Amazon Video Games DOTW - Dungeon Siege 3, Majin & HUGE Handheld Game Sale

• Please log in to reply
225 replies to this topic

#31 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2011 - 11:05 AM

Just bought a 3DS (gotta love that PUR Gamestop coupon deal) and zelda of course. Any suggestions from this sale on what else would be worth picking up? The selection seems rather mediocre and I might just wait until Star Fox next month.

#32 RealDeals

RealDeals

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2011 - 11:24 AM

Just bought a 3DS (gotta love that PUR Gamestop coupon deal) and zelda of course. Any suggestions from this sale on what else would be worth picking up? The selection seems rather mediocre and I might just wait until Star Fox next month.

Super Street Fighter 4 3D and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon plus either Star Wars: The Clone Wars 3/Dead Or Alive Dimensions for around $60 is pretty good.

#33 The Carrot Cake Kid

The Carrot Cake Kid

Luvs Creamy Frosting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2011 - 11:28 AM

thanks for the feedback guys, between the massive backlog and the near unanimous no from you guys I will wait til it hits the magic $20 mark

I tried the demo and can't understand the hate. I really liked it, just have a massive backlog so no need to rush to buy.

Just because the majority of reviews weren't favorable doesn't necessarily mean YOU will dislike it. Games like Conan, Too Human, and Eat Lead never got good reviews yet I absolutely loved them (and I thought GTA IV and Halo sucked). You have access to the demo on XBL, why not check it out?

#34 diishen

diishen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2011 - 11:32 AM

Can anyone tell me if Valkyria Chronicles 2 have been cheaper for a new copy?

#35 chunlirocks

chunlirocks

Posted 14 August 2011 - 11:49 AM

Can anyone tell me if Valkyria Chronicles 2 have been cheaper for a new copy?

It was 19.99 somewhere a while back but it will be cheaper on black friday. Just hang in there mate.
:joystick: CERTIFIED GRADE A VIDIOT:joystick:

IN MY CONSOLES - NOW PLAYING:
:ps3: BLAZBLUE and DEMON's SOULS
:360: MUSHIHIMESAMA FUTARI 1. 5
:ps2: EVERBLUE 2
:wii: METROID PRIME TRILOGY
:psp: Field Commander
:xbox: XYANIDE

#36 Bartholomew538

Bartholomew538

Posted 14 August 2011 - 11:52 AM

Thoughts on BlazBlue 3DS? For $20 I'm thinking of picking it up, though I've also heard the PSP version is better. Thoughts?

#37 flames_of_chaos

flames_of_chaos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2011 - 01:38 PM

Thoughts on BlazBlue 3DS? For $20 I'm thinking of picking it up, though I've also heard the PSP version is better. Thoughts?

The 3DS version is pretty good and I don't have any major issues with it. The 3DS version has faster load times than the PSP version. The 3D effect is layered with characters and gauges in the foreground while the background is pushed a little back. Though with 3D on it does contribute to a little slowdown in multiplayer.

Two things to keep in mind, the game does not support sleep mode meaning that if you close the 3DS, the game still runs. Also the circle pad is pretty much used as a taunt button, so all of your movement is done on the d-pad (this is also the case on the PSP version).

While its disappointing that this does not have online (which is probably due to the game being a port of a PSP game), there is plenty of stuff to do in the game since there are many modes. It is definitely worth $20.

#38 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2011 - 01:40 PM

Can no longer order tactics orge for the psp (at least it wont allow me to order it)
WOOOO I STINK

#39 EDiTOR9

EDiTOR9

Posted 14 August 2011 - 01:48 PM

In for DOA:D & like new copy of SFIV $51.57 for both 8-)
3DS: AC New Leaf | PSV:Resistance/Black Ops/MGS 3 SE | PS4: Ghosts/Killzone | Wii U: SC: Blacklist | PS3: TWD S2 | Xbox360: GoWJ | Xbox1: DR3

...*I* am said douche (as if y'all didn't know)...

I just had sex with my mom and she gave me flowers

#40 topplehat

topplehat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2011 - 02:22 PM

I can get to the link from the old RPG DotD thread but when I add 3 games to my cart it won't work..any advice from anyone?

Same here, is this sale still active?

#41 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2011 - 02:29 PM

Just got Dead or Alive and my sister bought cooking mama 3, and we got free shipping! XD

#42 patches48

patches48

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2011 - 02:33 PM

Awesome sale! Picked up Tactics Ogre and Trails in the Sky. Greg Kasavin (from SuperGiant Games AKA the people who made Bastion) recommended Trains in the Sky if you like those old school style JRPG's.

#43 Runch

Runch

Responsibly Reckless

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2011 - 02:45 PM

I thought Amazon's regular price on Majin was like $13. How is $15 a deal?
Posted Image

#44 GaveUpTomorrow

GaveUpTomorrow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2011 - 02:56 PM

It was 19.99 somewhere a while back but it will be cheaper on black friday. Just hang in there mate.

Any actual proof of that statement? Or are you just under the assumption that EVERYTHING is going to be cheaper on black friday? Shoot, if that is the case, everyone should only only buy stuff on Black Friday, the day where everything is at its cheapest! :roll:

On a serious side, Valkyria Chronicles 2 can be purchased at Gamestop for $19.99 New / $17.99 used right now, so that may be the better option for some people based on credit.

#45 envelopes

envelopes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2011 - 03:06 PM

I thought Amazon's regular price on Majin was like $13. How is $15 a deal?

I don't know about 360, but I've been keeping an eye on the ps3 version since I got my ps3, and it's usually like $25-$30. See http://camelcamelcam...duct/B003BE6OYS for this history -- it WAS like $12 at one point, but that was before I got my ps3.

Is this worth grabbing?

#46 Xellos2099

Xellos2099

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2011 - 03:11 PM

Nice deal too bad Zelda is not part of the sale.... Maybe I will get doa and the hori screen protector

#47 Starcrest

Starcrest

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2011 - 03:21 PM

I got Y's Oath and Trail in the sky. Thanks for letting us know about the price drop. I might still go back and get Valkyria 2 as well.

#48 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2011 - 03:23 PM

Guys if you want the b2g1 free just make your order and do a live chat (dont call) tell them the promotion didnt go though and they will ajust it ! It worked for me during the ds rpg sale :)
Currently playing
:ps4: murdered soul suspect, the transistor, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: wonderfull 101

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, knack : :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#49 Saablic

Saablic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2011 - 03:38 PM

Any actual proof of that statement? Or are you just under the assumption that EVERYTHING is going to be cheaper on black friday? Shoot, if that is the case, everyone should only only buy stuff on Black Friday, the day where everything is at its cheapest! :roll:

On a serious side, Valkyria Chronicles 2 can be purchased at Gamestop for $19.99 New / $17.99 used right now, so that may be the better option for some people based on credit.

I believe it was $20 around last black friday during a lightning deal for the UMD version which I picked up. A few days later it was $15 for the PSN version which a friend of mine picked up. So at least last year was great for the game!

#50 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2011 - 03:42 PM

The first Valkyria chronicles craps all over the second one. The game play of part 2 was good as ever but the game didnt have the heart and soul of the original. I just couldnt get into part 2 sadly :(
Currently playing
:ps4: murdered soul suspect, the transistor, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: wonderfull 101

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, knack : :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#51 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2011 - 03:47 PM

Monster Tale is 20.99, not the lowest I've seen it but close. I think it's worth that.
Posted Image

#52 Optical

Optical

Go Big Red

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2011 - 03:49 PM

I don't know about 360, but I've been keeping an eye on the ps3 version since I got my ps3, and it's usually like $25-$30. See http://camelcamelcam...duct/B003BE6OYS for this history -- it WAS like $12 at one point, but that was before I got my ps3.

Is this worth grabbing?

I bought the 360 a few months ago and it was $12.85.

#53 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2011 - 04:02 PM

Those are tempting prices... especially for 358/2 and Trails in the Sky LE. But I just can't bring myself to do it.

Currently playing:
:ps3: God of War: Ascension - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#54 Bartholomew538

Bartholomew538

Posted 14 August 2011 - 04:10 PM

The 3DS version is pretty good and I don't have any major issues with it. The 3DS version has faster load times than the PSP version. The 3D effect is layered with characters and gauges in the foreground while the background is pushed a little back. Though with 3D on it does contribute to a little slowdown in multiplayer.

Two things to keep in mind, the game does not support sleep mode meaning that if you close the 3DS, the game still runs. Also the circle pad is pretty much used as a taunt button, so all of your movement is done on the d-pad (this is also the case on the PSP version).

While its disappointing that this does not have online (which is probably due to the game being a port of a PSP game), there is plenty of stuff to do in the game since there are many modes. It is definitely worth $20.

Thanks, gonna pick it up. I don't really care too much about the online play, so that's not a big deal for me.

#55 envelopes

envelopes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2011 - 04:16 PM

I bought the 360 a few months ago and it was $12.85.

yeah: http://camelcamelcam...duct/B003BE6OZC much cheaper on the 360! :-( typical. was it worth it?

#56 TheSingingBard

TheSingingBard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2011 - 04:21 PM

Wow, awesome OP. I thank you, but my wallet doesn't lol. In for Trails in the Sky and Valkyria Chronicles 2 PSP.

#57 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2011 - 04:31 PM

Man, Dungeon Siege 3 is dropping even more so and even quicker in price...

#58 kell

kell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2011 - 05:05 PM

#59 Optical

Optical

Go Big Red

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2011 - 05:48 PM

Damn, I ordered Tactic Ogre 4 hours ago and I just got a Goozex match for it! :| Amazon already has it set for shipping soon, so I hope they will cancel it for me.

#60 pandanese90

pandanese90

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2011 - 05:58 PM

dead or alive dimensions 27$ and ocarina of time $30? Don't know if its worth it :/ i was waiting on a buy one get one free? what do you guys think?