[quote name='Blade']I'm pretty sure the point gargus was making is that people always feel they need to post a topic when someone famous dies (e.g. Heath Ledger, Michael Jackson, Macho Man) and yet we almost never see a topic about someone's grandfather passing away. And if there was one, you'd all troll it. Hypocrites. Jani Lane was a person, and that's all there is to it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, jeez, I can't figure out why there would be a discussion over a famous person's death, but not some random CAG member's grandfather. Although I guess anyone who throws in with dumbass Gargus probably isn't too perceptive to begin with.

There have been threads in the past with people posting about the death of a relative or even a close friend, and the responses were generally very civil and/or sympathetic. There's usually a few jokers, but that's life.

Congrats on making the brilliant, insightful point that "Jani Lane was a person. And that's all there is to it." Man, they should write that shit on his tombstone. Maybe they could even write something touching and insightful like "/end tombstone" at the bottom!

[quote name='kodave']Cut gargus some slack. Girls just use him for disappointing free dinners at Applebees. Of course he's going to be pissed about everything including people showing mild empathy that a singer died.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade
I'm pretty sure the point gargus was making is that people always feel they need to post a topic when someone famous dies (e.g. Heath Ledger, Michael Jackson, Macho Man) and yet we almost never see a topic about someone's grandfather passing away. And if there was one, you'd all troll it. Hypocrites. Jani Lane was a person, and that's all there is to it.

KaneRobot
Yeah, jeez, I can't figure out why there would be a discussion over a famous person's death, but not some random CAG member's grandfather. Although I guess anyone who throws in with dumbass Gargus probably isn't too perceptive to begin with.

There have been threads in the past with people posting about the death of a relative or even a close friend, and the responses were generally very civil and/or sympathetic. There's usually a few jokers, but that's life.

Congrats on making the brilliant, insightful point that "Jani Lane was a person. And that's all there is to it." Man, they should write that shit on his tombstone. Maybe they could even write something touching and insightful like "/end tombstone" at the bottom!

:applause::applause::applause: Well said KaneRobot, well said.

I love how Blade cries out "hypocrites" and says we'd all be trolling if this was somebody's grandfather who died, yet he's firmly in league with the 'troll camp' all himself. Hypocrite huh? Instead of video games, it might be wiser for him to play 'dictionary', a fun little game of discovering the meaning of words with more than two syllables.

A dear childhood/highschool friend of mine wrecked his motorcycle the other night swerving to avoid an oncoming car coming into his lane. He lost control, flew from the bike, and was hit by the oncoming car and subsequently run over by his riding partner who was trailing behind a quarter mile or so. Killed instantly.

Go fuck yourself, Jani Lane.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Ah yes, the sure way to make sure no one else posts in a thread.

Congrats on making the brilliant, insightful point that "Jani Lane was a person. And that's all there is to it." Man, they should write that shit on his tombstone. Maybe they could even write something touching and insightful like "/end tombstone" at the bottom![/QUOTE]

wouldnt the tombstone say /end Life on it lol.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Dude. Seriously. Two fucking comments. Two fucking comments before you start in with your batshit crazy diatribes again. One said "bummer". The other said "sad". Neither of these things is untrue...or is even anywhere close to "celebrity worship". You're so wrapped up in your constant need to correct people and pass judgment that you didn't even wait for it to happen this time. A singer from a popular 80s band died. It's news. Get over yourself.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

[quote name='Blade']/start deification

Oh my god, how could this have happened? All of Warrant's songs were so amazing! It was like the best music ever made, and they hardly asked for a penny of our money! What cruel omniscient being could be so heartless as to take our beloved Jani Lane from us? JANI LANE, YOU WILL BE MISSED SEVERELY! LIFE WILL NOT BE THE SAME WITHOUT YOU!!!!!!!1

/end deification

Really, isn't this the response you wanted? And nobody has posted this because gargus came out of the gates with a flame? More of the posts in this unnecessary thread are about gargus than the rock star's death.

/end thread[/QUOTE]

I really wasn't looking for any outpouring of infinite sadness, wailing, or deification. Just simply sharing a news story I stumbled across that I thought may be relevant to some. That's what these "Off-topic" threads are for. It's a forum community and the whole idea is to share various topics and conversational pieces. To declare it an unnecessary thread seems a bit, well, unnecessary. For future reference, please do tell what topics in the "off-topic" thread would be deemed worthy of posting.

There was no innate *need* to post the thread just because a celebrity died. Just like there is no need to attempt to make a correlation between a grandfather passing and how we all would troll it?!? Come again??? Whatever your point was is rendered moot by that comment. Furthermore, is there ever really a *need* to post any type of thread topic? Judging by those standards, perhaps we should never post new threads because there is always something or someone of greater importance to be discussing.

[quote name='Lyricsborn']Why is he performing at the Tony awards.[/QUOTE]

Homeboy needs work! Actually, I think there was a "rock" type Broadway musical that a lot of bands played in, and Poison was one of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Lyricsborn']Why is he performing at the Tony awards.[/QUOTE]

Put irrelevant people in irrelevant events and hope that they cancel each other out to create relevance?

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Lol, that guy ALMOST got killed by a stage curtain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dA-AL90_RE

Fortunately his bandana remained unharmed.[/QUOTE]

I was trying to say something positive about the guy even though I hate his music. The best I could come up with is: "At least he wasn't as annoying as the lead singer from Poison..."

Came in to also comment I was one of the people that used to really like Warrant back in the day (hell, I even had both of their tapes/CDs, Cherry Pie and the "other one" (DRFSR)) but all I've been able to do is absolutely laugh my ass off at people blasting the troller. The free Applebees dinner slam might be the best, but /end tombstone was also epic. I hope this thread has legs, cause I'm getting a lot of enjoyment out of it! HAA HAA!

edit: Strell's "Unwarranted" also at the top. Loving this.

bread's done
Back